PDA

View Full Version : Cope Karma

I-Want-Troy's-Hair
05-12-2009, 10:36 PM
Finnegan Calls Out Towel-Stomping Teammates
www.profootballtalk.com

A regular-season win over the Steelers last December gave the Titans home-field advantage throughout the playoffs.

Which they squandered by losing to the Ravens in the divisional round.

Some would say that the Titans were the victims of a little Myron Cope karma, given that some of the players opted to disrespect the Terrible Towel at the tail end of Tennessee’s win over Pittsburgh. :chuckle:

Now, cornerback Cortland Finnegan has called out the guys who danced on the rectangular chunk of yellow material, during a chat on NFL.com (via JJ Cooper of Fanhouse).

“Certain individuals may do that, but that’s not what this team is all about,” Finnegan said. “That’s not what this coach is about, that’s not what our team is about. You do it in between the lines . . . the rest of it is unacceptable.”

Uh oh.

Another article

http://nfl.fanhouse.com/2009/05/12/finnegan-towel-stomp-was-unacceptable/

Godfather
05-12-2009, 10:38 PM
Lenwhale's gonna be mad. Finnegan needs to keep a box of Twinkies with him at all times so he can throw it in the opposite direction and run.

Psyychoward86
05-12-2009, 10:53 PM
It aint karma until we thoroughly stomp on their facemasks in Week one.

fansince'76
05-12-2009, 10:58 PM
Some would say that the Titans were the victims of a little Myron Cope karma, given that some of the players opted to disrespect the Terrible Towel at the tail end of Tennessee’s win over Pittsburgh.

Or they could have simply been overrated to begin with after beating up on a schedule filled with mostly creampuffs all season. They still have an asskicking coming in September.

JackHammer
05-13-2009, 12:55 AM
They're just trying to defuse the situation before the season opener. It's not gonna work. Yinz already profanityfilterprofanityfilterprofanityfilterprofa nityfiltered up and the time will come when you have to own up to it, face to face with the real men in black.

Galax Steeler
05-13-2009, 04:19 AM
I just hope we stomp a mud hole in there ass when we play them this year.

stillers4me
05-13-2009, 05:00 AM
Ryan Clark said in an interview that the real payback will be watching the Titans being forced to watch all of our pregame Super Bowl celebrations before the game.

SCSTILLER
05-13-2009, 07:25 AM
“Certain individuals may do that, but that’s not what this team is all about,” Finnegan said. “That’s not what this coach is about, that’s not what our team is about. You do it in between the lines . . . the rest of it is unacceptable.”

Now, I have a problem with this quote. If this isn't what Coach Fisher is about, why didn't he say anything about it. If he did and I didn't hear it, then good. I would hope that Coach Tomlin would put our players in check if they did something disrespectful like that.

Ryan Clark said in an interview that the real payback will be watching the Titans being forced to watch all of our pregame Super Bowl celebrations before the game.

I have to agree with Clark, that is the ultimate payback. The Titans may have won the battle, but we won the war!

KeiselPower99
05-13-2009, 08:06 AM
Having Bullock and White watch us unveil the banner that reads Super Bowl 43 Champions and seeing all those towels waving is good enough payback. Ya knew they was gonna downplay that as much as possible but for us we dont need no stinkin reminder.

VTsteel
05-14-2009, 07:37 PM
the Titans were the victims of a little Myron Cope karma,

The Cope Karma is strong :hypno:

Dino 6 Rings
05-15-2009, 10:59 AM
Thing is...he's right to say that.

They are already dreading having to Visit the home of the NFL Super Bowl Champion Pittsburgh Steelers and face the Fury and Violence that will be beaten into their faces play after play after play.

Wanna bet Nate Washington is down there saying "Guys, the Steelers are still pisssed off about that, we are going to be in a War in week 1, don't kid yourselves. They circled this game On February 2nd."

Yeah...they are already showing their Fear. The Beat Down Cometh.