PDA

View Full Version : Is Pakistan Next?

xfl2001fan
05-05-2009, 05:46 PM
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20090505/ap_on_re_as/as_pakistan

"We need to put the most heavy possible pressure on our friends in Pakistan to join us in the fight against the Taliban and its allies," Richard Holbrooke, the U.S. special representative for Afghanistan and Pakistan, said in Washington. "We cannot succeed in Afghanistan without Pakistan's support and involvement."

Wuh-Oh...out of Iraq and into Pakistan?

The collapse of a 3-month-old truce with the Taliban means Pakistan will now have to fight to regain control of the Swat Valley, testing the ability of its stretched military and the resolve of civilian leaders who until recently were insisting the insurgents could be partners in peace. The government feared the refugee exodus could reach half a million people.
And therein lies the problem. A truce with a terrorist organization is like a truce with a ticking time bomb. Idiots.

Dino 6 Rings
05-05-2009, 05:59 PM
I'm so happy to know that Pakistan has nuclear weapons too. What joy it brings to my heart that those Moderate Taliban folks could potentially get their hands on some peaceful nuclear weapons.

revefsreleets
05-05-2009, 06:01 PM
Obama went WAY out of his way to avoid answering the INCREDIBLY important question asked of him at last weeks press conference about whether or not the US would move to secure Pakistan's nuclear arsenal if it was at risk of falling in the Taliban's hands.

He said it's safe, and he trusts Pakistan.

tony hipchest
05-05-2009, 07:35 PM
:shout: PAnicKISTAN!!!!

"troops home yet?"

bin laden dead yet?

MACH1
05-05-2009, 07:38 PM

bin laden dead yet?

Got Nukes :coffee:

tony hipchest
05-05-2009, 07:47 PM
Got Nukes :coffee:

GOT MILF?

MasterOfPuppets
05-05-2009, 08:01 PM
GOT MILF?:toofunny:

MACH1
05-05-2009, 08:28 PM
GOT MILF?

:chuckle:

SteelCityMan786
05-05-2009, 09:01 PM
GOT MILF?

:offtopic::pw: :sofunny:

xfl2001fan
05-05-2009, 11:11 PM

bin laden dead yet?

Glad you mention that.

Obama, Lowering the Bar on Capturing or Killing Bin Laden

I know I'm supposed to be outraged that Obama is downplaying the importance of finding and killing (http://thepage.time.com/2009/01/14/obama-finding-bin-laden-not-essential/?xid=rss-page)Osama bin Laden.

And yes, this represents another statement expiration date, as Obama's convention speech included this shameful line:

When John McCain said we could just "muddle through" in Afghanistan, I argued for more resources and more troops to finish the fight against the terrorists who actually attacked us on 9/11, and made clear that we must take out Osama bin Laden and his lieutenants if we have them in our sights. John McCain likes to say that he'll follow bin Laden to the Gates of Hell - but he won't even go to the cave where he lives.

And now, we learn, apparently, Barack Obama won't go there, either.

The link withing the quote gives us this fine piece:

The president-elect tells CBS that the terror leader must be "pinned down," but not necessarily killed or captured.

"If we have so tightened the noose that he's in a cave somewhere and can't even communicate with his operatives, then we will meet our goal of protecting America.

Either it's important to find and kill him as stated in his campaign promise...or it isn't. Naturally, now that he's won the vote of the majority...it's not nearly as important.

Didn't take him very long to break that campaign promise though, did it?

tony hipchest
05-05-2009, 11:39 PM
Didn't take him very long to break that campaign promise though, did it?
wait a minute... lemme get this straight... now you are accusing obama of breaking BUSH's AND MCCAINS "campaign promise"???

:rofl:

Preacher
05-05-2009, 11:44 PM
wait a minute... lemme get this straight... now you are accusing obama of breaking BUSH's AND MCCAINS "campaign promise"???

Typical. It is Obama breaking Obama's promise.

Guess you missed that.

typical.

tony hipchest
05-05-2009, 11:50 PM
did obama promise to deliver bin ladens head on a platter?

really?

liars have no links.

fansince'76
05-06-2009, 12:01 AM

really?

liars have no links.

The Obama team believes the Bush administration has downplayed the importance of catching the FBI's most-wanted terrorist because it has not been able to find him.

"We will kill bin Laden. We will crush al Qaeda. That has to be our biggest national security priority," Obama said during the presidential debate on October 7.

http://www.cnn.com/2008/POLITICS/11/12/binladen.hunt/index.html

xfl2001fan
05-06-2009, 12:02 AM

Absolutely not...it was his own campaigning...his own big speeches and rally the masses of sheeple.

really?

liars have no links.

