PDA

View Full Version : Pens / Caps

Pages : 1 [2] 3 4

RunWillieRun
05-06-2009, 07:41 PM
Need to make them pay on this PP.

I'm quite disgusted at how well their goalie is playing.

This series is 2-0 Pittsburgh if the caps didn't get lucky with him.

HometownGal
05-06-2009, 07:53 PM
Need to make them pay on this PP.

I'm quite disgusted at how well their goalie is playing.

This series is 2-0 Pittsburgh if the caps didn't get lucky with him.

Varlamov has been outstanding in this series. The Pens definitely win Game #1 if it weren't for his stellar play.

Caps only have 12 SOG through 2 periods. They are keeping the puck away from the caveman for the most part and are playing Gill and Scuds against his line which has been a great move. :drink:

Fasten your seat belts - it's going to be one helluva ride in the 3rd!

LETS GO PENS!!!!:applaudit::tt03:

Steel Head
05-06-2009, 08:00 PM
Letang squandering golden opportunities again :banging:

Steel Head
05-06-2009, 08:04 PM
another PP

come on!!!!!!

HometownGal
HA HA!!! The asshole took a penalty!!! Time to ram it up their arses!

SteelCityMan786
HA HA!!! The asshole took a penalty!!! Time to ram it up their arses!

AMEN TO THAT!!

Come on PP, YOU KNOW WHAT TO DO!!!

RunWillieRun
05-06-2009, 08:14 PM
I've never seen so many missed opportunities in a game....ever.

Pressure and chances mean nothing if the puck doesn't hit twine.

Pittsburghfan
05-06-2009, 08:15 PM
I heard Renegade just play at the pens game! Could it be a city wide song?

anyway, great game so far.

Steel Head
05-06-2009, 08:18 PM
this game is making me sick to my stomach

Guerin just had a wide open gaping net and couldnt bury it

Malkin playing like a beast out there

Steel Head
05-06-2009, 08:22 PM
6 str8 power plays for the Pens

FINISH IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Steel Head
05-06-2009, 08:23 PM
GENO MUDDA FUGGING MALKIN IN DA HOUSE

SteelCityMan786
05-06-2009, 08:25 PM
YEAH GENO!!!!!!!

Edman
05-06-2009, 08:27 PM
Interference on Talbot?

Steel Head
05-06-2009, 08:28 PM
Ovechkin leaving his feet again on a hit, what a fag

now a gift PP for the CAps

SteelCityMan786
DID I JUST SEE WHAT I THOUGHT I SAW!?!?!? NICE JOB KUNITZ!!!

WHAT THE HELL WAS THAT PENALTY?!?!?

HometownGal
WTF?????? Looks like the refs are playing even-up.

C'mon PK - do your job!

HometownGal
05-06-2009, 08:29 PM
Watch for Varlomov to come out of the net for a 6 on 4.

SteelCityMan786
05-06-2009, 08:30 PM
WTF?????? Looks like the refs are playing even-up.

C'mon PK - do your job!

Gift Goals. Both of em.

HometownGal
05-06-2009, 08:31 PM
G DAMN IT!!!!! :mad::mad::mad:

Thank you asshole refs.

Steel Head
05-06-2009, 08:32 PM
this is gay

HometownGal
05-06-2009, 08:34 PM
What sucks is that the Pens have played their :heart:s out tonight. Hell - even the douchebag on Versus though that penalty was on the Craps.

We're going to OT and I'm keeping that faith!

Steel Head
05-06-2009, 08:35 PM
Geno looked hurt :(

Steel Head
05-06-2009, 08:38 PM
Varlamov: 32 saves

Fleury: 16 saves

:banging:

RunWillieRun
05-06-2009, 08:41 PM
Thanks, Refs....your bullshit even-up call screwed the Pens.

Fleury is not exactly looking good tonight. He should have been hugging that post.

SteelCityMan786
05-06-2009, 08:44 PM
G DAMN IT!!!!! :mad::mad::mad:

Thank you asshole refs.

Gonna have to act like it never happened.

Edman
05-06-2009, 08:51 PM
The Pens have played their hearts out throughout this series, but it's obvious it's going to take more than that to beat Washington.

Steel Head
05-06-2009, 08:53 PM
PP

gotta end it

HometownGal
05-06-2009, 08:53 PM
OMG - off the crossbar!!!!! :banging::banging:

Pens PP coming up!!! Let's end this thing NOW!!!! :hope:

Steel Head
05-06-2009, 08:54 PM
FUGGING LETANG FUGGING SUCKS

HometownGal
05-06-2009, 08:54 PM
DAMN LETANG!!!!!

Steel Head
05-06-2009, 08:55 PM
LETANG NEEDS TO GET OFF THE POWER PLAY RIGHT FUGGING NOW

RunWillieRun
05-06-2009, 08:56 PM
Letan needs benched

HometownGal
05-06-2009, 08:59 PM
Pens totally outplaying the Craps thus far in the OT. Gotta keep firing on Varlamov. :hope:

HometownGal
05-06-2009, 09:00 PM
Letan needs benched

He's not played well tonight, but he hurt his hand in Game #2. I was hoping to see Boucher tonight.

This game is going to give me a heart attack.

SteelCityMan786
05-06-2009, 09:07 PM
He's not played well tonight, but he hurt his hand in Game #2. I was hoping to see Boucher tonight.

41 Shots so far on him tonight.

HometownGal
05-06-2009, 09:08 PM
OMFG!!!! GAME WINNING GOAL BY NONE OTHER THAN . . ..

KRIS LETANG!!!!! Great shot!!!

pittsburghp8baller

he has played pretty good in the defensive zone, which i would rather see. i like letang and all but if he isnt 100% i dont think he should be playing. im confident enough in Boucher to let Letang sit if he isnt 100%.

This is why i love Hockey so much, watching games like this. most people say hockey doesnt translate to TV, HA

btw- LETANG BABY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

RunWillieRun
Letan needs benched

I take this back.

WOOOOOOOO

Crushzilla
Do we all love Letang now? :sofunny:

Steel Head
05-06-2009, 09:09 PM
Letang:

"Just when we thought you couldn't get any worse, you go and do somethin like that.............................AND TOTALLY REDEEM YOURSELF"

HometownGal
05-06-2009, 09:09 PM
What a GREAT performance by our Pens!!!! We're back in the hunt baby!!! :banana: :drink:

pittsburghp8baller
05-06-2009, 09:10 PM
Do we all love Letang now? :sofunny:

every1 is going back to edit there post.

Steel Head
05-06-2009, 09:13 PM
btw, Malkin was better than Ovechkin and Crosby combined tonight

tony hipchest
05-06-2009, 09:14 PM
*PING*

the most beautiful sound in hockey and they didnt even replay it.

and the shot was a riccochet. did anyone see it clearly? was it off his arm or redirected by his stick?

pittsburghp8baller
05-06-2009, 09:15 PM

Malkin was def the best player on the ice for sure, def an amazing game by Malkin

HometownGal
05-06-2009, 09:15 PM
Can't resist . . .

Separated at birth:

http://blog.pennlive.com/patriotnewssports/2008/09/medium_boudreau.jpg

AND

http://www.geocities.com/groeswenphil/Fester/fester2.jpg

:laughing: :laughing:

pittsburghp8baller
05-06-2009, 09:16 PM
*PING*

and the shot was a riccochet. did anyone see it clearly? was it off his arm or redirected by his stick?

i thought it hit a Capital player, so there would be no need to review it

HometownGal
05-06-2009, 09:16 PM
every1 is going back to edit there post.

Nahhhh. He really wasn't playing up to snuff tonight but he did what he had to do when it mattered the most. :applaudit::hatsoff:

SteelersinCA
05-06-2009, 09:17 PM
Can we get Malkin and Crosby to play like Lemieux on the same night please?

Steel Head
05-06-2009, 09:18 PM
*PING*

it hit off one of the Caps D-men.....Green maybe?

i only saw it once

pittsburghp8baller
05-06-2009, 09:18 PM
Nahhhh. He really wasn't playing up to snuff tonight but he did what he had to do when it mattered the most. :applaudit::hatsoff:

yea i was kidding, he def didnt have his best game in the offensive zone, i still think he played good in his zone and i would always rather have a defenseman have a better game in his own zone then the offensive one.

Its not how you start, but how you finish and Letang finished as well as you could

pittsburghp8baller
05-06-2009, 09:20 PM
Canes just won in overtime and are now up 2-1 on the Bruins

Pittsburghfan
05-06-2009, 09:21 PM
I hope the Ducks beat the Red Wings, sorry kind of off topic. Wow what a game by our boys!

pittsburghp8baller
05-06-2009, 09:23 PM
I hope the Ducks beat the Red Wings, sorry kind of off topic. Wow what a game by our boys!

im sure everyone hear dont mind talking about the Red Wings losing, that has been a great series so far. All games have been one-goal games. Really fun to watch

SteelCityMan786
05-06-2009, 09:26 PM
WAY TO GO KRIS!!!!!

