PDA

View Full Version : $9 Trillion goes poof....

PisnNapalm
05-12-2009, 08:20 PM
PXlxBeAvsB8

The Fed has lost $9 trillion...?? It's unaccounted for???

tony hipchest
05-12-2009, 09:27 PM
check cheneys basement.

MACH1
05-12-2009, 11:22 PM
Better go check that (Acorn) SEIU empty funeral home in Louisiana, that they're funneling millions if not billions through.

tony hipchest
05-12-2009, 11:43 PM
it was spent on jenna bush's wedding, and dr. seuss books to fill the next presidential library.

stillers4me
05-13-2009, 05:47 AM
check cheneys basement.

it was spent on jenna bush's wedding, and dr. seuss books to fill the next presidential library.

Nice deflection.

9 T-R-I-L-L-I-O-N.

Obama = http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v11/sueincinci/Smileys/help3.gif

BubbyBrister
05-13-2009, 07:22 AM
or it could be because the Federal Reserve is a 'private bank' allowed to run rampant and do whatever the f they want pretty much.

not to mention they haven't been audited in like 1,000,000 years to prove that what they are doing isn't fraudulent. any company (particularly banks) that isn't regulated/put in check in some way is going to end up crooked.

look at our current situation. these banks/companies know how to bend and play the rules while under constant scrutiny, regulations, reporting standards, etc.

now, take most of those rules/regulations away...you now have the federal reserve. they may not be in it for "profit" but it most certainly is not handled properly.

(this last part is not aimed at any individual, but...)
regardless of which "side." if you are trying to blame one party or the other, you are a joke. they are two heads to the same snake for the most part.

GBMelBlount
05-13-2009, 07:42 AM
or it could be because the Federal Reserve is a 'private bank' allowed to run rampant and do whatever the f they want pretty much.

I thought the federal reserve was a government entity with private components.

Wasn't it ostensibly created by the government to supervise & regulate the banking institutions and provide stability?.....

The government also created Fannie & Freddie if I'm not mistaken...... :drink:

revefsreleets
05-13-2009, 08:30 AM
And the government created Medicare, which they've robbed over the years to the point that it will be insovent by 2016.

And the government created welfare, which was supposed to be a temporary fix for people to get back on their feet, but which is now an entrenched generational system of paying lazy people to do nothing.

And the government created Social Security, which will now be broke 4 years earlier than predicted (2037), which means that I (I'm 39 in 2009, will retire roughly around then) will have PAID into it my whole life and will get NOTHING back.

And now Obama wants the government to handle healthcare.

Yeah, great, that'll work out really well, I'm sure...

SteelersinCA
05-13-2009, 10:10 AM
And the government created welfare, which was supposed to be a temporary fix for people to get back on their feet, but which is now an entrenched generational system of paying lazy people to do nothing.

You right wing fascist!!!! How dare you suggest we should get rid of welfare, don't you know how many people welfare has helped to get back on their feet, move on from the disadvantages they were born with and to make a better life for themselves........in a new house that they can now afford thanks to popping out 3 more kids and getting a bigger welfare check?

Godfather
05-13-2009, 10:20 AM
Nice deflection.

9 T-R-I-L-L-I-O-N.

Obama = http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v11/sueincinci/Smileys/help3.gif

Wait, are you saying that every penny of the $9 trillion suddenly vanished since January 20?

revefsreleets
05-13-2009, 10:45 AM
You right wing fascist!!!! How dare you suggest we should get rid of welfare, don't you know how many people welfare has helped to get back on their feet, move on from the disadvantages they were born with and to make a better life for themselves........in a new house that they can now afford thanks to popping out 3 more kids and getting a bigger welfare check?

Sadly, Obama undid one of Clinton's greatest achievements when he rolled back welfare reform. THAT'S a talking point you'll NEVER see a liberal tackle head on.

tony hipchest
05-13-2009, 10:52 AM
Wait, are you saying that every penny of the $9 trillion suddenly vanished since January 20?it appears so.

it is mind numbing the right wing propoganda some people believe. couple that with the supposed $9 trillion deficit, and obama is blamed for pissing away $18,000,000,000,000 in 100 days (which is humanly impossible).

:shake01:

revefsreleets
05-13-2009, 11:30 AM
it appears so.

it is mind numbing the right wing propoganda some people believe. couple that with the supposed $9 trillion deficit, and obama is blamed for pissing away $18,000,000,000,000 in 100 days (which is humanly impossible).

:shake01:

That number is, conservatively (because his original number crunching was WAY too optimistic), 7.1 trillion deficit by 2019. It will probably be much higher than that, though.

And, yes, it took him about 110 days to do that much damage.

GBMelBlount
05-13-2009, 11:33 AM
I’m not sure where anyone would get the point of this thread as primarily just bashing Obama except that he appears VERY pro government, taxes and spending.

This is more about fiscal irresponsibility and lack of accountability by the government imo.

As has been pointed out, the government created and overseas the federal reserve, Fannie Mae, Freddie mac, social security, medicare, etc. and all of these are arguably disasters.

What this comes down to is conservative versus liberal principles imo.

As a conservative, I believe liberty, freedom, free markets, capitalism and competition are usually the best solutions to most problems.

