PDA

View Full Version : Bill passes to allow gun carry in National Parks

Fire Haley
05-13-2009, 06:12 PM
Woo-hoo!

Them hogs and bears and muggers better watch out now.

Roll Call: Allowing guns in national parks measure

The 67-29 roll call by which the Senate on Tuesday approved an amendment that would allow people to carry loaded guns in national parks and wildlife refuges.

On this vote, a "yes" vote was a vote to support the amendment and a "no" vote was a vote against it.

Voting "yes" were 27 Democrats, 39 Republicans and 1 independent.
Voting "no" were 27 Democrats, 1 Republican and 1 independent.

http://news.aol.com/article/roll-call-allowing-guns-in-national/479363

----------------------------------

Now watch them add a 8000% sales tax increase on ammunition.

Another "sin" tax.

steelwall
05-13-2009, 07:39 PM
Wonder how many Dems would change their vote after their leg was chewed off by a bear??? hmmmmm

I personally never venture out in the woods without some sort of firearm... not looking to kill any animal, but I'll be damed if I get eaten, or snake bit.

TheWarDen86
05-13-2009, 07:45 PM
Wow. These are not your Daddy's democrats.?.

tony hipchest
05-13-2009, 08:04 PM
"wildlife refuges"?

i wont be happy until i can carry my gat in the zoo.

MACH1
05-13-2009, 09:00 PM
WooHoo, now I might think about going camping in Yellowstone. Not

SCSTILLER
05-14-2009, 09:33 AM
This is a great thing. I ran into a bear one time hiking and it was a bit hairy. She wasn't happy that I was there, and luckily she didn't charge. If she would have charged I would have been helpless, wouldn't have had to play dead because I would have BEEN DEAD. Now, if I had a firearm, my first shot or shots would not have been at the bear, they would have been in the air to spook her. If she would keep coming then I would take her out.

Just imagine you are walking with your kids on a nice hike in a national park and you get attacked by a bear. I gaurandamntee it that you will wish you had/want a gun!

Fire Haley
05-20-2009, 02:45 PM
The Bill will now become official when Obama signs it...

The House voted Wednesday to join the Senate in approving sweeping restrictions on the credit card industry, as well as an unrelated measure, which the House passed separately, to allow loaded guns in parks

Gitmo still open for business, military tribunals still in full swing, warrant-less wiretapping still occurring, military surge in Afghanistan, drones bombing sovereign Pakistan, and now loaded firearms approved in national parks...

When-oh-when is the Bush-Hitler regime going to end?

fansince'76
05-20-2009, 03:56 PM
Gitmo still open for business, military tribunals still in full swing....military surge in Afghanistan, drones bombing sovereign Pakistan....When-oh-when is the Bush-Hitler regime going to end?

You're right - we really should leave the poor little radical Muslims alone and they'd be sure to leave us alone in return. Then we could finally all come together in a big circle, join hands and sing "Kumbaya" for the rest of eternity. But only after all the infidels willingly submit to Sharia Law, of course. :rolleyes:

Vincent
05-20-2009, 04:27 PM
This is a great thing. I ran into a bear one time hiking and it was a bit hairy. She wasn't happy that I was there, and luckily she didn't charge. If she would have charged I would have been helpless, wouldn't have had to play dead because I would have BEEN DEAD. Now, if I had a firearm, my first shot or shots would not have been at the bear, they would have been in the air to spook her. If she would keep coming then I would take her out.

Just imagine you are walking with your kids on a nice hike in a national park and you get attacked by a bear. I gaurandamntee it that you will wish you had/want a gun!

I visited my Grandfather in Alaska in 1969. We did a lot of fishing in the wilds. He always had his 44 mag at the ready. He gave me a 44 Bulldog to use. GPa's rule for bears. Don't hesitate. Make the first shot between the eyes or you'll just piss it off worse and you're dead meat. And when in bear country, go big bore.

Fire Haley
05-20-2009, 09:04 PM
only after all the infidels willingly submit to Sharia Law,

Obamarama is going to Egypt to speak from a Mosque, I'm sure we'll know more after the Messiah speaks.

Fire Haley
05-20-2009, 09:12 PM
I visited my Grandfather in Alaska in 1969. We did a lot of fishing in the wilds. He always had his 44 mag at the ready. He gave me a 44 Bulldog to use. GPa's rule for bears. Don't hesitate. Make the first shot between the eyes or you'll just piss it off worse and you're dead meat. And when in bear country, go big bore.

I lived in Alaska for 3 years. I always carried a .44 mag pistol and a shotgun loaded with 00 buck, slug, 00 buck, slug, etc.......spray the face, slug the body, spray the face, slug the body.

That's what I learned from the oldtimers - I did lot of backcountry hiking, hunting. and fishing in brown and black bear territory. Saw a lot - never had to get defensive. When bears get hunted, they tend to get spooky and take off, unless you get a shebear with cubs, or you're sitting on a gutpile of moose or deer - then all bets are off.

billybob
05-20-2009, 09:53 PM
Just another play on the current administrations view on gun laws . We will always bear arms , if not , then we will have the right to become terrorists . Leave Obama - Bin Laden alone . He did not make a wrong move worth fighting about yet . I did not know this was such an isssue .
It was his opposition that came up with that ploy . Has not happened as fore-seen .
Let the man alone , and let him do his job . If he messes up , then call for his neck in a noose .
Anyone tries any sort of attack on our soil will quickly realize why we have such rights .

Fire Haley
05-20-2009, 10:36 PM
Wolverines!

http://blog.redbox.com/.a/6a00e5510dc3dd883301157041f236970b-800wi

A country boy will survive.