PDA

View Full Version : An Insult to Our Linebackers

55BaileyFan
05-06-2009, 07:00 PM
I was watching NFL live today and they were discussing the top draft choice of this seasons draft. I was half way paying attention to their take on Stafford and Orakpo when they got to Curry. Then by my surprise the field reporters said that Seattle might have the best linebacking core in the NFL?

Please tell me that was just for the cameras...Because you can't be serious that Leroy Hill, Lofa Tatupu, and Aaron Curry is a better tandem than James Harrison, James Farrior, Lawrence Timmons and LaMarr Woodley.

What do you guys think...personally I'm knee dip in the crap coming from their mouths...

1978steeler
05-06-2009, 07:05 PM
NFL live = crap

Hapa
05-06-2009, 07:17 PM
Whenever they say something like that I think they're really just looking at how good that core is...

And they might be right, I think our linebacking corps is great, but our D-Line is amazing. A great D-Line for linebackers is like an awesome O-Line for a running back.

Steelerfreak58
05-06-2009, 07:27 PM
Do the Steelers ever get any recognition or respect from the talking heads for their accomplishments? All the talking heads want to chime in about are Marsha Brady, Tony Homo, and lately Sr. Farve with an occasional piss the Manning brothers way. Basically if it doesn't have anything to do with the Cheatriots or the Cowgirls the talking heads really don't discuss it or they dismiss it.

Psyychoward86
05-06-2009, 08:15 PM
Meh, the linebacker corp in Seattle is alright. They're just homers, dont sweat it. They dont know a thing about football.

Texasteel
05-06-2009, 08:20 PM
Don't worry about that crap, it's not like these guys know anything about football. They just spew this stuff to show how smart they are, and to an ordinary ignorant watcher they probably to sound intelligent, but we know better, don't we.

mmalone
05-06-2009, 08:25 PM
you forgot the nfl.com other favorites TO and Fitzpatrick.

fansince'76
05-06-2009, 08:27 PM
NFL live = crap

Yep, right along with the whole damn network it's broadcast on. People really need to turn off Disney Channel II - the threads started here by people who get pissed off by the retarded bullshit that's spewed on it really get old after a while. :coffee:

Steel Head
05-06-2009, 09:16 PM
Mark Schlereth is usually good on that show

He's from Pittsburgh i think and always gives the Steelers props

fordfan485
05-06-2009, 09:27 PM
Mark Schlereth is usually good on that show

He's from Pittsburgh i think and always gives the Steelers props

Mark Schlereth is from Alaska not PA

KeiselPower99
05-06-2009, 09:30 PM
Ehh. The more that channel talks the less I listen.

wootawnee
05-06-2009, 10:23 PM
Those teams need talked about.......That is the only way they will sell their merchandise.......The Steelers do just fine now.....The Steelers do not need hyped.....Everyone in the league knows when you come play us you need 2 chinstraps, a bunch of ice, motrin, some strechers, earplugs, silent counts, blood stain removing laundry detergent, reserve players, an attitude, couple extra qb's, bunch of coffee, extra long cleats, your passing game, your head on a swivel on both sides of the line, extra rib protectors, a chiropracter, bunch of extra doctors, some diapers, http://blog.lehighvalleylive.com/sports_impact/2009/01/large_james%20harrison.JPG (http://lhs.lidgerwood.k12.nd.us/LHS/ColinBrownlee/Graphics/JackLambert.jpg)and a bottle of bourbon for the ride home....

Steelers & I
05-06-2009, 10:46 PM
Whenever they say something like that I think they're really just looking at how good that core is...

And they might be right, I think our linebacking corps is great, but our D-Line is amazing. A great D-Line for linebackers is like an awesome O-Line for a running back.

Oh boy, :laughing:

BlastFurnace
05-06-2009, 10:51 PM
I quit caring about what ESPN said a long time ago.

The only time I watch that station is when the Steelers are playing on it.

scsteeler
05-06-2009, 11:12 PM
I was watching NFL live today and they were discussing the top draft choice of this seasons draft. I was half way paying attention to their take on Stafford and Orakpo when they got to Curry. Then by my surprise the field reporters said that Seattle might have the best linebacking core in the NFL?

Please tell me that was just for the cameras...Because you can't be serious that Leroy Hill, Lofa Tatupu, and Aaron Curry is a better tandem than James Harrison, James Farrior, Lawrence Timmons and LaMarr Woodley.

What do you guys think...personally I'm knee dip in the crap coming from their mouths...

If you are smoking weed, half blind, and really mean soccer when you are talking about Foot Ball then yes I can see them saying this.

I would dare say that Seattle does not even have a top 5 line backing group yet.

Pi Kapp Steeler
05-06-2009, 11:17 PM
NFL live knows that all the Steelers nation is satisfied with our superbowl win. They say these kind of things to make other fans feel better about there team. Just so when they get in a heated debate they can say " WELL ON NFL NETWORK THEY SAID..." . Like right after the superbowl they asked, what are the top 5 teams going to be in the next superbowl. They did not mention the steelers. They have to the let the other fan bases happy and make them feel like they have a chance.

Its just a pity compliment

PeckerWood
05-06-2009, 11:27 PM
But the Steelers Linbackers know they are the best in the league.

So if your a drama a queen and live and die at what espn says I feel sorry for you.

Galax Steeler
05-07-2009, 03:33 AM
There is no way you can pay attention to what they say. Who had the no.1 defense in the league that would be us and the linebackers was part of it.

Steelers & I
05-07-2009, 03:47 AM
There is no way you can pay attention to what they say. Who had the no.1 defense in the league that would be us and the linebackers was part of it.

We know that, that is why we come to Steelers Fever Forums for our Steelers news.

JackHammer
05-07-2009, 04:51 AM
Is this a joke? If so, lol wut? If not, LOL WUT?? I knew there was a good reason why I never subscribed to nfl network.

Steelers & I
05-07-2009, 04:57 AM
Is this a joke? If so, lol wut? If not, LOL WUT?? I knew there was a good reason why I never subscribed to nfl network.

I hope it's a joke JackHammer, I really do hope it's a joke.

stlrtruck
05-07-2009, 06:26 AM

Just because they work for the NFL, doesn't mean they understand football!

We all know that year in and year out our LB Corp is one of the best in the league.

realdeal
05-07-2009, 08:47 AM
Who cares what those idiots say! Remember we have six baby! I love being under the radar! No let downs this year. I guarantee it!

trauben
05-07-2009, 08:56 AM
What do you guys think......
I like it! :thmbup:

Go ahead and hand us the disrespect card again coming off of the hardest schedule in the NFL and having won our 6th Lombardi with the league's #1 D last season. We always play better and with a vengeance when we're blown off like this!

steelerguy26
05-07-2009, 09:01 AM
Hey NFL live ask the QB's in the NFL which LB corp is the best. Better yet review the stats or watch some film. Then get back to us on the whole, who is the better LB group in the league.

bigjamesharrison2
05-07-2009, 03:33 PM
Pittsburgh never gets any recognition, but I don't really mind. We're under the radar every year in the offseason and come out ahead in the regular season and playoffs.:couch:

chucoblack&gold
05-08-2009, 12:13 AM
Nothing new, the Steelers dont crave the attention as the rest of the league.:coffee: