PDA

View Full Version : Geno Makes Pierogies!

HometownGal
05-07-2009, 06:46 PM
Our very own Geno in the kitching making a Pittsburgh favorite - pierogies! :applaudit: Enjoy the video - I sure did - LOL!

http://penguins.nhl.tv/team/console.jsp?catid=18&id=37586

pittsburghp8baller
05-07-2009, 06:50 PM
i saw this a couple of weeks ago, still as funny now as it was then. Geno is hilarious, and a great cameo at the end by Letang

hindes204
05-07-2009, 07:22 PM
She said americans dont eat perogies....PITTSBURGH AMERICANS EAT PEROGIES!!!!!!!!!!

HometownGal
05-07-2009, 08:16 PM
She said americans dont eat perogies....PITTSBURGH AMERICANS EAT PEROGIES!!!!!!!!!!

That young woman is real cute and all, but you could hear the air whistling out of her ears. :chuckle:

NEPAsteeler
05-07-2009, 08:21 PM

I'm from the OTHER side of PA and I eat a lot of pierogies. I wish I lived in Pittsburgh though. Good to see him making some pierogies. lol!

KeiselPower99
05-07-2009, 09:04 PM
I have never had pierogies. Guess thatll change next month when I come up

pittsburghp8baller
05-07-2009, 11:04 PM
That young woman is real cute and all, but you could hear the air whistling out of her ears. :chuckle:

thats alyonka larionov, igor larionov's daughter. She was on American Idol a couple years back and now does the Penguins Show, our knock off of the NHL.com show- The Hockey Show. I def sensed some chemistry between them and that could add more fuel to the Geno/OV flame, Alyonka has been linked to OV

ShutDown24
05-07-2009, 11:52 PM
Haha that was great!

I def sensed some chemistry between them

I thought that too haha.

and that could add more fuel to the Geno/OV flame, Alyonka has been linked to OV

Really? That's awesome :chuckle:

pittsburghp8baller
05-08-2009, 12:15 AM
Haha that was great!

I thought that too haha.

Really? That's awesome :chuckle:

i laughed so hard during this part

Geno- tell me i did a good job
Alyonka- you did a good job
Geno-I know, now stir

ShutDown24
05-08-2009, 12:27 AM
i laughed so hard during this part

Geno- tell me i did a good job
Alyonka- you did a good job
Geno-I know, now stir

Oh good, I'm glad I'm not the only one who found that hilarious.

When Geno said that, I started wondering if he knew they would translate it after with subtitles. It kind of seemed like maybe he thought that things he were telling her would be off air. Like your example - "Tell me I did a good job."

The funniest part, though, had to be the "now stir." I think it was funny just because of the way it was translated. There probably isn't competent enough parallels from English to Russian to make it sound anymore polite. In English, it seems like he is just purely commanding her. That is pretty funny if you have a similar sense of humor to mine.

X-Terminator
05-08-2009, 12:59 AM
thats alyonka larionov, igor larionov's daughter. She was on American Idol a couple years back and now does the Penguins Show, our knock off of the NHL.com show- The Hockey Show. I def sensed some chemistry between them and that could add more fuel to the Geno/OV flame, Alyonka has been linked to OV

She says she's simply friends with both. Plus Geno already has a girlfriend - he was with her on some Caribbean island when his agent notified him of his contract extension last summer.

steelwall
05-08-2009, 01:27 AM
Couldnt watch the video, and not from PA...so someone please tell me what perogies are....

X-Terminator
05-08-2009, 01:49 AM
Couldnt watch the video, and not from PA...so someone please tell me what perogies are....

Well, rather than describe them, I'll just send you to the home of the by far THE best pierogies in town:

http://www.pierogiesplus.com/

steelwall
05-08-2009, 02:29 AM
Well, rather than describe them, I'll just send you to the home of the by far THE best pierogies in town:

Thanks... Oh man... Sounds freakin delicious... I'm soooooooooo burned out on Chinese food it's rediculous...

Edit: Sorry China.... But Chinese food in the U.S. is 100 times better than actual Chinese food.... Glad no Chinese come to this site...they'd kill me for that....lol

KeiselPower99
05-08-2009, 09:27 PM

I will definitley be tring them next month.

X-Terminator
05-08-2009, 11:24 PM
Thanks... Oh man... Sounds freakin delicious... I'm soooooooooo burned out on Chinese food it's rediculous...

Edit: Sorry China.... But Chinese food in the U.S. is 100 times better than actual Chinese food.... Glad no Chinese come to this site...they'd kill me for that....lol

LOL...it's like Mexican food. From what I've heard, actual Mexican food is awful compared to the U.S. version. No flavor whatsoever. I wish I could send you some of their pierogies though - you don't know what you're missing!

I will definitley be tring them next month.

You won't be disappointed, believe me!

hindes204
06-06-2009, 06:31 PM
mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm...pierogies plus is goooooooooooooooooood