PDA

View Full Version : Birds best FRANCHISE in football?

nort10
04-27-2009, 10:19 PM
Go to school in the heart of "eagels" territory and had three of my friends tell me that...

- Asante Samuels is the best coner in football
- The Eagles are the best franchise in football
- The AFC East is the hardest divison in football

... please enlighten

NEPAsteeler
04-27-2009, 10:36 PM
How many Super Bowls has Philly won? That's what I thought. Next please.

nort10
04-27-2009, 10:38 PM

born in 87', seen 2 of 6 superbowls... still get ragged on how i wassn't alive for the other 4 so they "don't count"

:blah:

tyler289
04-27-2009, 10:41 PM
6 rings. I've only seen two of them but that doesn't matter. 6 rings is six rings.

The Eagles are a good franchise but there is no debate about who is the best franchise. The SBs speak for themselves.

NEPAsteeler
04-27-2009, 10:42 PM
I respect the fact that they atleast have the ability to get there, but ya gotta win some :flap:

Seriously speaking though, I do have respect for the eagles, whether other Steeler fans like that or not. I grew up around Philly fans so like to see what the Eagles can do every year.

SteelerFanStuckInBaltimor
04-27-2009, 10:44 PM
Since the start of the SuperBowl era:

Philly is 13-16 in the playoffs, and is 0-2 in SBs.

Pittsburgh is 28-17 in the playoffs, and is 6-1 in the SuperBowl.

Philthydelphia should be demoted to New Jersey, and removed from Pennsylvania.

Steely McSmash
04-27-2009, 10:46 PM
Go to school in the heart of "eagels" territory and had three of my friends tell me that...

... please enlighten

You need new friends.... Maybe find a Steelers bar.

NFC East is easily the most Hyped division due to being in so many big markets.

Samuel is a good corner. Champ Bailey is probably the best. Maybe they mean't highest paid?

I'm curious what category the eagles could possibly use to justify best. They're consistently making the playoffs but you can say that about a lot of teams who actually go to the playoffs a lot and sometimes win the Superbowl.

They probably have the most lousy and infantile fans. Of course they have to share these fans with all the other franchises in town.

mesaSteeler
04-27-2009, 10:46 PM

Nice. Philly fans do seem to suffer a serious case of Super Bowl Envy. Our games with them seem to mean much more to them than they do to us. After all they are not in our division or conference.

tony hipchest
04-27-2009, 10:48 PM

... please enlighten

i miss jr. high....

Steel-Bryan
04-27-2009, 10:50 PM

Whoa man, Jersey isnt bad at all. Football is real big around here and we got plenty of good Schools here, Dont get it twisted ! And the Eagles, Theyre all right. Not a good franchise. But they are in a somewhat hard divison

nort10
04-27-2009, 10:51 PM
i miss jr. high....

lol oh god, i was the only one in the pizza joint bleeding out my black and gold, and these fools banded against me... they left me there to walk home. They are still my frat bros, but it just makes me discredit philly that much more...

xfl2001fan
04-27-2009, 10:52 PM

... please enlighten

Samuels is the best corner on the Eagles. Champ is better.

Franchise? Doesn't a franchise have to win a superbowl before it can even be in contention? What's their record in the last 10 years, 20 years, 30 years?

The AFC South is the hardest division in football. Jaguars had a down year and will be a tough opponent again, the Colts are still an offensive juggernaut, the Texans seem to get a little tougher each year and the Titans are no slouch each year.

As opposed to the NFC Least (I assume, you meant NFC East, not AFC) which has the Cowboys (when's the last time they won a playoff game), The Deadskins (when's the last time Snyder didn't overpay), The Eagles (when's their next flop going to happen) and the Giants (a tad over-rated, but still a tough team.)

If it's the AFC Least, you have the down trodden Patriots who will find it more difficult to win without tapes, The Bills and Jets (really?) and Miami, whom Tuna is turning around.

Even the Browns fans aren't impressed.

MaidenIndiana
04-27-2009, 10:52 PM
I would suggest that you tell your so called friends to put the water bongs down and get a dose of reality

SteelerFanStuckInBaltimor
04-27-2009, 10:53 PM
Whoa man, Jersey isnt bad at all. Football is real big around here and we got plenty of good Schools here, Dont get it twisted ! And the Eagles, Theyre all right. Not a good franchise. But they are in a somewhat hard divison

J/K... A good friend of mine is a huge Eagle/Flyer fan, and that's the line I always throw at him. I spent a couple of weeks in Philly a little while back, had a good time - my hotel was near the "Market" - a huge building downtown, with lots of food booths set up, excellent food!

I travel alot, spent a good deal of time in Sandy Hook and Cape May, liked both areas...

nort10
04-27-2009, 10:53 PM
Samuels is the best corner on the Eagles. Champ is better.

Franchise? Doesn't a franchise have to win a superbowl before it can even be in contention? What's their record in the last 10 years, 20 years, 30 years?

The AFC South is the hardest division in football. Jaguars had a down year and will be a tough opponent again, the Colts are still an offensive juggernaut, the Texans seem to get a little tougher each year and the Titans are no slouch each year.

As opposed to the NFC Least (I assume, you meant NFC East, not AFC) which has the Cowboys (when's the last time they won a playoff game), The Deadskins (when's the last time Snyder didn't overpay), The Eagles (when's their next flop going to happen) and the Giants (a tad over-rated, but still a tough team.)

If it's the AFC Least, you have the down trodden Patriots who will find it more difficult to win without tapes, The Bills and Jets (really?) and Miami, whom Tuna is turning around.

