PDA

View Full Version : Pens / Canes

Pages : 1 [2]

Fire Haley
05-22-2009, 06:59 PM
I see no conspiracy involved. It's just hockey.

Cmdurand21
05-22-2009, 07:34 PM
--Bill Cowher WILL sound the siren for the Canes in Game Four against the Pens. He's officially dead to Pittsburgh. [Morning Freak Show Blog]

http://www.kissfm961.com/pages/morningfreakshow.html?an=Cowher-Has-Crossed-Enemy-Lines

Fire Haley
05-22-2009, 07:49 PM
Oh yeah - he's a Caniac! I think I saw spit flying.

HometownGal
05-22-2009, 08:58 PM
Though I'd rather see The Chin rooting for the Pens as he is home grown, becoming a Canes fan is his choice and if you stop and think about it, a very smart move for him. I think everyone knows by now that Cowher is waiting for John Fox to get canned by the Panthers and guess who's gonna step right in there? Backing the local yocal teams bodes in his favor in the long run, so though I'm not happy about it, I understand why he's doing what he is.

I_Bleed_Black_And_Gold
05-23-2009, 06:11 AM
I see no conspiracy involved. It's just hockey.

If I didn't have to work for the next game I would keep a running tally of how many times a penalty got called on the pens and how few times they actually showed a replay of said penalty.

stlrtruck
05-23-2009, 11:41 AM
If I didn't have to work for the next game I would keep a running tally of how many times a penalty got called on the pens and how few times they actually showed a replay of said penalty.

Versus does a great job of showing the penalty replays on all accounts.

Fire Haley
05-23-2009, 12:29 PM
Versus coverage is not the greatest.

Maybe it's just me, but I hate when they keep zooming into one player and totally miss the rest of the action on the ice.

I can't count how many times when they were zeroing in on a close-up of a scrum on the boards and when the puck comes out, they miss a goal being scored.

No more views from behind the goal on PP's either - I hate that too.

SteelCityMan786
05-23-2009, 01:00 PM

I can understand if they did want to show that for replays though

Fire Haley
05-23-2009, 02:03 PM
Eh - I think NBC does the same thing now - I just wanna watch the games without all the jerking around of the cameras. It makes my eyes hurt.

anywhoo

I think the pressure is on the Canes now.

Give me a split onthe road - send it back to home ice up 3-1 and I'll be a happy camper!

come and git some!

Hail Satan

http://ms.hokej.sk/obrazky/49m/49263.jpg

stlrtruck
05-23-2009, 03:04 PM
Versus coverage is not the greatest.

Maybe it's just me, but I hate when they keep zooming into one player and totally miss the rest of the action on the ice.

I can't count how many times when they were zeroing in on a close-up of a scrum on the boards and when the puck comes out, they miss a goal being scored.

There hasn't been good coverage of the NHL since fox had the highlighted puck.

But Versus does a good job of reviewing the penalties which was the initial complaint.

Trust me, with Versus, I believe I could go there and do just as good a job. I just don't have the mullet.

Fire Haley
05-23-2009, 06:26 PM
Here's another thing I think I think

Satan has come alive. I actually witnessed him winning scrums along the boards lately, and now the fistcfuffs...

I used to watch those games - Satan was wicked against us in his day...he used to murder us...

Now he looks like he has a little life in his legs during this playoff run. I give him him credit....he sucked up the demotion and made the best out of it..lots of other vets wouldve chucked it in.

So, where is Sykora anyway?

SteelCityMan786
05-23-2009, 06:54 PM
Here's another thing I think I think

Satan has come alive. I actually witnessed him winning scrums along the boards lately, and now the fistcfuffs...

I used to watch those games - Satan was wicked against us in his day...he used to murder us...

Now he looks like he has a little life in his legs during this playoff run. I give him him credit....he sucked up the demotion and made the best out of it..lots of other vets wouldve chucked it in.

So, where is Sykora anyway?

Scratched.

Fire Haley
05-23-2009, 07:00 PM
Whatever - we don't miss him.

I'm totally in love with the setup we're running.

I 100% back Bylsma on this 7 defenseman decision. Being able to double shift Sid And Malkin is a huge spark plug of our offense, and rolling 7 lets us have enough guys not getting tired.

7/39/43
05-23-2009, 07:24 PM
ALMOST FACE OFF TIME!

HometownGal
05-23-2009, 07:30 PM
Whatever - we don't miss him.

I'm totally in love with the setup we're running.

I 100% back Bylsma on this 7 defenseman decision. Being able to double shift Sid And Malkin is a huge spark plug of our offense, and rolling 7 lets us have enough guys not getting tired.

I'm in total agreement! :drink: I love how Bylsma is mixing it up - keeps the Canes off guard. I'm not usually in favor of putting Sid and Geno together out there unless on the PP, but the Canes can't double team both of 'em on the same shift! :thumbsup:

Game time is here!

LETS GO PENS!!!! :applaudit:

HometownGal
05-23-2009, 07:32 PM
I see Tweedle Dee and Tweedle Dum are announcing the game again. :yuck: :rolleyes:

HometownGal
05-23-2009, 07:40 PM
Here we go!!! :banana:

HometownGal
05-23-2009, 07:45 PM
SHIT.

Oh well - the Pens need to answer. :hope:

SteelCityMan786
05-23-2009, 07:48 PM
How about someone give Fleury some help??? He would LOVE IT!!!!

Come on guys, no time like tonight to give Carolina their first loss when the score first.

HometownGal
05-23-2009, 07:49 PM
Pens going to go on the PP for the first time tonight. Let's get that goal back boyz!

SteelCityMan786
05-23-2009, 07:50 PM
LETS GET THAT GARBAGE GOAL BACK BOYS!!!!!

HometownGal
05-23-2009, 07:52 PM
Who gives a flying hoot about their tailgating? Pay attention to the freakin' game!!!

HometownGal
05-23-2009, 07:52 PM
GENO WITH THE TYING GOAL!!!! :banana: :banana: :banana:

SteelCityMan786
05-23-2009, 07:54 PM
WELL DONE GENO!!!!

SteelCityMan786
05-23-2009, 07:58 PM
They have scored 1 goal on the PP. How about another??

HometownGal
05-23-2009, 07:59 PM
Pens coming up on another PP - make it count!