You Letang Doubters were saying??? :sofunny::sofunny::sofunny:

Steel Head
05-06-2009, 09:27 PM

He blew atleast half a dozen golden chances on the power play

he owed it to the team to score that 1 in ot

RunWillieRun
05-06-2009, 09:28 PM
I'm pretty sure my house shook I yelled so loud when I saw that puck met the twine.

LET'S GO PENS!!!

SteelCityMan786
05-06-2009, 09:28 PM
He blew atleast half a dozen golden chances on the power play

he owed it to the team to score that 1 in ot

Who cares? Great Players make up for dumb mistakes.

HometownGal
05-06-2009, 09:41 PM
WAY TO GO KRIS!!!!!

Matt - you have to admit that he wasn't the Kris Letang tonight that we're used to seeing UP TO scoring that goal which made up for his less than stellar play tonight on the PP. He made it count when it mattered the most, though, so I give that young man huge props! :hatsoff:

Ooooooo - can't wait til Friday night's game! :tt03:

Amazing isn't it that when they kept the biscuit away from the caveman the Craps really didn't have much else. :thumbsup: I felt bad about Fedorov's injury, though - he's one of the few Caps I like and respect.

HometownGal
05-06-2009, 09:42 PM
Night all! Great sharing the game with you guys and hope you're all here Friday night! :hug:

LETS GOOOOOO PENS!

SteelCityMan786
05-06-2009, 09:56 PM
Matt - you have to admit that he wasn't the Kris Letang tonight that we're used to seeing UP TO scoring that goal which made up for his less than stellar play tonight on the PP. He made it count when it mattered the most, though, so I give that young man huge props! :hatsoff:

Amazing isn't it that when they kept the biscuit away from the caveman the Craps really didn't have much else. :thumbsup: I felt bad about Fedorov's injury, though - he's one of the few Caps I like and respect.

True, but credit where credit is due. Letang showed that he is willing to overcome negativity to do something great.

KeiselPower99
05-06-2009, 10:02 PM
Exciting game tonight. Glad to see our boys pull it out.

Steel Head
05-06-2009, 10:03 PM
True, but credit where credit is due. Letang showed that he is willing to overcome negativity to do something great.

you did see the Caps D-man deflected the goal in right?

Crushzilla
05-06-2009, 10:16 PM
you did see the Caps D-man deflected the goal in right?

Yes, but I'll never slam a guy for putting the puck on the net. Especially when there is traffic in front.

http://kissingsuzykolber.uproxx.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/05/animated_siren.gif

Is Marmalade as good as I'm seeing?

The only way tonight's win would have been better is if they broke the young keep's spirit. Marmalade was solid. I'd love to see a decisive and total victory in game 4, but I just don't think it's going to happen against this team.

Steel Head
05-06-2009, 11:25 PM
Ovechkin and the Caps fag coach are whining about the refs after the game

F em both

X-Terminator
05-06-2009, 11:48 PM
I listened to the OT on my P2's radio on the way to work, and just a few minutes before Letang scored that goal, Mike Lange said that even though Letang had a tough night, he might be the guy who gets the game-winner, because that's how it goes sometimes in the playoffs. And lo and behold...Letang got it! :tt03:

Huge, huge win for the Pens, when it looked like the Caps may pull it out after being outplayed all night. If it wasn't for Varlamov again, the Pens win this game going away. This kid has been absolutely amazing. And Geno...wow. What a show he put on tonight. That's the Geno we've all been missing - when he's on, he can take over a game like Mario used to. It was nice to see him rewarded with a goal for all of his effort, and he also got the #1 star of the game.

The Pens pretty much owned the Craps all night - they outshot them 42-23, outhit them 44-31, beat them to loose pucks, won battles along the wall, everything you want them to do. The best stat of all - despite Captain Caveman's gift goal and 2nd assist on Backstrom's goal, he was held to just 5 shots on goal and didn't have much room at all. Great job by the D of limiting his chances and having someone in his face almost every time he touched the puck.

Special props to Tank - solid effort tonight. 8 hits,3 shots, a goal and was all over the ice.

The PP and PK...both units need to improve. Too many missed chances and sometimes sloppy play by the PP unit, and the PK hasn't gotten the job done when it has mattered - twice now they've allowed PPGs at critical moments in the game. Hopefully, these get addressed.

On to Friday night, and hopefully the boys will be just as ready to play as they were tonight. I'll be home watching with beer in hand, you can bet on that! :tt03:

X-Terminator
05-07-2009, 12:00 AM

F em both

And this surprises you? If they don't like being called for penalties, then here's a clue for them...don't take them. Don't blame the refs for your loss, blame the fact that your team got their asses kicked all over the ice, and had it not been for Varlamov, you'd have gotten your asses kicked on the scoreboard too.

Bitches.

OneForTheToe
05-07-2009, 12:25 AM
Great game. The OT was awesome, although maybe shouldn't have been neccessary. Still, my heart was skipping beat after beat.

Way to go Geno. I was bitching about Letang at work just like the rest of you. Kudos to Fleury as well. He may not have flashed his usual playoff sharpness the last few games. However, I'll credit him for hanging in there. A lesser goalie might have been rattled after he let in the tying goal.

Now game four would be a good time for Fleury to have one of his stoic games and for Varlamov to have a poor one.:thmbup:

Fire Haley
05-07-2009, 12:42 AM
Varlamov is a god.

To play that well and lose would've been sickening.

Now gotta turn around and do it again on Fri - then Sat.

Galax Steeler
05-07-2009, 04:23 AM
Good game Pens.

stlrtruck
05-07-2009, 06:16 AM
Malkin was def the best player on the ice for sure, def an amazing game by Malkin

Malkin put this one on his own shoulders. I guess watching Crosby do it the first two games he figured it was time he showed up to help out.

Can we get Malkin and Crosby to play like Lemieux on the same night please? Good Lord what are you trying to do? Can you imagine the devastation that would take place. It would be a score fest.

Who cares? Great Players make up for dumb mistakes. However, in hockey it takes one dumb mistake to change a game forever. Look at Fleury's knucklehead play in the first minute. How do you lose your stick and mis-play the puck.

you did see the Caps D-man deflected the goal in right? I'll take the lucky bounce every game. It worked well for the caps the first two games and now they get a taste of it.

F em both

Stop crying. Ovarian and his coach can go suck it. Were the Pens making excuses after games 1 and 2. NO! Sit down, shut up, and play hockey!

Good game Pens.

Definitely a great game. This was the game I expected to see in games 1 and 2. Good for-checking, hussle to the puck, aggressiveness and annoying Ovarian every time he touches the puck.

I expect to see this style of play in Game 4 Friday night.

trauben
05-07-2009, 07:04 AM
First off, because of circumstances beyond my control, I didn't get to see this game last night. I didn't get to see any coverage on TV last night or this morning either. I was in the car at one point and heard the last 3 minutes of regulation and heard the Caps tie us. I thought, "OH NO!" Then I was out of the car and didn't hear the OT results.

Talk about frustrating! :banging:

After hearing on the radio this morning on my drive into work, I was relieved to hear we won! Reading all of your replies and the Pens site and Pittsburgh news sites this morning makes me regret missing this one!

Anyway.................
And Geno...wow. What a show he put on tonight. That's the Geno we've all been missing - when he's on, he can take over a game like Mario used to. It was nice to see him rewarded with a goal for all of his effort, and he also got the #1 star of the game.
I heard the crowd kept chanting Malkin's name! It sounds like they helped to pump him up! I am so glad to hear this. I don't want mental games in his head and this was huge for him! I'm glad he had a great game!

I listened to the OT on my P2's radio on the way to work, and just a few minutes before Letang scored that goal, Mike Lange said that even though Letang had a tough night, he might be the guy who gets the game-winner, because that's how it goes sometimes in the playoffs. And lo and behold...Letang got it!
Mike Lange always seems to call it. It's why I turn down my TV and turn up the Mike! :thumbsup:

If it wasn't for Varlamov again, the Pens win this game going away. This kid has been absolutely amazing.
He's pulling a Fleury from last year. Everyone talked about his inexperiece and youth, too, and the performance Fleury laid out there was not what other teams expected. I was hoping this kid would falter on away ice and with a loud Pens crowd. So far he seems unflappable. He's young and his endurance is strong. He's going to keep testing our true resolve, that's for sure!

Now I tend to be superstitious in nature, and because I didn't get to see or hear the game last night and we won when we lost the first two that I watched? Now I'm debating skipping it on Friday. Call me crazy, but I'm wired that way. What do I do? Do I watch it or skip it? :noidea: Does anyone else get this way? There's no way I could miss another game though, so I'm watching. Maybe. Agggggh I'm torn.

Ditto! I don't want the Wings to make it back to the Cup! It's a personal thing now since the Hoser incident.

SteelMember
05-07-2009, 08:01 AM
We gotta freakin win this!!!!!

