PDA

View Full Version : Dwight Freeney, a bit too confident?

Sharkissle29
01-10-2006, 05:56 PM
just saw him on PTI, and he seems EXTREMELY confident about the game this week. wilbon made a point later on when they were talking about the steelers that they might be a bit over-confident. i hope thats the case, and i hope he realizes this Sunday how confident he really should have been...

GO STEELERS!!!

tony hipchest
01-10-2006, 05:59 PM
i saw this but he seemed confident just like a steeler would be. he said all the right things and seemed focused on the task at hand. i wish i could take something bad away from this interview but he is gonna show up and be fine. steelers just need to follow suit and keep their mouths shut leading up to the game and go out and play ball. this game wont be won through the media or verbal jabs. at this point the colts have every reason to be confident, as do we :)

SteelerDan43
01-10-2006, 06:49 PM
I seem to remeber a certain playoff game a few years ago, 95 to be exact where a certain team who was a double digit underdog that almost beat the Steelers..... Oh ya! It was the Colts!!!!!!!! Let them be over confident, they of anyone should know what can happen when your over confident and let a team sneak up on you. Especially in the playoffs.... :helmet:

Koopa
01-10-2006, 08:05 PM
well every interview i've seen freeny in the past couple of years he looks and acts the same way as he did today. i don't think they are takin us lightly (i hope they do) we gonna have to play a near perfect game if we want to win. i hope everyone is up for it

Suitanim
01-10-2006, 08:40 PM
Didn't Smith only play like one series in this game? I think Freeney may find that he has a little tougher go of it against a seasoned pro-bowler than he did against a rookie project...

tony hipchest
01-10-2006, 08:47 PM
Didn't Smith only play like one series in this game? I think Freeney may find that he has a little tougher go of it against a seasoned pro-bowler than he did against a rookie project... freeney abused j. ogden (who proceded to get abused the rest of the season) and did a pretty good job against o. pace. i dont think he has an overconfidence issue. i also dont think he cares if hes going against smith or me and you. he will show up to play regardless of who hes going against. i do wish i knew how he did against walter jones in seattle a few weeks back. im not sure if he even played.

Sharkissle29
01-10-2006, 11:01 PM
i saw this but he seemed confident just like a steeler would be. he said all the right things and seemed focused on the task at hand. i wish i could take something bad away from this interview but he is gonna show up and be fine. steelers just need to follow suit and keep their mouths shut leading up to the game and go out and play ball. this game wont be won through the media or verbal jabs. at this point the colts have every reason to be confident, as do we :)
i dunno, some of the comments were borderline arrogant...but i guess we'll have to see...

Suitanim
01-10-2006, 11:06 PM
Pace and Ogden are kind of done...they get away with holding in the same way Georgetown University is still considered a top academic school (by reputation and proximity only). I watched Joey Porter drop into coverage for the entire first half last week, that watched him play about his best half of football I've seen him ever play in the second half...he was explosive and playing sound football. He was also held on almost every down.

Brady12
01-10-2006, 11:10 PM
Whats wrong with being confident? It's better than feeling unsure.

shevdog
01-10-2006, 11:14 PM
I seem to remeber a certain playoff game a few years ago, 95 to be exact where a certain team who was a double digit underdog that almost beat the Steelers..... Oh ya! It was the Colts!!!!!!!! Let them be over confident, they of anyone should know what can happen when your over confident and let a team sneak up on you. Especially in the playoffs.... :helmet:

Good point. I agree that for the Colts, over-confident is going is to send them home early.

tony hipchest
01-10-2006, 11:16 PM

i agree. i like freeney. just not this week.

Brady12
01-10-2006, 11:17 PM

But they didn't.

Sharkissle29
01-10-2006, 11:23 PM
theirs nothing wrong with being confident, but being over-confident can mean you might be over-looking your opponent :bouncy:

workhorse
01-11-2006, 12:38 AM
i dunno, some of the comments were borderline arrogant...but i guess we'll have to see...

Doesn't Joey Porter seem ****y and arrogant in a lot?

workhorse
01-11-2006, 12:39 AM
I can't say c o c k y?

BlitzburghRockCity
01-11-2006, 12:41 AM
Bring on Freeney, Marvel and company will be ready for him !

Prosdo
01-11-2006, 12:44 AM
I can't say c o c k y?

Unfortunately the swear filter picks that up for some reason.

tony hipchest
01-11-2006, 11:17 AM

ive seen sites where the filter picks up on "a c h i n k in their armor"

porter is definitely arrogant as is alot of the steelers defensive players past and present. i wouldnt want it any other way. i saw the freeney interview and thought it was all good.