HometownGal
05-23-2009, 08:14 PM
SID SHOOTS AND SCORES ON A GRRRREAT PASS FROM BILLY G!!! :banana: :banana: :banana:

2-1 Pens near the end of the 1st! :thumbsup:

HometownGal
05-23-2009, 08:15 PM
GENO WITH GOAL #2!!!!! :drink: :banana:

3-1 Pens!

SteelCityMan786
05-23-2009, 08:30 PM
Good Response, Keep it up in the 2nd!!!

HometownGal
05-23-2009, 08:31 PM
Pens had double the shots the Canes did in the 1st. 16-8. Keep firing away - I think we're in Ward's head now.

HometownGal
05-23-2009, 08:34 PM
Let's have a good 2nd period guyz!!! Keep shooting that puck!!!

HometownGal
05-23-2009, 08:40 PM
Pens on 3rd PP! Let's get another one here.

SteelCityMan786
05-23-2009, 08:40 PM
Confusing how they got that PP, but I'll take it. MAKE IT COUNT!!!!

HometownGal
05-23-2009, 08:44 PM
GREAT save by Fleury!!!!

SteelCityMan786
05-23-2009, 08:57 PM
Another GREAT work by Fleury.

HometownGal
05-23-2009, 08:58 PM
Confusing how they got that PP, but I'll take it. MAKE IT COUNT!!!!

One of the Canes knocked it over the glass. Though I'll take a PP on that call every time, I think it is one of the most ridiculous penalties out there.

SteelCityMan786
05-23-2009, 09:00 PM
One of the Canes knocked it over the glass. Though I'll take a PP on that call every time, I think it is one of the most ridiculous penalties out there.

Gonchar pulled that stunt against the Caps to.

SteelCityMan786
05-23-2009, 09:15 PM
Lets finish them off in the 3rd!!!!

HometownGal
05-23-2009, 09:18 PM
Gonchar pulled that stunt against the Caps to.

Serg doesn't play that way - if he knocked it over the glass, it was unintentional. Most of those are. The NHL needs to get rid of that penalty imho.

SOG at the end of the 2nd - 31/16 Pens. :thumbsup:

SteelCityMan786
05-23-2009, 09:22 PM
Serg doesn't play that way - if he knocked it over the glass, it was unintentional. Most of those are. The NHL needs to get rid of that penalty imho.

SOG at the end of the 2nd - 31/16 Pens. :thumbsup:

Yeah I would agree to that.

I'm with you. Especially if you're about to get the snot knocked out of you with possession of the puck.

HometownGal
05-23-2009, 09:22 PM
Keep up that intensity that you showed in the second period guyz!

SteelCityMan786
05-23-2009, 09:24 PM
Damn Rebounds.

HometownGal
05-23-2009, 09:25 PM
Damn it - Samsonov scores for the Canes. Pens lead cut to 1.

We need to answer that goal in short order.

HometownGal
05-23-2009, 09:32 PM
What a LOAD OF BULLSHIT!!!! That was a clean check!!! :mad:

SteelCityMan786
05-23-2009, 09:33 PM

Exactly. How is that a cross check or whatever they're going to call. Besides, Eaves should get a penalty against himself for Elbowing Gonchar in the face if they're gonna call Gonchar.

HometownGal
05-23-2009, 09:33 PM
Exactly. How is that a cross check or whatever they're going to call. Besides, Eaves should get a penalty against himself for Elbowing Gonchar in the face if they're gonna call Gonchar.

What about that Cane running into Fleury a little while ago??? What a crock.

SteelCityMan786
05-23-2009, 09:35 PM
What about that Cane running into Fleury a little while ago??? What a crock.

That one to. But now we must be like the true fans a take the high road like we normally do. :drink:

pittsburghp8baller
05-23-2009, 09:36 PM

Walker was facing the boards and was checked down into the boards, more times than not its gonna be a penalty.

we are gonna need Fleury to come up big in the third, but i guess thats pretty obvious.

HometownGal
05-23-2009, 09:38 PM
Good job on the PK. :thumbsup: :drink:

1/2 a period to play. Get a couple of goals here guys and put 'em away.

HometownGal
05-23-2009, 09:40 PM
Walker was facing the boards and was checked down into the boards, more times than not its gonna be a penalty.

we are gonna need Fleury to come up big in the third, but i guess thats pretty obvious.

More often than not, as well, when a player blatantly slams into your goaltender it's called and it wasn't. I've seen worse hits than Gonchar's not called.

You're absolutely right - Fleury has to come up BIG here. We need another goal before the 2 minute mark, as Ward will be coming out of the net shortly thereafter.

HometownGal
05-23-2009, 09:42 PM
WOOOOOO HOOOOOO!!!!!! Tank puts one in behind Ward on a great pass by Geno! :banana:

Pens up 4-2 with under 9 to go!

Texasteel
05-23-2009, 09:47 PM
Damn guys, you've made a hockey fan out of me. Still have no idea whats going on, but I'm lovin this.

HometownGal
05-23-2009, 09:48 PM
This is going to be a looooooong 5 minutes.

HometownGal
05-23-2009, 09:50 PM
Where the FFFFFF is the elbowing penalty there????

HometownGal
05-23-2009, 09:52 PM
SHIT. Looks like Geno's hurting after that blistering check.

HometownGal
05-23-2009, 09:52 PM
Refs playing a little even up here, eh?

SteelCityMan786
05-23-2009, 09:54 PM
4 on 4 Coming.

HometownGal
05-23-2009, 09:54 PM
Holy shit - they finally called the Canes.

Edman
05-23-2009, 09:56 PM
Empty NETTER!

5-2!

HometownGal
05-23-2009, 09:56 PM
ITS OVER!!!!!!! Goal right off the draw !

SteelCityMan786
05-23-2009, 09:57 PM
NICE WORK BY ADAMS!!!!!

HometownGal
05-23-2009, 09:58 PM
Billy G with the goal and it's 6-2 Pens!! :banana: :banana:

Dayum this team is so freakin' exciting to watch!!

Edman
05-23-2009, 09:59 PM
The Canes are dead.

Pens will go up 3-0.

HometownGal
05-23-2009, 10:00 PM
Boucher mixes it up with the dickbag who gooned Letang on Thursday night. Good job Phillipe! :drink:

Edman
05-23-2009, 10:01 PM
One game away from a return trip to the SCF!

Great game Penguins!

HometownGal
05-23-2009, 10:06 PM
One game away from a return trip to the SCF!

Great game Penguins!

You betcha! :drink:

X-Terminator
05-23-2009, 10:17 PM
Damn guys, you've made a hockey fan out of me. Still have no idea whats going on, but I'm lovin this.