Even the Browns fans aren't impressed.

i said this VERBATIM and got LAUGHED at... i knew i had some backers on this

nort10
04-27-2009, 10:57 PM
also too add... they said they had the best draft this year... Maclin was a good pick but this is what im dealing with...

i need some firepower

Steel-Bryan
04-27-2009, 10:59 PM
also too add... they said they had the best draft this year... Maclin was a good pick but this is what im dealing with...

i need some firepower

Tell them that nobodys had the best draft yet. We gotta wait and see how the rookies react on the field.

xfl2001fan
04-27-2009, 11:00 PM

i need some firepower

There aren't many fans (short for fanatics) who don't believe that their draft was better than everyone elses. A lot of that will stem from ignorance of other teams inner workings/needs/player development. The rest is just pure homerism.

Sounds like your guys are homers and h8rs. There will be no talking sense into them, because they don't appreciate football, they just want to watch their iggles and get drunk (and the iggles will cause them to drink anyways.)

I've got friends (and some family) that are thoroughly convinced that last year was a fluke and that this year, the Browns are going to the Superbowl. Seriously. Those kinds of trolls..err...fans exist on every team.

Shoes
04-27-2009, 11:03 PM

i need some firepower

Give them this for firepower....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RjEcoIwnEww&feature=channel

xfl2001fan
04-27-2009, 11:04 PM
That's just wrong Shoes. She looks like she could be Rosie O'donnel's sister. I'm going to go throw up now.

Shoes
04-27-2009, 11:06 PM
That's just wrong Shoes. She looks like she could be Rosie O'donnel's sister. I'm going to go throw up now.

I was talking about Scarf Knitting :chuckle:

BIGBENFASTWILLIE
04-27-2009, 11:19 PM
born in 87', seen 2 of 6 superbowls... still get ragged on how i wassn't alive for the other 4 so they "don't count"

:blah:

OKAY? How many Superbowls have the eagles won since 87?

tony hipchest
04-27-2009, 11:21 PM
lol oh god, i was the only one in the pizza joint bleeding out my black and gold, and these fools banded against me... they left me there to walk home. They are still my frat bros, but it just makes me discredit philly that much more...:laughing:

I would suggest that you tell your so called friends to put the water bongs down and get a dose of reality

...what he said.

JHSilverback
04-27-2009, 11:46 PM
This is typical philly fan banter...They brag about the Flyers until they lose, then brag about the Sixers until they lose, then brag about the Phillies until they lose, then brag about the Eagles until they lose....then the whole cycle repeats itself...They are soo bad I go to PSU games to see people wearing eagles jerseys for a PSU game seriously wtf?

The Definiti0n
04-27-2009, 11:58 PM
Im from South Jersey. I have to listen to this B.S all the time. I just say one word and they all shut up

CHAMPIONSHIP

LVSteelersfan
04-28-2009, 12:10 AM
Tell them to continue watching "Invincible". It is the only feel good story about the Eagles out there. Of course they did not win a Super Bowl with Vince Papale either, but at least it gives them something to cheer about. Then they can go to their games and boo Santa Claus some more. Their franchise is a joke.

55BaileyFan
04-28-2009, 02:10 AM

I agree...the numbers say it all. They can argue best franchise...How? We have the most well known owner, we have a history that is twice as rich as theirs. If Samuel is so good why has he missed the pro bowl over half the years he's been in the league.

I respect Philly, but they have Stevie Van Buren, Vince Papale, throwing snow balls at Santa and what else? Two Super Bowl loses. We have a dozen HOF players, the Rooneys, and the big 6.

Aussie_steeler
04-28-2009, 03:55 AM
NORT10 - my reply to your mates would be as follows

"Whilst Pittsburgh is polishing their 6 superbowl rings Philli can keep polishing the one and only ring that they have - the one the wipe daily before they flush."

revefsreleets
04-28-2009, 10:00 AM
OK, in their defense:

NFC East is perennially a pretty tough division. There aren't many years that all 4 teams aren't playing at a pretty high level. Snyder effed things up a little by tossing chemistry and teamwork out the window by signing any star at any salary (no matter how ridiculous the $$$ and how overrated the player), but isn't that the Jerry Jones formula anyway? It MIGHT be safe to say that the NFC East is home to more TALENT than any other division...

As for Samual, nonsense. I'd take Ike over him any day.

Best franchise? Well, they do ONE thing right year in and year out. They anticipate the following years FA departures and draft against it as well or better than anyone. Say they have an OL who they know is going to command a HUGE paycheck on the open market at the end of '06. Well, in the '06 draft, they'll sign a 3rd or 4th rounder at that position and let him sit and learn for a year as the heir apparent. THAT is smart football.

But that doesn't make them the best franchise.

SteelCurtain7
04-28-2009, 05:43 PM

... please enlighten

Iggles, masters of absolutely nothing. They--and their fan base--are EPIC FAIL. :rofl:

SteelCurtain7
04-28-2009, 05:44 PM
Tell them to continue watching "Invincible". It is the only feel good story about the Eagles out there. Of course they did not win a Super Bowl with Vince Papale either, but at least it gives them something to cheer about. Then they can go to their games and boo Santa Claus some more. Their franchise is a joke.

Jolly Ol' Nick has paid em back in spades..."You've been baaaaaad, Filthadelphia--no super bowl wins for you!" :tt:

devilsdancefloor
04-28-2009, 06:08 PM
i miss jr. high....

i know you are but what am i!

i know you are but what am i!:wink02:

KeiselPower99
04-28-2009, 07:56 PM
My buddy is a Eagles fan and Whenever he tries this stuff I always look at him and remind him his qb threw up in a SB and ours even with headbutting a windshield still has 2 rings.

BIGBENFASTWILLIE
04-28-2009, 11:05 PM
Eagles:rofl:

nort10
12-12-2010, 04:25 AM
bump...guess who are back with their typical banter... read the OP for anyone who didn't see this thread awhile back.