PDA

View Full Version : to the Steelers fans who questioned....

3 to be 4
01-10-2006, 08:57 PM
the Patriots opponant last weekend.

Dont get all brash about your "awesome" performance vs a Bengal team playing without Carson Palmer.

I mean, the Bengals offense wasnt exactly the same with Kitna now was it?

the real tests for will be this weekend. I'll be rooting for you against the Colts, although you can be sure CBS wont be. A Patriots at Colts AFC title game is a Network wet dream.

Koopa
01-10-2006, 09:19 PM
damn i'm so scared with this game i think i'm just gonna record the game and sleep through it so i don't go crazy if we lose lol

3 to be 4
01-10-2006, 09:26 PM
the great thing is with the Patriot game being played on Saturday night, assuming they win, i'll be able to enjoy the Colts-Steelers game and hope for a 33-30 triple OT slufest.

Please win i can laugh at the invincible Colts losing in their first playoff game. that would be hysterical. then again, it would be great to have the Patriots march into the RCA Dome and shut those morons up.

I just have no respect for the Colts. I cant help it. The Steelers are worthy foes. The Colts are a soft pretender every year.

Koopa
01-10-2006, 09:35 PM
that would be ****ing crazy if a game went into triple OT. everyone would be just about dead. i hope we can pull it off so we can play the broncos :grin:

Suitanim
01-10-2006, 09:49 PM
One thing that hasn't been mentioned yet...first playoff games for QB's haven't traditionally been kind. How do we know that Kitna, who played a playoff game for Seattle, wasn't ultimately better than Palmer in the end? Look at Eli. He was awful. Look at Ben '04 vs. Ben '05.

Palmer may have tossed 3 INT's and the score might have been 48-17...who knows?

Brady12
01-10-2006, 09:51 PM
Palmer's injury shouldn't hurt Cincy, things happen, its a game. Sure it was a shocker, Kitna came in, and he did well... Until the 2nd half.

Justin Otstott
01-10-2006, 10:01 PM
Thing is we scored over the Bengals D!!! So what would have changed if Palmer was never hurt? Maybe some points put up but our D wouldnt have just layed down and let them score all over the place you can bet on that. This is just stupid to me that people are saying we only won the game because of Palmer's injury.

Sharkissle29
01-10-2006, 10:13 PM
Thing is we scored over the Bengals D!!! So what would have changed if Palmer was never hurt? Maybe some points put up but our D wouldnt have just layed down and let them score all over the place you can bet on that. This is just stupid to me that people are saying we only won the game because of Palmer's injury.
yea, we did put up a solid 31, and prolly could have scored again if we wanted to...

tony hipchest
01-10-2006, 10:48 PM
One thing that hasn't been mentioned yet...first playoff games for QB's haven't traditionally been kind. How do we know that Kitna, who played a playoff game for Seattle, wasn't ultimately better than Palmer in the end? Look at Eli. He was awful. Look at Ben '04 vs. Ben '05.

Palmer may have tossed 3 INT's and the score might have been 48-17...who knows?im sure you didnt read through all the in game thread but 1st thing i thought when kitna came into the game was bledsoe vs. steelers in 2001. then when they had a 10 pt lead on us twice i was hoping the steelers didnt think they had an advantage with palmer out.

i picked all the games last week with the qb who had more experience and foolishly believed 1 would buck the trend so i picked eli over carolina. how wrong i was. i probably will pick against grossman this week even though i really like the bears based on the fact that 1st time playoff starters seem to do poorly against those with experience.

experience is definitely not over rated in the playoffs. just ask tom brady. he dont even have to show up hes so experienced.

3 to be 4
01-11-2006, 05:47 PM
except for one thing guys..... did you see the completion he made on the 2nd play of the game?

Suitanim
01-11-2006, 05:52 PM
Yup...but one great pass does not a game make. Again, if we are gonna play if's and maybe's on injuries, then give us our two Maddox losses back and we are 13-3 and resting last weekend...

Livinginthe past
01-11-2006, 05:53 PM
Apparently the party line is that Kitna is just as effective as Palmer.

A number of Pittsburgh fans were able to travel into an alternate reality - when they returned they assured us that Palmer would have 'thrown some INT's anyway'.

It doesnt really matter which QB is in after all - look at Pittsburgh when they had Maddox in for example.......

NM

Suitanim
01-11-2006, 06:00 PM
You have become quite the fiesty and fiery contrarion of late...

Livinginthe past
01-11-2006, 06:11 PM
You talking to me?....or 'Pats fans in general'.....its so easy to misinterpret and take things personally these days.

