PDA

View Full Version : Another PAT out for the season

Steel-Bryan
05-07-2009, 04:21 PM
http://www.nfl.com/news/story?id=09000d5d81031608&template=without-video-with-comments&confirm=true :coffee:

steelreserve
05-07-2009, 04:44 PM
Well, not as big as I'd hoped, but at least that's a start...

TheWarDen86
05-07-2009, 04:58 PM
:mad: Who is responsible for this outrage? There WILL be an NFL investigation and someone needs to be held accountable. Or perhaps another rule change is in order. :banging:

:chuckle:

NEPAsteeler
05-07-2009, 06:20 PM
As long as Tom "Touch me and you'll get fined" Brady is alright we'll all be ok. :doh: :blah:

xfl2001fan
05-07-2009, 06:44 PM
http://www.nfl.com/news/story?id=09000d5d81031608&template=without-video-with-comments&confirm=true :coffee:

And just like, they have been given two first round draft picks.

Galax Steeler
05-08-2009, 04:23 AM
That is ashame that it was not Brady.

stillers4me
05-08-2009, 05:42 AM
That is ashame that it was not Brady.

Don't worry....last year was so blissful without him that I'm sure the plan is already in the works to make it happen again. :chuckle:

revefsreleets
05-08-2009, 07:41 AM
It will be quite a bit harder keeping opposing teams from hitting Brady now that he doesn't, you know, actually know the play the defense is running...

The Patriot
05-08-2009, 10:13 AM
As long as Tom "Touch me and you'll get fined" Brady is alright we'll all be ok. :doh: :blah:

Who was fined for hitting Brady?

TheWarDen86
05-08-2009, 10:15 AM
Who was fined for hitting Brady?

No one, but everyone: A fine would not have been enough punishment. Instead they changed the actual rules of the frickin game. Funny how the exact same hit ended Carson Palmers season in 2005 and nearly ended Bens (2004 or 2005 in San Diego) but nothing was done then. Hmmmm.

X-Terminator
05-08-2009, 10:27 AM
No one, but everyone: A fine would not have been enough punishment. Instead they changed the actual rules of the frickin game. Funny how the exact same hit ended Carson Palmers season in 2005 and nearly ended Bens (2004 or 2005 in San Diego) but nothing was done then. Hmmmm.

They actually did put the rule in initially after Palmer's injury - it was initially that you could not tackle a QB below the waist whenever you were already on the ground. After Marsha gets hurt, naturally, the rule gets changed to where you would be penalized EVEN IF you're blocked into the QBs legs by the lineman. Of course they wouldn't put it in after it happened to Ben, for the same reason they never call roughing the passer against him - unlike them, he doesn't wear a skirt or cry for his momma whenever he gets hit.

EDIT: Too bad it wasn't Marsha again, BTW.

The Patriot
05-08-2009, 10:39 AM

Well, unless Brady receives a significantly higher number of season ending knee injuries (compared with other NFL QBs), I don't expect this rule to benefit him much.

The rule will, however, further make it harder for the defense to do its job, but it's funny how Wilfork's hit on Losman received quite a different reaction on these boards. Hmmmm, indeed.

tony hipchest
05-08-2009, 10:45 AM
thats because it was a cheap shot and he embellished pushed into losman

The Patriot
05-08-2009, 10:54 AM
thats because it was a cheap shot and he embellished pushed into losman

I think you went double verb on me.

TheWarDen86
05-08-2009, 11:18 AM
Well, unless Brady receives a significantly higher number of season ending knee injuries (compared with other NFL QBs), I don't expect this rule to benefit him much.

The rule will, however, further make it harder for the defense to do its job, but it's funny how Wilfork's hit on Losman received quite a different reaction on these boards. Hmmmm, indeed.

Not to mention his unsportsmanlike poke in the face of Brandon Jacobs that went unpunished.

revefsreleets
05-08-2009, 12:24 PM
Brady is overhyped and overrated...he'll come back to reality this year sans knowing his oppositions defensive plays, and then can we FINALLY talk about something else?

The Patriot
05-08-2009, 05:45 PM
Brady is overhyped and overrated...he'll come back to reality this year sans knowing his oppositions defensive plays, and then can we FINALLY talk about something else?

Who are you trying to convince? me or yourself?

TheWarDen86
05-08-2009, 05:49 PM
Fact: The Dalai Lama is overrated. :chuckle:

steelreserve
05-08-2009, 05:52 PM

I don't think many people here need to convince themselves Brady sucks. Everyone hates Brady and everyone hates your team. I hope everyone on the Patriots' 53-man roster gets injured in the dick at the same time.