Keep watching and keep paying attention, and I guarantee you you'll be hooked. Hockey is addictive!

Malkin and Crosby are just killing the Canes right now. They have absolutely no answer for them. Malkin especially - he is absolutely in a zone right now. 16 points in his last 6 games!

A great, dominating win for the Pens tonight. One more, and it's back to the SCF. The look so determined, and that determination coupled with all of that offensive talent is turning out to be more than the Canes can handle. But still...I will not count them out. That 4th win is the toughest to get, especially with a chance to sweep. They will bring everything they have on Tuesday, I have no doubt about it.

stlrtruck
05-23-2009, 10:44 PM
The Canes are dead.

Pens will go up 3-0.

Don't count them out just yet. I can see them winning game 4 just off emotion (not saying they will) and then the Pens taking it in Game 5.

Just hoping that the blackhawks give the red wings a little more of a problem.

Godfather
05-23-2009, 11:40 PM
Boucher mixes it up with the dickbag who gooned Letang on Thursday night. Good job Phillipe! :drink:

NEVER pick a fight with a guy named Boucher!

Oh, and I love your avatar.

SteelCityMan786
05-23-2009, 11:56 PM
NEVER pick a fight with a guy named Boucher!

Oh, and I love your avatar.

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_PuZoLkvmBbc/SYpKfEUve7I/AAAAAAAACYo/_05WW1Gyw1Y/s320/Bobby+Boucher.jpg

He'd agree with you.

I-Want-Troy's-Hair
05-24-2009, 01:27 AM

I am right there with you, I have no idea what is going but am picking it slowly. I don't know if I could watch a full season of football AND hockey without being hospitalized due to the stress. It seems there is much more screaming at the TV watching hockey vs football. :chuckle:

Malkin --- Makin --- Malkin --- :tt02::tt02:
Crosby --- Crosby --- Crosby --- :tt02:

SteelersinCA
05-24-2009, 02:23 AM
Keep watching and keep paying attention, and I guarantee you you'll be hooked. Hockey is addictive!

Malkin and Crosby are just killing the Canes right now. They have absolutely no answer for them. Malkin especially - he is absolutely in a zone right now. 16 points in his last 6 games!

A great, dominating win for the Pens tonight. One more, and it's back to the SCF. The look so determined, and that determination coupled with all of that offensive talent is turning out to be more than the Canes can handle. But still...I will not count them out. That 4th win is the toughest to get, especially with a chance to sweep. They will bring everything they have on Tuesday, I have no doubt about it.

Dare I say it on SF, but I think hockey is the best sport to watch live. I think it is just phenomenal.

Fire Haley
05-24-2009, 03:30 AM
SHIT. Looks like Geno's hurting after that blistering check.

He got kicked in the side of the face with the skate boot - that was scary, I had to look at his throat to make sure it wasn't a blade cut.

This is really the first time we've ever seen Sid and Malkin both at the top of their games at the same time, and it's quite a sight to see, eh?

Malkin + Sid: 16 GP, 26 G, 28 A, 54 points UNREAL.:tt03:

SteelCityMan786
05-24-2009, 10:36 AM
Dare I say it on SF, but I think hockey is the best sport to watch live. I think it is just phenomenal.

Football and Hockey are equal to watch live in my book.

pittsburghp8baller
05-24-2009, 11:13 AM

ive been hooked since i was 5, i love hockey, its by far my favorite sport.

I promised my brother id take him to see the new Terminator moive and the only time he was free was 10:00 last night so i missed the last part of the game and i was so nervous, but he got a text during the movie that we won, which helped me watch the movie easier.

the Canes are gonna be giving everything they got and then some. i have a feeling we may have to weather a huge storm during the first part of the game, if we get by we could end it there

Fire Haley
05-24-2009, 11:51 AM

That was Bayda again, the punk. Notice that none of the Canes players were all that interested in coming to Bayda's defense.
Boucher is da man!!! I laughed.

I laughed at a lot of things - did you hear the crowd serenading Ward?
Wasn't that a Canes home game? ha ha

SteelCityMan786
05-24-2009, 12:01 PM
That was Bayda again, the punk. Notice that none of the Canes players were all that interested in coming to Bayda's defense.
Boucher is da man!!! I laughed.

I laughed at a lot of things - did you hear the crowd serenading Ward?
Wasn't that a Canes home game? ha ha

Bayda can now join the Sean Avery list.

tony hipchest
05-24-2009, 12:18 PM
ive always thought that television broadcasts do new fans a disservice. when games are called they are definitely called with the seasoned fan in mind.

i guess its because its such a fast game with so much happening there is no room for extra chatter. for the fist year or 2 i watched i didnt even understand the line changes of how "offsides" was called. the announcers do nothing to even talk about this.

i was spoiled by nascar, whose broadcasters have always done an excellent job to explain the dynamics of the sport to new viewers w/o it getting stale and redundant for the old fans. nascar is a bit different in that there is some idle time to fill with chatter.

i just wish hockey could show some more of the line changes and substitutions. that (and being able to see the whole ice) has got to make a hockey game 10X better in real life.

anyways, sid is real close to breaking the all time playoff goal record, right? i thouht he was just a few off at the end of last series. what is it? 16?

as steve miller would say.... "keep on rockin..." :tt03:

Fire Haley
05-24-2009, 12:27 PM
anyways, sid is real close to breaking the all time playoff goal record, right? i thouht he was just a few off at the end of last series. what is it? 16?

No, it's still a ways away - 19
Sid now has 14.

btw - Kunitz is 5th in playoff assists. Only 1 behind Sid.

How about the all time PPG leaders(min 40 games)?

Gretzky
Lemieux
Crosby
Malkin
Messier

Bylsma has made all the difference - let em play, coach!

http://www.cbc.ca/gfx/topstory/bylsma_d1206a.jpg

tony hipchest
05-24-2009, 12:51 PM
How about the all time PPG leaders(min 40 games)?

Gretzky
Lemieux
Crosby
Malkin
Messier

:jawdrop: thats some pretty good company to keep.

damn. theyre so young. i woulda never thunk it. its scary to think of what they can do in the next 7-10 yrs.

SteelCityMan786
05-24-2009, 01:06 PM

damn. theyre so young. i woulda never thunk it. its scary to think of what they can do in the next 7-10 yrs.

And they haven't peaked yet. That's even scarier.

HometownGal
05-24-2009, 06:31 PM
And they haven't peaked yet. That's even scarier.

