PDA

View Full Version : It's all over and done.

STEELAMANIA
05-01-2009, 01:16 PM
Just like last offseason, I said the Steelers would win the Superbowl......and I'm saying it again....The Steelers will win Superbowl 44....so we all can celebrate now or in February 2010.
:drink:

55BaileyFan
05-01-2009, 01:23 PM
I think we could very well repeat as well...but....lets not plan the trip just yet. There are a lot of improved teams this year. The Giants, Eagles, Redskins, Ravens, even the Dolphins are more improved.

scsteeler
05-01-2009, 01:26 PM
Being the Steeler fan I am I can agree with the Steelers Winning the upcoming super bowl.

STEELAMANIA
05-01-2009, 01:30 PM
I think we could very well repeat as well...but....lets not plan the trip just yet. There are a lot of improved teams this year. The Giants, Eagles, Redskins, Ravens, even the Dolphins are more improved.

Improving on paper and on the field are two different things......let's see if they are pretenders or contenders this coming fall.....

Rowghani
05-01-2009, 01:32 PM
I have to admit I was very pessimistic at the start of last year. We had the toughest schedule in the NFL and so many questions surrounding our O-line. However this year we have one of the easiest schedules in the NFL and ive come to realize that because of Ben's style and the dominance of our Defence we dont need the greatest O-line to win. We have to understand that Ben will get sacked and run plays will get stuffed, but its not the end of the world. Also really excited to see what Mendenhall and newly appointed started Timmons bring to the table. I like our chances this year although its going to be a dog fight with Baltimore for the division.

STEELAMANIA
05-01-2009, 01:37 PM
I have to admit I was very pessimistic at the start of last year. We had the toughest schedule in the NFL and so many questions surrounding our O-line. However this year we have one of the easiest schedules in the NFL and ive come to realize that because of Ben's style and the dominance of our Defence we dont need the greatest O-line to win. We have to understand that Ben will get sacked and run plays will get stuffed, but its not the end of the world. Also really excited to see what Mendenhall and newly appointed started Timmons bring to the table. I like our chances this year although its going to be a dog fight with Baltimore for the division.

As long as Baltimore CANT handle the Steelers speed rushers coming off the edge, NO WAY do the Ravens beat the Steelers this upcoming season. Alot of teams will use our game film to gameplan Baltimore and use it to their advantage.....Baltimore might win 8 or nine games.

Steelman16
05-01-2009, 01:51 PM
Of course, you also said Sweed would rock everybody's socks last year... :laughing:

Rowghani
05-01-2009, 01:55 PM
As long as Baltimore CANT handle the Steelers speed rushers coming off the edge, NO WAY do the Ravens beat the Steelers this upcoming season. Alot of teams will use our game film to gameplan Baltimore and use it to their advantage.....Baltimore might win 8 or nine games.

I hear ya althought thats probably why they jumped some spots to draft Oher in the first round. They still dont have a play maker on offense and thats where the steelers have the advantage but I think the ravens will come very close to their 11 win season of last year. That defence is still very scary.

billybob
05-01-2009, 02:06 PM
Very bold prediction.........i love it ! I am more of an optimist , than a pesimist , i believe we have all of the components to bring it all the way home , although those components , not all of them at least , are in ink yet , hardly even pencil for most .
Under Tomlins direction , i see no reason thus far to believe anything but bringing home # 7 . Even though there will be 31 other teams trying to stop that from happening. There were 31 others last season too though . Count me in on that ! ! ! ! ! ! ! We will be wearing that big bullseye this year .

LVSteelersfan
05-01-2009, 04:46 PM
It all comes down to how big the heads of the players get after last year. If they can be reigned in and realize that they have that proverbial target on their back then perhaps they can go a long way. They will get beat by a team or two like Detroit and Oakland if they get too big headed. I just remember waiting FOREVER to get another Super Bowl win after the 70s. So although I am optimistic, I am not going to freak out if their season isn't what I hope it is.

HometownGal
05-01-2009, 05:11 PM
While I am the board eternal optimist, I'm not going to count my chickens before they're hatched here. I think the Steelers have as good a shot as any of the other top contenders mentioned above to win the big game and I'll stick with that opinion . . . . for now. :tt02:

BlastFurnace
05-01-2009, 05:19 PM
There is such a fine line between wins and losses and the talent of many teams that who knows.

We very easily could have won 2 games we lost (Indy and Giants) and lost 3 that we won (Dallas and both Baltimore games)

The main thing that would upset me is if we completely laid an egg as we did in 2006.

billybob
05-01-2009, 07:12 PM
I must stand by my optimism on this one Steel brothers and sisters . The reason being ,all we went through last year , all the struggles , and rewards , are still fresh in the minds of all involved ,for the most part .
We have a team that consists of great veteran leadership , some who have been through the downfall before .
Last seasons struggles took a toll on the o-line (MACH 5 ) and fans alike . Their schedule was brutal , and the attacks on our Big Ben never seemed to cease .
Our running game was meek to say the least . A lot due to inuries .
That caused a lot of pressure on an o-line that never had the chance to develope as a unit , not even in training camp . They caught world wide flack , for being incompetent .
Still they went about their jobs . I have no reason to doubt they will be even more determined this year with a big fat target on their backs .
That is where Tomlin and his staff come in . I know it is only my opinion .......but thats the way "I" feel .

Galax Steeler
05-02-2009, 06:24 AM
I am going to set back and enjoy this season and hopefully will be watching the Steelers in another superbowl.

Kaeg
05-02-2009, 08:41 AM
Karma hates me. So I'm not gonna put any bold predictions down in print and spoil everything. I do think we will be very solid and be at least up there with the top contenders though, and as long as we keep our heads, we can do it again.