05-09-2009, 09:05 PM
YEEEEEEHAWWWW!!!!

What a comeback!

Suck it Capitals!

Easy, it's not over yet.

HometownGal
05-09-2009, 09:06 PM
Easy, it's not over yet.

Exactly. I'm sure as hell not going to take the Craps for granted here.

NEPAsteeler
05-09-2009, 09:07 PM
This thing ain't over till the clock reaches zero. Anything can still happen.

On that note... Let's Go Pens!

SteelCityMan786
05-09-2009, 09:09 PM
Exactly. I'm sure as hell not going to take the Craps for granted here.

You and I know as well as anyone that these are the playoffs and anything can happen. The Penguins have fought back, are the Capitals now up to the challenge???

HometownGal
05-09-2009, 09:13 PM
You and I know as well as anyone that these are the playoffs and anything can happen. The Penguins have fought back, are the Capitals now up to the challenge??

Yep - we sure do buddy.

Still a ton of time left and the Caps are going to bring it in these next 8+ minutes. Make no mistake about that.

HometownGal
05-09-2009, 09:14 PM
I guess it's legal for Fleischmann to whack Scuds in the back repeatedly with his stick.

HometownGal
05-09-2009, 09:17 PM
Under 6 to go. :hope: :hope: :hope:

SteelCityMan786
05-09-2009, 09:17 PM
Yep - we sure do buddy.

Still a ton of time left and the Caps are going to bring it in these next 8+ minutes. Make no mistake about that.

Yeah, and the Penguins will to.

Edman
05-09-2009, 09:18 PM
Hold on you guys.

Five Minutes to go!

HometownGal
05-09-2009, 09:22 PM
JESUS CHRIST. :mad: :mad: :mad:

SteelCityMan786
COME ON GUYS!!! HELP FLEURY OUT!!!

NEPAsteeler
Blahhhhhhhh :banging: :mad:

KeiselPower99
Damn its tied again

ShutDown24
05-09-2009, 09:23 PM
Son of a!

OneForTheToe
05-09-2009, 09:23 PM
You could see that coming. Fleury can only stop so many point blank shots.

ShutDown24
05-09-2009, 09:24 PM
Seems like we've missed Gonch a bit?

Edman
05-09-2009, 09:25 PM
WTF Man!!!

SteelCityMan786
05-09-2009, 09:26 PM
Come on guys. Relax. YOU CAN SCORE THE 4TH GOAL!!!

HometownGal
05-09-2009, 09:29 PM
We're going to OT folks. Damn.

ShutDown24
05-09-2009, 09:29 PM
Come on Pens! Win it in OT!

NEPAsteeler
05-09-2009, 09:30 PM
OT, here we come.

Let's Go Pens!!!

And again, if anyone's interested, The Baby Pens in Wilkes-Barre just won their game 4-1.

HometownGal
05-09-2009, 09:30 PM
Seems like we've missed Gonch a bit?

Just a tad. :wink02:

Pens have played soooooo hard tonight when I'm sure they're dead tired from last night.

OneForTheToe
05-09-2009, 09:31 PM
As was noted on FSN, the Pens have been good at the beginning of periods.

ShutDown24
05-09-2009, 09:32 PM
Pens have played soooooo hard tonight when I'm sure they're dead tired from last night.

Absolutely :tt02:

Edman
05-09-2009, 09:33 PM
We left too much time on the clock for the Capitals to take shots.

Oh well, we can still steal this game in Overtime. Here's to a repeat of 1996.

HometownGal
05-09-2009, 09:44 PM
This OT is going to be crazy. Hang on!

LETS GO PENS!!!! :tt03:

ShutDown24
So I'm listening to the game, I leave the room for a minute, come back in and hear a very passionate “GOAL!!!" (It's the Washington broadcast) so I'm like having a heart attack when I realize it was a recap. Can we start OT please?

NEPAsteeler
Alrighty folks... here we go.

Let's Go Pens!!

HometownGal
05-09-2009, 09:46 PM
WTF???????? Crosby should be awarded a penalty shot for Christ's sake!!!! :mad: :mad:

tony hipchest
05-09-2009, 09:46 PM
holy shit! what a 2 possession start to OT! :jawdrop:

NEPAsteeler
05-09-2009, 09:47 PM
Wow... what a way to start OT

ShutDown24
05-09-2009, 09:47 PM
Alright!!! Let's finish them on the PP!

HometownGal
05-09-2009, 09:48 PM
I'd rather have the PP than Malkin on penalty shot.

LETS GO PENS - let end it here!!! :hope: :hope: :hope:

NEPAsteeler
05-09-2009, 09:48 PM
LET'S

GO

PENS!!!!!

ShutDown24
05-09-2009, 09:50 PM
GENO!!!!

YES!!!!!!!!
YES!!!!!!!!
YES!!!!!!!!
YES!!!!!!!!
YES!!!!!!!!
YES!!!!!!!!
YES!!!!!!!!
YES!!!!!!!!

NEPAsteeler
05-09-2009, 09:51 PM
GOOOOAAAAAALLLLLLLL!

GGGEEEEENNNNOOOOOOOOOO

HometownGal
GEEEEEEEEEEEEENNNNNNNNNNOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!

WOOOO HOOOOOO!!!!! :banana: :banana: :hatsoff:

tony hipchest
what a shot!

we were owed that one!

pittsburghp8baller
05-09-2009, 09:52 PM
HE SCORES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

tony hipchest
oh shit. it was a deflection offa washington stick. i thought it was a pass to 87.

anyways malkin deserved that for being tripped.

Edman
EAT SHIT CAPS!!!!!

GENO FOR THE WIN!!!

SteelCityMan786
05-09-2009, 09:53 PM
WOOOOOOOOOOOOO HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! WHAT A GAME AND WHAT A GOAL!!!!

Alright now, 1 game left to win. LETS GO PENS!!!

HometownGal
05-09-2009, 09:54 PM
Which Caps' player's stick did that shot go off? Couldn't see it clearly.

ShutDown24
That exhilarating even if I only got audio! Lets go Pens!

NEPAsteeler
The next game is in Pittsburgh, right?

HometownGal
05-09-2009, 09:55 PM
The next game is in Pittsburgh, right?

Yep. Monday night.

NEPAsteeler
05-09-2009, 09:56 PM
Yep. Monday night.

Good deal. Thanks! :thumbsup:

OneForTheToe
05-09-2009, 09:56 PM
I was just about to post this:

Our power play :banging:

Never mind:laughing:

Kiss my @ss Caps fans, who will inevitably complain about the noncall in front of the Pens' net (which was a penalty) .The Caps clearly got the benefit of most of the calls (or noncalls) in this game.

SteelCityMan786
05-09-2009, 09:57 PM
Which Caps' player's stick did that shot go off? Couldn't see it clearly.

It was Poti.

KeiselPower99
Way to keep fighting back guys. Lets finish this thing Monday. P.S. Ovechkin is a prick.

Edman
One more game to win. If the Pens do it in Game 6, It will be the third time the Caps opened up with a series lead only to lose it.

The Capitals' 90's playoff demons are coming out to haunt them.

HometownGal
05-09-2009, 09:58 PM
Aren't Mr. and Mrs. Malkin just adorable? I just wanna hug 'em! :hug:

HometownGal
05-09-2009, 09:58 PM
I think Backstrom.

Could have been, but I didn't see that 8 ft. of blonde girlie curls hanging out of the helmet. :chuckle:

X-Terminator
05-09-2009, 09:59 PM
I was just about to post this:

Never mind:laughing:

Kiss my @ss Caps fans whi will complain about the noncall in front of the Pens' net (which was a penalty) .The Caps clearly got the benefit of most of the calls (or noncalls) in this game.

Yeah, Caps fans actually do have a right to be pissed at the refs this time. How in the world does the ref blow that call when he's standing in the near corner and looking right at it? Believe me, I'll certainly take it, but that was just brutal.

X-Terminator
05-09-2009, 10:00 PM
I think Backstrom.