NM

Suitanim
01-11-2006, 06:32 PM
You talking to me?....or 'Pats fans in general'.....its so easy to misinterpret and take things personally these days.

NM

Still can't let go, eh?

Livinginthe past
01-11-2006, 06:58 PM
Still can't let go, eh?

Yes im finding it difficult to let go of past defeats....sound familiar?

NM

Hammer67
01-11-2006, 07:07 PM
except for one thing guys..... did you see the completion he made on the 2nd play of the game?

A good first pass by Palmer, sure. But Kitna had been doing that to the Steelers for years...so what? Cincy always seems to have a decent passing day against the Steelers. I don't think Palmer would have changed much, honestly. It was much like the first game they played earlier in the season...Carson's worst of the year.

clevestinks
01-11-2006, 07:09 PM
Networks dream! hell Steelers and pats thats all our dreams

Suitanim
01-11-2006, 07:32 PM
Yes im finding it difficult to let go of past defeats....sound familiar?

NM

Alright, look...I'm sorry I offended your delicate sensibilities. I was wrong to do so.

Now can you let it go?

Livinginthe past
01-11-2006, 07:35 PM
Alright, look...I'm sorry I offended your delicate sensibilities. I was wrong to do so.

Now can you let it go?

Nope I refuse to let it go. Im going to keep putting negative comments about your team in every second sentence I type.

Why cant you just let the fact your team owns mine ...drop.

Oh hold on a minute - looks like I got a bit carried with all this character swap stuff.

That was scary - I dont think I ever want to be you again....pretend or not.

NM

Suitanim
01-11-2006, 08:09 PM
Nope I refuse to let it go. Im going to keep putting negative comments about your team in every second sentence I type.

Why cant you just let the fact your team owns mine ...drop.

Oh hold on a minute - looks like I got a bit carried with all this character swap stuff.

That was scary - I dont think I ever want to be you again....pretend or not.

NM

Even when you offer sarcastic rebuttal, you STILL bring the issue I'm trying to bury to the fore.

Sir, I beg you...PLEASE stop with the overt and covert "Pats are better than the Steelers" message. Why can't you just talk about the Steelers? Or the Colts? This is, after all, a Steelers board. If you were Jewish, I doubt many Catholics would be as accepting and accommodating if you went to their Church every Sunday and talked incessently about how great the Rabbi at Temple was.

Livinginthe past
01-11-2006, 08:18 PM
Even when you offer sarcastic rebuttal, you STILL bring the issue I'm trying to bury to the fore.

Sir, I beg you...PLEASE stop with the overt and covert "Pats are better than the Steelers" message. Why can't you just talk about the Steelers? Or the Colts? This is, after all, a Steelers board. If you were Jewish, I doubt many Catholics would be as accepting and accommodating if you went to their Church every Sunday and talked incessently about how great the Rabbi at Temple was.

But the Pats ARE better than the Steelers and the Colts....dont make me a liar Suit.

FYI I have posted numerous times on the Colts v Steelers thread and the Patriots keep magically appearing in the conversation - certainly not through my doing.

I have never started a thread claiming how great the Pats are - i have never started a thread about how Brady is.

In fact I try to keep them out of most of my conversation here - but if people are going to keep bringing them up - im probably going to respond.

NM

Suitanim
01-11-2006, 08:26 PM
(Sigh)

Entropy eventually envelopes all systems, even systems with hero's for players and geniuses for coaches.

Perhaps you'll soon be able to answer the question "Is it better to have never known, or to watch it slip away?"

Livinginthe past
01-11-2006, 08:32 PM
(Sigh)

Entropy eventually envelopes all systems, even systems with hero's for players and geniuses for coaches.

Perhaps you'll soon be able to answer the question "Is it better to have never known, or to watch it slip away?"

Well now that CD's and MP3 are all the rage its a real pleasant surprise to hear a genuine 'broken record' in action.

Im sure the Cardinals and their fanbase will be fascinated by your theories of peak and trough - cant say I find myself in the same boat.

If the worst does come to pass and the Patriots fade into obscurity - at least ill know my team made the most of its peak years.....instead of being beaten into 2nd place when it counted.

NM

Suitanim
01-11-2006, 08:47 PM
Well now that CD's and MP3 are all the rage its a real pleasant surprise to hear a genuine 'broken record' in action.

Im sure the Cardinals and their fanbase will be fascinated by your theories of peak and trough - cant say I find myself in the same boat.

If the worst does come to pass and the Patriots fade into obscurity - at least ill know my team made the most of its peak years.....instead of being beaten into 2nd place when it counted.

