PDA

View Full Version : Draft Poll

sherlock
04-29-2009, 03:20 AM
I was wondering if it would be possible to start a poll as to whom the SF nation think will be the best pick in this years draft.
I love this forum and think of the contributors to SF as my teachers in all things Steelers and NFL.
Is my faith misguided or would this poll justify my belief in you guys and gals....ha!

mulldog24
04-29-2009, 08:03 AM
It could be Urbik because I think he will earn a starting job on the O-line and help with the run game!!!:tt03:

billybob
04-29-2009, 08:33 AM
I have to go with " Frank the Tank " to make the most immediate contribution , because of our inability in short yardage areas last season especialy in goal line situations . I know some would put that blame on the o-line as well . But i think " Tank " will not be tentative when it comes to plowing into the line.

El-Gonzo Jackson
04-29-2009, 08:38 AM
It could be Urbik because I think he will earn a starting job on the O-line and help with the run game!!!:tt03:

I agree. Urbik could very well be the starting RG on opening day.

Then, I think everybody will be impressed with Ziggy Hood possibly seeing some situational playing time this year and probably starting in 2010.......but I think the Steeler nation will be pleasantly surprised with Keenan Lewis. He is the "shut down cornerback" that many here have pleaded to get for years.

This was such a solid draft compared to last year where I think the 1st 4 picks (Hood, Urbik, Lewis, Wallace) will contribute more than last years top 4 (Mendenhall, Sweed, Davis, Hills)

Steely McSmash
04-29-2009, 11:39 AM
Next year I'd say Urbik has the most impact. A few years down the road Wallace or Hood could be the guy.

steelreserve
04-29-2009, 12:14 PM
Best pick for this coming year? Definitely Frank the Tank. Our power running game absolutely sucked.

Urbik might contribute too, if he can beat out Stapleton and Essex. But I don't think he's a shoo-in as a starter.

Two or three years from now, we'll probably be happiest to have Hood, or one of the corners.

lamberts-lost-tooth
04-29-2009, 02:37 PM
I am going to have to go with Urbik due to team need....I think he may end up being more versatile than Colon, and CERTAINLY has a better anchor than Stapleton.

In regards to Summers...He may not only make us forget Russell but may force Davis off the roster. Summers may also turn out to be a special teams contributor.

bigjamesharrison2
04-29-2009, 05:33 PM
I think that Frank Summers will have the biggest effect this year, but in the long run, Urbik will provide some help to our o-line and Hood will give some youth to our aging d-line.