PDA

View Full Version : special teams

SEMP
01-10-2006, 08:18 PM
Am I the only one scared every time we kick off ? In my opinion, now that we are in the playoffs, the kick off team needs to be loaded with the best players regardless if they are starters or not. I know I would feel better with Hope, Troy, and Ike running down the field on kickoffs.

BIGBENFASTWILLIE
01-10-2006, 08:24 PM
no need to risk getting thoes three hurt
although their is a risk of a big time play........i think the chances of a return are slim.....

tony hipchest
01-10-2006, 08:28 PM
the special teams have been playing really good since that long return to the bengals in the second meeting this year. i think cowher has got it under control. players like morey, kiesel etc are pretty much starters, just on special teams. loosing harrison does suck though.

Suitanim
01-10-2006, 08:34 PM
I think the Steelers need to entertain the idea again of kicking the ball up as high as Jeff can kick it to the upman...somewhere around the 25-30. It accomplishes several things (since we know, even in a dome, he can't put it in the EZ), namely the ball will likely be fair caught right there, since the coverage will be on it in a second, and, even if it is fair caught, it's likely to be a FB/TE type player who isn't used to fielding kicks like that, so there's a better chance of a muff/fumble.

Prosdo
01-10-2006, 08:40 PM
The special teams have been playing pretty well. So for now I'm pretty confident in them. Although losing Harrison is a blow to them.

Sharkissle29
01-10-2006, 10:32 PM
I think the Steelers need to entertain the idea again of kicking the ball up as high as Jeff can kick it to the upman...somewhere around the 25-30. It accomplishes several things (since we know, even in a dome, he can't put it in the EZ), namely the ball will likely be fair caught right there, since the coverage will be on it in a second, and, even if it is fair caught, it's likely to be a FB/TE type player who isn't used to fielding kicks like that, so there's a better chance of a muff/fumble.
agree 100%....

and for cleve....bengals almost broke a few last game, and their starting field position was very good the 1st half.

BB2W
01-11-2006, 10:25 AM
I would think that every fan of every team is nervous when their team is kicking off. It's natural because you are volnerable to the biggest play in football... a 100 yard return. I think the degree of nervousness may vary because I'm not near as nervous when Penn State kicks off. It does seem like the Steelers have givin up a lot or long returns since I've been a fan.

I wish Reed could kick it into the endzone...