TheWarDen86
05-08-2009, 05:54 PM
I don't think many people here need to convince themselves Brady sucks. Everyone hates Brady and everyone hates your team. I hope everyone on the Patriots' 53-man roster gets injured in the dick at the same time.

You're assuming of course that they have d**ks. :chuckle:

The Patriot
05-08-2009, 07:02 PM

Just tell all 53 Steelers to bite down.

TheWarDen86
05-08-2009, 07:49 PM
Just tell all 53 Steelers to bite down.

Okay. But first tell Wes Welker to "get up.":chuckle:

The Patriot
05-08-2009, 09:56 PM
Okay. But first tell Wes Welker to "get up.":chuckle:

lol, why Welker?

devilsdancefloor
05-08-2009, 10:44 PM
because welker stil thinks he is batman fromthe clark hit.... and the dalai lama is NOT a fan he was channeling all the bad Karma to the hat..... So far it has worked

TheWarDen86
05-11-2009, 02:13 PM
because welker stil thinks he is batman fromthe clark hit.... and the dalai lama is NOT a fan he was channeling all the bad Karma to the hat..... So far it has worked

:laughing:

Precisely the words I would have chosen.

steelreserve
05-11-2009, 03:37 PM
Just tell Goodell to bite down.

Fixed for accuracy.

revefsreleets
05-12-2009, 08:46 AM

It was a flat statement of fact.

Cassel proved that Brady is s sytem QB. He's better than Cassel, but what does that really say?

lamberts-lost-tooth
05-12-2009, 09:47 AM

Anyone immediatly think that Belicheat might be "hiding" players on injured reserve so that they wont get claimed off waivers

Ross Tucker, the former Patriots offensive lineman, recently wrote that the Patriots were using injured players in practice as recently as 2005. Tucker also says that none of the other three teams he played for did the same thing.
> Goodell has said that he'll investigate (the) claims, but that he won't impose further penalty on the Patriots.
> As one league source explained it, the tactic allows "injured" players to be stashed on the roster, preventing other teams from claiming them on waivers. It gives the "injured" players an opportunity to develop their skills. It gives the healthy players a break from practice reps
http://www.footballgenerals.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=709&Itemid=93

fansince'76
05-12-2009, 10:40 AM
Goodell has said that he'll investigate (the) claims, but that he won't impose further penalty on the Patriots.

"What's that, Mr. Kraft, sir? Lick your boots, sir? Yes sir, will do, Mr. Kraft, anything you say, sir! What's that, Mr. Kraft, sir? 'Jump,' you say, sir? Yes sir, Mr Kraft, how high would you like me to jump, Mr. Kraft, sir? Please be careful about this sharp turn coming up, Mr Kraft, sir, I don't want my nose to get broken again, sir, please!"

:coffee:

steelreserve
05-12-2009, 10:45 AM
Goodell has said that he'll investigate (the) claims, but that he won't impose further penalty on the Patriots.

In fact, he'll probably award them extra draft picks as punishment.

revefsreleets
05-12-2009, 11:39 AM
The fact is (as it has been pointed out) that the Pats are not all that great at drafting, either. They are taking the "throw a bunch of spaghetti at the wall and see what sticks" approach, so having extra draft picks certainly helps with that. How convenient...

Kaeg
05-12-2009, 07:49 PM
I'm still trying to figure out why anyone would "further investigate" ANYTHING if there's no intent to do anything about it.......

TheWarDen86
05-12-2009, 08:22 PM
I'm still trying to figure out why anyone would "further investigate" ANYTHING if there's no intent to do anything about it.......

That's not true at all. I heard that Goodell has every intention of placing them on double secret probation should the Kraft Commission find any evidence of foul play in the Patriots organization.

The Patriot
05-13-2009, 06:47 AM
:coffee:
:blah::blah:

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/YbN_MAUbLPM&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/YbN_MAUbLPM&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Dino 6 Rings
05-13-2009, 10:03 AM
I don't celebrate the injuries of players on other teams unless it is My Team that injured them during the game with a legal hit.

That said, I look foward to beating the crap out of the Titans week 1. I care not about the Pats at this point because they are not on our schedule and we would both have to make the playoffs in order to play each other. So nothing about the Pats matters to me other than they are another AFC Team that I if they are in our way, I hope we demolish.