PDA

View Full Version : Larry "enjoying" Detroit's OTA's

SteelStang
05-08-2009, 01:48 PM
Thought you guys might enjoy this.

http://www.mlive.com/lions/index.ssf/2009/05/larry_foote_on_wdfn_lions_otas.html

stillers4me
05-08-2009, 02:18 PM
I think Larry is in for a rude awakening.

lilyoder6
05-08-2009, 02:43 PM
larry is a moron...

no shit it different and it's like military style in the lions... THEY WENT 0-16 FFS.... u think they be blowing bubbles on the sidelines???

revefsreleets
05-08-2009, 02:50 PM
That's kinda funny!

MORE discipline in DETROIT?

aclark99
05-08-2009, 02:51 PM
I couldn't agree more that foote is a moron. he will find out that the grass isn't always greener on the other side. he should still be a steeler.

steelerdave1969
05-08-2009, 03:03 PM
The Steelers knew what was coming with him this offseason and I think that Foote will be hating life by the 4th game of the season when the Lions are already 0-4... I am not gonna be down on the guy as long as he is not putting down on the Steelers, but I cant imagine someone being more stern with his players as coach Tomlin seems to be... Good Luck Larry...

BlastFurnace
05-08-2009, 03:06 PM
We've had much better LB'ers leave than Larry and been ok.

I wish him the best, but not more wins.

Edman
05-08-2009, 03:07 PM
Well guess what Larry. You're not in Pittsburgh anymore. You're not a Steeler anymore. Of course it's going be different when you decide to leave a winning team to a organization that hasn't won anything of note in 50 years and is coming off the worst season ever since the introduction of free agency.

But hey, you wasted no time bolting out of Pittsburgh, though. Have fun in Detroit, Larry.

Galax Steeler
05-08-2009, 03:14 PM
He has made his bed now he will have to sleep in it. Sounds alot different in Detroit then it did in Pittsburgh.

mmalone
05-08-2009, 03:25 PM
i hope it was larry's decision and not his agents to leave.. what a strange move to make. there are 30 other teams out there and you move from #1 to #32.

LVSteelersfan
05-08-2009, 03:42 PM
Larry Foote is going there with the idea he is going to help make a bad team better. Ain't happening. He was the weak link in our defense if there ever was one. We are going to smash him in the mouth when we play Detroit this year and there is nothing he will be able to do about it.

devilsdancefloor
05-08-2009, 03:52 PM
by the end of the first game he will be the one dropping f-bombs!

RoethlisBURGHer
05-08-2009, 04:07 PM
Before the end of the third game of the season, he's going to be wondering why he didn't field offers from other teams before jumping into the Lion's den.

I am sure teams like the Broncos and the Packers would have shown interest for an ILB with experience in the best 3-4 defense in the league.

fansince'76
05-08-2009, 05:30 PM
Larry Foote is going there with the idea he is going to help make a bad team better. Ain't happening. He was the weak link in our defense if there ever was one. We are going to smash him in the mouth when we play Detroit this year and there is nothing he will be able to do about it.

Foote is a good player, but the more I read of his recent comments, the more I think he seems to operate under the illusion he's a great player because he played on such a good D for so long. He has a rude awakening coming. He's not nearly good enough to be a difference maker. He's solid, but that's it, and that's all he'll ever be. However, Detroit is in desperate need of difference makers.

steelwall
05-08-2009, 06:42 PM
:laughing: poor Lions fans...

I'm going out on a limb and predicting we'll win at least 3 games this year. At least 3.

:chuckle:

LVSteelersfan
05-08-2009, 06:50 PM
Foote is a good player, but the more I read of his recent comments, the more I think he seems to operate under the illusion he's a great player because he played on such a good D for so long. He has a rude awakening coming. He's not nearly good enough to be a difference maker. He's solid, but that's it, and that's all he'll ever be. However, Detroit is in desperate need of difference makers.

You probably put it a little bit better than I did. He is a good player. But good does not help LOUSY turn into better unfortunately. I honestly don't wish any player well when they leave the Steelers especially since we play them this year. He will wish to God he had stayed on the other sideline when Ward comes across there and pops him a good one and when Frank the Tank runs over the top of Mr. Slow Foot.

truesteelerfan
05-08-2009, 10:22 PM
I wasn't the biggest supporter of Larry while he was with us....but then again, I also think he automatically becomes their top Def player....and since no one else can tackle on that team, maybe he'll be the first player in the league to have 300 tackles in a year? It might be kinda fun to watch and see if he can stay healthy with all the hits he's going to have to make this year. If that happens, with this one year contract in Detroit, and a possible uncapped year in 2010, he might get a really good payday after being the only member of the Lions D

Psyychoward86
05-09-2009, 10:16 AM

:screwy:

KeiselPower99
05-10-2009, 08:17 PM
Went from the penthouse to the doghouse there Larry. But dont woory about it too much we will see ya soon to remind ya what you used to be part of......victorys.

XxKnightxX
05-12-2009, 02:35 PM
Perfect case of a dream becoming a reality, and the reality kicks you in the ass, time to assume leadership foote or else your season is done.