I feel liberals tend to believe that forced government monopolies with little or no competition is somehow better than the principles on which our great country was founded, though history generally doesn’t support that.....as anyone with a strong history background would likely agree.

BubbyBrister
05-13-2009, 11:43 AM
I thought the federal reserve was a government entity with private components.
:drink:

It is, hence my quotes.
But don't be completely fooled, the federal reserve is not always acting in our best interest was my main point.

It's run by the government, instead of the banks about as much is Congress is run by the people and not by the corporations, lobbyists, and special interests.

on a side note:
GO STEELERS!
and that Evgeni Malkin's journal song on DVE about Ovie is stuck in my head...again ;/

revefsreleets
05-13-2009, 12:08 PM
Obama certainly belives that the governmnet can and will be able to fix our myriad problems.

Now we get to sit back and watch that not work out at all.

But things won't ever get as bad as predicted. The GOP will pull themselves together, sharpen their message, and take back a lot of seats in the mid-terms, and then take back the White House in '12.

We can undo a lot of the damage that's being done now...

SteelersinCA
05-13-2009, 03:22 PM
Who do you think will be their voice, I don't see a promising soul on the horizon.

tony hipchest
05-13-2009, 11:04 PM
That number is, conservatively (because his original number crunching was WAY too optimistic), 7.1 trillion deficit by 2019. It will probably be much higher than that, though.

And, yes, it took him about 110 days to do that much damage.

But things won't ever get as bad as predicted. The GOP will pull themselves together, sharpen their message, and take back a lot of seats in the mid-terms, and then take back the White House in '12.

We can undo a lot of the damage that's being done now...so which is it, o ye who speaks out of both sides of ones mouth?

will obama be spending money until 2019 or will the republicans come to the rescue and undo all of his "bad policies" and have us shitting rainbows of skittles with monetary influx?

:willy: hypocrites cant have it both ways. :busted:

http://i132.photobucket.com/albums/q23/shortyshane_2006/movie_i_see_dead_people.jpg

I see Atlanta Dan...

BOO!

:toofunny:

(this post was brought to you by 100% clownage)

....i am atlanta dan and i approve this message. BOO! :chuckle:

MACH1
05-13-2009, 11:19 PM
will obama be spending money until 2019 or will the republicans come to the rescue and undo all of his "bad policies" and have us shitting rainbows of skittles with monetary influx?

Isn't that obaaamas job, with a big glass of kool aid?

Still waiting for my share of the wealth(handouts) he promised. :rolleyes:

GBMelBlount
05-14-2009, 07:32 AM
Isn't that obaaamas job, with a big glass of kool aid?

Still waiting for my share of the wealth(handouts) he promised. :rolleyes:

LOL.

When the government forcibly takes what belongs to one group, gives it to another, and lines their own pockets along the way, it is nothing more than legalized plunder.......

When individuals do this they are criminals....when the government promises to do more of it.....people like Tony vote for them. :chuckle:

revefsreleets
05-14-2009, 08:29 AM
I'm not sure who, exactly, will emerge. I don't like Boehner at all (and he's from Ohio). Jindal doesn't seem right to me. My feelings about Palin are no mystery.

I'm thinking maybe Jeb Bush? He's recently been making a little noise, and his message was pretty strong...but it's too early to tell. We'll see how mid-terms go and I expect a voice will emerge around then.

And, Tony, once again, WTF are you talking about? I'm saying that if we don't put the breaks on the train, it will derail. What, exactly, is hypocritical about stating that:

A) The train is moving too fast with the current conductor
B) If we don't so something it will derail
C) If we change conductors, we can slow the train down and keep it on the tracks

????

Godfather
05-14-2009, 11:06 AM
I'm not sure who, exactly, will emerge. I don't like Boehner at all (and he's from Ohio). Jindal doesn't seem right to me. My feelings about Palin are no mystery.

I'm thinking maybe Jeb Bush?

Stay outta the Bushes.

Jindal would be a good POTUS but not a good candidate--he's not slick and polished enough and he'd be vulnerable to hypocritical hatchet jobs like Palin was.

I'd prefer to see the Republican Party die off and be replaced with a fiscally conservative party that stays fiscally conservative when it's in charge.

BIGBENFASTWILLIE
05-14-2009, 11:22 AM
I blame Bush just because.......

Oh.....seriously though.....how much is 9 Trillion..... Noone really knows......
I think we need a recount

GBMelBlount
05-14-2009, 11:40 AM
I blame Bush just because.......

Thanks for sharing Big Willie but I think we had already figured that out. :laughing:

tony hipchest
05-14-2009, 04:22 PM
And, Tony, once again, WTF are you talking about? I'm saying that if we don't put the breaks on the train, it will derail. What, exactly, is hypocritical about stating that:

just answer the question.

will obama be spending money until 2019 or will the republicans come to the rescue and undo all of his "bad policies"?

in one breath you say he has already inflicted 9 trillion dollars worth of damages, and in the next breath you say he wont, because he wont be in office after '12.

Texasteel
05-14-2009, 07:33 PM
LOL.

When the government forcibly takes what belongs to one group, gives it to another, and lines their own pockets along the way, it is nothing more than legalized plunder.......

When individuals do this they are criminals....when the government promises to do more of it.....people like Tony vote for them. :chuckle:

Actually, I have always thought of it more as extortion.