2 points:

1 - Letang is playing horrible, we should have dressed Boucher

2 - Everyone is getting on Malkin but where the F is Staal this whole series????:iagree:
FUGGING LETANG FUGGING SUCKSLETANG NEEDS TO GET OFF THE POWER PLAY RIGHT FUGGING NOWLetang:
"Just when we thought you couldn't get any worse, you go and do somethin like that.............................AND TOTALLY REDEEM YOURSELF"

DAMN LETANG!!!!!
OMFG!!!! GAME WINNING GOAL BY NONE OTHER THAN . . ..
KRIS LETANG!!!!! Great shot!!!

Ok, so I was watching the same game. :laughing:
He had a lot of chances early, but always seemed to need to settle the puck or mishandle it. :mad: That's how it goes. At least he kept shooting...and a little luck never hurts. :thumbsup: The Pens, and the crowd, came out with a lot more energy tonight, and it showed...big time!

Now I tend to be superstitious in nature, and because I didn't get to see or hear the game last night and we won when we lost the first two that I watched? Now I'm debating skipping it on Friday. Call me crazy, but I'm wired that way. What do I do? Do I watch it or skip it? :noidea: Does anyone else get this way? There's no way I could miss another game though, so I'm watching. Maybe. Agggggh I'm torn.

Wear a patch over one eye. :chuckle:

Steel Head
05-07-2009, 08:08 AM
but always seemed to need to settle the puck or mishandle it. :mad: That's how it goes.

he needs to learn how to do a one-timer

Malkin and Crosby kept setting him up perfect on that backdoor play where Varlamov was caught scrambling for position and Letang kept mishandling the puck like you said. He needs to bury that

It will be interesting to see how Bylsma handles the back to back games. I'm guessing he will alternate Satan and Sykora for those games but maybe he brings in a fresh Boucher for 1 of those games?

stlrtruck
05-07-2009, 08:26 AM

I use to be this way and there are certain points that I still get the same way. For example, I shaved part of my beard (the part that would actually be the goatee) and left my chops. That was Tuesday and then won last night. So I'll probably shave either tonight or tomorrow morning.

So if I were you - SKIP IT!

trauben
05-07-2009, 08:52 AM
I use to be this way and there are certain points that I still get the same way. For example, I shaved part of my beard (the part that would actually be the goatee) and left my chops. That was Tuesday and then won last night. So I'll probably shave either tonight or tomorrow morning.

So if I were you - SKIP IT!
EXACTLY! And be sure to shave! But damn, I need someone strong to keep me away from the house and out of my Pens room! I don't think I can miss another game, especially "intentionally" and not due to circumstances beyond my control.

rbryan
05-07-2009, 09:02 AM
All I can say is WOW!! I was almost ready to tip my hat to the Caps Goaltender because he is truly playing lights out.

No matter what happens from here, I don't think you can question the Pens effort or mental toughness. They played inpired hockey last night and kept coming when most teams would have been frustrated by the kid from Washington standing on his head all night.

trauben
05-07-2009, 09:17 AM
http://cdn.nhl.com/penguins/images/upload/2009/05/malk1star.jpg

stlrtruck
05-07-2009, 10:20 AM
EXACTLY! And be sure to shave! But damn, I need someone strong to keep me away from the house and out of my Pens room! I don't think I can miss another game, especially "intentionally" and not due to circumstances beyond my control.

Don't make me come up there!!!!!

SteelersinCA
05-07-2009, 12:38 PM
Good Lord what are you trying to do? Can you imagine the devastation that would take place. It would be a score fest.

And the problem with that would be???? No, I'm just saying Crosby played like #66 the first 2 games and Malkin played like him last night, if we could just get them to do it on the same night, then, yes, it would be a scorefest!!!! GO PENS!

stlrtruck
05-07-2009, 01:13 PM
And the problem with that would be???? No, I'm just saying Crosby played like #66 the first 2 games and Malkin played like him last night, if we could just get them to do it on the same night, then, yes, it would be a scorefest!!!! GO PENS!

There wouldn't be a problem but the NHL wouldn't know how to handle such an event. Especially since it would leave Ovarian out in the cold and he's the poster child right now.

rbryan
05-07-2009, 02:35 PM
Thats one ugly poster child

HometownGal
05-07-2009, 05:14 PM
All I can say is WOW!! I was almost ready to tip my hat to the Caps Goaltender because he is truly playing lights out.

No matter what happens from here, I don't think you can question the Pens effort or mental toughness. They played inpired hockey last night and kept coming when most teams would have been frustrated by the kid from Washington standing on his head all night.

I agree. :thumbsup: The Pens have played their hearts out and did everything but stand on their own noggins to get that puck past that stone wall named Varlamov. If they play tomorrow night as they did last night (without the OT, hopefully :hope:), they're going to take a 2-2 into Washington and the momentum will definitely be in their favor to win the series. :tt03:

Can't say enough about Varlamov - he's been simply outstanding.

X-Terminator
05-07-2009, 05:26 PM
There wouldn't be a problem but the NHL wouldn't know how to handle such an event. Especially since it would leave Ovarian out in the cold and he's the poster child right now.

There are a whole lot of people who would disagree that Captain Caveman is the NHL's poster child. Most believe Crosby is that guy, and is part of the reason why he's hated so much. To many fans, Crosby = Bettman, and 90% of the fans hate Bettman, so...there you go.

paw-n-maul-u
05-07-2009, 06:37 PM
I am not going to freak out at all yet about this series. This is one Malkin confidence boosting goal away from turning into a 4-2 Pens series.

SERIOUSLY ... If malkin and Fleury both get their heads out of each others asses, then this series should be over.

Pens are AT THE VERY WORST going to win one game in Pitt. ... and think about it, if they win two, the momentum has switched and it puts ALLLLL of the pressure on the Caps to defend the home turf and not let a monumental let down.

Caps goalie is GOINGGGG to have a bad game where he gets eaten alive in a 7-2 victory. he is 20 years old.

I envision a 3-2 pens win on wednesday ... and a 7-2 crushing on friday with crosby and malkin both having two goals. MARK IT DOWN.

you can't even bump that scenario, because that is so likely and everyone knows it. I hate that P.O.S. Ovechkin who can't even string together a friggen sentence. listen to his post game interview from game 1, christ he sounds ridiculous. I guess it's just because I'm a steelers fan stuck in redskin nation, but mannnnnn I hate how everyone sucks him off around here.

mark it down

3-2 pens game 3

6 or 7-2 pens game 4

Pens win series 4-2 after two veryyyyy close ... EPIC game 5 and 6

not to toot my own horn, but my plan is unfolding masterfully ... Anyone wanna take bets on a 6-2 pens win with malkin and crosby both gettin two goals? count it boys

I_Bleed_Black_And_Gold
05-08-2009, 03:41 AM
Pens must break Varlamov tomorrow night. We need a big game with a big lead in this one, a shutout would be perfect.

Break Varlamov and keep Ovenchkin out of the net tomorrow and this series is ours.

On a side note, I think we are going to be seeing a lot of Varlamov for years to come. At 21 years old, that kid is phenomenal!

stlrtruck
05-08-2009, 06:27 AM
There are a whole lot of people who would disagree that Captain Caveman is the NHL's poster child. Most believe Crosby is that guy, and is part of the reason why he's hated so much. To many fans, Crosby = Bettman, and 90% of the fans hate Bettman, so...there you go.

The way the announcers bow down, bend over, knee pad Ovarian, I would summise the other.

stlrtruck
05-08-2009, 06:29 AM

Ok, I've done my part at exactly 7am this morning. The chops are nicely trimmed and the goatee part is gone.

Now, what are you going to be doing tonight for you part?

trauben
05-08-2009, 06:38 AM
Good! :thmbup: Because I'm watching the game!!!

Seriously though, how could I not? Are you kidding me? Besides, it was YOU that made it work, not me. :chuckle:

However my daughter thinks I shouldn't watch either and wants to take in the new Star Trek tonight to keep me away. Like I could sit still through a movie knowing my Pens are on the ice, despite loving Star Trek movies (and I have been waiting for this new movie to come out). I told her it was the luck of the home ice, not me. We'll take in the movie for Mother's Day. :thumbsup:

trauben
05-08-2009, 06:46 AM
So, did you guys hear about this?

Threat Against Alex Ovechkin Found On Pens Message Board
Washington Capitals Star In Pittsburgh For Hockey Playoffs

http://www.thepittsburghchannel.com/2009/0507/19392631_300X228.jpg

PITTSBURGH -- Pennsylvania state police are investigating a death threat against Washington Capitals hockey star Alexander Ovechkin that was posted on the PittsburghPenguins.com message board.

"The threat basically said, 'I'm going to kill Ovechkin and I don't care if I have to go to jail to do it,'" Pittsburgh police Lt. Kevin Kraus said. Police are taking the threat seriously, Kraus said, adding that the state police barracks in Chambersburg was handling the investigation. In a written statement, state police in Chambersburg said Trooper Franklin Hershey went to a home on Newcomer Road in Guilford Township, Franklin County, to investigate the threat.

A laptop was removed from the home, police said. No arrests have been made. WTAE Channel 4 Action News has learned that Ovechkin was escorted in and out of Pittsburgh's Mellon Arena and Washington's Verizon Center for all three games of the Penguins-Capitals playoff series so far. Overall measures have been taken to give Ovechkin special security, but it's unclear what those steps are. Game 4 of the best-of-seven series is scheduled for 7 p.m. Friday at Mellon Arena. The Caps lead the Pens two games to one.

