PDA

View Full Version : Ratbirds Rookie already talking smack?

I-Want-Troy's-Hair
04-27-2009, 08:00 PM
The #1 defense had a date with you on November 29th. Get yer :popcorn: ready rookie.

http://www.baltimoresun.com/sports/football/bal-sp.ravens27apr27,0,3101143.story

Oher confident of making early impact Ravens first-round pick hopes to become starter immediately

At his introductory news conference Sunday, Michael Oher showed that he is a fast learner.

"I'm going to do everything I possibly can to get them to beat Pittsburgh," the Ravens' first-round draft pick said in his first answer to Baltimore reporters. :toofunny::toofunny:

Giving Oher (pronounced oar) a pat on the shoulder, Ravens coach John Harbaugh reiterated that the 6-foot-4, 309-pound offensive lineman will compete with Willie Anderson for the starting right tackle job.

The pressure is on Oher to uphold the Ravens' tradition of rookies making an immediate impact.

X-Terminator
04-27-2009, 08:02 PM
He's been a Raven for 2 days, and we're already in his head.

Beautiful.

tony hipchest
04-27-2009, 08:09 PM
Giving Oher (pronounced oar) a pat on the shoulder, Ravens coach John Harbaugh reiterated that the 6-foot-4, 309-pound offensive lineman will compete with Willie Anderson for the starting right tackle job..

oar? is that so? well you know what "sore", why dont you gently row, row, row your boat on down the stream and take your asskicking from the steelers as merrily as you can.

"eey-ore" is gonna find himself up shit creek without a paddle, now. "awwww pooh"

Psyychoward86
04-27-2009, 08:19 PM
I wouldnt call it smack, not even arrogance. But if he wants to wear the big boy pants immediately, he's got it coming. Can anyone hear the blitzhounds rubbing their hands in anticipation?

I-Want-Troy's-Hair
04-27-2009, 08:24 PM
You can bet that Tomlin has already filed that one in his "will use later" drawer.

Next he'll be stomping on a terrible towel -- - stupid stupid stupid

tony hipchest
04-27-2009, 08:33 PM
well the ravens put a hit out on our rookie last year for "smack" like boat rowers comments.

all i can say is what comes around, goes around.

i dont think i'd shed a tear if "cabin boy" whiffed on a harrison or woodley block, and cost flacco the remainder of his sophmore season.

Godfather
04-27-2009, 08:46 PM
I don't see that as smack. I see it as recognizing who the top dog is.

fansince'76
04-28-2009, 07:28 AM
Man, is it September yet? The offseason sucks - I'm ready for some football, especially after reading stuff like this! :tt03:

revefsreleets
04-28-2009, 09:04 AM
That's actually cool...It's like Tressel announcing upon accepting the job that he'd make the Buckeyes proud when they play Michigan. Oher GETS the rivalry, and that's exactly the kind of thing the players, coaches and fans want to hear from a rook.

It's actually very respectful of the Steelers...he knows who owns the division.

Hines0wnz
04-28-2009, 10:55 AM
Let's see if he can back it up. :wink02:

Steel Head
04-28-2009, 11:00 AM
Oher wasn't talking trash really

Just telling the fans what they want to hear

Let's not put him on the same level of those other idiots like Gay Ray, Bart Snott, Derrick Mason and T-Scrapple

Dino 6 Rings
04-28-2009, 11:29 AM
I'm not worried one bit about it. He'll get called for holding the first time he plays us, then we'll eat his lunch and punch his mother in the face and then, teach him what having Real Swagger is all about.

6 Rings fool. 6 of them.

Preacher
04-28-2009, 11:36 AM
That's actually cool...It's like Tressel announcing upon accepting the job that he'd make the Buckeyes proud when they play Michigan. Oher GETS the rivalry, and that's exactly the kind of thing the players, coaches and fans want to hear from a rook.

It's actually very respectful of the Steelers...he knows who owns the division.

Yep... I see it the same way.

He knows the team the Ravens has to beat in order to win this division. He is stating he is ready to help work to do so.

Good for him. Now get ready to have your rear-end handed to you!

revefsreleets
04-28-2009, 03:38 PM
I'm not worried one bit about it. He'll get called for holding the first time he plays us, then we'll eat his lunch and punch his mother in the face and then, teach him what having Real Swagger is all about.

6 Rings fool. 6 of them.

He will?

Wow, you are quite the optimist! We went, what, 18 quarters with no holding calls for us at all last year? Whole games at a time...I expect he'll get schooled by Wood/Silverback, but, c'mon, they ain't calling holding on out OLB's no matter who we play...

SteelCurtain7
04-28-2009, 04:41 PM
The #1 defense had a date with you on November 29th. Get yer :popcorn: ready rookie.

http://www.baltimoresun.com/sports/football/bal-sp.ravens27apr27,0,3101143.story

Oher confident of making early impact Ravens first-round pick hopes to become starter immediately

At his introductory news conference Sunday, Michael Oher showed that he is a fast learner.

"I'm going to do everything I possibly can to get them to beat Pittsburgh," the Ravens' first-round draft pick said in his first answer to Baltimore reporters. :toofunny::toofunny:

Giving Oher (pronounced oar) a pat on the shoulder, Ravens coach John Harbaugh reiterated that the 6-foot-4, 309-pound offensive lineman will compete with Willie Anderson for the starting right tackle job.

The pressure is on Oher to uphold the Ravens' tradition of rookies making an immediate impact.

Just call this rookie the next poster boy for WETSU. :tt:

jev7452
04-28-2009, 06:16 PM
.It's actually very respectful of the Steelers...he knows who owns the division.

that was my response, he knows who their number one threat is

RoethlisBURGHer
04-28-2009, 06:31 PM
Woodley and Harrison make veteran tackles look they they can't block their way out of a wet paper bag...what do you think they are going to do to a rookie?

Woodley or Harrison will go right around him and Flacco will be laying crumpled up on the ground in a heap of purple.

KeiselPower99
04-28-2009, 06:58 PM
I cant wait to see him get eaten up by our d just like Brown from the Texans did last year.

billybob
04-28-2009, 07:30 PM
Talk is kind of cheap , actions on the field are for real . Least he has fortitude.

BIGBENFASTWILLIE
04-28-2009, 09:37 PM
Dummy!!

Galax Steeler
04-29-2009, 03:55 AM
Let him talk his smack we will see what happens out on the field.

HometownGal
04-29-2009, 07:25 AM
He may not even crack the starting lineup this season so his smack is a little premature.

Thank you Mr. Oher for publicly acknowleging the team you and your fellow Rats fear! :tt02: I'm lovin' it! :tt03:

Rek
05-04-2009, 04:19 PM
Best of luck to ya big guy if u think u can beat the burgh.

Ravnet
05-06-2009, 12:15 AM
He has to win the starting job first as we already had a strong offensive line; remember that Oher wasn't drafted out of need, and he was just a BPA pick.

tony hipchest
05-06-2009, 12:20 AM
He has to win the starting job first as we already had a strong offensive line; remember that Oher wasn't drafted out of need, and he was just a BPA pick.in other words, its nice to see baltimore waste a #1 pick.

its not like they were the sb champs with the luxury to just go bpa (especially with such glaring needs).

with that being said, it was an excellent selection, and ozzie newsom is usually on top of his game.

DACEB
05-06-2009, 12:09 PM
Just call this rookie the next poster boy for WETSU. :tt:

Yes sir, WETSU!!