PDA

View Full Version : Are we not the BEST Steelers Site?

nicesteel4life
05-01-2009, 08:39 AM
Was looking around the web at some other sites and WHY OH WHY isn't the Draft Picks on the FRONT PAGE changed to 2009 Draft choices, Steeler Fever should have this up already as the #1 Steeler Fan site in the WORLD! :tt:

truesteelerfan
05-01-2009, 08:41 AM
Good call.

KeiselPower99
05-01-2009, 09:09 AM
The front page does need updated

vasteeler
05-01-2009, 10:10 AM
yeah I always wondered why the front page was never updated

dag on mods:flap:

Rek
05-01-2009, 11:01 AM
I HATE the other Steelers message board. This one is sooo much better.

BlastFurnace
05-01-2009, 11:03 AM
There are other good sites as well, but this one is the one I prefer.

BIGBENFASTWILLIE
05-01-2009, 11:39 AM
I thnk Steelers.com is a joke of a team webpage... They need to redo the who page

55BaileyFan
05-01-2009, 01:39 PM
Best board that I've seen.

STEELAMANIA
05-01-2009, 01:39 PM
This site is a lifesaver.

Steelman16
05-01-2009, 01:45 PM
SF the best Steelers site ever? Who are you to suggest otherwise! :chuckle:

bigjamesharrison2
05-01-2009, 04:31 PM
Of course it is. I haven't found any anywhere near the quality of this one.

HometownGal
05-01-2009, 05:16 PM

I apologize for the inconvenience.

That being said, however - Gary and I do not have the "power" to update the home page. If we did, I can assure you it would have been done by now. I agree - it needs updated and overhauled.

I will email Mike and let him know. Thanks. :drink:

BlastFurnace
05-01-2009, 05:20 PM
I have honestly never looked at the front page. I just go straight to the Forums.

Steel-Bryan
05-01-2009, 06:56 PM
I have honestly never looked at the front page. I just go straight to the Forums.

Same, the forums are my homepage when i open mozilla. And about the Steelers website, it is so terrible, I CAN EVEN make a better site. And they do need to redo it

Galax Steeler
05-02-2009, 06:42 AM
I think this is a wondrfull site and thanks to everyone who keeps it up an running.

Hotrodder07
05-02-2009, 08:44 AM
I just found this site recently, and boy am I glad I did. Before this I was on the Steelers official forum, which was absolutely terrible. You couldn't even say Dick Lebeau.

fansince'76
05-02-2009, 08:47 AM
Before this I was on the Steelers official forum, which was absolutely terrible. You couldn't even say Dick Lebeau.

(Bad word) LeBeau. :chuckle:

Hotrodder07
05-02-2009, 08:49 AM
(Bad word) LeBeau. :chuckle:

Haha, exactly. That forum had so many problems...

Psyychoward86
05-02-2009, 12:01 PM
Hellz to the Yes :tt:

Rek
05-02-2009, 04:27 PM
And our mods are the best, most wonderful, intelligent people on the planet.

(I'm such a suck-up)

Florida_Steelers_Fan
05-02-2009, 04:42 PM
i checked out some other sites, but this is the best by far...solid information, breaking news, and great discussion about the greatest team on the planet!!!

Texasteel
05-02-2009, 05:26 PM
Great people + 2 fantastic Mods = US.

El-Gonzo Jackson
05-03-2009, 12:30 AM
Great people + 2 fantastic Mods = US.

This is so true. I was on the official site MB a couple years ago, but when I posted a link to that Steelers dog humping a stuffed toy wearing a Browns logo....the week of a Browns game. I got automatically banned because of posting an unauthorized link or something like that.

I mean really.........if I as a Steeler fan cant make fun of the Browns on the week we play them, without being banned by the mods or some autofilter........what kind of Steeler forum is that?? This one is by far the best and the mods are like good refs in a game........for the most part they let the ticky tack stuff go with a warning and let the players play (or posters post). Great job!!!!