It was Tom Poti's stick it went off of.

SteelCityMan786
05-09-2009, 10:01 PM
It was Tom Poti's stick it went off of.

Post was edited to reflect that. :thumbsup:

HometownGal
05-09-2009, 10:03 PM
Yeah, Caps fans actually do have a right to be pissed at the refs this time. How in the world does the ref blow that call when he's standing in the near corner and looking right at it? Believe me, I'll certainly take it, but that was just brutal.

Well - they sure missed a couple of very blatant calls against the Caps tonight, as well. O-fore-skin nailed Malkin at the end of the 2nd and no call was made - McCreary was standing right there. Crosby was hauled down and no call. It went both ways. The Caps fans have nothing to be pissed off about.

HometownGal
05-09-2009, 10:11 PM
From the Caps BB:

If the Caps bothered to show up for more than 5-10% of the series, then maybe, just maybe the crappy reffing comes into play. But not until then.

Congrats Caps: Mario owned you repeatedly. Then Jagr owned you repeatedly. Then Jagr put on your jersey and owned you yet again. Now Crosby owns you. Fess up Caps: you're not in this for the hockey at all, are you?

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

X-Terminator
05-09-2009, 10:11 PM
Well - they sure missed a couple of very blatant calls against the Caps tonight, as well. O-fore-skin nailed Malkin at the end of the 2nd and no call was made - McCreary was standing right there. Crosby was hauled down and no call. It went both ways. The Caps fans have nothing to be pissed off about.

The Caveman call was definitely blown - he all but tackled Malkin but no call from McCreary. But if you're talking about Crosby's play in OT, I thought that was a clean play. I do know if the Pens were on the receiving end of that blown call before the goal, I'd be screaming bloody murder. But again, I'll certainly take it, and given that I'm still pissed over Captain Caveman not getting any punishment at all for his cheap shot on Sarge, while I think they have a beef, I have no sympathy for them.

HometownGal
05-09-2009, 10:23 PM
But if you're talking about Crosby's play in OT, I thought that was a clean play. I do know if the Pens were on the receiving end of that blown call before the goal, I'd be screaming bloody murder. But again, I'll certainly take it, and given that I'm still pissed over Captain Caveman not getting any punishment at all for his cheap shot on Sarge, while I think they have a beef, I have no sympathy for them.

Most of the Caps fans in this thread aren't complaining about that call or the reffing in general tonight. :noidea:

http://boards.washingtoncaps.com/index.php?showtopic=87250

X-Terminator
05-09-2009, 10:28 PM
Most of the Caps fans in this thread aren't complaining about that call or the reffing in general tonight. :noidea:

http://boards.washingtoncaps.com/index.php?showtopic=87250

I just read it, and I'm shocked :jawdrop: I thought there would be much gnashing of teeth over that non-call. Surprisingly, even Bruce Boudreau was gracious in defeat - he did not complain about the refs.

Dodt
05-09-2009, 10:54 PM
makes me wish i had off for mondays game.

stlrtruck
05-09-2009, 11:26 PM
What a beautiful game tonight. Definitely the best of the series to date. The only thing better will be sitting down Monday night to watch the sweep!!

Fire Haley
05-10-2009, 12:30 AM
Yep That was great playoff hockey, definitely the best of the bunch so far.

So many chances and to win it on a fluke goal -the perfect way to shock the Caps and see them choke away a 2-0 lead on their home ice. I like that stat they showed where the team taking a 3-2 series lead wins it 80% of the time.

devilsdancefloor
05-10-2009, 01:19 AM
hawks up 3-2 and are going home hopefully to wrap the series up!! it was a really good game tonight! the hawks played very well! i want the ducks to win so we so we can play them! i wanna see that chump pronger get his *** handed to him. plus i hates the dead wings!

tony hipchest
05-10-2009, 01:20 AM
I like that stat they showed where the team taking a 3-2 series lead wins it 80% of the time.

:yep: the stat that had me biting my nails was that every team that scored 1st in this series had lost.

this has been a very fun series to watch with all the back 'n forth and unpredictability. if this dont bring new fans or national interrest back to the nhl, i dont know what will.

Galax Steeler
05-10-2009, 07:33 AM
Way to go Pens keep up the good work.

stlrtruck
05-10-2009, 10:10 AM
I'm just curious (and think I may have already posed the question), but is it still considered a sweep if you spot the other team 2 games and take the next 4?

Fire Haley
05-10-2009, 10:36 AM
Bad karma. Don't jinx them now - they haven't won the 4th game yet.

SteelCityMan786
05-10-2009, 10:59 AM
I'm just curious (and think I may have already posed the question), but is it still considered a sweep if you spot the other team 2 games and take the next 4?

No it's not. It's just a sweep of the last 4 games if that were to happen.

Lets not get a head of our selves though. 60 Minutes more still need to be played if the 4th will becoming the Penguins way tomorrow.

Fire Haley
05-10-2009, 11:31 AM
The Pens are by no means outta the woods just yet.

At some point losing your #1 defenseman will hurt you. They are running on emotion right now, with the home crowd and a demoralized Caps team, that should be enough to squeeze out another nail-biter.

SteelCityMan786
05-10-2009, 11:59 AM
The Pens are by no means outta the woods just yet.

At some point losing your #1 defenseman will hurt you. They are running on emotion right now, with the home crowd and a demoralized Caps team, that should be enough to squeeze out another nail-biter.

As far as I am concerned, nobody's out of the woods yet. These playoffs have been the most exciting to watch in some time.

Fire Haley
05-10-2009, 12:32 PM
These playoffs have been the most exciting to watch in some time.

Yeah - but I'm ready for a blow-out !- 7-1 Pens

It still sucks we are crippled for the rest of the games.

HometownGal
05-10-2009, 02:19 PM

I'd love a blowout of the Caps too, but in all reality, don't think that's going to happen. The Caps, like us, have a lot of offensive firepower. Their achilles heel, from what I can see, is their D. I think we trump them in that department, even without Serg. I think we've found a way to get in Varlamov's head and that's a good thing headed into Game 6 on home ice. :thumbsup:

The Caps will battle us hard tomorrow, I have no doubt about it. If the Pens can stay the course and play with the emotion and drive they've displayed in the last couple of games, I see no reason why they can't and won't win and move on to the ECF.

LETS GO PENS! :tt03:

SteelCityMan786
05-10-2009, 03:19 PM
I'd love a blowout of the Caps too, but in all reality, don't think that's going to happen. The Caps, like us, have a lot of offensive firepower. Their achilles heel, from what I can see, is their D. I think we trump them in that department, even without Serg. I think we've found a way to get in Varlamov's head and that's a good thing headed into Game 6 on home ice. :thumbsup:

The Caps will battle us hard tomorrow, I have no doubt about it. If the Pens can stay the course and play with the emotion and drive they've displayed in the last couple of games, I see no reason why they can't and won't win and move on to the ECF.

Not to mention if big Brother Eric's boys work their magic, it could be home ice for the Penguins.

Fire Haley
05-10-2009, 03:21 PM
Here's a nice little read...

Karma Goes Against Caps

By Michael Smith

It's not exactly news that Don Cherry has made a career out of controversy. He has spouted out so much with such frequency that he's become the flamboyantly-dressed loudmouth who cried “wolf”.

Or "Russian".

It's difficult to take him seriously, but every now and then, after weeding through the jingoistic ranting and raving, there's an occasional bit of truth to be found. Seriously.

On Coach's Corner back in March, Cherry tried to reason with Alex Ovechkin, the hubristic phenom who then riled up the hockey world with a showy 50th-goal celebration.

"You should be a role model," he told Alex. "You don't need to [play] like this. You're above stuff like that. You're the best hockey player playing today. Have a little class and do it right."

At the time it was easy to file this away with all of the former coach’s other between-periods diatribes. Grapes spent weeks ripping Ovechkin for over-the-top celebrations, and this just seemed like another unnecessary assault for not fitting Cherry's mild-mannered Canadian farmboy ideal.