I know. But it's damned good scary! :applaudit:

I'm so proud of this team and what they've accomplished in these playoffs. Admittedly, I wasn't happy when Therrien was given the boot as I thought he did a great job with the team last season and was the anointed "scapegoat", but after experiencing Bylsma for the past couple of months and seeing such a drastic and positive change in this team, the guy deserves every bit of kudos out there. :drink:

Tuesday night can't get here fast enough! :banana:

I_Bleed_Black_And_Gold
05-25-2009, 02:59 PM
i was spoiled by nascar, whose broadcasters have always done an excellent job to explain the dynamics of the sport to new viewers

I think "drive in circles for 6 hours" sums it up nicely. I always get my head taken off for this since I live in the south, but NASCAR is not a sport! If NASCAR is a sport, me driving to work in rush hour makes me an amateur athlete. I am also skilled in turning right :toofunny:

Anyway, off my high horse.

Do we want to win game four and have a long time between series, or do we want to stretch this out to keep the rust off?

SteelCityMan786
05-25-2009, 03:25 PM
I know. But it's damned good scary! :applaudit:

I'm so proud of this team and what they've accomplished in these playoffs. Admittedly, I wasn't happy when Therrien was given the boot as I thought he did a great job with the team last season and was the anointed "scapegoat", but after experiencing Bylsma for the past couple of months and seeing such a drastic and positive change in this team, the guy deserves every bit of kudos out there. :drink:

Tuesday night can't get here fast enough! :banana:

I blasted the Therrien move, but essentially, Bylsma picked up where Therrien left off with building the team and took things to an even higher standard.

tony hipchest
05-25-2009, 04:31 PM
If NASCAR is a sport, me driving to work in rush hour makes me an amateur athlete. I am also skilled in turning right :toofunny:

Anyway, off my high horse.

?

:yeehaw:

if making that 30 minute crawl at 30-60 MPH around the thriving metropolis of birmingham makes you more atheletic, then so be it. :chuckle:

as far as your right hand skill sets :jerkit: i have seen women who can make the same crawl, while talking on the cellphone, putting on make-up and drinking coffee at the same time. :noidea:

you never see them thump their breasts about it though.

anyways, this is a hockey thread and nascar was only brought up to compare the telivision coverage of the 2 SPORTS, and how hockey broadcasts and announcers fall short of educating new fans.

as far as generating national appeal, theres alot the NHL could learn from NASCAR.

your incorrect opinion if it is a sport or not is really irrelevant and insignificant.

anyways be sure to buckle up and wear your helmet while making that treacherous "rush hour" drive.

:getdown:

X-Terminator
05-25-2009, 05:38 PM
I think "drive in circles for 6 hours" sums it up nicely. I always get my head taken off for this since I live in the south, but NASCAR is not a sport! If NASCAR is a sport, me driving to work in rush hour makes me an amateur athlete. I am also skilled in turning right :toofunny:

Actually, they're turning left. I'm not a NASCAR fan nor do I live in the South, and I know that! :flap:

anyways, this is a hockey thread and nascar was only brought up to compare the telivision coverage of the 2 SPORTS, and how hockey broadcasts and announcers fall short of educating new fans.

as far as generating national appeal, theres alot the NHL could learn from NASCAR.

This is why I miss Mike Lange calling Pens' games on TV. He always made it a point to educate new fans on the rules of the game, and given the number of Pens' bandwagoners in the past 3 years, he's had to do that a lot. :wink02: When the games were on ESPN, those guys did it a bit too, but nowadays the national announcers seem to cater only to the educated fans rather than the newbies. You can't have new fans if they don't understand the game they're watching.

tony hipchest
05-26-2009, 12:55 AM
Actually, they're turning left. I'm not a NASCAR fan nor do I live in the South, and I know that! :flap:

This is why I miss Mike Lange calling Pens' games on TV. He always made it a point to educate new fans on the rules of the game, and given the number of Pens' bandwagoners in the past 3 years, he's had to do that a lot. :wink02: When the games were on ESPN, those guys did it a bit too, but nowadays the national announcers seem to cater only to the educated fans rather than the newbies. You can't have new fans if they don't understand the game they're watching.i think he knew that and by inferring that he could also turn right was suggesting that he was twice the amount an of athelete that a nascar driver is. after all if driving in birmingham traffic for 30 minutes can make you an amatuer...

its funny.

nascar and the nhl were on similar paths. hockey was pretty much a north eastern phenomenon, whereas nascar was southeast.

hockey expanded to cali, phoenix and denver, and nascar expanded to cali, phoenix, las vegas, texas, chicago, and KC.

the national appeal for nascar has grown in leaps and bounds, whereas hockey has suffered.

i really only follow the penguins or the stanley cup finals. the nhl has only itself to blame for that.

they simply cant rely on an ice sheet covering the southwest and getting kids in the desert into hockey.

its an amazing and mind boggling sport (just like nascar). i just wish there was more they could do to translate that to television. of course, around here we didnt even see hockey on tv until gretzky and lemieux popularized it and espn and fox made it a part of their national broadcasts.

I_Bleed_Black_And_Gold
05-26-2009, 05:48 AM
http://www.impawards.com/2006/posters/talladega_nights_ver2.jpg

Shake and Bake?
http://cache.daylife.com/imageserve/03ew2yq5EK7tM/340x.jpg

The_WARDen
05-26-2009, 08:23 AM

unfortunately, it's PPG so it's more than likely that they'll drop down on the list as they play in more playoff games.

HometownGal
05-26-2009, 10:27 AM
I blasted the Therrien move, but essentially, Bylsma picked up where Therrien left off with building the team and took things to an even higher standard.

Gotta give Shero mad props for the success this team has had over the years, but in particular, this season's playoff run. :hatsoff: He knew exactly which pieces to look for to complete the puzzle and these guys have gelled together very nicely!

Can't wait until tonight's game - I've been pumped up all weekend! :banana:

LETS GO PENS!

trauben
05-26-2009, 12:08 PM
http://www.impawards.com/2006/posters/talladega_nights_ver2.jpg

Shake and Bake?
http://cache.daylife.com/imageserve/03ew2yq5EK7tM/340x.jpg

http://www.thepensblog.bloguin.com/images/stories/2009_playoffs/recaps/ecf_2.3.dr/495a1249f785e0561da7fc4749a4e082-getty-87244597kc033_pittsburgh_pe.jpg
BAD AND BADASS :tt02::thumbsup:

Fire Haley
05-26-2009, 12:14 PM
Let's end this NOW!