The Penguins have only said that they were notified of the threat and that they turned all of their information over to police. In a statement, the Capitals said, "We became aware of an inappropriate comment on a message board and referred it to appropriate authorities. We appreciate their diligence and have every confidence in our club's safety."

http://www.thepittsburghchannel.com/sports/19398588/detail.html

Is this just a little too much drama considering how much stuff is said on message boards and forums for every team despite the sport? Don't get me wrong, a 'serious' death threat must be taken seriously, but this came from a 17 year old punk who is more than likely just your everyday wimp who becomes an online thug only while hiding behind a computer screen!

I'm thinking that this, coupled with the Cap's whinning about officiating is going to buy them a ton of favorable calls tonight. I mean, poor Ovechkin, the refs don't like him and neither do Pens fans! ........
Boo hoo hoo! http://smileys.on-my-web.com/repository/Sad/mad-050.gif

X-Terminator
05-08-2009, 08:43 AM
So, did you guys hear about this?

Is this just a little too much drama considering how much stuff is said on message boards and forums for every team despite the sport? Don't get me wrong, a 'serious' death threat must be taken seriously, but this came from a 17 year old punk who is more than likely just your everyday wimp who becomes an online thug only while hiding behind a computer screen!

I'm thinking that this, coupled with the Cap's whinning about officiating is going to buy them a ton of favorable calls tonight. I mean, poor Ovechkin, the refs don't like him and neither do Pens fans! ........
Boo hoo hoo! http://smileys.on-my-web.com/repository/Sad/mad-050.gif

Uh, yeah we have heard about it...

http://forums.steelersfever.com/showthread.php?t=35785

BTW, I do expect the Pens to be on the PK a lot tonight, so I hope they've gotten some extra work in.

stlrtruck
05-08-2009, 08:46 AM

Seriously though, how could I not? Are you kidding me? Besides, it was YOU that made it work, not me. :chuckle:

However my daughter thinks I shouldn't watch either and wants to take in the new Star Trek tonight to keep me away. Like I could sit still through a movie knowing my Pens are on the ice, despite loving Star Trek movies (and I have been waiting for this new movie to come out). I told her it was the luck of the home ice, not me. We'll take in the movie for Mother's Day. :thumbsup:

Should've gone with the movie tonight. I :applaudit: your daughter on the effort. Maybe that alone will appease the hockey gods :laughing:

As for the death threat on Ovarian, yeah it should be taken seriously, but me thinks that giving him "special" security is a bit much. I think as punishment, the kid should have to take 20 puck shots without pads (only helmet and cup protection) from Ovarian. Ovarian must be at the blue line and the kid must be in net. Ovarian can not (at least on purpose) aim for the face or the groin.

trauben
05-08-2009, 09:47 AM
Uh, yeah we have heard about it...

BTW, I do expect the Pens to be on the PK a lot tonight, so I hope they've gotten some extra work in.

Opps. I didn't think to look for it in another post. Sorry.

HometownGal
05-08-2009, 09:54 AM
I think as punishment, the kid should have to take 20 puck shots without pads (only helmet and cup protection) from Ovarian. Ovarian must be at the blue line and the kid must be in net. Ovarian can not (at least on purpose) aim for the face or the groin.

Copy cat. :flap::chuckle:

HometownGal
05-08-2009, 09:59 AM

The moron who posted that is most likely trying to be an internet tough guy behind that itty bitty little screen (I've seen a ton of them over the years - we even had a couple of those "bad azzes" here but were tossed back into cyberspace on their hineys), but in today's screwed up society, law enforcement must take every threat made either in real life or on the internet very seriously.

Do you know how many 17 year olds are arrested every year for murder? I think the police are totally justified here.

stlrtruck
05-08-2009, 12:17 PM
Copy cat. :flap::chuckle:

Hey you know I try :flap:

HometownGal
05-08-2009, 04:59 PM
Hey you know I try :flap:

Next time I talk to Mackenzie, I'm going to tell her to kick you in your hiney. :buttkick: :chuckle:

Opening faceoff in about an hour. I'm pumped for this game!

LETS GO PENS!!! :tt03::drink:

HometownGal
05-08-2009, 06:12 PM
Ughhhhh. Backstrom scores on an easy slapshot to the net. Fleury - you have to stop those!!!

HometownGal
05-08-2009, 06:14 PM
Pens on PP! Lets even it up here guyz.

pittsburghp8baller
05-08-2009, 06:14 PM
great i got to listen to the bums on comcast DC tonight! cant stand them makes me want to mute the dam game

pittsburghp8baller
05-08-2009, 06:16 PM
HE SCORES!!!!!

Gonchar, what a blast

and the guys at comcast are just about in tears right now!

HometownGal
05-08-2009, 06:16 PM
PP GOAL BY NONE OTHER THAN . . .

Sergei Gonchar!!!! WOO HOO!!!! :banana: :thumbsup:

All tied up at 1.

LETS GO PENS!

SteelCityMan786
05-08-2009, 06:21 PM
great i got to listen to the bums on comcast DC tonight! cant stand them makes me want to mute the dam game

Do that and put on 1059 The X via the Internet. You can listen to Lange and Borque.

Good Work to respond to the goal. Keep it up.

SteelCityMan786
05-08-2009, 06:22 PM
PP GOAL BY NONE OTHER THAN . . .

Sergei Gonchar!!!! WOO HOO!!!! :banana: :thumbsup:

All tied up at 1.

LETS GO PENS!

That was a GREAT goal.

I like to sometimes call him a laser surgeon. What precision.

pittsburghp8baller
05-08-2009, 06:26 PM
Do that and put on 1059 The X via the Internet. You can listen to Lange and Borque.

Good Work to respond to the goal. Keep it up.

id love to listen to mike lange but that broadcast is about 4 seconds ahead of the comcast broadcast

HometownGal
05-08-2009, 06:28 PM
What a save by Fleury on Federov! :thumbsup:

SteelCityMan786
05-08-2009, 06:29 PM
id love to listen to mike lange but that broadcast is about 4 seconds ahead of the comcast broadcast

It is very true with radio these days.

HometownGal
05-08-2009, 06:31 PM
WOO HOOOO!!!!! Billy G puts the Pens up 2-1!!!!

We have Varlamov shaken!

pittsburghp8baller
05-08-2009, 06:31 PM
HE SCORES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

way to clean up the garbage Guerin!

tony hipchest
05-08-2009, 06:32 PM
what great hustle. as good as they looked the other night, the energy looks even higher tonight.

SteelCityMan786
05-08-2009, 06:33 PM
NICE JOB BILLY!!!!

pittsburghp8baller
05-08-2009, 06:36 PM
stupid penalty taken by Orpik, clear cut penalty. a def lazy penalty

HometownGal
05-08-2009, 06:38 PM
G DAMN IT!!!!! Ovechkin with a knee on knee cheap assed shot on Gonchar. He's hurt and it doesn't look good. :shake01:

pittsburghp8baller
05-08-2009, 06:39 PM
OV finally injures some1 with one of his knees. could of taken him and orpik out the other night and now takes Gonchar out

SteelCityMan786
05-08-2009, 06:39 PM
I'm surprised he wasn't given worse such as a 10 minute or game misconduct.

HometownGal
05-08-2009, 06:41 PM
All we can do is pray that Serg is going to be OK. That is one guy this team can't do without in this series. :hope:

Damned cheap shot artist. :mad::mad::mad:

WOOOOO HOOOOOO!!! Fedotenko!!!!

pittsburghp8baller
05-08-2009, 06:42 PM
3-1 Baby!!

i keep saying it, aim for the dam glove side!!!

thats the fourth weak glove goal varlomonv has given up

pittsburghp8baller
05-08-2009, 06:45 PM
I'm surprised he wasn't given worse such as a 10 minute or game misconduct.

Are you kidding! OV a game misconduct? he would never do such a thing that would result in that!

if it was anyone other than OV the NHL would be looking into this to at least a small fine

SteelCityMan786
05-08-2009, 06:46 PM
Good Work by Ruslan on the Goal.

Crushzilla
05-08-2009, 06:52 PM
Are you kidding! OV a game misconduct? he would never do such a thing that would result in that!

if it was anyone other than OV the NHL would be looking into this to at least a small fine

Ovie and the Caps have been whining endlessly about the officiating.

Looks like they are taking matters into their own hands.

pittsburghp8baller
05-08-2009, 06:57 PM
Ovie and the Caps have been bitching endlessly about the officiating.

ive caught endless crap from Cap fans saying this series is rigged. I answer back with you guys are still up 2-1 and they say thats how bad we are, then i tell them to name 10 Capitals other than OV and Semin.

the the Caps fan quickly gets quiet and leaves me alone.

HometownGal
05-08-2009, 06:57 PM
Ovie and the Caps have been whining endlessly about the officiating.