NM

Ah, you forget yourself, young padawan learner. When the NFL first cut it's teeth on the term "Dynasty" I was alive and watching the team that defined the term. My teams place in history is secure, just on the first chapter. It's intriuing to think of what more they might write...

It's adorable that you deny that the LAWS of the universe apply to your team...that they will somehow escape the inevitable.

I'm glad I was able to scrape off that benign skin of "friendly neighborhood poster" and expose that undercurrent of arrogance and superiority that swims just underneath many of your posts.

3 to be 4
01-11-2006, 08:48 PM
A good first pass by Palmer, sure. But Kitna had been doing that to the Steelers for years...so what? Cincy always seems to have a decent passing day against the Steelers. I don't think Palmer would have changed much, honestly. It was much like the first game they played earlier in the season...Carson's worst of the year.

Kitna had been..what?? huh?

franchise QB who completes pass like that to start out vs Jon Kitna and nobody thinks
that would make a difference?

ok, this week Maddox should start instead of Ben. What difference does it make??

Livinginthe past
01-11-2006, 08:59 PM
Ah, you forget yourself, young padawan learner. When the NFL first cut it's teeth on the term "Dynasty" I was alive and watching the team that defined the term. My teams place in history is secure, just on the first chapter. It's intriuing to think of what more they might write...

It's adorable that you deny that the LAWS of the universe apply to your team...that they will somehow escape the inevitable.

I'm glad I was able to scrape off that benign skin of "friendly neighborhood poster" and expose that undercurrent of arrogance and superiority that swims just underneath many of your posts.

Must be a scratch on that record....ive definitely heard this bit before.

I find it interesting you spend the first part of your post basking in the glory of times very much past - then have the temerity to accuse me of 'arrogance and superiority'.....it truly goes beyond simple hypocrisy.

I have been unmasked by your bloodhound instincts for a 'fake poster' so many times I am beginning to feel like the bad guy from Scooby Doo.......

"Mr Living.....it was you all along"

"I would have gotten away with pretending to be reasonable poster if it wasnt for you pesky kids"

Its all good though - you dust off your black and white photos of the glory days (im sure you can make a convincing 'film' by flicking them rapidly) and ill slip a 3 Games To Glory DVD into the player....

NM

Suitanim
01-11-2006, 09:15 PM
Must be a scratch on that record....ive definitely heard this bit before.

I find it interesting you spend the first part of your post basking in the glory of times very much past - then have the temerity to accuse me of 'arrogance and superiority'.....it truly goes beyond simple hypocrisy.

I have been unmasked by your bloodhound instincts for a 'fake poster' so many times I am beginning to feel like the bad guy from Scooby Doo.......

"Mr Living.....it was you all along"

"I would have gotten away with pretending to be reasonable poster if it wasnt for you pesky kids"

Its all good though - you dust off your black and white photos of the glory days (im sure you can make a convincing 'film' by flicking them rapidly) and ill slip a 3 Games To Glory DVD into the player....

NM

Wow...it's INCREDIBLY arrogant of you to post on a Steelers Message Board and casually dismiss their history, the history that your current team is attempting to be measured against, as irrelevant.

Have some respect, friend! It IS a Steelers message board, and, although you are liked here, there are, I suspect, limits that even the most mellow of fans may reach..

Livinginthe past
01-11-2006, 09:19 PM
Wow...it's INCREDIBLY arrogant of you to post on a Steelers Message Board and casually dismiss their history, the history that your current team is attempting to be measured against, as irrelevant.

Have some respect, friend! It IS a Steelers message board, and, although you are liked here, there are, I suspect, limits that even the most mellow of fans may reach..

I most certainly didnt dismiss the Steelers history - I merely said that your basking in its (black and white) glory was exactly the same as what I am doing with my team - although i fear I am doing it with a tad more subtlety.

My team is trying to win this years SB - and next year it will be trying to win next years SB - thats as far as it goes.

The people who normally talk of 'Dynastys' are often the ones with little to cheer for in the present day - dont take it personally though...its just a legitimate observation based on monitoring fans from all 32 franchises.

NM

Stlrs4Life
01-11-2006, 10:00 PM
the Patriots opponant last weekend.

Dont get all brash about your "awesome" performance vs a Bengal team playing without Carson Palmer.

the real tests for will be this weekend. I'll be rooting for you against the Colts, although you can be sure CBS wont be. A Patriots at Colts AFC title game is a Network wet dream.

I mean, Jax wasn't the same with Leftwich just getting back from injury and missing 6 games.

