PDA

View Full Version : Former athelets?

SteelerDan43
01-11-2006, 04:34 PM
I was just curious as to how many have played football/sports in high school and beyond? Myself I was never allowed to play football by my parents because they were afraid I was gona get hurt. Something I will never do to my children if kids are in my cards further on down the road. Interestingly enough I was allowed to wrestle mainly because my dad wrestled in high school. I've played a hell of alot of sports, Basketball, Baseball, andswimming when I was younger. In middle school I wrestled in 8th and 9th grade then promptly blew out my shoulder and returned to swimming through the rest of high school for the GS Golden Lions. Went to WPIALS a couple times to. I also played tennis as a junior and senior. I then went on to college and have swam the past two years for the RIT Tigers. So what are your guys sports experiences? I always wanted to play football since it was such a big deal in the area but never got to... :helmet:

RoethlisBURGHer
01-11-2006, 05:07 PM
Soccer in 10th and 11th grade...I wish I woulda played football.

clevestinks
01-11-2006, 05:27 PM
Basketball for a year, baseball all threw school, football also. I played 17 seasons of Flag/touchfootball, not 17 years. We played two seasons a year. I got to play against Art Schlister, and Michael Downs in the state championships. Also I`ve played softball, for a great team here!

Suitanim
01-11-2006, 06:58 PM
Played baseball, basketball and football (and one season of soccer) every year from when I was allowed to start playing until High School, then just football. If I would have put my mind to it, I probably could have snagged a partial to small school, but I got a job one summer and liked making money too much, and the rest is history...

BB2W
01-12-2006, 12:24 AM
I played cornerback in high school, and started as a senior.

Conan
01-19-2006, 09:14 PM
played football, basketball, and a little baseball. Currently playing the most challenging sport ive ever played, rugby for Califonia University of PA. You can check us out a roosterheadrugby.com if you want.

melroseplace
01-20-2006, 02:45 PM
I'm not athletic (suck at all sports actually haha), but I make up for it with my love for football :)

MichiSteeler
01-20-2006, 07:57 PM
I play flag football with my friends. Currently 10 and 0. Then play football for my school, defensive end and d-tackle.

I cant believe so many people havent played =\

83-Steelers-43
01-20-2006, 08:20 PM
Played football (middle LB) and ice hockey (center) up until senior year of HS. When I was a very young age I played soccer and baseball.

NDSteelerFan
01-24-2006, 10:02 PM
I played LB/TE in 9 man football. We got to the ND state championship game my senior year. I was a catcher in baseball. We won the American Legion State Championship in 97. I also played basketball to kill time between football and baseball. I wasnt a great athlete, but we had enough of them on our teams to be successful. Those were some of the best times I've ever had.

ngreene15
01-24-2006, 10:22 PM
I played WR this in my senior year at my high school (starter)....I also played hockey hockey for 9 years, I quit a few years ago because at that age things start to get real serious and it takes up a lot of your time. I also played basketball for about 6 years, played on my high school team my first year there, but the next year when try outs were happening I broke my ankle and I haven't really played since. I still play hockey and basketball recreationally. Also when I was just a little guy I played a little baseball and soccer.

In the summer I golf almost everyday or whenever I take a trip to Arizona in the winter.

I also hit the weights 3-4 times a week to keep in tip top shape.

BIGBENFASTWILLIE
01-24-2006, 10:45 PM
I played cornerback and running back from the time i was 7-16
Once i got into highschool i started at cornerback and played some wide receiver.
I loved playing football and i miss it everyday.
I sometimes wonder why i couldt be 6'4'' 250lbs.....hahah
Instead im 5'10 in a good pair of sneakers and pushing 180.......
But i had a great time when i was younger and i cant wait to coach once i get into the teaching system.

ngreene15
01-24-2006, 10:46 PM
I played cornerback and running back from the time i was 7-16
Once i got into highschool i played started at cornerback and played some wide receiver.
I loved playing football and i miss it everyday.
I sometimes wonder why i couldt be 6'4'' 250lbs.....hahah
Instead im 5'10 in a good pair of sneakers and pushing 180.......
But i had a great time when i was younger and i cant wait to coach once i get into the teaching system.

Well with your body type, you did a good job choosing to be a runningback.