PDA

View Full Version : Prayers for my wifes Grandma

lamberts-lost-tooth
05-11-2009, 01:53 PM
My wifes 96 year old grandmother had what we thought was a stroke last week. When she was seen by a doctor, we were told that she has breast and bone cancer.

She is just an incredible lady, and as I have been sharing with Steelmember, she took the news in stride and told us she was ready to go to heaven tommorrow if the Lord decided it was her time.

She is very devout in her faith and is truly ready to meet her Lord and Saviour...she is sharp as a tack with almost perfect memory and recollection...she is such a hero to me, and my kids hang on her every word as she talks about her childhood.

Just please pray that her time left on this world be one filled with as little pain as possible and that all of us be given the opportunity to spend as much time as possible with her.

thanks
LLT

klick81
05-11-2009, 02:07 PM
Wow man...enjoy each moment you have with her to the fullest. My thoughts are with you and your family.

PAMillerGrrl83
05-11-2009, 11:01 PM
Prayers for your wifes grandma!!!

devilsdancefloor
05-11-2009, 11:17 PM
most diffentaly prayers for your wifes grandma

billybob
05-12-2009, 01:06 AM
All jokes and fun asside ,reach for your inner strength . Grasp every precious moment while you still have the chance . Those precious moments will be your fond memories that you will have to dwell on , and draw strength from in the future . Wish you all the best Steel Brother . I hope some goodness can come into your life . God Bless you and your whole family .

Preacher
05-12-2009, 02:01 AM
You and her most definitely have my prayers.

Galax Steeler
05-12-2009, 03:18 AM
Thoughts and prayers.

steelwall
05-12-2009, 05:19 AM
Toughts a prayes LLT!!!

stillers4me
05-12-2009, 05:44 AM
96! God bless her and take her peacefully. Prayers for all of you.

lamberts-lost-tooth
05-12-2009, 12:44 PM
Thanks folks...

My wife has scheduled alot of time for us and the kids to be with her. My 15 year old son makes her giggle by constantly telling her she is his "date" and walking arm and arm with her when we all go somewhere.
My daughter plays the flute for her and my wife breaks out the bingo cards and board games.
She is the one that we have said our kids get their "Orneryness" from. (to which she replies..."Oh no, that cant be...I still have it")

Texasteel
05-14-2009, 07:06 PM
Sorry I'm seeing this late LLT. Of course you know you and you family are in my thoughts, and my prayers. Thats what friends are for.

lamberts-lost-tooth
11-29-2009, 01:06 PM
I just got the news. My wifes Grandmother passed away within the last hour. She was just a beautiful soul and an incredible woman. Please continue to keep my wife and my children in your prayers.

She was 97 and filled with fantastic memories and stories...my kids would listen in awe of her telling stories of riding to town in wagons and in sleds....and what life was like in the early part of the 20th century. She was one of those few people who actually lived her faith and one of the kindest, wisest people I have ever met.

Heaven just became that much sweeter for me.

stillers4me
11-29-2009, 01:10 PM
God bless her. It sounds like you and your family were blessed to have her in your lives for so long.

hindes204
11-29-2009, 01:18 PM
Sorry i missed the original thread....she sounds like she was an icredible lady......97 years is a long time to be on this earth, and it sounds like she made the best of it. My prayers go out to your family. May she rest in peace.

devilsdancefloor
11-29-2009, 01:35 PM
Sorry for you families loss i will keep you al in my prayers and thoughts

Shea
11-29-2009, 11:22 PM
Sorry for your family's loss, LLT. She sounds like she was a wonderful woman and Grandma's are always such special people in our lives.

I'll definitely keep you and your family in my thoughts and prayers.

Galax Steeler
11-30-2009, 04:12 AM
Thoughts and prayers headed your way.

lamberts-lost-tooth
11-30-2009, 08:01 AM
Thanks everyone....greatly appreciated.

