PDA

View Full Version : Tomlin and Wannstedt team up for St. Jude

mesaSteeler
05-04-2009, 09:12 PM
Tomlin and Wannstedt team up for St. Jude
May 4, 8:59 PM

Matt Pawlikowski
Pittsburgh Sports Examiner
http://www.examiner.com/x-2703-Pittsburgh-Sports-Examiner~y2009m5d4-Tomlin-and-Wannstedt-team-up-for-St-Jude

Two Pittsburgh icons are teaming up for a great cause, and fans have the opportunity to meet them as both Pitt coach Dave Wannstedt along with Steeler head coach Mike Tomlin are heading a benifit for St. Jude's hopsital.

Tickets are $150 per person or $1,500 per table of 10.

They can be purchased online at www.stjude.org/pittsburghlegends. for this year’s Second Annual Legends for Charity® Pittsburgh Gala, benefiting St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital. The event will be held on Friday, May 15, 2009, at Oakmont Country Club, home of the 2007 U.S. Open Championship

Wannstedt and his wife Jan, are long-time contributors to the St. Jude cause and serve as co-chairs for the event.

“St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital has positively impacted families all over the world," said Wannstedt. "Jan and I are honored and privileged to work on behalf of St. Jude and the many people they help each day. Pittsburgh responded in tremendous fashion last year for the kids of St. Jude and I know it will be more of the same in 2009.”
A man of his word, Tomlin, who was named the 16th head coach in Pittsburgh Steelers history in January of 2007, and his wife, Kiya, return as the honorary co-chairs for the event.

“The services and high level of care provided by St. Jude is truly second to none,” said Coach Tomlin. “We feel fortunate to be associated with such an incredible organization whose reputation is the gold standard by which other pediatric and research centers are judged.”

Event co-chairs and football cohorts, Wannstedt and Tomlin, would like to extend a personal invitation to all local sports enthusiasts to join them for an exclusive evening of fabulous food, profanityfilterprofanityfilterprofanityfilterprofa nityfiltertails, entertainment, and an outstanding silent and live auction.

Guests will have a chance to bid on priceless opportunities of a lifetime, including a day pass to attend a morning Steelers and PITT Panthers practice and have lunch with members of the teams. Mike Tomlin has also donated a Super Bowl ball signed by his six-time Super Bowl Champion Steelers that will be auctioned off during the Sponsor VIP Reception.

During the profanityfilterprofanityfilterprofanityfilterprofa nityfiltertail hour, a silent auction will feature items from dozens of Pittsburgh artists, vendors, and sports clubs. Brazilian Soprano Lilly Abreu will provide Bosa Nova jazz entertainment. The Pittsburgh Legends for Charity® Steering Committee is thrilled to welcome back Andrew Stockey, anchor of WTAE Channel 4 Action News, as the emcee for the event.

Several local corporate sponsors have provided extremely generous gifts that will help provide lifesaving research and treatment for thousands of children around the world and ensure that their parents don’t have to worry about medical bills. Sponsors include: Dick’s Sporting Goods; Keystone Energy Consulting; PNC Bank; Anker Industries; Giant Eagle, Inc.; Fazio Mechanical Services, Inc.; Med Health Services; Dale Property Services Penn, LLC; David and Terry Jancisin/Merrill Lynch; J.P. Phillips, Inc.

Cmdurand21
05-04-2009, 09:41 PM
Both super classy guys I would be ok with either being our Head Coach, but I'd rather have Tomlin for obvious reasons ( He's a better coach),
:tt03:

KeiselPower99
05-05-2009, 08:29 AM
We almost had Wannstedt and not Cowher back in 92

BlastFurnace
05-05-2009, 10:45 AM
We almost had Wannstedt and not Cowher back in 92

I remember wanting Wannstadt to be the coach in 1992. He was so highly thought of under Jimmy Johnson. I had never heard of Bill Cowher before.

What a change in fortune that would have been for the franchise.

After a dismal decade of the 1980's...Cowher laid the foundation to where we are today.

KeiselPower99
05-05-2009, 11:33 AM
I remember wanting Wannstadt to be the coach in 1992. He was so highly thought of under Jimmy Johnson. I had never heard of Bill Cowher before.

What a change in fortune that would have been for the franchise.

After a dismal decade of the 1980's...Cowher laid the foundation to where we are today.

Amazing how Tomlin was a no name when he took this job just like Cowher was back then.