PDA

View Full Version : Dale Jr. fans are delusional.

cowboykilla
05-16-2009, 10:53 PM
NASCAR is the only sport in America where a slightly average participant is the sport's biggest star. I hate to break it to ya,but Dale Earnhardt Jr. is a flop,the kid's a bum. Watching him race is like:coffee:. But in a crowd ask the question,''who's the top 5 drivers in NASCAR''? And 40 percent will include Jr. on their list.:doh: Please stop lying. I'm not hating on dude,the fact of the matter is he sucks. Check his stats against the proven winners of NASCAR,it ain't pretty. You can worship him all you like but his record speaks for itself:laughing:. Oh and by the way,#24 is a beast!! Grrrrh!

Dodt
05-16-2009, 11:17 PM
Ok so what if he's a more popular version of Klye petty.

Galax Steeler
05-17-2009, 07:24 AM
NASCAR is the only sport in America where a slightly average participant is the sport's biggest star. I hate to break it to ya,but Dale Earnhardt Jr. is a flop,the kid's a bum. Watching him race is like:coffee:. But in a crowd ask the question,''who's the top 5 drivers in NASCAR''? And 40 percent will include Jr. on their list.:doh: Please stop lying. I'm not hating on dude,the fact of the matter is he sucks. Check his stats against the proven winners of NASCAR,it ain't pretty. You can worship him all you like but his record speaks for itself:laughing:. Oh and by the way,#24 is a beast!! Grrrrh!

I think he is overated also I don't hate him but he is overated. His daddys name has carried him to win the fans over.

HometownGal
05-17-2009, 07:29 AM
I think where the issues lie with Dale, Jr. is that from the get-go, the media and fans put a lot of pressure on him to be a carbon copy of his late father when in all reality, he's NOT Dale, Sr. I don't believe he has the fierce competitiveness that The Intimidator had and he isn't just plain mean behind the wheel of that car like his Dad was.

I like the kid for a whole lot of reasons but simply put - he's not #3 - - period.

Fire Haley
05-17-2009, 09:55 AM
Teresa was right, he needs to decide if he wants to be a race car driver or a celebrity diva.

This was the big test - he moved to Hendricks to get the best car, the best shop and the best equipment and he would show everyone.

Still waiting.

T&B fan
05-17-2009, 06:58 PM
I think where the issues lie with Dale, Jr. is that from the get-go, the media and fans put a lot of pressure on him to be a carbon copy of his late father when in all reality, he's NOT Dale, Sr. I don't believe he has the fierce competitiveness that The Intimidator had and he isn't just plain mean behind the wheel of that car like his Dad was.

I like the kid for a whole lot of reasons but simply put - he's not #3 - - period.

I like Jr. ....you are right that he not his daddy and never will be . #3 will aways be the Intimidator . Jr. did win a few races in the bush ride I think alot of that was his dads help . most of his fans are like me came over to him after his dad was gone , now with that said . he IMO needxs to change Tony Jr , but even that might not help .

let us not forget the Dale Sr got Waltrip all his wins . he was 0 and 499 in races before the Sr got a hold of him . :tt03: #3 :tt03:

revefsreleets
05-18-2009, 10:48 AM
He's not as good a driver as his dad, no, but his dad wasn't the greatest driver either. He was great on restrictor plates, and very good on most other tracks. He also knew how to drive on road courses which is a HUGE predictor of ability, but to put things in perspective, in 12 races at Infineon (1975 and later) his average finish was 8.6, which is VERY good but he only led 45 laps and won once. By way of comparison, Gordon's finish is 9.3, but he won 5 times (out of 16 races) and led an astonsihing 437 laps.

Calling the DE Sr. the greatest is wrong. Probably Top 10 though.

I've also always maintained that Junior is mediocre at best, very average. I predicted a long time ago that Shrub would end up being a far better driver, and he MAY end up being the best ever...