Alex’s displays always seemed like pure passion bursting to the surface, not taunting, not unsportsmanlike, but just raw excitement too strong to contain.

In isolation, maybe they are, but evidence to the contrary has piled up.

After the Capitals beat New York in Game 3 of the opening round, which cut the shameful 2-0 series deficit to the Rangers in half, Ovechkin and Nicklas Backstrom skated out to center ice to celebrate.

Had the Rangers won, it’s here that the team would gather with sticks raised to thank the Madison Square Garden crowd. The two Capitals, well aware of the Blueshirt tradition, did their own version of a stick salute, complete with leaping chest-bump, to the displeasure of the remaining fans.

A little much for the circumstances, isn’t it?

Flash forward to Game 2 of the Penguins-Capitals series. No one can deny Ovechkin was phenomenal, notching the hat trick in an epic duel with Sidney Crosby. His skill isn’t in question. How could it be? His character, though, is another story.

After his third goal, the cameras caught Alex on the bench singing along with the “Hey Song”, adding the 'You [not-so-family-friendly word omitted]!' portion that some fanbases like to include in the lyrics. Maybe Alex doesn’t know his NHL history too well, but bursting into song to taunt your opponents hasn’t always gone well.

In the 1982 playoffs, the top-seeded Edmonton Oilers drew the Los Angeles Kings in the opening round. The Kings were miserable that year, making the playoffs by some minor miracle, while the Oilers were dominant, right on the cusp of becoming the greatest dynasty in League history.

In Game 3, with the series tied at one, Edmonton raced out to a five-goal lead. With the game seemingly well in hand, the Oilers mocked the Kings’ struggles and broke out into song on their bench.

That night is referred to as the “Miracle on Manchester”. Forgettable blowouts don’t get nicknames, by the way.

The Kings rattled off five third-period goals and Daryl Evans netted the game-winner in overtime to beat the Oilers in the single greatest comeback in playoff history.

Edmonton never recovered. The Kings went on to win the first-to-three series in five games.

Think the members of that Oilers team believe in karma?

The latest incident came in Game 4 and it’s probably the ugliest of the bunch. Anyone who’s ever had someone stick out a knee to take them down on the ice knows that what Ovechkin did to Sergei Gonchar was not only dirty, it was undeniably intentional. It’s a completely dishonorable play, but it’s par for the course lately.

On more than one occasion Cherry warned that this profanityfilterprofanityfilterprofanityfilterprofa nityfilteriness would catch up to the Capitals superstar. He probably imagined it would come in the form of a strapping defenseman from Saskatchewan blasting Ovechkin through the plexiglass, but even though that hasn’t happened yet, he was still right.

It has all caught up to Alex.

He needs a reminder that he’s a great one, not The Great One, and he won’t ever come close with all the negativity he’s firing out into the world. If there’s any justice, Crosby will lift a Cup before Ovechkin gets anywhere near one.

If when this series ends Alex wonders why he’s headed home, hopefully a coach or a veteran teammate pulls him aside for a chat.

It wasn’t because the Simeon Varlamov finally let in some soft goals.

It wasn’t because of Mike Green’s late check-in to the Stanley Cup Playoffs, though that was a factor.

It’s because Don was right, Alex.

Karma is a bad thing to have going against you in springtime.

Fire Haley
05-10-2009, 03:55 PM
http://i215.photobucket.com/albums/cc283/usagold/-1_copy.jpg

Edman
05-10-2009, 05:07 PM
Ovechkin won't be the face of the league or become a beloved player until he learns some humility. He needs to realize that you can celebrate without being an ass. Ovechdick as of this point, is a goon with a shot.

No one will deny that he's good. I won't deny that he's good, but I still don't like the bastard and what he brings to the game. He brings showboating and poor sportsmanship.

I hope and pray the Pens win Monday. Ovechkin and those jerkass Crap fans don't deserve a shot at the cup.

pittsburghp8baller
05-10-2009, 05:25 PM
hawks up 3-2 and are going home hopefully to wrap the series up!! it was a really good game tonight! the hawks played very well! i want the ducks to win so we so we can play them! i wanna see that chump pronger get his *** handed to him. plus i hates the dead wings!

congrats on being up 3-2, ive been routing for the Hawks in both of their series. Im hoping for a Ducks/Blackhawks Conference Final as well, i think that could be a great matchup. Both teams have some of the top defensive units in the NHL. You guys padded them even further by giving them Wisniewski who has been a real big part of there team (who takes a shot to the chest, bruising there lung and finishes his shift).

As for the Karma thing, someone should send that to OV along with a picture of a real big middle finger. The guy is an incredible player, but he has lost just about all respect from those in the NHL. Those who are still defending him are either blinded by there Capital Bandwagon shades, or Bettman personally makes there pockets bigger to do so

Fire Haley
05-10-2009, 05:55 PM
I saved the OT and have to watch it again.

I remember one thing from that game - Hal Gill is slower than snail snot.

pittsburghp8baller
05-10-2009, 06:48 PM
I saved the OT and have to watch it again.

I remember one thing from that game - Hal Gill is slower than snail snot.

im pretty sure that statement is insulting to snail snot

rbryan
05-10-2009, 09:45 PM
Cmon....Gill has been a key player all year not to mention this series. 3 games in 4 nights in the NHL playoffs??? I'm moving slow just thinking about it.

Both teams have played lights out. I can't find much to complain about.

pittsburghp8baller
05-10-2009, 10:17 PM
Cmon....Gill has been a key player all year not to mention this series. 3 games in 4 nights in the NHL playoffs??? I'm moving slow just thinking about it.

Both teams have played lights out. I can't find much to complain about.

i dont think either of us were saying Gill sucked, i was just saying he is without a doubt the slowest guy on the team, probably the whole NHL.

thats the tradeoff of being 6'7 though, the only guy i can remember that had pretty good skating ability at that size was Eric Daze but he was softer than Ryan Whitney was. Gill is a great asset to us and has done a great job playing against some of the top scorers. He has a tendency to get caught flat footed no less than once a game though and If it wasnt for his 30 foot stick he probably would not be in the NHL. But since he does have a 30 foot stick i am glad he is on our team

Steel Head
05-10-2009, 10:25 PM
Ovechkin is a piece of trash

that is all

X-Terminator
05-10-2009, 11:25 PM
i dont think either of us were saying Gill sucked, i was just saying he is without a doubt the slowest guy on the team, probably the whole NHL.

thats the tradeoff of being 6'7 though, the only guy i can remember that had pretty good skating ability at that size was Eric Daze but he was softer than Ryan Whitney was. Gill is a great asset to us and has done a great job playing against some of the top scorers. He has a tendency to get caught flat footed no less than once a game though and If it wasnt for his 30 foot stick he probably would not be in the NHL. But since he does have a 30 foot stick i am glad he is on our team

Big Z, Zdeno Chara, can skate way better than Gill can, and he's 6'9". But yeah, having a 747 wingspan does make up for his slower-than-frozen-molasses skating ability.

As for Capt. Caveman, his karma will only come back to him if the Pens get the job done tomorrow night. So make your sacrifices to the Hockey Gods tomorrow, so that They may properly smite that piece of trash.

OneForTheToe
05-11-2009, 01:36 AM

If the Pen's do get up 7-1 in this game, Versus may have to attach a TV mature label to the broadcast because "There will be Blood."

There is a boiling cauldrin of emotion on both sides that is being kept down, because neither team wants it too cost them the series. If thios series is ever "over" with time to spare look out.

pittsburghp8baller
05-11-2009, 01:44 AM
If the Pen's do get up 7-1 in this game, Versus may have to attach a TV mature label to the broadcast because "There will be Blood."

There is a boiling cauldrin of emotion on both sides that is being kept down, because neither team wants it too cost them the series. If thios series is ever "over" with time to spare look out.

