PDA

View Full Version : Anybody Into Remote Control Cars/Planes?

Man_Of_Steel
01-11-2006, 03:56 PM
I stopped in at a hobby shop today to look around and he had alot of RC planes. I started looking at them and actually they look pretty fun. I might look into buying one this spring. He said I would be better off getting one for beginners then upgrade from there. The one plane he had there was $2400, one quarter scale plane. That thing is a monster, stick my cat in that thing and take it for a ride, LOL. He said you would need some sort of permit to fly that thing. It had to be 5 or 6' wide.

SteelerDan43
01-11-2006, 03:59 PM
I stopped in at a hobby shop today to look around and he had alot of RC planes. I started looking at them and actually they look pretty fun. I might look into buying one this spring. He said I would be better off getting one for beginners then upgrade from there. The one plane he had there was $2400, one quarter scale plane. That thing is a monster, stick my cat in that thing and take it for a ride, LOL. He said you would need some sort of permit to fly that thing. It had to be 5 or 6' wide.

Ya I race a few different cars in a club here at school and some back home....I know that many of the Steeler players are actually quite into them also. The Steelers actually have an offical hobby shop Steel City Hobbies. They come up to training camp and fix their cars and stuff. I believe bettis has a custom made bus body for his T-maxx... :helmet:

drizze99
01-14-2006, 02:09 AM
I used to be real big into cars. All I have left is a Yokomo MR-4TC World Championship Ed.