Don't take no crap - Come out fighting

http://i41.tinypic.com/2egb58n.jpg

Fire Haley
05-26-2009, 03:27 PM
Actually, they're turning left. I'm not a NASCAR fan nor do I live in the South, and I know that!

You done learned real good.

HometownGal
05-26-2009, 04:18 PM
You done learned real good.

Don't let him fool ya - he went to his first NASCAR race at Dover with us last September. :chuckle:

Fire Haley
05-26-2009, 07:01 PM
Pens having fun on days off....

http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=423778

At one point, all 20 skaters were around the crease of Marc-Andre Fleury, trying to jam a puck past the goalie. Fleury, having seen enough, gloved the puck and threw it into the stands.

Suddenly the players were yelling at a couple reporters to get the puck and return it to the ice surface. Once the puck was located and returned to action, the Pittsburgh skaters were dismayed to find Fleury had found help, conscripting backup goalie Mathieu Garon to join him in the crease.

Suddenly, Fleury and Garon were side-by-side on the goal line, turning away rebound attempt after rebound attempt. But even there, was a lesson, said Fleury.

"Coach is always telling the guys to drive to the net," he said, chuckling.

Later in practice, the team had a shootout competition in which a player had to keep shooting until he scored. The competition continues until one player is remaining. Throughout the competition, Fleury playfully taunted the players against which he made saves. Those that scored jumped against the glass or did pump-fist celebrations.

But as soon as practice was complete and the players walked off the ice -- laughing and smiling as they trudged to the vistors' dressing room -- the fun was over.

Now, it was time to once again put all thoughts toward Game 4. Bylsma is pretty confident that his team will have the proper focus when the puck drops for that contest.

"Every coach has a lot of thoughts go through their brain and contemplates what their team needs in terms of focus on the game, and focus for the game plan. We certainly know the situation we're in, being up 3-0. We also know we haven't won four games. This is a race to four, and we still have more work to do to get there.

"We're not there yet. We still have work to do. And, we're good about being focused today on what we needed to do."

Edman
05-26-2009, 07:31 PM
Even if the Pens lose tonight, I wouldn't be too disappointed. A sweep would be great, but the Canes are a professional team and they didn't get here for nothing. They will fight to the end.

Let's go Pens.

HometownGal
05-26-2009, 07:32 PM
This is a race to four, and we still have more work to do to get there.

:applaudit::hatsoff::tt03:

Opening faceoff is minutes away. Let's wrap it up tonight boyz.

LETS GO PENS!!!

HometownGal
05-26-2009, 07:34 PM
Even if the Pens lose tonight, I wouldn't be too disappointed. A sweep would be great, but the Canes are a professional team and they didn't get here for nothing. They will fight to the end.

Let's go Pens.

Couldn't have said it better, Ed. :drink:

The Canes are a damned good team (like the Caps), but whether it's tonight or whenever - the Pens are on a mission and are playing not only with their hearts, but their souls. :tt03:

HometownGal
05-26-2009, 07:43 PM
Not good. Eric Staal just put one in behind Fleury.

Canes up 1-0 early in the 1st.

Edman
05-26-2009, 07:43 PM
Eric Staal with the early goal.

Oh well, we've all seen how Game 3 started...

SteelCityMan786
05-26-2009, 07:46 PM
No stupid penalties guys. Come on, keep your heads up. LOTS OF TIME LEFT!!!!

HometownGal
05-26-2009, 07:49 PM
Is Geno playing tonight? I haven't seen him on the ice yet.

SteelCityMan786
05-26-2009, 07:51 PM
Is Geno playing tonight? I haven't seen him on the ice yet.

I think I did see him.

HometownGal
05-26-2009, 07:52 PM
I think I did see him.

I know he got cut in the face with a skate on Saturday night, but I didn't hear anything on the sports shows that he wouldn't be in the lineup tonight. He's usually more visible on the ice - that's why I questioned as to whether he was playing or not.

HometownGal
05-26-2009, 07:53 PM
OK - I see him now. He just took the faceoff.

HometownGal
05-26-2009, 07:55 PM
FEDOTENKO SCORES and it's all tied up at 1!!! Great play Tank! :banana: :banana:

SteelCityMan786
05-26-2009, 07:57 PM
YEAH TANK!!!!

HometownGal
05-26-2009, 07:58 PM
WTF?????????

SteelCityMan786
05-26-2009, 07:59 PM
Time for some resiliency Pens!!!!

SteelCityMan786
05-26-2009, 08:05 PM
Ok PP Time!!!!

HometownGal
05-26-2009, 08:05 PM
Pens on their 1st PP. Lets take the lead here!

HometownGal
05-26-2009, 08:10 PM
WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!

Max gets the go-ahead goal! :banana:

SteelCityMan786
05-26-2009, 08:12 PM
YEAH SUPERSTAR!!!!! WAY TO GO!!!!!

HometownGal
05-26-2009, 08:12 PM
I absolutely loathe that SOB Walker. :mad:

HometownGal
05-26-2009, 08:13 PM
Why the F isn't Walker in the sin bin too???? What a CROCK.

NEPAsteeler
05-26-2009, 08:15 PM
The sight of Terrible Towels is making me happy. lol!

Let's Go Pens!

HometownGal
05-26-2009, 08:18 PM
YEAH SUPERSTAR!!!!! WAY TO GO!!!!!

:laughing::applaudit::hatsoff:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KOrvdvczpEA

HometownGal
05-26-2009, 08:35 PM
Great job on the PK!

HometownGal
05-26-2009, 08:36 PM
Pens on their 2nd PP. Let's get that 3rd goal here!

SteelCityMan786
05-26-2009, 08:39 PM
:laughing::applaudit::hatsoff:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KOrvdvczpEA

:sofunny::sofunny::sofunny:

Edman
05-26-2009, 08:46 PM
Sigh...

There goes Cowher.

HometownGal
05-26-2009, 08:48 PM
Looks like we're 4 on 4. Gonchar saved a short handed goal there.

SteelCityMan786
05-26-2009, 08:49 PM
Looks like we're 4 on 4. Gonchar saved a short handed goal there.

All penalties appear to be those unavoidable ones tonight.

HometownGal
05-26-2009, 08:56 PM
And the Pens take a 3-1 lead on a great pass by Sid to Billy G! :banana: :thumbsup:

Texasteel
05-26-2009, 08:58 PM
This is starting to be the routine, isn't it. The other team scores first, then the Pens turn it on.