There - fixed that for you! :drink:

I wish we'd hear something about Serg. I've loved a lot of Pittsburgh athletes over the years, but I felt from day one when Serg became a Penguin that he was going to be something special for us and he most definitely is. I absolutely love the guy and proudly don his jersey.

Edman
05-08-2009, 07:00 PM
The Penguins were all know and love have finally woke up. Great play so far. Alexander Odiveking showcasing why he's a douche.

Please, two more periods, Penguins! We can do this!

pittsburghp8baller
05-08-2009, 07:01 PM

I wish we'd hear something about Serg. I've loved a lot of Pittsburgh athletes over the years, but I felt from day one when Serg became a Penguin that he was going to be something special for us and he most definitely is. I absolutely love the guy and proudly don his jersey.

Gonchar was one of the few Caps i like when he played with them (along with Peter Bondra) so i was thrilled when he signed with us

any1 see Mike Tomlin rocking the Sid jersey! he got front row seats it looks like

Crushzilla
05-08-2009, 07:02 PM

Hopefully it's just a contusion.

It just made me nervous how his leg was flapping around in the air. Eek.

EDIT: Or maybe it just seemed that way to me.

He DID skate away, so maybe it's not all that bad.

HometownGal
05-08-2009, 07:03 PM
The Penguins were all know and love have finally woke up. Great play so far. Alexander Odiveking showcasing why he's a douche.

Please, two more periods, Penguins! We can do this!

They've got to keep that intensity up throughout the next 30 minutes.

Tank has been a beast in this series thus far! :applaudit::hatsoff:

Sir Douchebag is going to feel the wrath of Sergei's teammates at some point in this game. Personally, I think Orpik is going to nail him again like he did in Game 3. :tt03:

Crushzilla
05-08-2009, 07:05 PM
Hey... It's TOMLIN :tt02:

HometownGal
05-08-2009, 07:05 PM
I just heard on FSN that after AO kneed Gonchar, the ref warned him that if he did it again, he would give him a 5 minute major. A little late asshole, huh? :mad: :mad:

Edman
05-08-2009, 07:06 PM
Mike Tomlin in the building! I recently heard that Ovie got off a "warning" for being a bitch.

I don't want to hear any whining from the Craps fans.

pittsburghp8baller
They've got to keep that intensity up throughout the next 30 minutes.

Tank has been a beast in this series thus far! :applaudit::hatsoff:

Sir Douchebag is going to feel the wrath of Sergei's teammates at some point in this game. Personally, I think Orpik is going to nail him again like he did in Game 3. :tt03:

he was going after him at the end of the period, but did a good job of keeping it under control. im hoping he can line him up along the boards and then send him through the boards

SteelCityMan786
I just heard on FSN that after AO kneed Gonchar, the ref warned him that if he did it again, he would give him a 5 minute major. A little late asshole, huh? :mad: :mad:

He'd have a major right there If I was the one wearing the stripes. And NOT BECAUSE I'M A PENS FAN EITHER!!!

Edman
05-08-2009, 07:08 PM
Power Play for the Penguins!

pittsburghp8baller
05-08-2009, 07:09 PM

that should of been given to him on the Orpik collision the other night.

lets how we see with gonchar out on the power play

HometownGal
05-08-2009, 07:15 PM
Pens back on PP!!!!!

Letang has been on fire tonight! :drink:

Edman
05-08-2009, 07:15 PM
Penguins just flying all over the place!

Keep up the pressure guys!

pittsburghp8baller
05-08-2009, 07:16 PM
Another PP, lets keep it going

great forechecking by the Pens, from the top line to the bottom, causing turnovers along the boards- i like a lot

Edman
05-08-2009, 07:18 PM
Sergei Gonchar is questionable.

Go to hell, Odiveking.

HometownGal
05-08-2009, 07:25 PM
Yet another Pens PP coming up. Pour it on Pens!

I'm almost sure Boudreau is crying about this one too. I read his lips on the last penalty on the Caps.

STFU Boudreau.

http://media.monstersandcritics.com/articles/1213674/article_images/unclefesterhasanelectrifyingpersonality.jpg

HometownGal
05-08-2009, 07:29 PM
DAMN. Time to answer boyz.

HometownGal
05-08-2009, 07:34 PM
HUGE PK coming up here. We have to take that momentum away from the Craps here and now. I'd like to see the Pens put one more in the net before period's end.

pittsburghp8baller
05-08-2009, 07:35 PM
DAMN. Time to answer boyz.

this is an even bigger time to answer, we need a kill or this is gonna swing torwards the Caps in mometum.

I_Bleed_Black_And_Gold
05-08-2009, 07:41 PM
Not comfortable with this lead now. We need to keep a 2 goal separation minimum to keep the momentum on our side.

Jesus Tapdancin' Christ get some damned shots on goal during the power play!

Crushzilla
05-08-2009, 07:45 PM
What was that music FSN was playing while they showed the Gonchar injury?

Bizarre.

HometownGal
05-08-2009, 07:46 PM
What was that music FSN was playing while they showed the Gonchar injury?

Bizarre.

I dunno, Crush, but it sure was eerie. :horror:

I believe O-foreskin should get a heavy fine for that deliberate hit on Serg, but most likely, he won't. :mad:

pittsburghp8baller
05-08-2009, 07:48 PM
Not comfortable with this lead now. We need to keep a 2 goal separation minimum to keep the momentum on our side.

Jesus Tapdancin' Christ get some damned shots on goal during the power play!

they say a two goal lead is the worst lead to have in hockey. some times you see teams focus more when they are only up by one, they should always be focused but once teams get two or three goal leads you see them start to hang back and play to cautious- we have seen that a lot this year.

imagine your up by two, you get scored on and the momentum is starting to swing there way, by the means of momentum they tie it up, now momentum is completely on there side. before you know it what was once a two goal lead, you are now trailing by one. i have seen it plenty of times, two goal leads should be gold but now a days it means nothing

I_Bleed_Black_And_Gold
05-08-2009, 07:50 PM
Ok, how about a 10 goal lead?

My heart (and my fingernails), can't take much of this!

HometownGal
05-08-2009, 07:53 PM

I hear you, buddy. I'm sitting here drinking a couple of wine coolers to calm my nerves and I'm not a drinker - LOL!

I_Bleed_Black_And_Gold
05-08-2009, 07:55 PM
I hear you, buddy. I'm sitting here drinking a couple of wine coolers to calm my nerves and I'm not a drinker - LOL!

I'm all out of rum so I am flying solo at the moment!

pittsburghp8baller
05-08-2009, 07:59 PM
Ok, how about a 10 goal lead?

a 10 goal lead would be awesome and safe.

this is why i love the NHL playoffs, rarely a blowout game througout.

HometownGal
05-08-2009, 08:00 PM
WOOOOOOOOOOO HOOOOOOOOOO!!!! Great pass by Satan!!!

pittsburghp8baller
05-08-2009, 08:00 PM
what a pass and he SCORES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sid from Satan.

they said it early, Satan is a Cap killer, but usually with goals

pittsburghp8baller
05-08-2009, 08:01 PM
now we get a PP, lets keep it rolling!!!!

HometownGal
05-08-2009, 08:01 PM
Dumb ass Caps got another penalty. :laughing:

HometownGal
05-08-2009, 08:04 PM
Ruh roh. Refs missed two penalties on the Caps there. Flagrant penalties!!! :mad: :mad:

SteelCityMan786
05-08-2009, 08:04 PM
Wow, why no call???

Oh well, lets pick up and MOVE ON! LETS GO PENS!!!

pittsburghp8baller
05-08-2009, 08:05 PM
TWO MISSED PENALTYS ON THAT PLAY! WOW MAJOR BS!

I_Bleed_Black_And_Gold
05-08-2009, 08:06 PM
and the Craps wan't to complain about the refs...

bullshit!

HometownGal
05-08-2009, 08:06 PM
TWO MISSED PENALTYS ON THAT PLAY! WOW MAJOR BS!

Didn't see Boudreau rubbing that bald dome of his there did ya? :rolleyes:

I agree with SCM - pick up and move on. :drink:

Play your game boyz and you'll be just fine. :tt03:

SteelCityMan786
05-08-2009, 08:07 PM

As long as the Penguins have more goals then the Capitals, the Penguins still win last I checked.

HometownGal
05-08-2009, 08:11 PM
As long as the Penguins have more goals then the Capitals, the Penguins still win last I checked.

Huh????

I_Bleed_Black_And_Gold
05-08-2009, 08:12 PM

John Madden?

pittsburghp8baller
05-08-2009, 08:14 PM

nah he teaches stuff like that, Boudreau would be an excellent basketball coach with the way he has the caps running the pick and roll so much.

lets move on and get the next one!!

I_Bleed_Black_And_Gold
05-08-2009, 08:15 PM
AHHH!

SOOOO CLOSE!

pittsburghp8baller
05-08-2009, 08:17 PM
John Madden?

that was classic john madden

'which ever team doesnt lose there last game is usually the champion'

HometownGal
05-08-2009, 08:18 PM
MAXIE SCORES with 5:14 left in the 3rd!!! WTG MAX! :banana:

pittsburghp8baller
05-08-2009, 08:18 PM
HE SCORESSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11

Mad Max baby!!