SalukiSteelers
01-12-2006, 04:49 PM
:blah: the Patriots opponant last weekend.

the real tests for will be this weekend. I'll be rooting for you against the Colts, although you can be sure CBS wont be. A Patriots at Colts AFC title game is a Network wet dream.:blah:

Thanks for your support but I really don't think any Steelers fan on this board gives a damn about your endorsement. If I were you I'd worry more about your team's game and less about posting on a non-Pats site. If your team starts sucking again are you still gonna come 'round here and act like some expert? Please, give us a break from your condescending support and focus your energies on a subject you should be concerned with: Pats football. If your guys win -- which isn't a given -- and the Steelers shock the odds makers, talk to us then. Until then, keep your false rooting to yourself because we can all see that you're scared of the Colts.

BIGBENFASTWILLIE
01-12-2006, 05:40 PM
Carson might have scored another touchdown but we scored on almost all of our drives.
our offense was unstoppable........
wouldnt have made a difference.......

3 to be 4
01-12-2006, 06:55 PM
I mean, Jax wasn't the same with Leftwich just getting back from injury and missing 6 games.

I mean, this whole thread was a reaction to that very charge leveled against the Patriots.
That somehow their win was tainted because, after all, it was only Jacksonville.
Yet when the Steelers beat a Palmer-less Bengals its the greatest victory in NFL playoff history.

Livinginthe past
01-12-2006, 07:36 PM
I mean, this whole thread was a reaction to that very charge leveled against the Patriots.
That somehow their win was tainted because, after all, it was only Jacksonville.
Yet when the Steelers beat a Palmer-less Bengals its the greatest victory in NFL playoff history.

I still dont get how you can think that a franchise QB who was in the running for the NFL MVP would have been an improvement on a back-up?

That was a glorious night for Steeler-nation.

NM

3 to be 4
01-12-2006, 07:43 PM
:blah: :blah:

Thanks for your support but I really don't think any Steelers fan on this board gives a damn about your endorsement. If I were you I'd worry more about your team's game and less about posting on a non-Pats site. If your team starts sucking again are you still gonna come 'round here and act like some expert? Please, give us a break from your condescending support and focus your energies on a subject you should be concerned with: Pats football. If your guys win -- which isn't a given -- and the Steelers shock the odds makers, talk to us then. Until then, keep your false rooting to yourself because we can all see that you're scared of the Colts.

Exactly, im quaking with fear over the Colts in a playoff game. There has never been such a clutch performer as Peyton Manning. They are invincible. wow.

maybe if you luck out and beat this juggarnaut, you will catch a break and the Broncos will somehow win and save you another heartbreak against the Patriots.

SalukiSteelers
01-13-2006, 10:07 AM
OMG, I can't wait for the Patriots to slip back to mediocrity so I don't have to hear it from a bunch of chowderheads anymore. Go screw yourself, loser.

Hypocyloid
01-13-2006, 10:36 AM
I feel ya Koppa. I am getting to the point of not sleeping well. The game is the first thing I think about in the morning. I'm glad I have Monday off either way....! ! !

Livinginthe past
01-13-2006, 11:20 AM
OMG, I can't wait for the Patriots to slip back to mediocrity so I don't have to hear it from a bunch of chowderheads anymore. Go screw yourself, loser.

You need to reactivate your sarcasm detector - its must have gone off-line.

3-4's comments seemed very much tongue in cheek - he is telling you to ignore the Colts/Maning hype and that the Steelers have a legitimate shot at the upset.

NM

SalukiSteelers
01-13-2006, 02:16 PM
You need to reactivate your sarcasm detector - its must have gone off-line.

3-4's comments seemed very much tongue in cheek - he is telling you to ignore the Colts/Maning hype and that the Steelers have a legitimate shot at the upset.

NM

Believe me, I understand sarcasm fine but to tell ya the truth I really don't care how his comments were offered or whether he respects the Colts or not. Everybody knows about Ol' Peyton's problems in some of the big games he's played in the past. Also, I get it that the Colts aren't invinceable. I believe the Steelers can win this one so that's good enough for me. In fact, I don't think that I ever posted anything that would lead anyone to believe that I gave a damn what they think of Pittsburgh's chances. I do get pissed when they offer their opinions, sarcastic or not, about the perceived historical shortcomings of team or its coach. Again, for the sake of understanding, I'm saying he (or any other fan of another team) should worry less about what's going on with our team, our coach, or our opponents and instead direct their finely-honed sense of sarcasm and razor-sharp wit to Broncos fans. That's the team the Patriots are playing and if they do win I don't think any player in that Pats locker room cares who's up next.

Stlrs4Life
01-13-2006, 05:02 PM

By whos standards? I don't believe it was. I was just stating to you about saying that we beat a nobody, like you really played somebody. They were a 5th seed right? (Jax), and Cincy was a 3rd seed right?