PDA

View Full Version : Former USC Linebacker

xfl2001fan
05-02-2009, 10:10 PM
http://www.clevelandbrowns.com/article.php?id=9555

"(Mangini) asked me what I did in my spare time away from football, and I told him either surfing or hunting," Maiava said. "He asked what I hunted and what kind of gun I used, and I told him that's cheating.

"Anybody can shoot something. It takes the fun out of it. It's the rush to chase something and tackle it, just like football."

Maiava said when a boar is killed, the youngest hunter of the group is assigned the task of carrying it home - on his back.

"When it was my turn, I got lucky," Maiava said. "It was a small one, probably only 150 pounds."

- Former USC Linebacker and Cleveland Brown draftee, Kaluka Maiava

I don't care who you are, that's pretty cool sh...tuff right there.

RodWoodsonwasprettycool
05-03-2009, 01:24 AM
I'm probably the minority that's actually been impressed with what "The Ball boy" has brought to the team thus far.

It looks like he's trying to make us into a tougher team and from the sound of it, training camp isn't going to be a picnic anymore like it was with crennel.

now, whether or not that will translate into wins on sunday is something I have no idea about it.

Also, I'm sort of pumped about Kaluka and Veikune . Both seem to be warriors and seem to have a high football IQ. Hopefully we get to see them playing on Sundays for a long time.

El-Gonzo Jackson
05-03-2009, 01:36 AM
Yeah, Veikune is a guy that I really liked in the draft. Just a tireless worker that never stops working.

Better get him traded or he is gonna have a positive influence on that team. It just wont work.

Steel-Bryan
05-03-2009, 01:40 AM
My fav. player in the draft was Brian Robiske, and he went to the browns :[

Galax Steeler
05-03-2009, 08:09 AM
I will just take my gun a hunting they can have that.

xfl2001fan
05-03-2009, 08:20 AM
I'm probably the minority that's actually been impressed with what "The Ball boy" has brought to the team thus far.

At first, I wasn't impressed, then...I was skeptical. But, it seems to me, that this could work out for us in the long run. His plan isn't flash and pizazz...it's a grindstone mentality. It's more of what Cleveland Browns football was meant to be...before Modell moved us out and the original Lerner died.

KeiselPower99
05-03-2009, 11:19 AM
Maivia and Veinkune are 2 guys I would love to have seen Pittsburgh pick.

revefsreleets
05-03-2009, 12:18 PM
Only problem is that Maiava is about the same size as Troy. I think he weighs about 3 lbs more.

Psyychoward86
05-03-2009, 10:32 PM
K, i'll give it to him, he's got some serious testosterone in his veins :nervous:

xfl2001fan
05-03-2009, 10:53 PM
Only problem is that Maiava is about the same size as Troy. I think he weighs about 3 lbs more.

I'm not saying he's going to be a great football player...but the guys' got some moxie. That's something that's been lacking in Cleveland for quite some time.

K, i'll give it to him, he's got some serious testosterone in his veins :nervous:

Easy now, I wasn't talking about Shawn Merriman.