PDA

View Full Version : Ovechkin death threat gets Pen's fan arrested

Fire Haley
05-07-2009, 08:09 PM
Off to Gitmo with you punk!

Police Seize Laptop In Ovechkin Death Threat Investigation

Pennsylvania state police in Chambersburg said they responded to an address on Newcomer Road in Franklin County to assist with a terroristic threat investigation on Wednesday night.

This investigation involved a threatening message that was posted on a Pittsburgh Penguin message board directed toward Washington Capital hockey player Alexander Ovechkin, police said.

As a result of this investigation, a laptop computer was seized, and the occupants of the residence were identified and accounted for, police said.

Police told Channel 11's Marc Willis that a 17-year-old in Chambersburg, Pa. posted the threat on an NHL Web site on Wednesday. Chambersburg is located about three hours east of Pittsburgh.

The teen posted that he was going to kill Ovechkin and said he didn't care if he had to go to jail, police said.

http://www.wpxi.com/sports/19397791/detail.html

http://i256.photobucket.com/albums/hh196/kcmckee/dt.jpg

HometownGal
05-07-2009, 08:14 PM
What a twisted and demented person this is. :horror: I'm not a fan of AO, but geez - I don't wish any serious harm on him. I think this sick SOB should be made to stand in the goal crease and have the caveman fire pucks at him for 20 minutes after tomorrow night's game.

NEPAsteeler
05-07-2009, 08:25 PM
No one should ever wish death upon anyone, no matter how much you dislike someone. This kid's messed up. :doh:

Fire Haley
05-07-2009, 08:42 PM
spys are everywhere - better watch what you say

Those mods should be sent to Gitmo with him for allowing it to be posted.

HometownGal
05-07-2009, 09:00 PM
Those mods should be sent to Gitmo with him for allowing it to be posted.

Abso-freakin-lutely. If anyone ever posted something like that around here, they would be booted the hell out of here without hesitation. I hope they throw the book at this wacko. :screwy:

steelwall
05-07-2009, 09:32 PM
You know I wouldn't doubt this kid has issues. But the fact is he is a kid. Labeling him a "terrorist threat" for an idiotic and 'childish' remark on a website seems a bit extreme.

I'm all for the police to investigate these things, but throwing the word 'terrorist' in there on a 17 year old without a having done a full investigation seems to be jumping the gun.

SteelCityMan786
05-07-2009, 09:39 PM
I hate AO, but this is uncalled for.

Edman
05-07-2009, 10:03 PM
They thought that was bad. Wait until they read Bengals Zone and the lovely things the board twats have to say about the Rooneys, Steelers players, the coaches, or even their families. No matter what, it's uncalled for.

Get over yourself, it's just a game. What an idiot. I don't like Ovechdick, but I don't wanna kill the man. Geez.

HometownGal
05-07-2009, 10:08 PM
They thought that was bad. Wait until they read Bengals Zone and the lovely things the Bengal fans have to say about Steelers players or their families. No matter what, it's uncalled for.

OMG - I remember a site called GoBengals and there was this guy named Black Jesus who made very direct threats against Cowher and his family. I think that site was disbanded if I'm not mistaken.

In today's day and age, every threatening statement made by someone (and a 17 year old, imho, is not a "kid") against another person must be investigated.

SteelCityMan786
05-07-2009, 10:16 PM
OMG - I remember a site called GoBengals and there was this guy named Black Jesus who made very direct threats against Cowher and his family. I think that site was disbanded if I'm not mistaken.

In today's day and age, every threatening statement made by someone (and a 17 year old, imho, is not a "kid") against another person must be investigated.

Agreed with remarks to 17. In my opinion, 17 is when in reality "kids" under the law should be acting with the maturity of someone who is legally an adult(Positive Maturity that is). I have attempted the last few years to make strides towards acting as such so when I turn 18, I know what is expected of me.

My school has gotten threatened Twice in the last 3 years with violence which has annoyed me. Fortunately nothing this year, but you said it HTG, we're in too serious of a society to make these threats.

Edman
05-07-2009, 10:19 PM
Bengals Zone, Go-Bengals. I think they had them confused. I've been to both. But I know what you're talking about, HTG. I've seen truly vile things posted on that board. I respect passion for sports, but these are human living flesh beings playing a sport we love. When the barrier between them is broken, it's time to step back and think.

X-Terminator
05-07-2009, 10:21 PM
Proof positive that too many people today do not give a rat's ass about the law, or life for that matter.

Throw the book at him.

steelwall
05-07-2009, 10:24 PM
What I'm saying is that it is not wise to start labeling 17 year old Americans 'terrorists' for having a brain fart on a sports website. (maybe the kid was serious I dunno) but I feel we should not throw that word out haphazardly..

pittsburghp8baller
05-07-2009, 11:10 PM
Abso-freakin-lutely. If anyone ever posted something like that around here, they would be booted the hell out of here without hesitation. I hope they throw the book at this wacko. :screwy:

that board is kind of anything goes, the mods probably didnt even realize nor care.

thats just a stupid, immature thing to do. while i dont think he REALLY TRUELY meant it, you still gotta act like he did though.

Fire Haley
05-08-2009, 08:45 AM
What we have here is the typical '17 year old living in mom's basement' that have to "prove" how tough they are by shooting off their mouths while hiding behind that keyboard

What you gonna do, what you gonna do when they come for you, bad boys, bad boys

I bet his mom was surprised when the jackbooted thugs broke down their door

SteelMember
05-08-2009, 09:48 AM
Looks like we're not the only site that needs a sarcasm smiley.

I'm joking, of course.

Crushzilla
05-08-2009, 06:50 PM
I don't know.

I'm not ready to absolutely blast this kid. It is a kid, after all.

Ovie didn't even seem that pissed about it.

You gotta watch it. People forget that EVERYONE can see what you type. If nothing else, it's a good reminder for everyone on message boards everywhere.

I know I've read comments very similar to that one, so I'm not going to hope and pray that they throw this kid in the clink with the REAL psychos.

GoBengals is still around I think. I remember reading some PREEEETTY crazy sh** in THAT board.

Edman
05-08-2009, 07:30 PM
Go-Bengals is still up, by the way. Message Boards and everything.

HometownGal
05-08-2009, 07:49 PM
Go-Bengals is still up, by the way. Message Boards and everything.

Is that Black Jesus dude still over there? That guy is a total psycho. :screwy: He actually made death threats against Cowher and suggested to some of his cohorts that they should sexually violate Cowher's daughters. I'll never forget that. :horror:

Preacher
05-08-2009, 08:02 PM
What a shame-- That kid needs to learn that there are consequences to his words.

But "terroristic threatening?" come on. I agree, that word is WAY overused. Enough.

The kid threatened another human being with death. He further stated that he doesn't care about the law sending him to jail.

So pick up the kid, arrest him, put him in juve for a couple months and give him about 300 hours community service.

Then when he is done with it, wipe his record clean. Because one idiot post ALSO shouldn't ruin this kids chance at a future... UNLESS they find that he actually planned it out, which means he should be waiting for the chair.