It is possible that things boil over anyways with the return of Brashear in there lineup, you know dam well that he is gonna wanna make his mark in the series

HometownGal
05-11-2009, 08:15 AM
I wasn't overly thrilled when Gill landed with the Pens but he played great in last year's postseason and I quickly warmed up to him. I thought he had a better than average regular season and thus far in these playoffs, has played well. :thumbsup: Yes - he is slower than a turtle, but his solid play negates that aspect of his game.

Since Brashear is back tonight, I wonder if we'll see Godard in the lineup?

I sooo want to send Sir Caveman and the Caps packing tonight. Pens are going to need to bring their A+ game again as I'm sure the Caps will be bringing theirs, along with their desparation game.

LETS GO PENS!!!! :tt03:

stlrtruck
05-11-2009, 08:29 AM
I'm not trying to jinx the team, besides I'll shave tonight when I get home. Strange how a playoff beard works for me during football season but not so much for hockey!

Anyway, my question was just a bit of trash talking and I'm fully aware that the capitals are not an easy opponent to dismantle. Especially when facing elimination. I'm hoping that tonight's crowd gets on him early and often and that whoever is assigned to guard him, also punishes him!

Steel Head
05-11-2009, 08:36 AM
Since Brashear is back tonight, I wonder if we'll see Godard in the lineup?

I 100% think we should most definitely dress Goddard and let him tee off on that scumbag Brashear

4th line of Adams, Satan (playing great) and Goddard will do just fine

Fire Haley
05-11-2009, 11:56 AM
My brain can't handle a Game 7.

Please end it tonight.

Sid and Malkin, Malkin and Sid - we need a big game from at least one of them.

Keep the mini-revival of Feds and Satan going for one more game. Who knows, Kunitz might even wake up.

stlrtruck
05-11-2009, 01:21 PM

Please end it tonight.

Keep the mini-revival of Feds and Satan going for one more game. Who knows, Kunitz might even wake up.

Let Staal have some fun too. How about tonight be the perfect game? Malkin and Sid play like Mario in days of old, Fleury go stone wall, and someone knock Ovechkin out so hard (with a clean hit of course) that he sees penguins with hockey sticks for the next 4 months!

And PENS win 6-0!

trauben
05-11-2009, 02:59 PM
As long as it goes in the "W" column and we move onto the next series, I don't give a :poop: how they pull it out.:tt02:

SteelersinCA
05-11-2009, 03:02 PM
As long as it goes in the "W" column and we move onto the next series, I don't give a :poop: how they pull it out.:tt02:

I feel the same way, but it would great to see Ovechkin get demolished.

HometownGal
05-11-2009, 04:08 PM
I feel the same way, but it would great to see Ovechkin get demolished.

I feel the same way. :thumbsup::applaudit:

Don't care how they do it, just as long as they GET 'R DONE!!!

Steelman16
05-11-2009, 04:22 PM
Should be a good game tonight! :tt03:

Fire Haley
05-11-2009, 06:01 PM
I am The Oracle - ask me anything.

tony hipchest
05-11-2009, 07:03 PM
what do you think of crosby's patchwork kidstache?
good luck, indeed?

Steelman16
05-11-2009, 07:04 PM
what do you think of crosby's patchwork kidstache?
good luck, indeed?

He certainly doesn't offer much in the facial hair department. :chuckle:

HometownGal
05-11-2009, 07:06 PM
He certainly doesn't offer much in the facial hair department. :chuckle:

Max makes up for it! :chuckle:

Opening faceoff to start in a few!

LETS GO PENS!! :tt03:

HometownGal
05-11-2009, 07:07 PM
We have a BAD series of T-storms moving through the Burgh. I'm sure all of the fans who went down to watch the game outside of the arena are pissed. They won't run that big TV with these storms going on.

tony hipchest
05-11-2009, 07:11 PM
score first or not?

i say DO IT!

screw the trend.

Steelman16
05-11-2009, 07:17 PM
GOAL!!!!

HometownGal
05-11-2009, 07:17 PM
SCOOOOOOOREEEEE!!!! Billy G makes it 1-0 Pens! :tt03::applaudit::hatsoff:

Steelman16
05-11-2009, 07:18 PM
Pens playing some good hockey right now. :tt03:

tony hipchest
05-11-2009, 07:18 PM
what a beautiful break away and assist.

HometownGal
05-11-2009, 07:19 PM
Got to keep firing on Varlamov and make him skittish in that net.

fordfan485
05-11-2009, 07:21 PM
this is profanityfilterprofanityfilterprofanityfilterprofa nityfiltering pissing me off, why in the world is this game blacked out for me, i live in freaking va beach, va

HometownGal
05-11-2009, 07:25 PM
PP Pens! Make it count guyz!

HometownGal
05-11-2009, 07:29 PM
this is profanityfilterprofanityfilterprofanityfilterprofa nityfiltering pissing me off, why in the world is this game blacked out for me, i live in freaking va beach, va

That totally sucks fordfan. It's on FSN here in Pittsburgh.

5 on 3 for the Pens! MAKE IT COUNT!!!!

HometownGal
05-11-2009, 07:30 PM
Steckel snaked Sid into a penalty. Ughhh.

SteelCityMan786
05-11-2009, 07:34 PM
Great Goal by Guerin.

This stat pretty much is alarming and rare.

Shots on Goal
Pittsburgh 17, Washington 3.

Wow, I guess they're really cracking the code with this Varlamov. Too early to say it's definant.

fordfan485
05-11-2009, 07:39 PM
Well im finally calming down found out the game is not on versus for me cause the game is on the comcast sports channel, sucks that it isnt in hd though... GO PENS!

HometownGal
05-11-2009, 07:41 PM
As usual, Ovechkin getting away with murder. :rolleyes:

Edman
05-11-2009, 07:43 PM
The game is blacked out where I am. I can't watch it.

I'm pleased with the Pens fast start, though.

HometownGal
05-11-2009, 07:43 PM
Nice dive by Semin. :jerkit:

HometownGal
05-11-2009, 07:45 PM
Great 1st by the Pens!!! Totally outskated, outsmarted and outplayed the Caps. 18 SOG to 5 and 10-8 in faceoffs. :banana:

7/39/43
05-11-2009, 07:55 PM

Please end it tonight.

Brain can handle anything it's the heart I went for a stress test last week
they should of just hooked the EKG while I was watching a PENS game:tt03::tt03::tt03::tt03::tt03::tt03::tt03::tt0 3::tt03::tt03::tt03:

HometownGal
05-11-2009, 07:57 PM
Correction - 18 shots for the Pens to 5 for the Craps. :applaudit::tt03:

HometownGal
05-11-2009, 08:10 PM
Koslov scores for the Caps. We're tied at 1. DAMN,.

Steelman16
05-11-2009, 08:12 PM
Ugh. Poor stretch here.

C'mon Pens, step it up!

SteelCityMan786
05-11-2009, 08:16 PM
Come on Pens. Just as they tied it up, you can take the lead back.

Steelman16
05-11-2009, 08:25 PM
DANG!

HometownGal
05-11-2009, 08:26 PM
DAMN IT. That is all.

Crushzilla
05-11-2009, 08:26 PM
Got them riiiight where we want them. :sofunny:

Tying it before the end of the period would be huge (understatement).

HometownGal
05-11-2009, 08:27 PM
I totally believe in this team. They'll get it back. :thumbsup:

SteelCityMan786
05-11-2009, 08:29 PM
I totally believe in this team. They'll get it back. :thumbsup:

:drink: You and me both.

The Penguins have come back before and they can do it AGAIN!!!

HometownGal
05-11-2009, 08:32 PM
Pens on PP again. WE NEED A GOAL HERE GUYS!!!!!

Great play by Scuds on the Caveman. :thumbsup:

Steelman16
05-11-2009, 08:33 PM
LET'S GO!!

Steelman16
05-11-2009, 08:34 PM
GOAL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:tt03:

HometownGal
WOOOO HOOOOO!!!!! Goal by Eaton! :banana: :banana:

Crushzilla
What a beautiful thing.

