PDA

View Full Version : e. mangini to the jets?

tony hipchest
01-11-2006, 07:02 PM
hes due to interview this week and i bet the jets would love to do addition by subtraction by getting him from the pats, after all common belief is he is the one who is being groomed to take over for 'chick all along (assuming crennell was gonna move on eventually). will kraft give him a g. williams type contract to stay or will the pats just tell him how much the jets suck and his future is much brighter in patland? hes probably a little too inexperienced just like wisenhunt. they could wind up like mularkey just wondering if they have jobs in several years if they leave where theyre at.

Livinginthe past
01-11-2006, 07:07 PM
More info.

http://patriots.bostonherald.com/patriots/view.bg?articleid=120838&format=text

I think he would be mad to leave - he has the opportunity to learn from one of the best defensive minds to ever coach the game.

Early in the season he was getting some stick from Pats fans - mainly due to the vanilla looks on the D and lack of varied blitzing packages.

This was more than likely a result of too many injuries on D and not having sufficent time to get the unit to gel properly.

NM

tony hipchest
01-11-2006, 07:52 PM
well any patfans who gave him hell just dont understand. like i was saying some that i listened to on the radio seemed to believe he was picked as head coaching material several years ago and the one who bill sr. has really been grooming. like with him, i think its best that wisenhunt stay put so they dont put themselves into a crappy situation where they are doomed to be a fall guy. has mangini ever had to call defense w/o brady to run the offense? has wisenhunt ever had to call offense without the steelers defense there to pick up the slack?

thats why i like these co-ordinators who are older and have no desire to leave like lebeau, t. moore-colts, d. henning- carolina, etc. that type of stability is needed. hopefully both young coordinators stay put if they know whats right for them. i wish i could say the same for russ grimm but his time is due.

nice article btw. i had to agree with what was said

Brady12
01-11-2006, 09:52 PM
Eric will be a great coach if he happens to go. I just wouldn't want to see him keep the same record with the Jets.

tony hipchest
01-16-2006, 11:20 PM
they have reached an agreement

Brady12
01-17-2006, 01:05 AM
Yeah, apparently it is complete... And yet again New England needs to find another D Coordinator.

drizze99
01-17-2006, 01:25 AM
BAD MOVE!

What the hell was he thinking taking that Jets job? I'm sorry, but he is walking into a death trap IMO.
The jets have a lot of issues... QB, RB & Defense.

ugh... good luck to him... he's gonna need it!!

51JetsfaninPa51
01-17-2006, 07:55 PM
Im da jet fan here, do you guys think that this was a good pick ??

Suitanim
01-17-2006, 08:40 PM
He's young, so it's really hard to tell..he learned from a good one, bit so did Belichick under Parcells, and it took years to see the benefits. I'd say the Jets need to be more patient than usual with a young coach, but they play in NY, so what defines patient? 2 years?

tony hipchest
01-17-2006, 09:46 PM
it helps because it hurts the pats. at this point hurting those in your division is your best bet. really what this does is force the pats to overpay to steal ty law from under your nose. jets cant pay for him at his current price, and the pats really need him.

BlitzburghRockCity
01-17-2006, 09:47 PM
It definately helps coaching under belicheck but the problem is the list of quality head coaches is not as long as the list of head coaching jobs.. so we'll see.

3 to be 4
01-17-2006, 11:20 PM
sign Law, Harrison comes back. the OL gets Light and Koppen back. lots of draft picks for Pioli and Belichick. we'll still get that 4 in 6.

Koopa
01-17-2006, 11:24 PM
no no, remeber 3 to be 4 next year will be the colts year :rolleyes:

3 to be 4
01-18-2006, 06:20 AM
no no, remeber 3 to be 4 next year will be the colts year :rolleyes:

thats right! silly me. All they need is homefield advantage all the way through.........

wait a minute:dang: