PDA

View Full Version : Since we are all bored.........

billybob
05-16-2009, 08:21 PM
I did laundry today . :applaudit:

billybob
05-16-2009, 08:26 PM
I gave the "MACH 5 " a wax job too , while the laundry was drying .

devilsdancefloor
05-16-2009, 08:34 PM

uh um uummm you did what to the oline....:wink02:

billybob
05-16-2009, 08:47 PM
LOL !!! :rofl: I knew some one would bite on that . I'm rollin :rofl: I was talkin bout my car that time .

BIGBENFASTWILLIE
05-16-2009, 09:11 PM
i took my puppies for a walk

beSteelmyheart
05-16-2009, 09:12 PM
We've moved into our first house & I don't have time to be bored!:laughing:We finally got our internet hooked up today & I'm just now able to sit down & catch up.

billybob
05-16-2009, 09:21 PM
i took my puppies for a walk

Cool , how old are they , and what breed ?

billybob
05-16-2009, 09:23 PM
We've moved into our first house & I don't have time to be bored!:laughing:We finally got our internet hooked up today & I'm just now able to sit down & catch up.

Good to have ya back , now start posting . After ya get everything in order of course .

hindes204
05-16-2009, 10:56 PM
i went to the beach today....i guess being stationed in cali isnt so bad after all

Dino 6 Rings
05-22-2009, 10:07 AM
I got my teeth cleaned yesterday...good times.

revefsreleets
05-22-2009, 10:26 AM

Any other team, and I'd call that "ghey", but, since it's the Steelers, we'll downgrade it to metrosexual.

xfl2001fan
05-22-2009, 12:15 PM
I applied for a job that is a 30% pay raise, with less responsibilities. Because I have a good working relationship with the three other people I'll work with (and meet every other requirement) I am expecting to be hired within the month.

The only downside...a move to Indy would be in the cards. It's only two hours away...but I hate moving. Still, when the payraise is an additional 1K (+) a month...it will be worth it.

I_Bleed_Black_And_Gold
05-22-2009, 03:37 PM
I did a Crossfit workout yesterday, and slept till 3 today!

TheWarDen86
05-22-2009, 03:53 PM
I applied for a job that is a 30% pay raise, with less responsibilities. Because I have a good working relationship with the three other people I'll work with (and meet every other requirement) I am expecting to be hired within the month.

The only downside...a move to Indy would be in the cards. It's only two hours away...but I hate moving. Still, when the payraise is an additional 1K (+) a month...it will be worth it.

I hope you get it XFL. Good luck.

My plan tonight is to sit in New Jersey "shore traffic" on my way home for a couple hours. Fun stuff. :mad:

Dino 6 Rings
05-22-2009, 04:05 PM

My plan tonight is to sit in New Jersey "shore traffic" on my way home for a couple hours. Fun stuff. :mad:

287 to the Parkway South...Good Times.

xfl2001fan
05-22-2009, 04:06 PM

Thanks! And ouch! In fact, the ouch hurts more than the gratefulness can cover...I've sat through that traffic once...and it was one time too many.

TheWarDen86
05-22-2009, 04:11 PM
287 to the Parkway South...Good Times.

Yep. 287 is probably worse than the turnpike and the parkway.

TheWarDen86
05-22-2009, 04:12 PM
Thanks! And ouch! In fact, the ouch hurts more than the gratefulness can cover...I've sat through that traffic once...and it was one time too many.

You're very welcome.

ONCE???????????????????

How the heck did you manage that????

xfl2001fan
05-22-2009, 04:24 PM
You're very welcome.

ONCE???????????????????

How the heck did you manage that????

Yeah, Once. Was a trip we took when I was at Fort Dix for some back to back conferences. Got in Early on Friday and took a trip to to Trenton. Didn't get to the hotel til like 9 at night (though we did eat first)...and just decided that Saturday around 10am was a good time to go back. Not much traffic at 4am (or at least...not near as much as there is on Friday at 4PM)

I was dog tired for the first day of the conference.