Eaton

http://kissingsuzykolber.uproxx.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/05/animated_siren.gif

That's all it takes... the Caps were KILLING us on that PP

HometownGal
05-11-2009, 08:38 PM
the Caps were KILLING us on that PP

Yes they sure were. That goal was a HUGE momentum booster. Gonna be a wild 3rd I think. :tt03:

HometownGal
05-11-2009, 08:40 PM
Scuds is being interviewed on FSN right now. That is one guy who plays hard and gives 150% each and every game. He's definitely one of the Pens secret weapons on D and a guy who I don't think ever gets the props he so richly deserves. :hatsoff:

tony hipchest
05-11-2009, 08:40 PM
if this series has shown anything, its that its won in the third (or later).

i expect nothing different, tonight. atleast 3 more goals will be scored.

SteelCityMan786
05-11-2009, 08:52 PM
Nice Work By Eaton.

Now 20 Minutes is left

LETS GO PENS!!!

SCSTILLER
05-11-2009, 08:52 PM
Was glad to see that goal by Eaton! The Caps were killing that PP, and even at full strength they looked like they were on the PP! Hopefully Tony is right and the three goals all come from guys named Crosby, Guerin, and Staal, with many assists coming from Malkin! That would work

HometownGal
05-11-2009, 08:53 PM
LETS GO PENS!!!! Send 'em packin'!

SCSTILLER
05-11-2009, 08:53 PM
Oh, and would someone PLEASE put Ovechkin on his Arse, and hard!

HometownGal
05-11-2009, 08:58 PM
Pens third line has been awesome again tonight.

HometownGal
05-11-2009, 08:58 PM
Pens again on PP!!! LETS GO PENS!!!

HometownGal
05-11-2009, 08:59 PM
WOOOO HOOOOO!!!!!! Letang fires it in!!! Pens up 3-2!!!!

Steelman16
LETANG! GOAL!

pittsburghp8baller
THATS MY BOY LETANG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

hell ya, Caps station are whinning about the penalty

Crushzilla
http://kissingsuzykolber.uproxx.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/05/animated_siren.gif

Thanks again, Kris Letang :tt02:

I-Want-Troy's-Hair
SCOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE EEE

:drink:

HometownGal
05-11-2009, 09:00 PM
Damn it. Pens gotta hold strong on this PK. :hope:

Steelman16
05-11-2009, 09:01 PM
Dang!

HometownGal
05-11-2009, 09:01 PM
SHIT.

It's OK - we'll get it back.

HometownGal
05-11-2009, 09:02 PM
They can't let any of the Caps screen Fleury like that. DAMN.

Steelman16
DANG!
DANG!
DANG!

HometownGal
WTF is happening here? Damn it Hal - let Fleury do his job!!!

SteelCityMan786
COME ON GUYS!!! DON'T GIVE UP!!!!

I-Want-Troy's-Hair
05-11-2009, 09:03 PM
WTF is happening here.

Crushzilla
Brutal. A lot of hockey left, but MAN how does that happen?

tony hipchest
Was glad to see that goal by Eaton! The Caps were killing that PP, and even at full strength they looked like they were on the PP! Hopefully Tony is right and the three goals all come from guys named Crosby, Guerin, and Staal, with many assists coming from Malkin! That would work

i knew the caps would quickly answer. i just didnt think it would be to the tune of 2 goals.

looks like another ot perhaps.

Steelman16
Tony was right - 3 goals so far.

SCSTILLER
Damnit Tony, there are alot of times that I hope you are wrong, and this is definitely one of those times!!!!!

fordfan485
05-11-2009, 09:06 PM
damnit why is it every freaking time we score the caps score about 10 seconds later, it has happend every single freaking game in the series

HometownGal
05-11-2009, 09:07 PM
WTF is happening here.

Caps 1st goal of the 3rd - one of the Caps players (didn't see #) was standing in front of Fleury blocking his view and on the second - Hal Gill had one foot in the net trying to block the shot and Fleury couldn't make the save.

tony hipchest
05-11-2009, 09:07 PM
Damnit Tony, there are alot of times that I hope you are wrong, and this is definitely one of those times!!!!!dont worry guys. i think this is one of the most back n forth series ive ever seen. we WILL tie it up. im predicting a win in OT (again)

tony hipchest
05-11-2009, 09:10 PM
damnit why is it every freaking time we score the caps score about 10 seconds later, it has happend every single freaking game in the seriesit sucks but ive come to expect it. :dang: but the pens have scored last more times than not! :tt03:

Crushzilla
05-11-2009, 09:13 PM
I love how Green can't get the puck away from Malkin in front of the net... So he just punches him in the back of the head.

The Pens are playing hard right now.

HometownGal
05-11-2009, 09:13 PM
Lots of time left in this game.

I BELIEVE! :tt03:

Steel Head
05-11-2009, 09:15 PM
Semin is a disgrace to the NHL

that was a blatant dive that got them the game tying goal

freakin embarassment

HometownGal
05-11-2009, 09:18 PM
A little under 6 minutes left. C'mon boyz - let's get one here. :hope: :hope: :hope:

SteelCityMan786
05-11-2009, 09:18 PM
Remember these words Penguins.

DON'T GIVE UP, DON'T EVER GIVE UP!!

Steelman16
05-11-2009, 09:22 PM
SID THE KID!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Crushzilla
05-11-2009, 09:22 PM
SID THE KID

pittsburghp8baller
05-11-2009, 09:23 PM
HE SCORES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

HELL YEA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

LETS GO PENS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sid is awesome around the net

tony hipchest
told you guys. now we face the daunting task of not allowing a goal in 4 minutes.

DO IT!

SCORE DAMMIT!

HometownGal
OMG - my heart is freakin' pounding!!!

HometownGal
05-11-2009, 09:25 PM
Thank you Tony! :wink02::drink:

Steelman16
05-11-2009, 09:26 PM
Wow, my heart is pounding!

SCSTILLER
05-11-2009, 09:27 PM
I need to take the dog for another walk, I missed it! Don't care, glad it is tied!

PP coming up, let's end this NOW!

HometownGal
PENS POWER PLAY!!!!! OMFG - we've GOT to take it here!! :hope: :hope:

Steelman16
PP!

tony hipchest
YESSSS! delay PP.

(i was getting nervous for the final 2.

thats a loooong time in this series.

HometownGal
05-11-2009, 09:30 PM
We're going to OT.

Gawd - has this game been a brawl or what?

LETS GO PENS!!

Steelman16
*breathes*

Wow. Dang. So close.

LET'S FINISH THIS PENS!

tony hipchest
holy shit.... what a final 2 minutes.

pens wanted it so bad and had alot of opportunities and some great puck handling.

this always spells well goint to OT

:tt02:

Steelman16
05-11-2009, 09:32 PM
Can't end a third without a good fight! :chuckle:

Steelman16
05-11-2009, 09:33 PM
Alright folks, I'm feelin' a Crosby goal here. He's been nothing short of determined lately.

Steel Head
this is insane

pittsburghp8baller
Capitals broadcasters were bitching like you wouldnt believe about that slash, but there were convinced that a hook could make Semin fall FORWARD.

another OT, LETS GO PENS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

HometownGal
05-11-2009, 09:34 PM
Where the hell is Timpleton when ya need him, huh? I could use a few shots of Old Turkey or Wild Turkey or whatever it is he drinks. :chuckle:

Steelman16
05-11-2009, 09:35 PM
Where the hell is Timpleton when ya need him, huh? I could use a few shots of Old Turkey or Wild Turkey or whatever it is he drinks. :chuckle:

:laughing:

7/39/43
05-11-2009, 09:37 PM
OT
here we go first 5 we're going to score
GO GUINS!!!

tony hipchest
05-11-2009, 09:39 PM
I need to take the dog for another walk, I missed it! Don't care, glad it is tied!

PP coming up, let's end this NOW!be sure to curb your dog if he takes an ovechkin.

