PDA

View Full Version : Heath Miller Contract

steel9guy
04-28-2009, 09:55 PM
I know that theres probibly already been talk on here about this but I just got on for the frist time in a while and I was wandering if anyone thinks we will be able to sign Heath Miller before next year???

and btw last week I wore my Steelers stuff to a baltimore orioles game and I got booed.:tt:

BIGBENFASTWILLIE
04-28-2009, 09:57 PM
I hope he will be the next one to sign an extension

Steelman16
04-28-2009, 10:06 PM
There might be a very slight opportunity with the possibility of Foote being released, but I wouldn't count on it.

After we get our rookies signed, and there's some cap room left, we might offer an extension.

I HOPE we extend/resign him, but we're pretty tight right now.

But if we extend anybody, he'll be the one.

ShutDown24
04-28-2009, 10:19 PM
Honestly, I feel Heath should have gotten an extension before Hines at this stage in both of their careers.

OX1947
04-29-2009, 12:24 AM
If they do not resign him this year, he will be franchised so i am not worried.

tony hipchest
04-29-2009, 12:52 AM
look at c. cooleys deal.... 5 yr/30 mil.

heath will get a few extra mil. in his signing bonus.

but if you are heath, or troy, harrison, porter, foote, or ward, you better be willing to take a slightly less contract for the immediate payraise, or find your way out the door.

skepticsightsten
04-29-2009, 01:20 AM
Miller will either get an extension or be franchised as OX said. He deserves the extension as much as anyone. He adds such a threat on his delayed routes and catching ability. Pretty insane...

jev7452
04-29-2009, 01:28 AM
absolutely love heeaaattttthhhhh and he definitely deserves the extension.. think he wants to remain a steeler, at least for awhile, and dont see him as being one to complain about salary or anything

steeltheone
04-29-2009, 01:56 AM
First things first....Lets remind Arians he can use HM more than 5 times a game.

Galax Steeler
04-29-2009, 03:38 AM
I think we will find room to resign him. Heath brings so much to the team and seems to find a way to get open when Ben is in trouble.

srk173
04-29-2009, 05:42 AM
Most importantly, if the CBA does not go through, he is a restricted free agent next year.:wink02:

OneForTheToe
04-29-2009, 11:00 AM
Most importantly, if the CBA does not go through, he is a restricted free agent next year.:wink02:

Exactly what I was thinking.

Steely McSmash
04-29-2009, 11:14 AM
Honestly, I feel Heath should have gotten an extension before Hines at this stage in both of their careers.

The Hines extension was in part to free up cap room. Hines is taking a discount.

I don't forsee any Heath Miller discount.

steelreserve
04-29-2009, 11:20 AM

So is Holmes, I believe. So that's a little relief. But on the other hand, it'd be nice to know we had those guys for longer than a one-year RFA deal, which is why we'd try to extend them anyway like we did with Ike.

Plus, if we keep either of them with a one-year contract, the price of a long-term deal probably just goes up even more the next year.

Looks to me like we've got a clear-cut solution to re-sign both of them next offseason: CUT STARKS. Come on, Hills, what's taking you so long?

Busforever
04-29-2009, 01:05 PM
We HAVE to keep Miller. To me he is the best tight end in the NFL, because he is excellent in both sides of offense. He is a real threat in the passing game, and in the ground game i think he is just our best blocker. I wouldn't trade the humble and total package Heath Miller against any Antonio Gates, Cooley; TG or anyone.

St33lersguy
04-29-2009, 01:55 PM
They must resign his contract before free agency, they can't allow him to sign elsewhere

bigjamesharrison2
04-29-2009, 05:47 PM
Heath needs to be resigned NOW. He is by far one of the better Tight Ends in the League right now. From what I know, he wants to stay a steeler, and would probably take a minor pay cut to stay with us.

Psyychoward86
04-29-2009, 06:13 PM
Im not worried. The FO wont let a priority like Heath get away from us. No character issues, and simply the best blocking tight end, and still an excellent road grater. Hines' extension opens up some more cap space, and we might get more if Foote is cut, not that i want him leaving. Plus, we got 2 franchise tags next year as a safety net. Things dont sound so bad at all.

Steel-Bryan
04-29-2009, 09:20 PM
I know that theres probibly already been talk on here about this but I just got on for the frist time in a while and I was wandering if anyone thinks we will be able to sign Heath Miller before next year???

and btw last week I wore my Steelers stuff to a baltimore orioles game and I got booed.:tt:

:tt03: :tt03: :tt03: :tt03: :tt03: :tt03:

Steel Head
04-29-2009, 09:54 PM

that's awesome bro, i also do similar things as i live in Baltimore (Federal Hill near the stadium)

a few years ago, i was sitting on my porch smoking on a Sunday and some dude walked up and gave me free tickets to the Ravens game. They were playing the Bengals so I showed up at halftime wearing my Big Ben jersey LOL

ShutDown24
04-29-2009, 10:34 PM
The Hines extension was in part to free up cap room. Hines is taking a discount.

I don't forsee any Heath Miller discount.

That's all well and good, but a contract extension is a contract extension. I wasn't saying we should not have re-signed Hines; for all intents and purposes it was a smart move. I'm saying I believe Heath will prove to be a more valuable player over the next few years which would warrant him deserving an extension more than Hines; not instead of or before.

madtowndrunkard
04-29-2009, 10:42 PM
No one is getting an extension until the FO figures out what to do with Starks. They have to extend him to free up cap space.

How ridiculously funny is it that Max Starks has been one of the highest paid OT's in the NFL the last two years? How is that possible?

I'm thinking Starks had to of caught Colbert w/ another women or something.

tony hipchest
07-29-2009, 10:02 PM
look at c. cooleys deal.... 5 yr/30 mil.

heath will get a few extra mil. in his signing bonus.

but if you are heath, or troy, harrison, porter, foote, or ward, you better be willing to take a slightly less contract for the immediate payraise, or find your way out the door.

pretty close. cooley got about 2 million more up front, but miller will make about a million more a year for the duration of the contract.

heath got a hell of a deal. he gots da rooneys spending money like dan snyder! :tt03:

steelballs
07-30-2009, 06:16 AM

Of course you got booed in ratland, the rat faithful know of no other way to respond to greatness other than to be simple. Believe me, I know, I've lived amongst these cretons for the last 25 years.

Born and raised in trhe burg' but left in the mid 80's for employment reasons. I've had (4) season tickets since the 70's and make every home game at Heinz Field. I proudly wear the black & gold to their utter disgust.....sweet!

The best was last year as we not only swept the season, but clinched the AFC North title on their turf, then squashed any hopes of post season grandeur in the Conference championship.

Then... to top it all off, the Steelers win the Lombardi and the Pens win the Cup....how sweet is that?!!!

HometownGal
07-30-2009, 06:47 AM
pretty close. cooley got about 2 million more up front, but miller will make about a million more a year for the duration of the contract.

heath got a hell of a deal. he gots da rooneys spending money like dan snyder! :tt03:

Tony - you da man! :drink: I think I'm going to take you to Vegas with me the next time I go. :thumbsup:

As Heath has signed a 6 year deal and there is another thread on this topic, time to say goodnight to this thread.