TheWarDen86
05-22-2009, 05:43 PM
Yeah, Once. Was a trip we took when I was at Fort Dix for some back to back conferences. Got in Early on Friday and took a trip to to Trenton. Didn't get to the hotel til like 9 at night (though we did eat first)...and just decided that Saturday around 10am was a good time to go back. Not much traffic at 4am (or at least...not near as much as there is on Friday at 4PM)

I was dog tired for the first day of the conference.

Wow. It's not even that bad down in that area usually. Good ole' Ft. Dix. I did some USMC training down there and as a civilian I helped rip up the old tarmac at McGuire for the new tarmac and runways.

stlrtruck
05-22-2009, 11:16 PM

Do you think they could open an office in the Clearwater, Dunedin, Oldsmar, FL area? I'll assist in opening the office as long as it carries FT position with it!!!!

As for me, today was my oldest daughters graduation, we had a post-grad dinner, and then came home to work for a little bit. Now, I'm off the clock checking up on all my peeps!

GBMelBlount
05-23-2009, 06:59 AM

Good luck brother, I'll be pulling for ya!:drink:

xfl2001fan
05-23-2009, 07:00 AM
Do you think they could open an office in the Clearwater, Dunedin, Oldsmar, FL area? I'll assist in opening the office as long as it carries FT position with it!!!!

As for me, today was my oldest daughters graduation, we had a post-grad dinner, and then came home to work for a little bit. Now, I'm off the clock checking up on all my peeps!

Nothing new in Florida, sorry.

Congrats to you and your daughter!!!!

GBMelBlount
05-23-2009, 07:02 AM

Ouch! One thing I don't miss about living in NJ & CT! You can have it brother! :chuckle:

Vincent
05-23-2009, 07:35 AM
Any other team, and I'd call that "ghey", but, since it's the Steelers, we'll downgrade it to metrosexual.

So is "ghey" permissible under the "hate crimes" bill? And do we retros get any much needed protection?

xfl2001fan
05-23-2009, 07:59 AM
So is "ghey" permissible under the "hate crimes" bill? And do we retros get any much needed protection?
No and No

but you'll likely likely get that much needed protection before veterans do.

Vincent
05-23-2009, 08:23 AM
but you'll likely likely get that much needed protection before veterans do.

The idea of veterans returning from war against terrorists being disparaged as "terrorists" by the "department of homeland security" is irony well beyond my tiny mind. Who appointed these bags of @#$%? Ah, yes - himself.

The way this country treats veterans is below shameful.:mad:

xfl2001fan
05-23-2009, 08:34 AM
The idea of veterans returning from war against terrorists being disparaged as "terrorists" by the "department of homeland security" is irony well beyond my tiny mind. Who appointed these bags of @#$%? Ah, yes - himself.

The way this country treats veterans is below shameful.:mad:

I am not overly concerned. Anytime I go out in public in Uniform, I pretty much get universal praise. A few politicians/beaurocrats (as well as a few ultra-libs) don't change my opinion of the general public. I've only been blasted once by a civilian in my 12 years of serving.

I'd like to say I kindly put him in place...but I could only use the word "kindly" when I mean I didn't pummel the guy. The one thing he did learn, don't ever verbally attack (or push) a veteran in the home of the veteran's mom during a family reunion.

He did push me once...but since I was in my Class A (dress uniform), I didn't want a physical altercation. I know he wasn't intimidated by me despite being 3 inches shorter and 50lbs ligther...but when my 6' 180lb youngest brother, 6'3 180lb (next) youngest brother and 5'10 165lb (MMA training, 1 year younger) brother all stood up behind me, he got a bit visibly shaken and left. Never bothered to come back to get his phone either from what my brother's tell me.