I_Bleed_Black_And_Gold
05-08-2009, 08:19 PM
WHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!

BEAUTIFUL BREAKAWAY GOAL BY TALBOT!!!!

tony hipchest
05-08-2009, 08:19 PM
sweet max. that was smooth and cool as the other side of the pillow.

Edman
05-08-2009, 08:20 PM
3:41 to go! LET'S GO PENS!

I_Bleed_Black_And_Gold
05-08-2009, 08:21 PM
one more to seal the deal, DO IT PENS!

Edman
05-08-2009, 08:27 PM
IT'S AN ALL NEW SERIES! Penguins win!

HometownGal
GAME OVER!!!! Series all tied up heading into Wacovia tomorrow night.

Great game by our Pens - I'm a VERY proud fan!!! :drink: :banana:

pittsburghp8baller
AND WE EVEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!

great game by our Pens. Now we go to DC with momentum. And yours truly may be in attendence for it!!!

I_Bleed_Black_And_Gold
This is exactly what the Pens needed, a big win at home to get the momentum really rolling.

Couldn't be more proud right now!

I_Bleed_Black_And_Gold
05-08-2009, 08:34 PM
Now I want to know what is going on with Gonchar, we are going to miss him...

pittsburghp8baller
05-08-2009, 08:34 PM

i hope its not at Wacovia or else i cant go!!:flap:

im hoping back-to-back gives us an advantage. Varlmonov has never done back-to-back in the NHL and Fleury is quite use to it. we also get to go right back out there still pumped up from the win tonight

X-Terminator
05-08-2009, 08:41 PM
Huge win for the Pens, they now go back to DC tied up and with all of the momentum. Here's hoping it carries over and they get the win they need on their ice. The question is which team will be affected more by the back-to-back games? It's a pretty unusual situation.

And no more about how wonderful Ovechkin is. He's a dirty cheap shot artist who's kneed guys in the past and constantly leaves his feet to hit guys, and the refs and league turn a blind eye. If anyone else knees Gonchar like that, it's 5 and a game, but because it's Ovechkin, he gets just 2 for tripping. What a joke. The double-standard when it comes to star players whenever they do cheap shit is disgusting. I just hope Gonchar isn't too seriously hurt, because it didn't look good. I doubt he plays tomorrow night.

As for the refs themselves, they were absolutely brutal tonight. They practically gave the Caps that SH goal - the first one on Bradley was borderline, but the second one when he pushed Orpik into the goal - they called Scuderi for the exact same thing earlier in the game, but no call there. Friggin ridiculous.

Oh well, on to tomorrow and hopefully a Pens win.

LET'S GO PENS!!!!!!!

SteelCityMan786
05-08-2009, 08:42 PM

Wachovia???? Don't you mean Verizon????

Great Game indeed and so am I. :tt03:

Edman
05-08-2009, 09:14 PM
I don't it could've been made anymore obvious that Ovechdick is a no-class POS. What pissed me off the most is that the ref let him off with a "warning" and if he did it again, it's five.

I hope someone puts another gap in his teeth. He'd deserve nothing less.

Fire Haley
05-09-2009, 05:38 AM
Pens want justice for Ovechkin hit

PITTSBURGH - Matt Cooke knows what the verdict would be if it was him on the stand today facing what passes for NHL justice.

“If I did what he did, I wouldn’t be on the ice,” the Penguins forward said Friday night in the bittersweet aftermath of a critical 5-3 win over the Washington Capitals.

Matt Cooke is not Alex Ovechkin, however, which is the challenge NHL disciplinarian Colin Campbell faces in making a ruling prior to tonight’s Game 5 of the rivetting best-of-seven Eastern Conference semi-final that is now tied at 2-2.

Ovechkin’s knee-on-knee hit on Sergei Gonchar in the first period had the star defenceman writhing on the Mellon Arena ice and potentially gone for the remainder of the Penguins’ playoff run.

And it had the Pens seething and fiercely seeking justice despite having just put the series back on equal terms.

“He goes out there to hurt players,” Pens defenceman Brooks Orpik said of the flamboyant Russian star. “That’s three games in a row against us. Just watch the way the guy hits. He leaves his feet and takes countless strides at guys. There’s a line you can’t cross and he does it."

http://www.edmontonsun.com/Sports/Hockey/2009/05/08/9401461-sun.html

HometownGal
05-09-2009, 06:03 AM
Wachovia???? Don't you mean Verizon????

Great Game indeed and so am I. :tt03:

I was tired last night and meant to type "Washington". :chuckle::doh:

I think it's a safe bet that Serg isn't going to be dressed for tonight's game, though I haven't heard anything officially here in the Burgh yet.

I watched the caveman's post-game interview last night and it sickened me to hear him put on the innocent act with the reporters. :yuck: :mad:

http://penguins.nhl.com/index.html

Ovechkin, a Russian with previously acknowledged respect for his countryman, spoke after Game 4 with regret about the hit - for which he received only a two-minute tripping penalty, and may be fined by the NHL.

"I think it was an accident, but I'm not the kind of player who wants to injure other guys," he said. "Especially... (Gonchar). I wouldn't hit him like that." :upyours:

Several Penguins offered looks of disgust as they gathered inside their players' lounge and watched analysis from Canadian television commentators while video footage of the hit was broadcast.

Crosby shook his head after hearing a commentator criticize Gonchar for "not moving out of the way." :jawdrop: :mad:

SteelCityMan786
05-09-2009, 07:23 AM
I was tired last night and meant to type "Washington". :chuckle::doh:

I think it's a safe bet that Serg isn't going to be dressed for tonight's game, though I haven't heard anything officially here in the Burgh yet.

I watched the caveman's post-game interview last night and it sickened me to hear him put on the innocent act with the reporters. :yuck: :mad:

http://penguins.nhl.com/index.html

Haha. That's ok HTG. Stuff happens. We're all human. :hatsoff:

I wouldn't be surprised either. It's going to be tough to win without him, but I think this team is up to it. They could tread water without him, I think they can fly even higher to.

A.O. just needs to go shut up. He sound like he was upset that he didn't get a goal last night. That's one thing that the Penguins have needed to do and have done.

stlrtruck
05-09-2009, 07:47 AM
Next time I talk to Mackenzie, I'm going to tell her to kick you in your hiney. :buttkick: :chuckle:

Opening faceoff in about an hour. I'm pumped for this game!

LETS GO PENS!!! :tt03::drink:

Hey I don't have a Mack :noidea:, I have a Makenzie :flap: and she's already has enough aggression, she doesn't need your encouragement!

Great game last night. Score should have been 5-2, but either way. Need another aggressive game tonight and bring this back to Da 'Burgh so the Pens can finish it off in 6.

Isn't consider a sweep if you let them win 2 and then take the next 4?

7/39/43
05-09-2009, 08:12 AM
Ovechkin better get SUSPENDED!
he does that kind of crap all the time
time to teach him a lesson
If the league don't don anything he better watch his back every second

Fire Haley
05-09-2009, 08:47 AM
Nobody called up yet?

http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/pitt...hippediceblog/

SARGE STUFF: Penguins D Sergei Gonchar’s lower-body injury – likely a right knee after his first-period collision with Ovechkin – did not prevent him from accompanying the Penguins on their charter flight after Game 4 to Washington for Game 5 on Saturday night. Gonchar is very unlikely to play in Game 5, and several persons close to him believe he could miss at least a month – though the Penguins have neither disclosed a status of his injury or a recovery time period.

As of this post – around 1 a.m. Saturday – the Penguins had not recalled a player from AHL affiliate Wilkes-Barre/Scranton. The likely player to get that call is D Alex Goligoski, who coach Dan Bylsma knows well from his days as an assistant and head coach with the minor-league Penguins.

Fire Haley
05-09-2009, 11:36 AM
12:17 PM:
Head coach Dan Bylsma updated the media on defenseman Sergei Gonchar's status following his knee-to-knee collision with Alex Ovechkin last night. The report was more optimistic than originally thought and Gonchar has not been ruled out for tonight's Game 5 contest in Washington.

"We evaluated him and continue to evaluate him," Bylsma said. "It's more or less how he's going to respond. The swelling has not been significant but it's going to be day-to-day, game-time (decision) for Sergei. He's not doing as bad as we thought and it will be game-time as far as our decisions with our lineup."

If Gonchar plays, Bylsma said he would consider dressing seven defensemen in the contest as an insurance policy. The Penguins also recalled blueliner Alex Goligoski from Wilkes-Barre/Scranton.

http://penguins.nhl.com/team/app/?service=page&page=NewsPage&articleid=422111

SteelCityMan786
05-09-2009, 12:05 PM
Hopefully Goligoski can do some damage today.

Rek
05-09-2009, 12:53 PM
Pens got the momentum now, hope they keep rolling.

Fire Haley
05-09-2009, 01:10 PM
It's all over now.

More

Breaking News:

Sources tell TSN Sergei Gonchar is expected to miss the next several weeks with an apparent knee injury.