Edman
05-26-2009, 08:59 PM
Penguins doing a great job holding off Carolina's desperation so far.

SteelCityMan786
05-26-2009, 09:02 PM
This is starting to be the routine, isn't it. The other team scores first, then the Pens turn it on.

That's been the case since this series shifted to Raleigh.

HometownGal
05-26-2009, 09:06 PM
Fleury is standing VERY tall here!

Edman
05-26-2009, 09:08 PM
MAF is playing a great game so far. 2/3rd's of the way there. Hold Fast, Penguins.

Now the fun begins. We're in for an exciting period.

Texasteel
05-26-2009, 09:10 PM
MAF is playing a great game so far. 2/3rd's of the way there.

Now the fun begins.

You mean it get better?

HometownGal
05-26-2009, 09:18 PM
You mean it get better?

Yeppers! The Canes are going to bring everything they have and then some and the Pens are going to have to stand strong and try to put a few more in the net.

SteelCityMan786
05-26-2009, 09:19 PM
Yeppers! The Canes are going to bring everything they have and then some and the Pens are going to have to stand strong and try to put a few more in the net.

Even if the Canes fall, they will want to do it having given a fight.

HometownGal
05-26-2009, 09:27 PM
Atta boy Fleury! :drink:

HometownGal
05-26-2009, 09:31 PM
Stoned by Fleury again!!! Unfortunately, we took a penalty. Stand strong PK units!

Edman
05-26-2009, 09:34 PM
The Hurricanes are doing everything they can. And thay're going to keep coming for the 14 minutes.

HometownGal
05-26-2009, 09:38 PM
Fleury once again. :banana:

SteelCityMan786
05-26-2009, 09:40 PM
Cole is getting BEAT UP pretty bad tonight.

HometownGal
05-26-2009, 09:44 PM
Pens on PP again. :thumbsup: Let's make it 4-1 here boyz! :hope:

HometownGal
05-26-2009, 09:47 PM
ANOTHER penalty against the Canes! WOOO HOOOO!!!!!

SteelCityMan786
05-26-2009, 09:47 PM
Lets get at least 1 of these.

Edman
05-26-2009, 09:52 PM
Four Minutes to go. Plenty of time left for crazy **** to happen!

SteelCityMan786
05-26-2009, 09:53 PM
Four Minutes to go. Plenty of time left for crazy **** to happen!

:iagree: you can't back down now.

Edman
05-26-2009, 09:56 PM
http://farm1.static.flickr.com/146/348624539_bdfa034c82.jpg

HometownGal
05-26-2009, 09:58 PM
WOOOOOO HOOOOOOO!!!!!

And the Pens are going to the Stanley Cup finals!!!

CONGRATULATIONS GUYS ON A GREAT PERFORMANCE!!!! :banana: :hatsoff:

Edman
05-26-2009, 09:58 PM
http://www.gascoals.net/Portals/1/087/CAL-T&T-300-FrenchStreetBroom.jpg

Edman
05-26-2009, 10:00 PM
BACK TO THE FINALS!!!!!

YEEEEEEEHHHAAAAAAAAAAWWWWWW!!!!!

Texasteel
I really hate being a bandwagon jumper, but this is fun.

HometownGal
http://www.edicius.org/blog/pics/sweep.png

HometownGal
05-26-2009, 10:01 PM
Fleury gets my #1 for player of the game. :thumbsup: :drink:

Edman
05-26-2009, 10:04 PM
MAF did a fantastic job this game. Player of the game.

ShutDown24
Do you know how much more confident I am in this team than I was last year? I can't wait for the finals! If it is the Red Wings that we face, as it appears, it will be almost extra special somehow. Particularly if we win.

HometownGal
If anyone can find the pic they just took of Sid, Geno and Serg, I'll rep ya for an entire week! :thumbsup:

fansince'76
05-26-2009, 10:07 PM
Super Bowl and now the Stanley Cup Finals for a second year in a row! :tt:

Maybe the Pirates will make some noise this year? :chuckle:

Godfather
05-26-2009, 10:10 PM

Nah, the Steelers and Pens are the sports gods' way of paying us reparations for having to put up with Nutting :laughing:

SteelCityMan786
05-26-2009, 10:41 PM
If anyone can find the pic they just took of Sid, Geno and Serg, I'll rep ya for an entire week! :thumbsup:

I like that he said forget not touching the trophy. It didn't work last year. I wonder if touching it will. It has happened before(HINT:Those of you who remember watching the 1991 and 1992 Conference Finals)

HometownGal
05-26-2009, 10:56 PM
Good read except for the "excuse making" part relative to the Canes' injuries. Imho - the more talented and more determined team won the series.

http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=423917&navid=DL|NHL|Home

Five reasons the Pens are headed back to the Final

Tuesday, 05.26.2009 / 10:06 PM /
By Shawn P. Roarke

There are a number of reasons why the Pittsburgh Penguins virtually lapped a very good -- and very game -- Carolina Hurricanes team in a stunning four-game ouster in what many expected to be a much more evenly balanced Eastern Conference Finals.

But here are the five most telling reasons why the Penguins are making plans to face either the Detroit Red Wings or the Chicago Blackhawks -- Detroit leads the Western Conference Finals 3-1 -- in the Stanley Cup Final.

Experience -- Losing to Detroit in the Stanley Cup Final last June was painful but necessary. It is a rite of passage most teams must go through before they are worthy of being called champions. The lessons learned in falling just short of your lifelong dream -- particularly on the mental side of the ledger -- are invaluable the next time around. All of Pittsburgh's key players -- Sidney Crosby, Evgeni Malkin, goalie Marc-Andre Fleury -- lived through the tempest of last year's Final, a six-game defeat to an experienced Detroit club, and came out the other side with a lot more mental toughness.

Health -- Pittsburgh had few injury worries in the Eastern Conference Finals. Yes, Sergei Gonchar hurt his knee in the previous round, but he was able to play in every game of the Eastern Conference Finals, getting better with each contest. How hurt could a player who saw close to 20 minutes a game really be? Carolina, meanwhile, saw Tuomo Ruutu and Erik Cole get injured in Game 1 and never fully recover. Plus, there were rather loud whispers that goalie Cam Ward was playing with an unannounced injury. Grueling seven-game series against New Jersey and Boston in the previous two rounds seemed to empty Carolina's tank before Round 3 even got under way.

