PDA

View Full Version : New Steeler Return Guy

TampaSteelerFan
04-27-2009, 03:01 PM
Here is footage of a SICK punt return TD by first team All American and new Pittsburgh Steeler Joe Burnett in the Conference USA title game two seasons ago. Burnett will be a HUGE new dynamic to our return game!!

http://www.truveo.com/Joe-Burnett-83Yard-Punt-Return/id/2640646175

:drink:

Steel Head
04-27-2009, 03:03 PM
so now we have Burnett, Wallace and that dude from the CFL to return kicks?

and also Moore was okay at returning punts. and we have Holmes to use for key punt returns in the playoffs

am i forgetting anyone?

iceman000123
04-27-2009, 03:36 PM

and also Moore was okay at returning punts. and we have Holmes to use for key punt returns in the playoffs

am i forgetting anyone?

Don't think so. and Wallace is FAST so i can't wait to see how he fairs in the pre-season :tt:

Psyychoward86
04-27-2009, 05:31 PM
Eh, apparently he's a punt returning guru, but he looked a bit sluggish in that video to be honest :flap:. But yeah, he should be good. Isnt Wallace good at Kick returns?

55BaileyFan
04-27-2009, 07:31 PM
I said it in a previous post and I'll say it again, Burnett is my favorite pick and he will be a great nickel corner and fantastic return man. He was tops in C-USA in interceptions and in top 10 of NCAA in punt and kick return yards.

Dylan
04-27-2009, 08:04 PM
wow i cant wait to see this kid play....i think i read the steelers gave him a 3rd round grade

El-Gonzo Jackson
04-27-2009, 11:15 PM

You forgot Keiwan Ratliff as a kick returner too.

I think Stephan Logan will have a hard time making the team. Burnett might replace Madison, Lewis replaces McFadden and Ratliff might be kept on the roster in place of a 7th D lineman. Anyways, we got return guys!!!

Steeldude
04-28-2009, 12:00 AM
Eh, apparently he's a punt returning guru, but he looked a bit sluggish in that video to be honest :flap:. But yeah, he should be good. Isnt Wallace good at Kick returns?

i agree. it looked like he was running in mud. if he was drafted for returning punts then i think he will be cut or perhaps placed on the practice squad.

Galax Steeler
04-28-2009, 03:47 AM
I just hope our return game is alot better this year no matter who is returning the ball for us. We just need to get better field position.

The Lakelander
04-28-2009, 08:53 AM
It's gonna be a great camp battle to watch all these guys compete.

BTW ... thanks for the damn trojan horse link on that vid!

Hines0wnz
04-28-2009, 10:35 AM
Anything will be an improvement over the back up RBs returning kickoffs.

steelerdave1969
04-28-2009, 10:47 AM
I dunno who will be returning kicks and punts, but I hope that we dont have to use Santonio Holmes there anymore. He is way to valuable to have on the field returning punts. I think the Steelers did a nice job getting some return prospects for sure.