Sources tell TSN Pittsburgh defenceman Sergei Gonchar suffered an apparent knee injury and will miss the next several weeks, perhaps the remainder of the season.

Gonchar was injured following a knee-on-knee collision with Capitals star Alex Ovechkin, who received a minor penalty on the play.

During a Washington power play in the first period of Game 4, Gonchar skated out from behind the Pittsburgh net and Ovechkin appeared to stick out his right knee a moment before the two collided. The Penguins defenceman was unable to put any weight on his right leg and was helped off the ice.

The National Hockey League has ruled out the notion of supplemental discipline which has prompted reaction from Gonchar's representative, JP Barry.

''We now have Exhibit A of the extreme double-standard that exists in the NHL's approach to discipline. Alex clearly cuts back with his knee after missing his check with devastating results. But of course, because it's Alex, its all Sergei's fault,'' Barry told TSN.

''It was a extremely negligent hit and if anyone else in this league does the same we all know they will face serious discipline,'' Barry continued. ''Part of being 'great' means playing with respect. He is wreckless and this isn't the first or last time he will get a free pass from the NHL, and the best part is he knows it.''

http://tsn.ca/

Fire Haley
05-09-2009, 02:16 PM
Our PP

http://ahkoo.info/img/doomed.jpg

pittsburghp8baller
05-09-2009, 03:02 PM

nope nothing done, as far as i know the NHL didnt even so much as release a statement about it.

The Penguins are gonna have to do there best to keep there emotions in check, especially Brook Orpik. I know its gonna be easy to want to go out there and try and take OV out, but you gotta know the refs are gonna be watching closely for that. Stupid penalties cost teams series, and i hate to see us let our emotions get the best of us and do something to cost us this sereis espcially how much we fought to get back in it. Im not saying that OV should get a free pass on this, he shouldnt, and any chance we get we need to remind him that his kind of play isnt gonna float with us but anytime anyone gets close to OV you know the refs are gonna be paying special attention, i just hope they arent overly protective. (i can honeslty say that OV will draw at least one totally BS penalty that we will complain about)

7/39/43
05-09-2009, 03:15 PM
I hope the hell someone knocks his freakin' head off. but we will get the punishment for revenge
B.S.!!!!!!!!!

SteelCityMan786
05-09-2009, 03:16 PM

He didn't even get fined.

It's all over now.

More

Breaking News:

Sources tell TSN Sergei Gonchar is expected to miss the next several weeks with an apparent knee injury.

Sources tell TSN Pittsburgh defenceman Sergei Gonchar suffered an apparent knee injury and will miss the next several weeks, perhaps the remainder of the season.

Gonchar was injured following a knee-on-knee collision with Capitals star Alex Ovechkin, who received a minor penalty on the play.

During a Washington power play in the first period of Game 4, Gonchar skated out from behind the Pittsburgh net and Ovechkin appeared to stick out his right knee a moment before the two collided. The Penguins defenceman was unable to put any weight on his right leg and was helped off the ice.

The National Hockey League has ruled out the notion of supplemental discipline which has prompted reaction from Gonchar's representative, JP Barry.

''We now have Exhibit A of the extreme double-standard that exists in the NHL's approach to discipline. Alex clearly cuts back with his knee after missing his check with devastating results. But of course, because it's Alex, its all Sergei's fault,'' Barry told TSN.

''It was a extremely negligent hit and if anyone else in this league does the same we all know they will face serious discipline,'' Barry continued. ''Part of being 'great' means playing with respect. He is wreckless and this isn't the first or last time he will get a free pass from the NHL, and the best part is he knows it.''

http://tsn.ca/

Not so fast.

Gonchar a 'game-time' decision
http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=422116
Head coach Dan Bylsma updated the media on defenseman Sergei Gonchar's status following his knee-to-knee collision with Alex Ovechkin last night. The report was more optimistic than originally thought and Gonchar has not been ruled out for tonight's Game 5 contest in Washington.

"We evaluated him and continue to evaluate him," Bylsma said. "It's more or less how he's going to respond. The swelling has not been significant but it's going to be day-to-day, game-time (decision) for Sergei. He's not doing as bad as we thought and it will be game-time as far as our decisions with our lineup."

If Gonchar plays, Bylsma said he would consider dressing seven defensemen in the contest as an insurance policy. The Penguins also recalled blueliner Alex Goligoski from Wilkes-Barre/Scranton.

Goligoski, 23, registered 20 points (six goals, 14 assists) in 45 contests during the regular season with Pittsburgh. He began the season with the Penguins appearing in 44 games and recording a plus-five rating He notched his first NHL goal Oct. 5 versus Ottawa. Before being re-assigned, Goligoski led all rookie defensemen with six goals, 14 assists and 20 points, while tying for fifth among all rookies with eight power-play points (four goals, four assists).

The rookie defenseman has notched six points (one goal, five assists) in nine post-season games for the Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins. Goligoski scored 18 points (two goals, 16 assists) and recorded 16 penalty minutes in 26 games during the regular season with Wilkes-Barre/Scranton.

Fire Haley
05-09-2009, 03:33 PM
See post #436

Smokescreen

X-Terminator
05-09-2009, 03:58 PM
Ovechkin not getting so much as a warning from the league is the biggest crock of shit I've seen since Good-deal swept Cameragate under the rug. J.P Barry is absolutely right - this is a clear example of the league's double standard when it comes to guys like Captain Caveman. Basically, the league has given him a free ticket to do whatever dirty crap he wants and injure anyone he wants. This league is a friggin joke. :mad:

HometownGal
05-09-2009, 04:10 PM
Ovechkin not getting so much as a warning from the league is the biggest crock of shit I've seen since Good-deal swept Cameragate under the rug. J.P Barry is absolutely right - this is a clear example of the league's double standard when it comes to guys like Captain Caveman. Basically, the league has given him a free ticket to do whatever dirty crap he wants and injure anyone he wants. This league is a friggin joke. :mad:

I agree 100%, XT and I'm absolutely incensed right now. :mad::mad: Not even so much as a freakin' fine!!!! Evgeny Artyukhin was suspended for 2 games earlier this season for a knee-on-knee hit, but O-Fore-skin does the same thing and is given a free pass.

I hope the Pens make that cheap shot SOB pay for this next season and channel out the emotion they are sure to be feeling tonight in a positive way. Run the bastard next season but the best way to get under his skin from here on out is to keep him out of the circle, out of the net and off the scoreboard.

P.S. I was reading the Caps BB this morning and one poster was trying to excuse Caveman's dirty hit on Serg by saying "he gets that way and runs people when he's not scoring goals". :jawdrop: :mad:

OneForTheToe
05-09-2009, 04:33 PM
Ridiculous that OV is not even fined let alone suspended for a game. The NHL implemented new rules the last 1/2 dozen years to protect its stars from being taken out (especially away from the puck) by NHL goons. Fine, but you can't turn around and let the stars get away with the same behaivior. Otherwise, you might as well just go back to old-time hockey.

This is systemic throughout the sports world. No different than Kobi Bryant not being suspended for throwing an elbow to the neck of another player. We don't see it as often in the NFL and MLB. However, does anyone think that Tom Bundchen would be suspended for a playoff game if he did do something to deserve it?

HometownGal
05-09-2009, 05:04 PM
Classy bunch, aren't they? :jerkit: :upyours:

http://boards.washingtoncaps.com/index.php?showtopic=87237

Fire Haley
05-09-2009, 05:05 PM
That's not important - what is important is we lost Gonchar.

I have visions of the team in Jan when they couldn't clear the puck out of their own end and a PP that couldn't get off a shot.

Malkin can't go to sleep anymore, that's for sure.

stlrtruck
05-09-2009, 05:21 PM

Hey don't know what you did the other night but I've already pulled out the razoe and did my part! You still on status quo?

HometownGal
05-09-2009, 05:38 PM
That's not important - what is important is we lost Gonchar.

I have visions of the team in Jan when they couldn't clear the puck out of their own end and a PP that couldn't get off a shot.

Malkin can't go to sleep anymore, that's for sure.

I'm not saying for one minute that the greatest tragedy here is that we may have lost our best D-man and QB of our PP (depending on which report is actually true). along with being my favorite Pen and Pittsburgh athlete. It crushed me to see him take that hit and barely able to skate off the ice. I can't help but be outraged, however, by the league's turning a blind eye to a blatant cheap shot by the NHL's golden boy. Gonchar is to the Pens what Ben is to the Steelers - he's the one player the Pens can't afford to be without, just like Ben with the Steelers.

tony hipchest
05-09-2009, 05:53 PM
Basically, the league has given him a free ticket to do whatever dirty crap he wants and injure anyone he wants. This league is a friggin joke. :mad:the nba is doing the exact same thing with goldenboy kobe bryant. wednesday he elbowed ron artest in the throat and they ejected artest for allowing his neck to assault kobes elbow.

afterwords they admitted they were wrong and issued kobe a flagrant 1 foul which is pretty much meaningless since the game was over and no foul shots could be taken.

just for good measure the refs threw ron artest out of the game again last night, just to let kobe know a player guarding him will not be tolerated.