Politicians will say whatever they think will get them the vote in the area they are pandering...err...campaigning.

stlrtruck
05-23-2009, 10:43 AM
Nothing new in Florida, sorry.

Congrats to you and your daughter!!!!

THANKS!

Vincent
05-23-2009, 11:40 AM
The one thing he did learn, don't ever verbally attack (or push) a veteran in the home of the veteran's mom during a family reunion.

He did push me once...

That's astounding. At a family reunion at the Vet's Mom's house? WTF is wrong with these "people"?.

xfl2001fan
05-23-2009, 12:01 PM
That's astounding. At a family reunion at the Vet's Mom's house? WTF is wrong with these "people"?.

Uber-liberal, dope smoking (who is pretty much looking for handouts regularly.) The oldest of my younger brother's (we'll call him Joe) worked with the guy...but they never talked politics much at work. While "Joe" is a Dem/Lib, and we frequently discuss politics, he'd never reallly discussed much of politics with the guy. They smoked together and were fairly relaxed at work. I surprised my parents by showing up (in uniform no less). I had to do a parade (Color Guard carrying the Red White and Blue, with streamers) in WV in the morning (I was stationed there at the time) and so wasn't sure if I was going to make it. Since the BBQ wasn't going to kickoff until that evening...and I had an approved pass for the next day (to make up for "working" on Memorial day) I figured a trip to the family would be fine.

When I showed up, "Joe" saw me enter the house from the front (BBQ out back) and shouted Cops!!! His "buddy" jumped up and started to run out the back of the house. Was funny as hell. Til he started going off on me (apparently I'm a baby killer.) :noidea: He even tried telling me I'm a pansy because I didn't want to fight him (then he pushed me.) Apparently he recognized me for the right-wing extremist terrorist that I am (even before the DoHS caught on).

I didn't know that my brother's were standing up behind me but let him know that since we were still at war...and that he knew I was a Soldier he was in danger of treason... (bold faced lie, but funny as hell.) for assaulting a Soldier...and that I was charged with protecting this country, the constitution, it's citizens and it's Soldier's against all enemies, foreign and domestic, which included "homegrown @ssholes just like you."

He left, I turned around and saw my brothers moving forward. I nearly cried. It was so touching...because I'm much larger than they are...I could have handled the pencil-knecked twerp on my own...but they weren't having it!

stlrtruck
05-23-2009, 09:54 PM
Tonight I invited the kid across the street, who is home on leave, over for a drink (or two) to show him my appreciation for his dedication and sacrifice to country.

He is a US Marine and soon he will be back on base and a few months after that enroute to another deployment.

xfl2001fan
05-24-2009, 06:38 AM
Tonight I invited the kid across the street, who is home on leave, over for a drink (or two) to show him my appreciation for his dedication and sacrifice to country.

He is a US Marine and soon he will be back on base and a few months after that enroute to another deployment.

Bless you and a hearty :salute: to him! What kind of deployment is it for him? If he's on a ship, then it's a mini-vacation. I've been on those ships, lots of fun, great ports. Even in the worst of times, we still managed some great port visits.

stlrtruck
05-24-2009, 07:40 AM
Bless you and a hearty :salute: to him! What kind of deployment is it for him? If he's on a ship, then it's a mini-vacation. I've been on those ships, lots of fun, great ports. Even in the worst of times, we still managed some great port visits.

From what he was saying, he was told he was going on a "booze cruise" so I assume it's a ship for 4-6 months (by what he was saying), then he'll be back to base and I believe he'll be back in Pakistan after that.

xfl2001fan
05-24-2009, 07:42 AM
From what he was saying, he was told he was going on a "booze cruise" so I assume it's a ship for 4-6 months (by what he was saying), then he'll be back to base and I believe he'll be back in Pakistan after that.

Yeah, he'll be a part of an Amphibious Assault Group as a member of a Marine Expeditionary Unit. I did two tours like that. Lots of fun.