Depth -- Because they dressed a seventh defenseman, the Penguins dressed just 11 forwards in each game. But that alignment allowed Pittsburgh coach Dan Bylsma to construct a stunning fourth line, which featured Miroslav Satan and veteran Craig Adams flanking Crosby, Malkin or Jordan Staal. Needless to say, such a luxury proved very hard for Carolina coach Paul Maurice and his players to handle when it came to game planning and matchups on the ice. But it wasn't just a revamped fourth line. Malkin leads the League in playoff points, yet he is only the second-line center behind Crosby, who's tops in goals.

Defense -- This isn't usually the first word that pops into the old cranium when you think about the run-and-gun Penguins, but Pittsburgh's defense might have been more important in this series than its top line. Eric Staal is Carolina's main threat and had earned the respect of everyone for almost singlehandedly dismantling the Devils and the Bruins. But he never got on track in the conference finals. Staal had one measly assist through three games and was minus-6 (he did score in Game 4). So how did Pittsburgh hold down the same Staal who had put up 9 goals and 13 points in Carolina's first 14 games? It boiled down to a steady dose of defensemen Hal Gill and Rob Scuderi hopping over the boards every time Staal stepped on the ice. Oh yeah, Eric Staal also saw a fair amount of Pittsburgh's Jordan Staal, the Penguins' checking-line center and Eric's younger brother.

Star Power -- Nobody in the East could deny this Pittsburgh team if it got A-plus games out of its two superstars -- Crosby and Malkin -- and that's exactly what the two stars brought to the plate in the Eastern Conference Finals. Malkin was otherworldly, scoring 6 goals in the first three games -- including a dynamic Game 2 hat trick that turned the tide of that back-and-forth game permanently in Pittsburgh's favor. Crosby was all over the ice, contributing in every zone. Yet his production -- 2 goals and 3 assists in the first three games, plus a backbreaking assist in the second period of Game 4 -- was considered merely pedestrian when compared to Malkin's. By the same token, Carolina's top line didn't manage five points for the entire series. Yes, Pittsburgh's victory was the proverbial 20-man effort, but there was no denying that Crosby and Malkin were in the vanguard of the march to the Stanley Cup Final.

HometownGal
05-26-2009, 11:17 PM
Hey Bill - I'll always love ya, but I just can't help myself here . . . .

BITE ME! :nana::nana::nana::flipoff:

m1xo-4_VnrM

X-Terminator
05-27-2009, 12:36 AM

http://cdn.nhl.com/penguins/images/upload/2009/05/walaes.jpg

Wow. Back in February, I didn't think the Pens would even make the playoffs and certainly not back in the SCF. I don't know what to say...I don't think I've ever been prouder of this team and the way they've battled to get to this point. Everyone, from Mario to Shero to Dan Bylsma to every player in that locker foom, deserves all of the credit in the world.

Congratulations Pens on your successful defense of your Eastern Conference Championship. Now, it's time for a little unfinished business. And you know what? I'm even more confident than I was last year and truly believe by mid-June, the Pens will be hoisting Lord Stanley's Cup for the third time!

LET'S GO PENS!!!! :tt02: :tt02:

tony hipchest
05-27-2009, 12:49 AM
I really hate being a bandwagon jumper, but this is fun.
theres nothing "bandwaggon jumping" about being loyal to pitsburgh sports.

but with that comes claiming the lousy pgh pirates. (you take the good with the bad).

utmost congrats to mario lemieux. that look of pride on his face after his team had clenched (yet again) spoke volumes.

thank you mario, for remaining so dedicated to the city of pittsburgh. theres plent of pro atheletes who wouldnt have done what you did. (from making a remarkable come back to owning the team, all the way to keeping them where they belong).

most of all, thanks to the fans who continue to remain die hard, show up to the games, and enable me to enjoy this pgh. glory. :tt03:

may the new arena be everything offered and more.

Fire Haley
05-27-2009, 12:57 AM
Bring it on!!!

http://i383.photobucket.com/albums/oo271/dagny/300he8h.jpg

OneForTheToe
05-27-2009, 01:07 AM

I was discussing that very point with someone tonight. We kind of concluded that, since the Steelers won the Super Bowl, if the Pens win Lord Stanley's Cup, we would then consider the Pirates' equivalent an 82 and 80 record. :tt03:

Hey don't forget about the Pittsburgh Passion. They have won a few championships, I believe. I watched them play the Baltimore Team on FSN the other day. Funny, it seems some of the gal players from Baltimore are thugs as well. :pde:

As for the game tonight, I could not watch the whole first period. So by the time I got to see the game my stress level was reatively low. After the middle of the second period I just knew the Pens can no lose.

Fire Haley
05-27-2009, 01:53 AM
Now, Go Hawks!

Bash the hell outta them Wings!

Make them pay.

"If the Chicago Blackhawks cannot extend their series against Detroit on Wednesday night, the rematch of last season's Cup finals will begin in Detroit with back-to-back games Saturday and Sunday."

Galax Steeler
05-27-2009, 05:21 AM
Way to go Pens keep up the good work.

trauben
05-27-2009, 07:44 AM
Man, I KNEW we were going to sweep these guys! I KNEW it! I even changed plans for last night telling people it wasn't the game to miss since it would be the SWEEP game! They called BS on me but I got to laugh last. :flap:

Man, last year I just felt it in my bones..............that we were going back to the Finals again this year and more than likely that our opponents would be the Wings again. I called it. And despite how lousy the season this past year, I never gave up real hope. People around me daily know that I kept on with my theory that Sid wanted to go back and do it right.
http://cdn.nhl.com/penguins/images/upload/2009/05/walaes.jpg

When those final minutes were winding down last night I wondered what Sid would do this time with the Prince of Wales Trophy. I was glad to see him skate right out there and grab it! Then to take it and share it with Malkin and Gonch? CLASSIC! :thmbup: It's an achievement to indulge in, as it was a statement for Detroit! ................. 'We're not intimidated this time around!'

They're not heading to the Finals this year with stars in their eyes for their idols.

They're not heading into the Finals this year feeling "lucky" to have gotten there and in awe of the entire event.

They're not heading into the Finals not having a history and healthy hatred for their impending opponent.

They're not heading into the Finals naive and tripping out onto the ice from a fixed step.

Lastly............and most importantly.................

They're not coming back to the Finals to lose it again either!