Where the hell is Timpleton when ya need him, huh? I could use a few shots of Old Turkey or Wild Turkey or whatever it is he drinks. :chuckle: or a pint of MD20/20

HometownGal
05-11-2009, 09:47 PM
or a pint of MD20/20

:drink::wink02::chuckle:

Here we go!!!!! :banana:

HometownGal
05-11-2009, 09:53 PM
GREAT save by Fleury!!!

tony hipchest
05-11-2009, 09:53 PM
*CLANK*

worst sound when it misses.

great save by fleury!

tony hipchest
05-11-2009, 09:56 PM
MUST...

....SMOKE.

HometownGal
05-11-2009, 09:57 PM
SHIT. SHIT. SHIT.

Game 7 on Wednesday night.

What a game and I truly believe our Pens are going to take Game 7. :thumbsup:

I-Want-Troy's-Hair
05-11-2009, 09:57 PM
:banging:

tony hipchest
05-11-2009, 09:59 PM
MUST...

put out cigarette on my eyeballs!

:dang:

Steelman16
Disappointing outcome, but a whale of a game. Props to the Pens for fighting it out. Let's go win in Washington.

Edman
Back to Washington...:banging:

HometownGal
05-11-2009, 10:00 PM
Again - without Varlamov's stellar play throughout this series, we wouldn't have been playing Game #6 tonight much less going to Washington on Wednesday. The guy has played unbelievably well.

Edman
05-11-2009, 10:03 PM
I doesn't matter anymore though.

Game 7 is do or die for either team. This has been a very back and forth stressful series. At least it will all end on Wednesday.

I_Bleed_Black_And_Gold
05-11-2009, 10:05 PM
Fluery has been letting in a lot of soft goals since the Philly series. He was a monster against the Phliers and looks quite average now.

I hate sudden death games even more than sudden death OT, my heart is going to give out by the end of the playoffs...I just know it.

Also, at risk of sounding like a Caps fan, the officiating seemed extremely one-sided tonight. Did it not?

Hapa
05-11-2009, 10:09 PM
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!

tony hipchest
05-11-2009, 10:10 PM
Disappointing outcome, but a whale of a game. Props to the Pens for fighting it out. Let's go win in Washington.if nothing else, i hope the NHL reaps some benefits from this fantastic series.

the scary thing is, when we advance, the next 2 series get even tougher.

SteelCityMan786
05-11-2009, 10:13 PM
Remember folks, there is old saying.

"The harder the conflict, the sweeter the victory."

The Penguins have won a series on opposing waters before. They can do it again.

OneForTheToe
05-11-2009, 10:19 PM
Fluery has been letting in a lot of soft goals since the Philly series. He was a monster against the Phliers and looks quite average now.

I hate sudden death games even more than sudden death OT, my heart is going to give out by the end of the playoffs...I just know it.

Also, at risk of sounding like a Caps fan, the officiating seemed extremely one-sided tonight. Did it not?

I was expecting an even up call at the end of regulation. Maybe it is just justice for not calling anything on OV, regardless of how many times he leaves his feet to hit someone.

As for Fleury, yea he hasn't been as good as last year, but you have to give him credit for keeping us in games. If he doesn't snare that puck that OV sent at warp 7, with his glove, the game would have been over anyways.

We can win in DC.

I think I will have a defibrillator standing by.

KeiselPower99
05-11-2009, 10:31 PM
This series shouldnt end in any other way but a game 7. Hell I will predict right now that overtime is in store Wednesday.

tony hipchest
05-11-2009, 10:44 PM
This series shouldnt end in any other way but a game 7. Hell I will predict right now that overtime is in store Wednesday. i agree. if i didnt have such a rooting interrest in the pens i would call this the perfect series.

anyone else scratching their head that the team that has scored first has lost 5 out of 6 games this series?

i dont get it.

half the games have gone to OT.

there have been more lead changes than i can count.

:doh: i may have to dig into my stash and pop a flexeril for game 7.

HometownGal
05-11-2009, 11:38 PM
I was expecting an even up call at the end of regulation. Maybe it is just justice for not calling anything on OV, regardless of how many times he leaves his feet to hit someone.

Or the time he slammed into Fleury and it wasn't called. I'm sick to freakin' death of the shit that toofless, arrogant weasel gets away with. :mad:

I never count my Pens out of any game or series, but when the game went to OT, I had a pit in my stomach, as the odds of them winning 3 out of 3 OT's in the same series weren't in their favor. I think we're going to see one helluva game on Wednesday night and I believe the Pens are going to move on to the ECF. Though Washington has some real offensive talent and a rook goalie who is playing out of his mind, their defense leaves a lot to be desired and make a lot of mental mistakes, and I believe that aspect of their game will be the Caps ultimate downfall.

LETS GO PENS!!! :tt03:

X-Terminator
05-11-2009, 11:57 PM
IMO the Pens had to close it out tonight, and they didn't. They opened the door for the Caps to sneak off with the series.

I believe the Caps will win Game 7. I know, I know, don't give up. But I do not like the Pens' chances AT ALL in that game.

Also, there is a rule in the book - the "Ovechkin rule." Basically, he is the only guy in the league who is exempt from the charging penalty. I don't think I have ever seen it called against him in the dozens of times he's left his feet to hit someone.

tony hipchest
05-12-2009, 12:36 AM
i like either teams chances in this series.

i hate the thought of a game 7 as it is so gutwrenching (yet so exciting if you win).

i expect nothing less than a late 3rd period win, if not OT.

but im not a homer and can readilly admit the pens have been pretty fortunate to even see this to a game #7.

their goalie has been more amazing than lalime or lefleur were in series of the past.

my prediction is pens win 3-2 (with no OT)

Fire Haley
05-12-2009, 01:06 AM
*CLANK*!

That says it all. My brain is fried.

Edman
05-12-2009, 03:39 AM
The Pens let a golden opportunity slip through their fingers last night and gave the Caps all kinds of momentum for Game 7, since it's in Washington. While I don't think it's over until Wednesday, this loss is going to bite them in the ass.

You never want to give a strong offensive team like the Craps second chances. Now they have a shot to sneak off to the ECF. I don't think the Pens can do it in Washington again.

I_Bleed_Black_And_Gold
05-12-2009, 04:46 AM
As for Fleury, yea he hasn't been as good as last year, but you have to give him credit for keeping us in games. If he doesn't snare that puck that OV sent at warp 7, with his glove, the game would have been over anyways.

Not that he isn't as good as last year, he isn't as good as last series. Against the Flyers (don't know how I mis-spelled that last time :noidea:), he was a brick wall. Now he is more like swiss cheese.

I used to blame the defense every time a goal was scored on us. I never saw the D back to help, and Fleury would face a firing squad of pucks each and ever time. Tonight, I changed my mind because of the statistic that we have the most blocked shots of any team. That tells me that the D is busting their ass and sacrificing their bodies for the sake of stopping shots.

The scary statistic from tonight's (well, last nights) game is this one:

Pens: 42 shots/ 4 goals (~10%)
C(r)aps: 24 shots/ 5 goals (~20%)

That is really a scary figure!

SteelCurtain
05-12-2009, 08:02 AM
I totally agree that Fleury has not shown up for this series. He has been mediocre at best. He was amazing against the Flyers, but I have not been impressed whatsoever this series...

Steel Head
05-12-2009, 09:16 AM
I totally agree that Fleury has not shown up for this series. He has been mediocre at best. He was amazing against the Flyers in 1 game, but I have not been impressed whatsoever this series...

fixed it for you

Edman
05-12-2009, 09:29 AM
That is a very disappointing statistic.

We outplay the Capitals in all facets of the game in each game this series, except goaltending. If Fleury is just above average in a game, this series is over.