Steeldude
05-03-2009, 02:00 AM
gonzo, the mods over at steelers.com are very particular. i was banned for saying gildon was not a good run defender.

they also like to bait people into fights by making snide remarks until you bite.

touchdownward
05-03-2009, 09:12 AM
This is definetly the best Steelers site on the web. Lots of good people on here.:hatsoff:

El-Gonzo Jackson
05-03-2009, 10:08 AM
gonzo, the mods over at steelers.com are very particular. i was banned for saying gildon was not a good run defender.

they also like to bait people into fights by making snide remarks until you bite.

At least you can say "Gildon" and not coach "badword Lebeau" :rofl: What a crappy board that was. :chuckle:

Well, at least here you can say Gildon isnt a good run defender. Or, now that Timmons is not a good run defender, you can say that. I know its unpopular, but Timmons is not as good between the tackles as Foote.

vasteeler
05-04-2009, 08:31 AM
I apologize for the inconvenience.

That being said, however - Gary and I do not have the "power" to update the home page. If we did, I can assure you it would have been done by now. I agree - it needs updated and overhauled.

I will email Mike and let him know. Thanks. :drink:

please, no need for an apology.You guys do a great job with this site.:drink:
now if we could just get Dim Bumbler banned that would be great.

SteelerFanInATL
05-05-2009, 06:30 AM
I just found this site recently, and boy am I glad I did. Before this I was on the Steelers official forum, which was absolutely terrible. You couldn't even say Dick Lebeau.

I remember some posts about that first name here of SF involving myself and a few others.:toofunny::rofl::chuckle::applaudit:

trauben
05-05-2009, 06:46 AM

Why am I not surprised that some things never change? I was on there ages ago and left for just that same reason. I don't like a muzzle over things fans would normally discuss while sitting in the Heinz.

nicesteel4life
05-11-2009, 08:23 AM
As I can see, Still the Homepage is not changed, What the heck? it's 2009!!!!! I love Steelers Fever but either our webdesigner is on a exstended vacation or he just dont give a crap anymore? I hope it's the first.....Comon guys lets get caught up with the other sites!

HometownGal
05-11-2009, 09:55 AM
As I can see, Still the Homepage is not changed, What the heck? it's 2009!!!!! I love Steelers Fever but either our webdesigner is on a exstended vacation or he just dont give a crap anymore? I hope it's the first.....Comon guys lets get caught up with the other sites!

I'm sorry, nicesteel4life. Like I said - if Gary and I could update the home page, we would surely have done it. I just sent another email to Mike.

Please try to be patient. :hug:

nicesteel4life
05-11-2009, 03:01 PM
Definetely not blaming you guys at all, your the best 2 mods this site ever had!

HometownGal
05-11-2009, 04:05 PM
Definetely not blaming you guys at all, your the best 2 mods this site ever had!

Oh I know that, hon. :hug: Thank you for the compliment. Gary and I do our best around here! :drink:

Mike just updated the home page to reflect our draft choices. He is working on some other things with regard to the home page as well. :applaudit::hatsoff:

Slanted August
05-11-2009, 07:52 PM
I used to bookmark at least a half dozen different sites that I would just read and never post. The old Trib had some of the most knowledgeable football fans I ever came across. The problem is that if you did not agree with their views you were considered an idiot which can be intimidating even in a discussion forum setting.

I used to be so bias thinking that we were the only knowedgeble fans and most passionate until when I would google a steelers draft prospect or draft pick or player and then be pointed to a KC Chief, Giants, etc discussion forum where they breakdown every facet of the Steeler player to the nth degree. Then there are other sites that discuss the Steelers with the usual "Steelers Suck" Blah blah Blah type of stuff. I guess every team has some of these fans. I will say this (and I do not know how you would measure this) that we have to be the largest fanbase of any organized sport.

rich4eagle
05-12-2009, 06:52 PM

yeah I always wondered why folks inundated with espn and the like cannot figure out what they said or google or msn or yahoo to get all the picks in the draft

yet be so feeble to attack this site for not posting the totally obvious

TOO FUNNY:tt03::tt03::tt03::tt03::tt03::tt03:

This site provides intimate data on the Steelers NOT every day NFL news