Congratulations Pens! :tt02::tt02::tt02:

The_WARDen
05-27-2009, 08:04 AM

here it is:

http://nhl.fanhouse.com/2009/05/26/penguins-advance-to-stanley-cup-final-touch-prince-of-wales-tro/

Fire Haley
05-27-2009, 08:30 AM
You can spit shine your shoes Mabel, it's time to dance with Lord Stanley.

stlrtruck
05-27-2009, 08:45 AM
You can spit shine your shoes Mabel, it's time to dance with Lord Stanley.

Can't dance with the Lord til we get rid of whatever tramp comes out of the west!

Fire Haley
05-27-2009, 09:52 AM
http://i215.photobucket.com/albums/cc283/usagold/fail-demotivational-poster-12434237.jpg

fansince'76
05-27-2009, 09:57 AM
http://i215.photobucket.com/albums/cc283/usagold/fail-demotivational-poster-12434237.jpg

:laughing:

HometownGal
05-27-2009, 10:13 AM
Wow. Back in February, I didn't think the Pens would even make the playoffs and certainly not back in the SCF. I don't know what to say...I don't think I've ever been prouder of this team and the way they've battled to get to this point. Everyone, from Mario to Shero to Dan Bylsma to every player in that locker foom, deserves all of the credit in the world.

Congratulations Pens on your successful defense of your Eastern Conference Championship. Now, it's time for a little unfinished business. And you know what? I'm even more confident than I was last year and truly believe by mid-June, the Pens will be hoisting Lord Stanley's Cup for the third time!

LET'S GO PENS!!!! :tt02: :tt02:

The way things looked in mid-February, I really didn't think the Pens would make the playoffs either, but they hired a young gun - a dynamic new HC who quickly was in sync with them and what they wanted to accomplish. It is great to see the comradery among our guys, how well they play together no matter whose line they are on in any given game and how much they have each other's backs. :tt03::thumbsup: I was pissed at Shero for firing Therrien the way he did but it turned out to be the right move and Shero is just as much a part of this team's 180 degree turn as the players themselves. He knew exactly what he needed to do and he went out and secured players who fit perfectly into the team's plans. The guy is a genius! :drink:

Mario - what more can be said about this awesome man? I had tears in my eyes last night seeing him and Nathalie beaming and cheering when the Prince of Wales trophy was presented to Sid and the team. :hatsoff::hatsoff::hatsoff:

I am VERY confident that the Pens can and will be hoisting The Cup in a couple of weeks and I don't think there is a prouder fan out there than me!

LETS GO PENS!!!! :tt03:

trauben
05-27-2009, 10:35 AM
Take another look at that picture where I circled in red!

I didn't notice that at first. :thumbsup:

HometownGal
05-27-2009, 10:40 AM
Take another look at that picture where I circled in red!

I didn't notice that at first. :thumbsup:

Excellent! :applaudit::hatsoff::drink:

Fire Haley
05-27-2009, 10:48 AM
Shero adding Guerin and Kunitz to Sid's wings was one of the best "in-season" surgeries a GM has performed on his team in some time.

Combine that with the coaching change and what can you say? The results speak for themselves.

Funny, too, isn't it? In a wretched, losing environment Fedotenko and Guerin were lifeless on Long Island. Now look at them. How fortunate they must feel.

The Hurricanes showed more heart and courage than any team I've seen in a while. Great run for them and nothing to be ashamed of.

HometownGal
05-27-2009, 10:54 AM
The Hurricanes showed more heart and courage than any team I've seen in a while. Great run for them and nothing to be ashamed of.

Absolutely. :drink: They gave it all they had throughout the series and up until that final second ticked off the clock last night. Just wasn't enough as the Pens just weren't going to be denied another opportunity to get to the SCF and hoist the Lord Stanley! :tt03:

Fire Haley
05-27-2009, 03:01 PM
So - should I root for the Wings tonight so we can start this next series off this Sat and Sunday - back to back games while they're still beat up?

According to multiple sources, if the Pittsburgh Penguins and Detroit Red Wings can wrap up their respective Conference final series by Wednesday night, the Stanley Cup finals likely would start on Saturday, May 30 in Detroit. In this scenario, Game 2 would be played on Sunday, May 31.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nhl/playoffs/2009/news?id=4203658

trauben
05-27-2009, 03:16 PM
I look at it this way, if the Wings win tonight they're still going to be less rested than us and injured, as much as they would be if they go more games. Actually they'd be more tired and possibly a little more hurt.

I'd still rather Hoser not make it to the Finals at all, but there's no way the Blackhawks are going to win the next three straight. I'm rooting that Chicago at least takes another game or two and continues to beat the living crap outta them. Then we'll have them for the one-two punch. :tt02:

SteelMember
05-27-2009, 03:45 PM
:toofunny::toofunny::toofunny:

Is Cowher wearing his new "TV Teeth"?

OneForTheToe
05-27-2009, 03:46 PM
I look at it this way, if the Wings win tonight they're still going to be less rested than us and injured, as much as they would be if they go more games. Actually they'd be more tired and possibly a little more hurt. I'd still rather Hoser not make it to the Finals at all, but there's no way the Blackhawks are going to win the next three straight. I'm rooting that Chicago at least takes another game or two and continues to beat the living crap outta them. Then we'll have them for the one-two punch. :tt02:

I read the same opinion on TSN today. I look at it this way. If I though the hawks could take the series to a game 7 then by all means. But, if I understand things correctly, if the series ends tonight, the SCF starts Saturday. On the other hand, if it goes to game 6 and the Wings still win the SCF might not start until next Friday. That is too much rest for the Pens to remain sharp and too much time for the Wings to recoup.

Let's just get it on Saturday.:thumbsup:

Fire Haley
05-27-2009, 03:58 PM
:toofunny::toofunny::toofunny:

Is Cowher wearing his new "TV Teeth"?

He got him somes new teefs in Raleigh? - must have a better dental plan there.

Fire Haley
05-27-2009, 04:10 PM
I'm rooting that Chicago at least takes another game or two and continues to beat the living crap outta them. Then we'll have them for the one-two punch. :tt02:

That's a good plan too

Lidstrom, Datsyuk out for Game 5

Coach just said that neither Nicklas Lidstrom (lower body) or Pavel Datsyuk (foot) will be in the lineup for tonight's Game 5 of the Western Conference final.

"I think they're both getting closer," "I'd like to think they'll play the next time we play. I thought that today though."

--------------------------

Maybe the Hawks can inflict some more damage - sneak this one out - make it 3-2 and send it back to Chicago.