PDA

View Full Version : I have some conflicted feelings

Mags87
04-28-2009, 03:14 PM
yesterday, the running back from my University that i have been watching play for 3 years got invited to play for an NFL team! but its the Seahawks.... what do i do!?!?

ShutDown24
04-28-2009, 03:27 PM
You mean he was offered an UDFA contract? Where do you attend school?

xfl2001fan
04-28-2009, 03:29 PM
yesterday, the running back from my University that i have been watching play for 3 years got invited to play for an NFL team! but its the Seahawks.... what do i do!?!?

I loved watching Owen Schmitt in college...but now he plays for the Seachickens.

I hope he has a great performance...and that the rest of the team sucks.

Go with that philosophy. Who is the player?

steelreserve
04-28-2009, 05:18 PM

Just convince yourself the guy is a jerk because he was sleeping with your girlfriend behind your back. It's probably true.

55BaileyFan
04-28-2009, 05:54 PM
Just convince yourself the guy is a jerk because he was sleeping with your girlfriend behind your back. It's probably true.

That's good. I'll do that with Jerious Norwood.

RoethlisBURGHer
04-28-2009, 06:04 PM
Root for the player to do well and for the team to suck.

That's what I do when one of my Buckeyes go to a team I hate.

When Brian Robiske got drafted by the Clowns in the second round Saturday...I hoped that he has a great rookie year (except for against Pittsburgh), but that the rest of the team sucked.

Mags87
04-28-2009, 10:45 PM
lol sorry i forgot about the thread after my job interview :D I got to school at North Dakota State, and his name is Tyler Roehl. we arent too big (FCS) but we've been getting some media attention. heres some highlights from when we beat the Minnesota Gophers last year:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-GNk8EDKFCw

prolly his best single game performance

edit: cant remember how to embed the videos

xfl2001fan
04-28-2009, 10:46 PM
Youtube link isn't working bud.

fansince'76
04-29-2009, 09:12 AM
IMO, if he's a friend of yours, you should support him. It's a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity for him. Besides, I hold no ill will toward the Seahawks as a team outside of Hasselbitch and the Walrus, and the Walrus is no longer their HC - it's their idiot crybaby fanbase I have the problem with.

HometownGal
04-29-2009, 09:46 AM
IMO, if he's a friend of yours, you should support him. It's a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity for him. Besides, I hold no ill will toward the Seahawks as a team outside of Hasselbitch and the Walrus, and the Walrus is no longer their HC - it's their idiot crybaby fanbase I have the problem with.

Bingo. What he said. ^^^^^

Nothing wrong with supporting your friend as a Waaahawk but remaining true to the Steelers.

Fire Haley
04-30-2009, 10:32 AM
You can support him by wearing your new SB Champion hat, it has the Seahawks colors.

Dino 6 Rings
04-30-2009, 11:27 AM
You support him and his individual performance but don't root for his team to win any games that have a negative effect on our Steelers.

I used to root for Curtis Martin because he was a PITT Guy and nearly died when Fitzgerald, also from PITT got that TD against us in the SB. I'm so happy that a Panther almost broke my heart but a Buckeye saved the day.

Fitz had a great game, his team lost, I'm ok with it.