PDA

View Full Version : Pelosi Knew about Waterboarding from the Start

hindes204
05-07-2009, 07:15 PM
http://www.humanevents.com/article.php?id=31784

Pelosi Knew about Waterboarding from the Start
by Jed Babbin
05/07/2009

She knew from the beginning. According to a CIA document compiled by the Director of National Intelligence summarizing briefings to Congress on the use of enhanced interrogation techniques on terrorist detainees, House Speaker Nancy Pelosi (D-Ca) knew from the very beginning that those techniques -- including waterboarding -- were being used on September 2, 2002.

According to the memo the very first briefing listed is 9/4/02 with then Rep. Porter Goss & Pelosi. The summary of the briefing says:

“Briefing on EITs including use of EITs on Abu Zubaydah, background on authorities, and a description of the particular EITs that had been employed.”
This directly contradicts Pelosi’s story, that “we were not told that waterboarding or any of these other enhanced interrogation methods were used.”

As HUMAN EVENTS reported earlier, Pelosi - by objecting to the use of the enhanced interrogation techniques - could have stopped them but didn't.

Pelosi's misstatements were apparently intended to divert attention from her and other Democrats in Congress who knew of all the enhanced interrogation methods -- in detail -- apparently as soon as they were being used.

revefsreleets
05-07-2009, 08:00 PM
Of course she did! This is just like the bonus money that everyone in Washington knew about for 6 months but Obama pretended that HE didn't when the money was actually paid out. Perlosi was for the war, then against the war, then for the war, then against the war...I think she's for it today, but the wind shifted, so....who knows?

She knew, was fine with it until the political wind shifted and then, well, time to flop like a fish...

NJarhead
05-07-2009, 09:07 PM
For the record, we use waterboarding on our own people in training. Every pilot has to go to POW training (forget what they actually call it) and waterboarding is one of the techniques used. It is sanctioned by the powers that be (CMC, etc). This school is HARD CORE! But it is necessary.

The main thing is that it is only effective in the first 72 hours. After that, "soft tactics" must be used. Example: make the subject the thirstiest SOB on the planet and go in drinking a glass of water. Stuff like that.

It becomes an issue when a subject has been waterboarded 226 times. That is an example of someone just getting their rocks off. Which, if they're confident the dude has ties to terrorism, I am not opposed to.

xfl2001fan
05-07-2009, 09:33 PM
Are you referring to SERE (Survival, Evasion, Resistance, Escape) school? I believe that Pilots in all services, as well as Special Forces and other select exceptional programs are required it...and you're right, it is hard core.

NJarhead
05-07-2009, 09:35 PM
Are you referring to SERE (Survival, Evasion, Resistance, Escape) school? I believe that Pilots in all services, as well as Special Forces and other select exceptional programs are required it...and you're right, it is hard core.

That's it!

SCSTILLER
05-09-2009, 09:18 AM

Yep, that is it! Alot of the pilot's I flew with said it didn't take them long to get them to talk.

Rev's, you hit nail on the head!

St33lersguy
05-09-2009, 09:23 AM
of course she knew about it. We all know that. Pelosi is a lying hack

Hammer67
05-09-2009, 09:52 AM
Pelosi is the scariest politician blowing hot air today. I can't believe she is continually elected.

MACH1
05-09-2009, 10:06 AM
She knew, they all knew.

The only difference between her and obama, is her lies don't come from a teleprompter.

St33lersguy
05-09-2009, 02:38 PM
She knew, they all knew.

The only difference between her and obama, is her lies don't come from a teleprompter.

:toofunny:

HometownGal
05-09-2009, 04:13 PM
She knew, they all knew.

:rofl::rofl::laughing::toofunny::thumbsup:

Vincent
05-09-2009, 09:12 PM
I just flew in from Mars. So I'm looking at this situation and I see a nation that uses EITs in the training of their soldiers. And I see terrorists that have been captured by said soldiers being subjected to the same training methods for the purpose of extracting information.

Now, these terrorists do anything to those they capture. Well, not anything. Just the things the soviets taught the early terrorists. But they do unspeakable things.

And I understand you folks have some treaty called the Geneva Convention that protects captured uniformed combatants from mistreatment. Oh, the terrorists aren't playing by the rules of the treaty? Hmmm. And they don't seem to observe any rules of your civilization.

"Is it justified to resort to unconventional techniques such as truth serum, moderate physical pressure and outright torture? The constitutional answer to this question may surprise people who are not familiar with the current U.S. Supreme Court interpretation of the Fifth Amendment privilege against self-incrimination." But he continued writing, "Any interrogation technique, including the use of truth serum or even torture, is not prohibited by the U.S. Constitution." - Alan Dershowitz - November 8th, 2001 - Los Angeles Times op-ed piece

So you people are allowed to torture your citizens, but you're not allowed to use "enhanced techniques" to extract information from terrorists that are trying to kill your people. :rofl::rofl::rofl: Quit it, yer killing me!!! :rofl::rofl::rofl: Are these terrorists protected by your constitution?

So, these tough guy terrorists can dish it out, but they can't withstand mere training methodology.

http://religiousfreaks.com/UserFiles/Image/sooreh.gay.muslim.exhibit.2.jpg

I can draw but one conclusion. :chuckle: :sissies:

And your leaders are strange. They seem to want these guys to win. Whuttup?

steelwall
05-09-2009, 09:32 PM
Water boarding??? There has been a huge mistake... we were just giving them a bath! Ever smelled a dirty Taliban who hasent bathed in a few months???

revefsreleets
05-10-2009, 07:21 AM
Actually, there were a LOT of Democrats who were briefed about this. Many of the same ones who are now clamoring for "justice".

Sheesh!

St33lersguy
05-10-2009, 09:11 AM
so these huns are protected by the constitution even though they want to kill americans? It is okay to kill innocent babies but not okay to use enhanced techniques to extract information just to fend off attacks and keep America safe?

Hines0wnz
05-11-2009, 12:58 PM
Pelosi is the scariest politician blowing hot air today. I can't believe she is continually elected.

Check out her constituents and you'd know why.