HometownGal
05-12-2009, 10:38 AM
i like either teams chances in this series.

i hate the thought of a game 7 as it is so gutwrenching (yet so exciting if you win).

i expect nothing less than a late 3rd period win, if not OT.

but im not a homer and can readilly admit the pens have been pretty fortunate to even see this to a game #7.

their goalie has been more amazing than lalime or lefleur were in series of the past.

my prediction is pens win 3-2 (with no OT)

Good to see a positive post around here after last night's game. :drink:

I don't think the Pens have been "fortunate" - they've played very hard. Gonch being run by Ovechkin put a huge gaping hole in the D and the PP, though they've played fairly well in his absence.

On the other side, the Caps have also played hard but I don't think this series would have gone as long as it has without the outstanding play from Varlamov. That kid has been lights out in net.

I'm keeping the faith and no matter what happens, I'm damned proud of this young team and the very positive outlook for their future. :tt03::hatsoff:

Fire Haley
05-12-2009, 11:14 AM
If everybody on the Pens played as hard as Sid, the series would already be over.

It's a toss up now, luck trumps all.

SteelMember
05-12-2009, 12:35 PM
Tough loss last night. At least they're shooting the puck and giving themselves a chance. Winner take all on Wed. I know we can do it.

Let's Go Pens!

Goligoski is playing pretty solid, and the PP is starting to score some goals (unfortunately not in the final 2 min. of the 3rd), but does anyone think Gonchar will suit up?

Fire Haley
05-12-2009, 12:40 PM
Gonchar skating in practice!

11:24 AM
Pens' defenseman Sergei Gonchar took part in today's optional practice. More to come...

http://penguins.nhl.com/team/app/?service=page&page=NewsPage&articleid=422483

trauben
05-12-2009, 12:58 PM
Gonch? :applaudit::applaudit::applaudit:

Now AO is thinking, "Next time I'z gotz ta leap off my feet and hitz im!"

trauben
05-12-2009, 01:02 PM
Tough loss last night. At least they're shooting the puck and giving themselves a chance. Winner take all on Wed. I know we can do it.

Let's Go Pens!

Goligoski is playing pretty solid, and the PP is starting to score some goals (unfortunately not in the final 2 min. of the 3rd), but does anyone think Gonchar will suit up?
It was tough, but it was a good game. I'm glad to see us shooting the puck. You can't complain about our shots on goal. Varlamov is playing solid goal tending, but we've also proven he can be had. His glove play from straight-on is poor.

I also agree that Goski dressed for success. Even if Gonch isn't 100%, I feel confident with Goski!

LETS GO PENS!:tt02:

The_WARDen
05-12-2009, 01:11 PM
Not living in the area any longer I am not privy to all the local broadcasts and what not, but has anyone brought up the average play of Fleury?

It just seems that the Pens work sooo hard for their goals and the Caps have the puck and then bang bang it's in the net.

Last night was par for the course, going into OT the Pens had 42 shots and the Caps only had 22 yet it was a 4-4 game. I give Fleury a pass on the Hal Gill screen.

The other area of concern with Fleury is the play out of the net. Every time he leaves the net now, I cringe. There are quite a few times where he seems to hold it too long and then the Caps are on him.

Frustrating is what he is...especially after he played so huge last year and in the 1st round this year.

trauben
05-12-2009, 01:15 PM
Not living in the area any longer I am not privy to all the local broadcasts and what not, but has anyone brought up the average play of Fleury?
Yes. WDVE talks about it in the morning shows and FSN and Savran on Sports have mentioned it as well. Last night they kept wondering if MAF was saving the best for the last. Let's pray he is. I hope there's nothing else in his head messing with his concentration now.

Steel Head
05-12-2009, 01:22 PM
Maybe we just wanted to finish them on their home ice like we did the Flyers :hatsoff:

SteelCurtain
05-12-2009, 01:38 PM
I hope Fleury steps it up for game 7....there is no reason with the talent on this team that the pens shouldn't be hoisting the Cup

Fire Haley
05-12-2009, 03:40 PM
Maybe if Gill stays out from behind Fleury in the crease he might make a stop.

WTH was that all about anyway?

pittsburghp8baller
05-12-2009, 04:13 PM

That is something none of us may never know.

HometownGal
05-12-2009, 06:11 PM

I think he saw Fleury on the other side of the cage making the stop on one of the Caps (can't remember who) and because the puck was going around the back of the net, he wanted to try to make the stop in case Fleury couldn't get back over. I applaud his efforts, but it turned out that Fleury couldn't make the save because Gill was on the corner with one foot in the crease.

I knew it wasn't meant to be last night when I heard that "clang" when Scuds' shot in OT hit the crossbar above Varlamov. :banging:

I'd love to have Serg back but only IF his knee is in good enough shape to do battle, as tomorrow night's game is going to be an all out war. I've been very impressed with Gogo's play and I feel Boucher has played well, too. :thumbsup: I do, however, feel that Gonch's presence has been sorely missed and if he's ready to go, I would be the happiest Pens fan alive. :applaudit:

Fire Haley
05-12-2009, 07:56 PM
I'll be drinking heavily early.

Or whatever the gods may supply me for my discomfort.

I hear the Flexeril, Vicodin, Jack Daniels treatment works well.

Smoke em if you got em.

X-Terminator
05-13-2009, 12:45 AM
Gonchar skating in practice!

11:24 AM
Pens' defenseman Sergei Gonchar took part in today's optional practice. More to come...

http://penguins.nhl.com/team/app/?service=page&page=NewsPage&articleid=422483

That would be a welcome sight, but no way is he 100%. I don't know if I'd risk it if I were Bylsma.

Yes. WDVE talks about it in the morning shows and FSN and Savran on Sports have mentioned it as well. Last night they kept wondering if MAF was saving the best for the last. Let's pray he is. I hope there's nothing else in his head messing with his concentration now.

He doesn't have any choice now. He either shows up with his "A" game in tow, or he'll be making his vacation plans by Friday.

I'll be drinking heavily early.

Or whatever the gods may supply me for my discomfort.

I hear the Flexeril, Vicodin, Jack Daniels treatment works well.

Smoke em if you got em.

At least you'll be watching. I haven't decided if I'm going to yet. Not interested in seeing Capt. Caveman and his band of jackasses jumping up and down after they win.

Steel Head
05-13-2009, 08:08 AM
Hopefully Fleury is saving his best for last

Fleury has been 'okay' this series but out of 7 games you expect him to have atleast 1 very good/great game which he hasn't done yet (hopefully that's tonight)

This has been a crazy series. I think the Pens have outplayed the Caps every game (even the games they lost) but I also think Varlamov has outplayed Fleury every game (even the games we won). Goaltending is the great equalizer

Let's get it done tonight! :thumbsup:

Fire Haley
05-13-2009, 08:16 AM
The baby Pens were eliminated in game 7 by a score of 3-0.

In the series, Bears were up 2-0, baby Pens came back and went up 3-2, Bears came back to force a game 7 at home and won it.

gah

stlrtruck
05-13-2009, 08:21 AM
Tonight is it. Just as with the Steelers. It's not about this game or that game. It's not about what the refs did or didn't call.

Tonight is about playing hockey. Not just hockey, but Penguins Hockey for 60 minutes. If something doesn't go right, forget it - move on and make the next play for the team. Mind the puck, mind your passes, mind your shots, and get rebounds. As I've taught my little pens daughter, "Put the biscuit in the basket." Not once, not twice, not three times - but go for a 6 pack. Fleury, be on a swivel, on top of your head!

I feel good about tonight. I've got that nervous energy I had during the Steelers playoff games.

but...

MUST WINE, CAN NO LOSE ANYMORE GAMES!!!

HometownGal
05-13-2009, 08:36 AM
At least you'll be watching. I haven't decided if I'm going to yet. Not interested in seeing Capt. Caveman and his band of jackasses jumping up and down after they win.

WOW. :jawdrop: Nice way to believe in your team XT. :rolleyes:

With or without Serg, I believe this team can and will win this series. If I'm wrong, so be it - the sun will still rise tomorrow in the East and set in the West. Life goes on and I'll be right there next season cheering my Pens on.