:jerkit:

HometownGal
05-09-2009, 06:04 PM
Serg is NOT in the lineup tonight. Goligoski is in the lineup and I'm counting on a big game from him. He's done well during his stints with the Pens.

LETS GO PENS!!!!

Edman
05-09-2009, 06:05 PM
There's nothing the Penguins can do right now. That's for sure. The best they can do is play and hope for a speedy recovery by Sarge.

One thing is certain, the next person to come up and tell me how great Ovechdick is, I'm slapping them. He's a no-class POS.

HometownGal
05-09-2009, 06:08 PM
One thing is certain, the next person to come up and tell me how great Ovechdick is, I'm slapping them. He's a no-class POS.

I couldn't agree with you more, Ed.

I think the Pens will come out firing on Varlamov (right hand glove side please?) and play with positive emotion. I have complete faith in 'em tonight. :tt03:

SteelCityMan786
05-09-2009, 06:09 PM
See post #436

Smokescreen

I couldn't agree with you more, Ed.

I think the Pens will come out firing on Varlamov (right hand glove side please?) and play with positive emotion. I have complete faith in 'em tonight. :tt03:

Someone else who you know has had faith in them all season is with you.

tony hipchest
05-09-2009, 06:19 PM
what a "flurry" of shots, on our goalie. this power play is well timed.

SteelCityMan786
05-09-2009, 06:26 PM
This Capitals team is not falling easily.

SteelCityMan786
05-09-2009, 06:34 PM
Lets Go PK!!!!

HometownGal
05-09-2009, 06:36 PM
Gotta be tough on this PK. :hope:

Both teams are playing well thus far. Pens need to step it up a few notches and get one in behind Varlamov.

devilsdancefloor
05-09-2009, 06:41 PM
congrads on tieing up the series. what is the status of gonchar? knee to knee is not a good thing.

SteelCityMan786
05-09-2009, 06:53 PM
congrads on tieing up the series. what is the status of gonchar? knee to knee is not a good thing.

Out for tonight. Goligoski in.

HometownGal
05-09-2009, 06:53 PM

Thanks. :drink:

Don't really know, to be quite honest. Several reports floating around out there. Steigerwald said that Serg is in Washington watching the game and is wearing a knee brace. He is sorely missed.

HometownGal
05-09-2009, 06:55 PM
Both goalies are playing very well tonight. Varlamov seems to have a weakness on his glove side so I hope the Pens continue to exploit that weakness in the 2nd.

Let's get a couple of goals here in the 2nd guys. LETS GO PENS! :tt03:

HometownGal
05-09-2009, 07:00 PM
Orpik, Geno, Steckel and the cheap shot artist are all in the sin bin to begin the 2nd.

SteelCityMan786
05-09-2009, 07:00 PM
Orpik, Geno, Steckel and the cheap shot artist are all in the sin bin to begin the 2nd.

Still 5 on 5 though folks just a word of note.

HometownGal
05-09-2009, 07:10 PM
Jordan Staal buries it behind Varlamov!!!! Pens up 1-0! :banana:

SteelCityMan786
05-09-2009, 07:12 PM
DAMN IT!!!! They got too caught up in thinking the lead was safe.

Come on guys.

HometownGal
05-09-2009, 07:12 PM
Caps tie it up 1-1 on a slapshot by the cheap shot artist. :upyours:

NEPAsteeler
05-09-2009, 07:13 PM
Anyone else think that the Caps "sirens" after they score a goal are very annoying?

SteelCityMan786
05-09-2009, 07:14 PM
Anyone else think that the Caps "sirens" after they score a goal are very annoying?

They're annoying, but the only way you won't hear em, is if you can prevent them from scoring.

Come on Pens. You worked hard to get the 1-0 lead. How about you all kick it up a notch and make it 2-1!!

LETS GO PENS!!:tt03:

NEPAsteeler
05-09-2009, 07:19 PM
They're annoying, but the only way you won't hear em, is if you can prevent them from scoring.

Come on Pens. You worked hard to get the 1-0 lead. How about you all kick it up a notch and make it 2-1!!

LETS GO PENS!!:tt03:

I'm sitting here chanting "Defense". Sometimes it's just hard to separate sports. LOL!

Let's Go Pens!!!!!!!

HometownGal
05-09-2009, 07:23 PM

Yep, as it that damned air horn blowing when the Pens are in their OZ.

The Caps have life after that goal - Pens need to step it up big time here.

NEPAsteeler
05-09-2009, 07:23 PM
If anyone's interested, the Pens AHL affiliate Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins are winning their game against the Caps' affiliate Hershey Bears 2-1.

W-B/Scranton is my hometown team so I'm following their game on the radio (I couldn't make it to the game) as I'm watching Pittsburgh's game.

Gotta love Playoff hockey.

SteelCityMan786
05-09-2009, 07:26 PM
If anyone's interested, the Pens AHL affiliate Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins are winning their game against the Caps' affiliate Hershey Bears 2-1.

W-B/Scranton is my hometown team so I'm following their game on the radio as I'm watching Pittsburgh's game.

Gotta love Playoff hockey.

Yep you do. Good Work so far by the Baby Pens!!!!

LETS GO PENS!!!

HometownGal
05-09-2009, 07:26 PM
Pens have to keep the pressure on Varlamov like they did last night. Couple of close calls there - damn, I thought that shot by Sid was in.

Thanks for keeping us posted, NEPA! :drink:

NEPAsteeler
05-09-2009, 07:27 PM
Yep you do. Good Work so far by the Baby Pens!!!!

LETS GO PENS!!!

Baby Pens now ahead 3-1.

Let's Go Pens!

HometownGal
05-09-2009, 07:28 PM
Damn it. Too many men on the ice.

HometownGal
05-09-2009, 07:29 PM
DAMN IT. Penalty costs the Pens dearly.

SteelCityMan786
DON'T GIVE THEM A DAMN FREE CHANCE AT A GOAL!!!!

Gill is in the Doghouse.

NEPAsteeler
And the Caps score again. :mad:

SteelCityMan786
05-09-2009, 07:32 PM
Come on Pens. Relax and GO PLAY YOUR GAME!!!!!

HometownGal
05-09-2009, 07:35 PM
Nothing like hauling Malkin down and not getting a penalty. :jerkit: The refs just aren't calling much on the Caps tonight.

NEPAsteeler
05-09-2009, 07:36 PM
Nothing like hauling Malkin down and not getting a penalty. :jerkit: The refs just aren't calling much on the Caps tonight.

Glad I'm not the only who's noticed that. Damn refs.

NEPAsteeler
05-09-2009, 07:40 PM
The Baby Pens are winning their game 3-1 in Wilkes-Barre going into the 3rd Period. Now if only the big Pens can get it done.

Let's Go Pens!

ShutDown24
05-09-2009, 07:40 PM
I wish I could watch so bad.

Anywhere I can listen online? The only way I get to watch games are if I go to the Igloo or a friend’s house (Barring an NBC showing). Unfortunately and obviously neither were possible tonight. Sometimes I absolutely hate Dish network.

OneForTheToe
05-09-2009, 07:44 PM

If OV pullled out a Kalishnikov and shot Geno would he get a two minute penalty?:noidea:

Edman
05-09-2009, 07:45 PM
Our inability to finish against the Caps is what killed us in Games One and Two. Can't believe this is happening again.

OneForTheToe
05-09-2009, 07:48 PM
I wish I could watch so bad.

Anywhere I can listen online? The only way I get to watch games are if I go to the Igloo or a friendís house (Barring an NBC showing). Unfortunately and obviously neither were possible tonight. Sometimes I absolutely hate Dish network.

I sent you a PM with a link.

ShutDown24
05-09-2009, 07:52 PM
I sent you a PM with a link.

Thanks a ton. Watching the regular season on Gamecast is horrible. Doing it in the playoffs is torture.

HometownGal
05-09-2009, 07:54 PM
If OV pullled out a Kalishnikov and shot Geno would he get a two minute penalty?:noidea:

Sadly, no. He would just say "it vas a accident".

FEDOTENKO SCORES!!!!! Game tied at 2.

NEPAsteeler
Game tied 2-2!

Let's Go Pens!!! :tt03:

HometownGal
WOW!!! Tank has been having a great series against the Craps. That was a HUGE goal! What an awesome shot! :applaudit::hatsoff:

SteelCityMan786
05-09-2009, 07:55 PM
GREAT GOAL BY TANK!!

Edman
05-09-2009, 07:55 PM
Alright! We can steal this now! Let's go Pens!

HometownGal
05-09-2009, 07:56 PM
Anyone notice that when any of our players even go near O-fore-skin, the Caps fans boo like little :sissies:

NEPAsteeler
05-09-2009, 07:57 PM
Anyone notice that when any of our players even go near O-fore-skin, the Caps fans boo like little :sissies:

God forbid we go near their little boy.

ShutDown24
05-09-2009, 08:00 PM
:applaudit::applaudit::applaudit:

Ruslan :hug:

NEPAsteeler
05-09-2009, 08:02 PM
3-2

LET'S GO PENS!!!!!

ShutDown24
05-09-2009, 08:02 PM
W00T!