Her death coincided with the Thanksgiving celebration for my wifes side of the family, They went ahead and had all of us meet, eat, and welcome those who came in and out with their condolences. It was a somber evening but also one filled with incredible stories and a reminder of the legacy that this woman of faith has left for our children.

One of my nephews had an early celebration of his birthday, and was given a birthday card from Grandma that she had filled out earlier this week. She traditionally gae all the great-grandchildren a gift and a card with a $2 bill in it. Both my kid have kept every $2 bill she gave them.

The funeral is Thursday, so please condtinue to pray for my Mother-in-law...wife...and kids.

Polamalu Princess
11-30-2009, 03:51 PM
I am sorry for your loss. We will keep you and your family in our prayers.

stlrtruck
12-01-2009, 07:40 AM
Prayers for peace and comfort

HometownGal
12-01-2009, 07:59 AM
I'm sorry, LLT - I just saw this thread now.

You, your wife and the family have my sincerest condolences. :hug: Grandmas have a way of making their loved ones smile and I have no doubt she is making everyone smile up in heaven. May she rest in peace in God's kingdom.

Shoes
12-01-2009, 08:51 AM
I'm sorry for your family's loss (and that I missed this).....but at the same time what a blessing to have a grandmother for so long and clear in her mind! Will intercede at the throne of Grace.

lamberts-lost-tooth
12-01-2009, 11:31 AM
I truly appreciate the thoughts and well wishes from all of you. It means alot to me.

My daughter, who was extremley close to her great-grandmother, is a basketball player and is in the middle of her 8th grade regionals. Her great-grandmother couldnt go to any of her games because of her health. My daughter has dedicated the rest of the season to her great-grandmother...knowing that grandma is now able to watch. (Very sweet).

Texasteel
12-02-2009, 06:50 PM
Just saw this LLT and I am so sorry. It breaks my heart to know what you and your family are going through. God bless you all.

Christian Snyder
12-02-2009, 07:15 PM
I'll be praying for you and your family... It's a very hard time when you lose a family member.

BigBen'sSwagger
12-02-2009, 07:58 PM
You got em and I wish the best to you and your family

fansince'76
12-02-2009, 08:38 PM
Hey LLT, I just saw this for the first time now as well. My deepest condolences and prayers to you, your wife and family. God bless.

lamberts-lost-tooth
12-06-2009, 07:27 AM
Thanks to all for the thoughts. It was a rough day, in many ways, but it was wonderful to see my wifes family come together in love and support. The procession had to be over a mile long....she was loved and respected by many.

Grandma was buried at 11:00 am and my daughter's b-ball team won regionals at 7:00 pm. We told her she didnt have to play but she said that the game was for her great-grandma. One of the parents took a wonderful picture of my daughter right after she sunk a 16 foot baseline shot....finger pointed at heaven as she ran back down the court.

Galax Steeler
12-06-2009, 07:32 AM
Thanks to all for the thoughts. It was a rough day, in many ways, but it was wonderful to see my wifes family come together in love and support. The procession had to be over a mile long....she was loved and respected by many.

Grandma was buried at 11:00 am and my daughter's b-ball team won regionals at 7:00 pm. We told her she didnt have to play but she said that the game was for her great-grandma. One of the parents took a wonderful picture of my daughter right after she sunk a 16 foot baseline shot....finger pointed at heaven as she ran back down the court.

:applaudit: Congrats on the basketball game and I am sure your grandma was watching as well.

BigBen'sSwagger
12-06-2009, 08:24 AM
Condolences to you and your family. The news on the basketball game is very cool. Good luck to them as well.

lamberts-lost-tooth
12-06-2009, 08:45 AM
:applaudit: Congrats on the basketball game and I am sure your grandma was watching as well.

Thank you...no doubt in my mind that Great-grandma was watching with pride.

lamberts-lost-tooth
12-06-2009, 08:45 AM
Condolences to you and your family. The news on the basketball game is very cool. Good luck to them as well.

Thanks BBS.