PDA

View Full Version : Fight in the Bengals locker room at halftime?

JustaFan
01-10-2006, 02:37 PM
CHAD TOOK SWING AT MARVIN

A league source tells us that multiple members of the Cincinnati Bengals witnessed a troubling incident as the team prepared to take the field for the second half of Sunday's playoff game against the Pittsburgh Steelers.

Per the source, the last few minutes of intermission were ticking away, when the players were startled by the sight and sound of a helmet slamming against the glass pane of the training room door. Inside, receiver Chad Johnson and receivers coach Hue Jackson were engaged in an altercation. At one point, Johnson was seen holding Jackson in a headlock.

Coach Marvin Lewis entered the training room to intervene, and Johnson (per the source) took a swing at him.

ProFootballTalk (http://www.profootballtalk.com/rumormill.htm)

Also see

Cincinnati Enquirer (http://news.enquirer.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20060110/SPT02/301100008)

Justin Otstott
01-10-2006, 02:52 PM
wow! if that's true that is crazy. Big babies!!!

tony hipchest
01-10-2006, 02:54 PM
but i though c. johnson was all about shits and grins, farts and giggles, one of the good guys who is nothing but fun. they were probably just practicing a choreographed wwe style endzone celebration for all the td's he planned on having in the 2nd half.

crazy story. i wonder how reliable the source is.

TasmanianTroy271
01-10-2006, 02:54 PM
OK, before all the jokes, when is Chad a FA? I know alot of you don't like him, but I do, and I know he will never be a Steeler, but I'd like him more if he weren't a Bengal. And whether they like it or not, his antics do bring up ratings for their games, and I'm sure there are alot fo teams that would welcome him with open arms. This is assuming this is true, and Chad's now on the bad side of Marvin...

augustashark
01-10-2006, 03:26 PM
You take a swing at a coach and its all over! He may be back next season, but this will (if true) haunt him for his entire career i.e. Spreewell!!!!

Chad is a jerk (there are reasons why a guy has to go to jr college) and this just tells you (if true) what kind of guy he is.

Hines had 2 catches for 10yds. If we would have lost do you think he would have taken a swing at BC? I think not.

Brady12
01-10-2006, 04:13 PM
I believe it was confirmed.

Sharkissle29
01-10-2006, 04:14 PM
hmm i dont know how much i believe it

Brady12
01-10-2006, 04:17 PM
Chad will be a Free Agent at the conclusion of 2008 season (year 2009)

Ambridge
01-10-2006, 04:19 PM
I seen this story on another message board and supposedly PFT isn't a very reliable source.
Should this story end up being true then Chad is a much bigger Jackass than I ever thought he was.

Maybe CJ can go to Baltimore and take a swing Billick.

Brady12
01-10-2006, 04:19 PM
Most of the time when a team doesn't talk to the media about something, that is going around, it usually happened.

Suitanim
01-10-2006, 04:22 PM
Pro Football Talk is the World Weekly News of the NFL...

But I like it if it IS true...proves what a selfish jackass he truly is, and how easy it is to blind Bengals fans by dropping a couple hundred bucks on a kid and eating a hot dog in the parking lot...

83-Steelers-43
01-10-2006, 04:23 PM
I saw this article early this morning and I was debating on posting it on this site but decided not to do so simply because the source is the NFL's equivalent to the Enquirer.

Personally, I don't buy it.

RoethlisBURGHer
01-10-2006, 04:25 PM
Wow...Marvin doesn't take shit...so this might spell the end for CJ in Cinci.

boLT fan
01-10-2006, 05:53 PM
I wouldn't believe anything from Pro Football Talk. They're the dumbest "reporters" i've ever seen.

If there were some other source then maybe i'd believe it, but untill then I don't.

Cape Cod Steel Head
01-10-2006, 06:17 PM
Chad just had a press conference and denied the whole thing.

Koopa
01-10-2006, 07:28 PM
i doubt it's true...........naw i no it's not true

VegasStlrFan
01-10-2006, 07:33 PM
Either way He's still a punk!

CantStop85
01-10-2006, 08:13 PM
Either way He's still a punk!
And your logic behind that statement is?

I'll believe that the incident occurred when I actually see it. It was probably more of a situation where Chad got frustrated and maybe slammed his helmet into the wall and the coaches got after him and the incident got exaggerated just a little bit.

He is an emotional guy, but I don't see him putting his wide receivers coach in a headlock...that just sounds retarded.

tony hipchest
01-10-2006, 08:21 PM
He is an emotional guy, but I don't see him putting his wide receivers coach in a headlock...that just sounds retarded.

so does throwing a punch at lewis. lewis has given more leeway to chad than probably 90% of the coaches wouldve. lewis might even kick chads ass toe to toe.

Atlanta Dan
01-10-2006, 09:26 PM
Chad is entertaining but nuts. Certainly hasn't been a happy last 54 hours for the rising power in the AFC North.

Tim
01-10-2006, 09:32 PM
What kind of moron says "We don't comment on rumor". Good lord, that's at least half of all of the sports writing that happens in a given week.

If it's just rumor then say what did or did not happen. Going "no comment" is just chucking a big ol' bucket of gas on the fire.

Suitanim
01-10-2006, 09:54 PM
Chad just had a press conference and denied the whole thing.

That's his mistake...if he denied it, it happened, and probably just the way it was reported.

83-Steelers-43
01-11-2006, 12:11 PM
http://news.cincypost.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20060111/SPT03/601110308/1022

Chad responds.......

Suitanim
01-11-2006, 01:47 PM
This almost certainly confirms it happened...

Suitanim
01-11-2006, 07:16 PM
Boomer Esiason confirmed it today...on the radio, so obviously no link.

CantStop85
01-11-2006, 07:58 PM
I still believe that the incident was embellished just a little bit...dramatized if you will...

I mean, come on, a headlock? It's not WWE. I could believe the taking a swing at marvin and throwing the helmet thing though.

SteelerzGirl
01-11-2006, 09:51 PM
Well crap! I'm mad that I couldn't be there in the Bengals' locker room to see the drama! :dancing: :popcorn:

BlitzburghRockCity
01-11-2006, 10:13 PM
And your logic behind that statement is?

I'll believe that the incident occurred when I actually see it. It was probably more of a situation where Chad got frustrated and maybe slammed his helmet into the wall and the coaches got after him and the incident got exaggerated just a little bit.

For some stupid reason I tend to agree with you :sofunny: Im sure he was pissed off, frustrated, angry, and every other volative emotion and I have no doubt he probably did throw his helmet.. but fighting w/ a coach, thats TO territory there.

SteelCityMan786
01-12-2006, 04:29 PM
What a bunch of classless players. Even though they have a little more class then Baltimore and Cleveland

CantStop85
01-12-2006, 05:57 PM
What a bunch of classless players. Even though they have a little more class then Baltimore and Cleveland
Painting with a broad brush there, don't ya think?

tony hipchest
01-12-2006, 06:55 PM
Painting with a broad brush there, don't ya think?

unfortunately for the bengals, chad johnson has become the face of your team. there is added responsibility and accountability he must be mature enough to accept now that the has thrust himself into that position. he wanted this notariety and he must be able to act accordingly.

having good guys like jerome and hines as the face of your team almost make joey porter type comments seem comical. swept under the rug. try to kick ray lewis' ass, punch william green. it doent matter. the steelers are nice guys. after all just look at hines and jerome smile!