SteelerDan43
01-11-2006, 11:24 AM
But they didn't.

they were literally inches away on the last play from winning the game. Yes they didnt win but they had every oppertunity. They had a shot thats what i'm saying. And lets face it they should have won the game. Willie Williams was the luckest player ever to get the RB by the shoe laces. He had nothing but green and a super bowl ahead of him... :helmet:

Sharkissle29
01-11-2006, 04:29 PM
porter isnt arrogant when hes being interviewed, hes just a hot head on the field

clevestinks
01-11-2006, 06:08 PM
Freeney may be over confident I agree. He just had a skirk about him.

But we need extra motivation, so we can use thier over confidence.

They are the best Offensive team in the league.
They are at home.
They are expected to win it all.
they have Dungy`s tragedy to fuel thier fire!

But we will win by 6

Suitanim
01-11-2006, 07:12 PM
Freeney may be over confident I agree. He just had a skirk about him.

But we need extra motivation, so we can use thier over confidence.

They are the best Offensive team in the league.
They are at home.
They are expected to win it all.
they have Dungy`s tragedy to fuel thier fire!

But we will win by 6
Bold move! Bravo!

workhorse
01-12-2006, 01:57 AM
Nothing Freeney did or said comes close to Porter's spouting off in the paper.

IndyMatt
01-12-2006, 11:52 AM
How in your right mind would you think the Colts are overlooking this game? For the last month or so, all they have worked on was preparing for this game. It has been a season long motto: "One game at a time." This game is no different from any other game they have played this year.

Same preparation, same routine, same outcome.

On the topic of overly confident. . .Big Ben sure expressed his confidence in the Steelers. "We have to bring our A+ game to beat their B- game." WOW. . .I'm truely inspired by his faith and confidence in his team.

Good Luck

Sharkissle29
01-12-2006, 04:17 PM
How in your right mind would you think the Colts are overlooking this game? For the last month or so, all they have worked on was preparing for this game. It has been a season long motto: "One game at a time." This game is no different from any other game they have played this year.

Same preparation, same routine, same outcome.

On the topic of overly confident. . .Big Ben sure expressed his confidence in the Steelers. "We have to bring our A+ game to beat their B- game." WOW. . .I'm truely inspired by his faith and confidence in his team.

Good Luck
It's what he's supposed to say, im pretty sure he doesnt believe it :dang: . porter wasn't being ****y, he was speaking the truth. and he is 100% right, colts arnt physical enough to match up against us. we can compare.....
Hines Ward over Marvin Harrison....
Big Ben over Manning....
Bettis over James
Porter over any linebacker..
polamalu over whoever you have..im to ignorant to know his name

all of the above are physical matchups and who would win. am i wrong on any of them? inope.....

IndyMatt
01-12-2006, 04:28 PM
porter wasn't being ****y, he was speaking the truth. and he is 100% right, colts arnt physical enough to match up against us. we can compare.....
Hines Ward over Marvin Harrison....
Big Ben over Manning....
Bettis over James
Porter over any linebacker..
polamalu over whoever you have..im to ignorant to know his name

all of the above are physical matchups and who would win. am i wrong on any of them? inope.....

Is strength the only thing that wins football games? Last I checked it took some skill, so let's compare:

Marvin >> Ward

Manning >>>> Ben

James >> Bettis

Colts LB's = Pit LB's

Sanders < Polamalu

All of the above are skilll matchups and who would win. Am I wrong on any of them? Nope

Sharkissle29
01-12-2006, 05:45 PM
Is strength the only thing that wins football games? Last I checked it took some skill, so let's compare:

Marvin >> Ward

Manning >>>> Ben

James >> Bettis

Colts LB's = Pit LB's

Sanders < Polamalu

All of the above are skilll matchups and who would win. Am I wrong on any of them? Nope
you make me chuckle, most indy fans do. Hines Ward...if he played on a team like the colts that are all air, i can guarantee you his numbers would have been higher than marvins, for god sakes peyton makes stokley look good. are you saying you rather take marvin over ward? plzzzzzz ward is an all around player, something harrison isnt.

ill give you manning, but if you saw the post that compared these 2 stats against the teams they've faced...they're closer than you would think. plus, we all know peyton chokes in the playoffs, so maybe ben is closer than we all think. dont give me that last year bs, he was a rookie...but still managed to win.

james over bettis? dont think so...jb is a future hall of famer, and whether you like it or not, when he gets his carries he still runs like one.

pitts LB are better...im not even arguing that point, that cato guy is good...but all around our LB's are much more athletic

you guess the troy one right, but i will say sanders isnt too bad...