PDA

View Full Version : FAVRE to un-retire again?

I-Want-Troy's-Hair
05-01-2009, 07:38 PM
Brett your old it's time to hang up the helmet. I used to like Farve but what an annoying moron he's become. He's no different then an tantrum throwing kid.

http://blogs.startribune.com/vikingsblog/?p=2801

Childress: Favre likely to be discussed
May 1st, 2009 – 4:01 PM by Judd Zulgad

Coach Brad Childress said the Vikings have yet to discuss the fact that Brett Favre is now on the open market and free to talk to other teams — the quarterback was released from the New York Jets reserve/retired list on Tuesday — but acknowledged the subject likely would be broached. There has been speculation that although Favre retired for a second consecutive offseason in February, he might return to play for the Vikings.

“We haven’t [talked about Favre],” Childress said. ”It doesn’t mean we won’t. We talk about everything from what’s going on in the United States on the front page today. … We talk about everything. So, yeah, I’m sure we’ll talk about that.”

The Vikings are currently planning to go to training camp with Tarvaris Jackson and Sage Rosenfels battling for the top spot but Favre wanted to play for the Vikings last season and the only reason that likely didn’t happen was because the Packers refused to grant him his release. Favre was eventually traded to the Jets. Childress has known Favre since he visited the Packers on a semi-regular basis while serving as an assistant coach at the University of Wisconsin.

Vikings offensive coordinator Darrell Bevell, a former Badgers quarterback who served as Favre’s position coach for a period in Green Bay, also remains good friends with Favre. Childress said he and his staff have been so busy to this point that Favre simply hasn’t come up.

“I think the thing there is we’ve had our heads down so hard here on the draft and then after the draft signing free agents and after that getting ready for this minicamp,” Childress said. ”I go through the waiver wire every night. [But] we haven’t really even had a chance to even talk about that. Our focus has been on the guys we sign and getting ready for this and then just finishing up the draft stuff.”

Childress did not say when was the last time he talked to Favre. “Like I said, I haven’t had time to do much,” he said, “aside from reeling in this draft and then we’ve had staff clinics this week from 8 to noon every day and then get back and putting this minicamp together. … And then see our guys that are in the building. I’m more focused on the guys that are here, participate in the offseason program. I’m more focused on our three quarterbacks right now. Tarvaris and Sage and J.D. [Booty that are progressing through this program and our offseason program.”

HometownGal
05-01-2009, 07:53 PM
I really don't think Brett is coming back this time. His wife would castrate him if he even thought about it. :chuckle:

55BaileyFan
05-01-2009, 07:56 PM
After he threw 2 TD to 9 INT on the way to a four game losing streak and a trip home during the playoffs, I don't think he'll come back. I think he came back to earth.

billybob
05-01-2009, 08:51 PM
I think he will join the PGA first . Or him and Terry will go on some fishing trips down on the bayou .

MACH1
05-01-2009, 08:58 PM
http://ballsiest.com/sportsblog/wp-content/uploads/2007/09/brett-favre-superman.gif

:chuckle:

xfl2001fan
05-01-2009, 09:14 PM
After he threw 2 TD to 9 INT on the way to a four game losing streak and a trip home during the playoffs, I don't think he'll come back. I think he came back to earth.

And that is the real reason why the Jets missed the playoffs. Mangini was just the scapegoat.

tony hipchest
05-01-2009, 09:55 PM
i hope favre comes back. he was still one of the top qb's in the league last year until his bicep was torn.

Preacher
05-01-2009, 10:01 PM
Funny thing is, Favre is STILL better then the bottom third of QB's out there today. However, I wonder if it stopped being fun for him. Once the game stops being fun, it really is to "be hanging up the blades and retiring the axe"

Rep point identifying the movie quote.

AND NO LOOKING IT UP

OneForTheToe
05-01-2009, 10:11 PM

Well, if throwing ints could have stopped him he would have retired 15 years ago.:chuckle:

Seriously, I hope he stays retired, but unfortunately he would be an upgrade in Minnesota.

X-Terminator
05-01-2009, 10:16 PM
This guy really needs to just go away. Seriously.

It's over, Brett. Time to get on with your life's work.

tony hipchest
05-01-2009, 11:07 PM
brett, if you can play, and wanna play, then by all means play.

you got your entire life to get on with your lifes work.

you dont get the same luxury when it comes to playing the greatest game on earth at the absolute highest level.

Fire Haley
05-01-2009, 11:18 PM
If he does come back with the Vikings it will only be because he wants to kick them cheeseheads right in the balls.

I see nothing wrong with that.

steelwall
05-02-2009, 12:15 AM
Well, if throwing ints could have stopped him he would have retired 15 years ago.:chuckle:

:chuckle:

I just hope this doesnt become 'The Hourly Farve update' it did last year:banging:

I_Bleed_Black_And_Gold
05-02-2009, 01:16 AM
This is just getting absurd.

He should just go to Oakland, the retirement home of the NFL.

Edman
05-02-2009, 03:08 AM
I don't have much to comment on this.

I said this months ago. Until September comes around and Brett is not on an NFL roster, he's not retired. Turns out, he isn't retired. Par for the course for the queen. Somewhere, John Madden is cleaning up an immense puddle of spooge.

Galax Steeler
05-02-2009, 07:57 AM
I wish the saga would just end. He should have retired when he was in green bay. I like Brett alot but it is time to go.

AllD
05-02-2009, 08:07 AM
Even Oscar de la Hoya gave it up after one too many fights. Farve would make a fine back up, but his ego would not allow it and his body would not allow him to be a good starter.

He might sell tickets, but it would get ugly. Like watching a car crash.

revefsreleets
05-02-2009, 08:12 AM
Enough already, Brett. Didn't you see what un-retiring did to Sugar Ray Leonard?

T&B fan
05-02-2009, 08:47 AM
I don't have much to comment on this.

I said this months ago. Until September comes around and Brett is not on an NFL roster, he's not retired. Turns out, he isn't retired. Par for the course for the queen. Somewhere, John Madden is cleaning up an immense puddle of spooge.

yes you did ....:drink:

so if Farve comes back that means Madden comes back :noidea::laughing:

fansince'76
05-02-2009, 09:38 AM
Just when I was starting to get my hopes up that we might actually be spared this now-annual drama for a change.... :coffee:

KeiselPower99
05-02-2009, 10:41 AM
All he would have to do is hand it to Peterson and they would win 9 games. There is your standard Superman Favre Espn comment.

RoethlisBURGHer
05-02-2009, 10:49 AM
I am a big Brett Favre fan, but enough is enough.

He was a legend in Green Bay, he tarnished that legend in the ugly dispute when he retired than unretired.

He was then traded to the Jets. After a season that ended in a flop and the dismissal of head coach Eric Mangini.

Now there's talk that he could come back again (remember, he isn't retired until he files the paperwork with the NFL) and playing for the Minnesota Vikings?

He will go from still beloved to hated in Green Bay, especially if he is key in the Vikings winning the division or wild card over the Packers.

Psyychoward86
05-02-2009, 01:08 PM
Goodness gracious. Im from Wisconsin, and i used to love the guy to death, but im starting to think he's a bit arrogant. I think the reason he came back and the reason that there's speculation again is because Brett keeps looking for a Cinderella Story ending. STOP. You had a good run. Spend time with your family dude. Think about them, not you.