PDA

View Full Version : Tedy B. Not On Injury List

Livinginthe past
01-11-2006, 01:50 PM
http://patriots.bostonherald.com/patriots/view.bg?articleid=120827&format=text

FOXBORO ? For the first time since straining his left calf against the Jets on Dec. 26, Tedy Bruschi was not listed on the Patriots? injury report yesterday.

The list contained 12 names, from Tom Brady to Asante Samuel, and all are probable.

Bruschi presumably is healthy. The picture at practice, however, told a slightly different story. Bruschi spent most of the 20-minute media window stretching his calf while the rest of the team worked on their groins, hamstrings and quads. He also jogged with a slight limp.

Bruschi missed Saturday?s victory against the Jacksonville Jaguars, testing his calf before the game and then watching from the sideline in uniform. Coach Bill Belichick said Bruschi could have played, but didn?t because the Jags abandoned the run, and the Patriots spent much of the game in nickel and dime coverages.

Bruschi did not speak to the media yesterday, but Brady said it?s killing the linebacker to not be playing.

?Tedy recovered from a stroke in six months, so I always joke, ?How could this little calf keep you out for that long if a stroke couldn?t?? ? Brady said. ?He wants to be out there. He was ready to go last week. It?s always exciting to have him out there. He sparks that defense. He plays with emotion and energy and toughness. I think the offense feeds off watching Tedy Bruschi make plays. Hopefully, we?ll see him make a lot of plays this week.?

Bruschi?s presence on the field against the Broncos on Saturday would provide a boost. Denver had success running the ball up the middle against the Pats in the teams? first matchup Oct. 16, but Bruschi was not in the lineup and could help swing that battle in the Patriots? favor this time.

?Tedy Bruschi is our rock,? fellow linebacker Don Davis said. ?He?s a guy we count on. We didn?t have him the first time. Whether that has any bearing on this game, only time will tell.?

NM

83-Steelers-43
01-14-2006, 09:40 AM
http://eod.liquidviewer.com/wgr-od/wgr/20051031_bruschipbp-1.wma

Can we all wipe our lips clean now? :sofunny:

Brady12
01-14-2006, 10:04 AM
I've heard that like 5 times before, I love it.

As for Tedy, now we'll have an even stronger run defense.

Livinginthe past
01-14-2006, 10:27 AM
It should be a fascinating duel between the best running team and the best run D in the NFL...hopefully Bruschi gives us the edge.

NM

Cape Cod Steel Head
01-14-2006, 11:13 AM
I bet he doesn't play a down!

Brady12
01-14-2006, 01:16 PM
He has to play, otherwise New England could face a heavy fine, because he wasn't on the injured list.

tony hipchest
01-14-2006, 01:37 PM
It should be a fascinating duel between the best running team and the best run D in the NFL

NM

this is great!

teams like bears, carolina, steelers, washington all have better rudh defenses than the patriots.

or are you talking about the last 7 weeks when the patriots faced no descent competition?
the broncos are a little different that a brooks bollinger jets team with a rookie no name running back. shutting down c. williams doesnt count cause he plays in the weak nfc (kinda like how steelers rushing on the bears dont count)

clevestinks
01-14-2006, 02:52 PM
I am looking forward to watching the matchup tonite! Good Luck to the Pats, LITP

Livinginthe past
01-14-2006, 03:50 PM
I am looking forward to watching the matchup tonite! Good Luck to the Pats, LITP

Much appreciated Good Luck to your boys tomorrow aswell.

Ill be watching - lets hope im pulling for Pittsburgh becasue it'll give us a home tie in the AFCCG :cheers:

NM

Livinginthe past
01-14-2006, 03:52 PM
this is great!

teams like bears, carolina, steelers, washington all have better rudh defenses than the patriots.

or are you talking about the last 7 weeks when the patriots faced no descent competition?
the broncos are a little different that a brooks bollinger jets team with a rookie no name running back. shutting down c. williams doesnt count cause he plays in the weak nfc (kinda like how steelers rushing on the bears dont count)

Well we shall see Tony - if the Pats can keep the Bronco's to the 120 mark I think they will be very competetive.

Chicago let 190 yards on the ground to a Pittsbrugh team who couldnt even scrape 90 against us.

NM

Dirtywater
01-14-2006, 04:34 PM
Rumors out there that Bruschi is not paying now. Yikes this could be bad. :uhh:

** EDIT ** Bruschi is stretching/joging on the field and appears to be read to play.

tony hipchest
01-14-2006, 05:00 PM
this is the same injury as patrick pass right? i saw both of em, and ill believe it when i see it if bruschi plays. i dont see why he would. theres only 3 options

get hurt more
be innefective
be a liability

i think beilichick is doing more jedi mind tricks and wouldnt mind paying a fine.

tony hipchest
01-14-2006, 05:38 PM
It should be a fascinating duel between the best running team and the best run D in the NFL...hopefully Bruschi gives us the edge.

NMi hear you though. tommorow will be an excellent duel between the #1 scoring offense vs. the #1 scoring defense. who woulda ever thought pittsburgh would have the #1 scoring offense though and indy with the #1 scoring d. talk about ironic.

Cape Cod Steel Head
01-14-2006, 05:51 PM
Rumors out there that Bruschi is not paying now. Yikes this could be bad. :uhh:

** EDIT ** Bruschi is stretching/joging on the field and appears to be read to play.Oh boy! I didn't see that comming.:sofunny:

Dirtywater
01-14-2006, 06:01 PM
Oh boy! I didn't see that comming.:sofunny:

Which part?

Cape Cod Steel Head
01-14-2006, 06:15 PM
Read my earlier post. Its just BB playing his little injury game. I think Tedy's all done this year.