No, he didn't promise to have his head on a platter.

http://campaignspot.nationalreview.com/post/?q=ZDNjYmIzMjk2OTJiMjFhOTk0MjE5OGEzZTYxMDI4OGI=

Gives the nice wrapup.

http://www.demconvention.com/barack-obama/

For while Senator McCain was turning his sights to Iraq just days after 9/11, I stood up and opposed this war, knowing that it would distract us from the real threats we face. When John McCain said we could just "muddle through" in Afghanistan, I argued for more resources and more troops to finish the fight against the terrorists who actually attacked us on 9/11, and made clear that we must take out Osama bin Laden and his lieutenants if we have them in our sights.
Bold statement there.

http://thepage.time.com/2009/01/14/obama-finding-bin-laden-not-essential/?xid=rss-page

The president-elect tells CBS that the terror leader must be "pinned down," but not necessarily killed or captured.

"If we have so tightened the noose that he's in a cave somewhere and can't even communicate with his operatives, then we will meet our goal of protecting America." Read more here.

Also tells Katie Couric the U.S. must "withdraw in a responsible way" from Iraq and focus on Afghanistan.

So which is it? Is it important to take out the guy or not? Now I'm sure you'll spin some of this. Something along the lines of, "If he's pinned down :blah:"

To that I say, the only way to ensure that he (and his lieutenants are) gone for good is to permanently pin them down in a cave...which would require massive troops in said area.

That would go completely against another campaign promise.

http://campaignspot.nationalreview.com/post/?q=M2QzODlmZGIyN2EzNWViN2M0N2NjNTEzYzdiMTFiNmY=

You know, the one to propose a net spending cut. He's nowhere near that one. I'll let you follow the links in that one. It's pretty much...a bold faced lie. And I've got the links to back it up.

I'm ready for the spin-meister to try again. Was your daddy a revolving door?

The best part is, I provided all the links, the verbage necessary and you completely missed it all! So I'm doing it again. Maybe if you'd stop spinning so much, you'd be able to see what's in front of you. Get off the ride, quit drinking the kool-aid or continue to get schooled.

Congratulations, you solownaged yourself one more time.

tony hipchest
05-06-2009, 12:10 AM
"spin"???? :rofl:

obama promosed to redirect resources to afghanistan.

and that is what he is doing. its pretty clear the taliban is a main priority. shame the republican sheeple cant see this, though.

:hunch:

xfl2001fan
05-06-2009, 07:55 AM
"spin"???? :rofl:

obama promosed to redirect resources to afghanistan.

and that is what he is doing. its pretty clear the taliban is a main priority. shame the republican sheeple cant see this, though.

:hunch:

Redirecting our forces to Afghanistan is a great idea. I applaud him for it. But he's already backpedaling away from his initial statement of taking out Bin Laden and his Lieutenants once their in our sights.

So yes, your argument is spin and deflection away from the truth that he can't keep his campaign promises...and is wasting no time whatsoever in failing to meet them.

stlrtruck
05-06-2009, 08:48 AM
GOT MILF?

Come on Tony...wrong thread.

Keep your :jerkit: threads in the appropriate "adult" forums :flap: :toofunny:

You know the ones like "Danica straddles a cobra" or the "march madness from FHM (or whatever magazine runs it)"

revefsreleets
05-06-2009, 09:15 AM
Wow. This is a pretty important subject. The Pakistan government is under seige...the Taliban is VERY strong in that country, and Pakistan is less than the most stable of nations.

By the way, they DO have a nuclear arsenal...so what happens if the government CAN'T secure it's nuclear arsenal from the Taliban? Trust Pakistan, says Obama. Errrr...OK, that's great, but WHAT IF? The Taliban with nukes is about as bad "worst case scenario" as it gets.

HometownGal
05-06-2009, 10:05 AM
By the way, they DO have a nuclear arsenal...so what happens if the government CAN'T secure it's nuclear arsenal from the Taliban? Trust Pakistan, says Obama. Errrr...OK, that's great, but WHAT IF? The Taliban with nukes is about as bad "worst case scenario" as it gets.

Careful there, revs. You'll be accused of "panicking". :horror: :laughing:

Oh - and it's Pohk-i-stohn. Get it right. :wink02::chuckle:

revefsreleets
05-06-2009, 10:10 AM
Obama has been all over the place when talking about Pohkistan. The ONLY thing cconsistent about him is his mispronounciation...

xfl2001fan
05-06-2009, 11:29 AM
Yeah, the most recent thing out of the Obama camp is that he is urging their military to step up their operations against the Taliban.

As if the Pakistan people need his "urging" to protect their own interests...

It's BS statements from our government leaders that causes the rest of the world to roll their eyes at our "arrogance".

And to beat Tony to the punchline, here's your freaking link.
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20090506/ap_on_go_pr_wh/us_us_pakistan

Obama will press Pakistani President Asif Ali Zardari to do more against the Taliban,

Obama also will seek renewed commitment from Afghan President Hamid Karzai to better coordinate operations with Pakistan and the U.S., which will expand its military presence in Afghanistan under the president's revised war strategy against the Taliban.

These people are committed with their lives, bozo. Your pursuance of additional commitment is nothing more than lip service.

Dino 6 Rings
05-06-2009, 12:40 PM
B.O. should talk to the Taliban rebels that are attacking the Pakistani forces and let them know that he's got it all under control and they can be peaceful now. I mean, its that easy right?