PDA

View Full Version : The Teardrop Monument

I_Bleed_Black_And_Gold
05-08-2009, 04:32 AM
Did anyone know about this? How come there wasn't any media coverage or anything about it?

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/3QOuKAcBEFY&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/3QOuKAcBEFY&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Dino 6 Rings
05-08-2009, 08:27 AM
I had no idea about that.

As for lack of Media Coverage...well I can only guess that it has something to do with being politically correct.

The Patriot
05-08-2009, 12:01 PM
It's beautiful. You can see how it resembles the WTC.

Dino 6 Rings
05-08-2009, 12:06 PM
I snoped this, saw it was true then emailed it around my office. Its really a great thing to have a country like Russia want to show solidarity with us, instead of us rattling sabers at each other.

Remember, Russia had a horrible terror attack of their own at the Beslan School in 2004 when 1,100 people were murdered by terrorists, 777 of them were Children.

I_Bleed_Black_And_Gold
05-08-2009, 05:19 PM
I had no idea about that.

As for lack of Media Coverage...well I can only guess that it has something to do with being politically correct.

What is politically incorrect about having Russia build us a monument to honor those fallen on 9/11?

xfl2001fan
05-08-2009, 05:45 PM
What is politically incorrect about having Russia build us a monument to honor those fallen on 9/11?

Because it's politically incorrect for the Media to do anything that might show Bush in a positive light. If they could have somehow twisted this into him being a war-mongering, racist, right wing extremist, gun toting, baby killing, kitten eating SOB...it would have gotten much more media coverage.

I_Bleed_Black_And_Gold
05-08-2009, 05:51 PM
Because it's politically incorrect for the Media to do anything that might show Bush in a positive light. If they could have somehow twisted this into him being a war-mongering, racist, right wing extremist, gun toting, baby killing, kitten eating SOB...it would have gotten much more media coverage.

But it really doesn't have anything to do with Bush though, it really baffles me!

xfl2001fan
05-08-2009, 05:55 PM
But it really doesn't have anything to do with Bush though, it really baffles me!

It was just a joke. As to why it didn't get much coverage...I really have no idea. I can't remember if there were any other major events going on during that time frame...that might have caused it to have a lesser priority.

Godfather
05-08-2009, 06:00 PM
It was just a joke. As to why it didn't get much coverage...I really have no idea. I can't remember if there were any other major events going on during that time frame...that might have caused it to have a lesser priority.

Maybe it got lost in the shuffle with the other 5th anniversary coverage :noidea:

I never heard of this either...but apparently neither did regular Fox News viewers.

I_Bleed_Black_And_Gold
05-08-2009, 08:43 PM
No one did. No one in the media talked about it, be it conservative or liberal bias!

I am looking into how to get into contact with the artisan and thank him myself, since the mainstream media won't.

Godfather
05-08-2009, 10:47 PM
No one did. No one in the media talked about it, be it conservative or liberal bias!

I am looking into how to get into contact with the artisan and thank him myself, since the mainstream media won't.

Good for you.

I'm seriously scratching my head over why this didn't get more pub. You'd think New Jersey would have promoted it as a tourist attraction or Fox or the conservative commentators would have talked it up.

I_Bleed_Black_And_Gold
05-09-2009, 04:43 AM
I'm seriously scratching my head over why this didn't get more pub. You'd think New Jersey would have promoted it as a tourist attraction or Fox or the conservative commentators would have talked it up.

Someone should have said something, I don't think it matters Conservative vs. Liberal.

If I find out how to contact the artisan I will post it here if anyone is interested.