PDA

View Full Version : Larry Foote notices Detroit is ALOT different from Pittsburgh

steel_town
05-12-2009, 01:27 PM
http://www.mlive.com/lions/index.ssf/2009/05/larry_foote_on_wdfn_lions_otas.html

Larry Foote on WDFN: Lions' OTAs are 'a lot different from Pittsburgh'
by James Schmehl | MLive.com
Friday May 08, 2009, 12:05 PM

Larry Foote has been with the Detroit Lions for less than a week, but the 28-year-old middle linebacker already knows what he can expect from new defensive coordinator Gunther Cunningham.

"There are a lot of curse words going on," Foote told Matt Shepard on WDFN-AM Detroit. "I think I heard more f-bombs in one day than I have in five years."

Foote, who agreed to a one-year contract Tuesday night, practiced with the Lions on Thursday after passing his physical Wednesday morning.

Foote said it's too early to evaluate Cunningham and linebackers coach Matt Burke, but the two-time Super Bowl-winning linebacker had no problem assessing his first day with Detroit.

"It's a lot different from Pittsburgh," Foote said. "I don't know if it was the new coaches or the new staff, but it was military style yesterday. Pittsburgh is a little bit more laid back."

Listen to the entire interview as Foote explains the new-age middle linebacker role and some of the challenges he expects to face in Detroit.

XxKnightxX
05-12-2009, 03:28 PM
Perfect case of a dream becominga reality, and the reality kicks you in the ass, time to assume leadership foote or else your season is done.

RoethlisBURGHer
05-12-2009, 04:25 PM
Well, what exactly did Larry Foote expect?

He went from the Super Bowl Champions to the 0-16 Lions.

The Steelers are an established football team. Two Super Bowl titles in the past four years.

The Lions haven't won a championship since 1957, pre-Super Bowl. They haven't been to a playoff game since 2000.

So yeah, the Lions are under their third head coach in five years. It's going to be more military style until the team becomes established.

SteelerCRO
05-16-2009, 04:10 PM
That's why we are SB Champions and Lions stink. :tt:

lamberts-lost-tooth
05-16-2009, 05:15 PM
Well, what exactly did Larry Foote expect?

So yeah, the Lions are under their third head coach in five years. It's going to be more military style until the team becomes established.

Exactly...You cant really blame the coaches...they are coming into a situation with an attitude of defeat and trying to force some of these players to be motivated and disciplined.

They can and will let up on the players when they understand how to have the correct attitude and mindset to be a winning team.

The Steelers have players that understand this....the Lions are going to have to be molded into a true team, until then, it is going to be a little militaristic.

OneForTheToe
05-16-2009, 08:11 PM
I always like larry and still wish him well.

However, I am starting to think:

Larry Foote < smart