SteelMember
05-13-2009, 09:39 AM
Gonchar's playing status adds to the many variables for Game 7
Wednesday, May 13, 2009
By Dave Molinari, Pittsburgh Post-Gazette

WASHINGTON -- For some, this will be a first.

For others, a reminder of what 60 minutes of winner-takes-all hockey is like.

For all, an experience that will remain with them forever and leave an indelible mark on their careers.

There is nothing in hockey like a Game 7, and the Penguins and Washington will play one at 7:08 tonight at the Verizon Center.

The adrenaline will come in waves. So will the emotion. And the crowd noise.

And, for the eventual loser -- the team that will watch the other compete for the Eastern Conference championship -- so will the tears.

"Someone's going to go home," said Penguins center Sidney Crosby, who will be competing in his first Game 7 at any level. "So, it's pretty clear that you have to leave it out there."

With the stakes so high and so clear when a series is tied, 3-3, there's no need to manufacture drama.

But there will be an unscheduled infusion of it today because Penguins defenseman Sergei Gonchar, who was injured by a knee-on-knee hit from Capitals left winger Alex Ovechkin in Game 4 Friday, skated during an optional practice at Southpointe yesterday.

Gonchar did not subject his damaged right knee to any major stress and no one suggested he is a lock to be in uniform tonight, but it is at least a possibility.

"I have to wait and see how my body reacts," Gonchar said. "I can be 100 percent optimistic now, but if I wake up [today] and my knee isn't bending, it doesn't matter."

If Gonchar -- who allowed that he initially expected his injury to be "much worse" -- has significant swelling this morning, it's hard to imagine that he will play. If not, he will test it again at the game-day skate, after which a decision on dressing him will be made.

"We have a plan with him in the lineup," defenseman Hal Gill said. "And we have a plan with him not being there."

If Gonchar plays, the Penguins likely will dress seven defensemen for the third game in a row, and it's conceivable that he could be deployed strictly as a power-play specialist.

What tangible contribution Gonchar could make is impossible to say, but his mere presence could have a profound impact on his teammates. Anyone remember Willis Reed?

"We're not expecting it," Crosby said. "But it would be great if he could get out there."

Fact is, any variable could be enough to alter the outcome of a series in which five of the six games have been decided by one goal, three in overtime.

Some players, particularly Crosby and Ovechkin, have exceeded the most outrageous expectations anyone had for them. Others, such as Penguins goalie Marc-Andre Fleury and Capitals winger Alexander Semin, have not always performed to their vast potential.

But let Fleury make a spectacular game-saving stop tonight, or Semin score a critical goal, and any shortcomings they had during the previous six games will be forgotten.

When a series reaches Game 7, everything that happened previously is reduced to background noise.

This series has been shaped not only by megastars such as Crosby, Ovechkin and Evgeni Malkin, but by foot soldiers such as Rob Scuderi and David Steckel, and history shows that the impact a player has in a seventh game isn't necessarily tied to his public profile.

Consider that when the Penguins beat Buffalo in their most recent Game 7, in the second round in 2001, it was low-scoring defenseman Darius Kasparaitis, not Mario Lemieux or Jaromir Jagr, who got a puck past Sabres goalie Dominik Hasek in overtime.

The Penguins are 5-4 in Game 7s, 3-0 when playing them on the road. The Capitals are 2-5 in them overall, 2-4 at home and 0-2 against the Penguins.

Interesting numbers, but utterly irrelevant tonight. Think these Penguins will have any extra energy because the franchise won a Game 7 in New Jersey a decade ago, or that Washington will fixate on the goal Pat Lafontaine of the New York Islanders scored in the fourth overtime of a Game 7 defeat in 1987?

No, this game will be all about the present. And doing something that will be remembered far into the future.

:hope:

http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/09133/969659-61.stm

Fire Haley
05-13-2009, 09:48 AM
Failure is not an option

Fire Haley
05-13-2009, 11:42 AM
With or without Serg, I believe this team can and will win this series.

I bet he plays...

Gonchar skates again at Penguins practice

Wednesday, May 13, 2009
By Shelly Anderson and Dave Molinari, Pittsburgh Post-Gazette

WASHINGTON -- Penguins defenseman Sergei Gonchar was on the ice with his teammates at the morning skate today at the Verizon Center.

It's not known whether that means he will play tonight in Game 7 of the Penguins' second-round playoff series against the Washington Capitals.

HometownGal
05-13-2009, 12:27 PM
I bet he plays...

Gonchar skates again at Penguins practice

Wednesday, May 13, 2009
By Shelly Anderson and Dave Molinari, Pittsburgh Post-Gazette

WASHINGTON -- Penguins defenseman Sergei Gonchar was on the ice with his teammates at the morning skate today at the Verizon Center.

It's not known whether that means he will play tonight in Game 7 of the Penguins' second-round playoff series against the Washington Capitals.

Oh I'd love nothing more than to see my beloved #55 out there on that ice tonight, but if he's not 100% ready to go, I don't want him to risk further injury to that knee (whatever that injury is - haven't heard anything definitive yet). If he's ready to go, he'll be a HUGE asset not only defensively, but on the PP.

Fire Haley
05-13-2009, 12:41 PM
Take it for what it's worth...the blog

"Gonchar expected to play"

http://insidepittsburghsports.com/story/game-7-pregame-skate-gonchar-expected-to-play/11047/

"Gonchar has severe upper right leg bruise (not MCL)"

http://insidepittsburghsports.com/story/source-gonchar-has-severe-upper-right-leg-contusion/10986/

stlrtruck
05-13-2009, 01:36 PM
When a series reaches Game 7, everything that happened previously is reduced to background noise.

The only background noise I'd love to hear tonight is the thousands of caps fans crying on each others shoulders!

I'm looking forward to a great game tonight. I hope it's more like game 5 where they let them play hockey and only called the necessary calls, not the weak bs calls like the other night.

The_WARDen
05-13-2009, 02:01 PM
The only background noise I'd love to hear tonight is the thousands of caps fans crying on each others shoulders!

I'm looking forward to a great game tonight. I hope it's more like game 5 where they let them play hockey and only called the necessary calls, not the weak bs calls like the other night.

that and the caveman moaning in a painful heap after a crunching body check from Gonchar!

stlrtruck
05-13-2009, 02:33 PM
that and the caveman moaning in a painful heap after a crunching body check from Gonchar!

I'm willing to bet that if the caveman got hit like Gonchar did all the crybabies in DC would be crying foul right now.

I'd rather see Gonchar send the game winner through Ovarian and past Valamar (or whatever his name is) for the game winner!

Then watch Ovarian break down and cry that his next trip to the locker room will be his last!

OneForTheToe
05-13-2009, 03:08 PM

While there are times I get the urge turn away, and the crowd at the club seem to think I am a jinx -leading to urges to banish myself to the back room - I will watch the game. In fact, if the Pens lose, I will force myself to watch the Caps' celebration. I will force myself to watch and not throw-up, if only to make next years victory over the Craps sweeter.

But I don't want to go down that road. We will still win this game. And it will still be sweet.:drink:

OneForTheToe
05-13-2009, 03:15 PM
I am out of here in about 20 minute for work. So, my prediction for the game:

Satan ends the game at the two minutes into the seventh overtime period on an assist from Malkin.:thumbsup:

rbryan
05-13-2009, 03:20 PM
Not sure about 7, but I'm thinking multiple OT tonight.......pace yourself

trauben
05-13-2009, 03:27 PM
I'm willing to bet that if the caveman got hit like Gonchar did all the crybabies in DC would be crying foul right now.

Oh hell yeah! You KNOW they would've wanted a five minute penalty at the least!

This will be Sid's first "7th Game" appearance. If he skated around like a mad man in the 6th game, imagine what he'll be like tonight on the ice!

I say Sid pokes in the game winner with seconds on that clock!
http://www.anr.state.vt.us/site/html/VSCC/images/TEAM_HUSSTS-504_penguin.gif
LETS GO PENS!