PDA

View Full Version : Biden Reveals Location of Secret VP Bunker

stillers4me
05-17-2009, 07:20 AM
Biden Reveals Location of Secret VP Bunker
The vice president, well-known for his verbal gaffes, confirms at a dinner the existence and location of a secret hidden bunker that Cheney is believed to have used after the 9/11 attacks.

Sunday, May 17, 2009

Vice President Joe Biden, well-known for his verbal gaffes, may have finally outdone himself, divulging potentially classified information meant to save the life of a sitting vice president.

According to a report, while recently attending the Gridiron Club dinner in Washington, an annual event where powerful politicians and media elite get a chance to cozy up to one another, Biden told his dinnermates about the existence of a secret bunker under the old U.S. Naval Observatory, which is now the home of the vice president.

The bunker is believed to be the secure, undisclosed location former Vice President Dick Cheney remained under protection in secret after the 9/11 attacks.

Eleanor Clift, Newsweek magazine's Washington contributing editor, said Biden revealed the location while filling in for President Obama at the dinner, who, along with Grover Cleveland, is the only president to skip the gathering.

According to the report, Biden "said a young naval officer giving him a tour of the residence showed him the hideaway, which is behind a massive steel door secured by an elaborate lock with a narrow connecting hallway lined with shelves filled with communications equipment."

Clift continued: "The officer explained that when Cheney was in lock down, this was where his most trusted aides were stationed, an image that Biden conveyed in a way that suggested we shouldn't be surprised that the policies that emerged were off the wall."

In December 2002, neighbors complained of loud construction work being done at the Naval Observatory, which has been used as a residence by vice presidents since 1974.

The upset neighbors were sent a letter by the observatory's superintendent, calling the work "sensitive in nature" and "classified" and that it was urgent it be completed "on a highly accelerated schedule."

Residents said they believed workers were digging deep into the ground, which would support Biden's report of a secret bunker, but officials never confirmed the purpose of the work performed.

The revelation is the latest from Biden, who has a long history of political blunders.

Most recently, he said in a televised interview that if a family member asked him about traveling he'd advise staying away from public transportation or confined spaces to avoid swine flu -- a remark described as "borderline fearmongering" by an airline spokesman.

Click to see a full list of Biden's political blunders

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2009/05/17/oops-biden-reveals-location-secret-vp-bunker/
-------------------------

I'm speechless. I cannot believe that people actually voted for these fools. The man cannot keep the most basic of national security secrets to himself even to save his own soul. :doh:

stlrtruck
05-17-2009, 07:34 AM
Why do I find this funny, yet sad too!

HometownGal
05-17-2009, 07:37 AM
http://jrenseyblog.files.wordpress.com/2009/03/biden.jpg

stillers4me
05-17-2009, 07:47 AM
Biden was a Obama's perfect choice for VP. No one will dare think of assassinating him......not with Biden and Pelosi in line to succeed him.

Maybe Barry's not as dumb as we thought. :hunch:

stillers4me
05-17-2009, 12:18 PM
What a shocker.......I can't find this story on CNN or MSNBC.

:jerkit:

MACH1
05-17-2009, 12:20 PM
http://rlv.zcache.com/biden_and_obama_dumb_and_dumber_tshirt-p235758978377759954q6vb_400.jpg

Great now they'll have to spend a few more billion building a new secret hide out. :doh:

Vincent
05-17-2009, 02:28 PM
:chuckle: He's consistent, if nothing else... :chuckle:

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2009/04/17/bidens-list-political-blunders/

Biden's List of Political Blunders

FOXNews.com

Friday, April 17, 2009

Vice President Joe Biden has been keeping a low profile these days. But last week he popped into headlines when he clashed with aides to former President George W. Bush after claiming to have rebuked Bush in private meetings. Recalling a conversation during an interview with CNN, Biden said he told Bush in the Oval Office: "'Mr. President, turn and around look behind you. No one is following.'"

Karl Rove, Bush's top political adviser in the White House, called the conversation "fictional."

This isn't the first time Biden's comments have made news. From historical blunders and Internet gaffes to offensive jokes, Vice President Joe Biden is never shy a quotable moment.

Here's a list of 14 amusing yet cringe-worthy "Bidenisms" made during the vice president's more recent political career.

-- On March 13, 2009, Biden addressed a former Senate colleague by saying, "An hour late, oh give me a f**king break," after he arrived on Amtrak at Union Station in Washington, D.C. The vice president's expletive was caught on a live microphone.

-- During a Feb. 25, 2009, interview on CBS' "Early Show," Biden encouraged viewers to visit a government-run Web site that tracks stimulus spending. When asked for the site's web address, Biden could not remember the site's "number."

"You know, I'm embarrassed. Do you know the Web site number?" he asked an aide standing out of view. "I should have it in front of me and I don't. I'm actually embarrassed."

-- At a Jan. 30, 2009, swearing-in ceremony of senior White House staff, Biden mocked Chief Justice John Roberts for his presidential oath blunder on Inauguration Day.

"Am I doing this again?" Biden said, after Obama asked him to administer the oath. When Biden was told the swearing-in was for senior staff -- and not cabinet members -- the vice president quipped, "My memory is not as good as Justice Roberts," prompting a stern nudge from Obama.

-- On Inauguration Day, Jan. 20 2009, Biden misspoke when he told a cheering crowd of supporters, "Jill and I had the great honor of standing on that stage, looking across at one of the great justices, Justice Stewart." Justice John Paul Stevens -- not Stewart -- swore Biden in as vice president.

-- When criticizing former GOP nominee John McCain in Athens, Ohio, on Oct. 15, 2008, Biden said, "Look, John's last-minute economic plan does nothing to tackle the number-one job facing the middle class, and it happens to be, as Barack says, a three-letter word: jobs. J-O-B-S, jobs."

-- In a Sept. 22, 2008, CBS interview, Biden misspoke when he said Franklin D. Roosevelt was president when the stock market crashed in 1929.

"When the stock market crashed, Franklin D. Roosevelt got on the television and didn't just talk about the, you know, the princes of greed. He said, 'Look, here's what happened," he said. Herbert Hoover -- not Roosevelt -- was president in 1929, and television had not yet been invented in 1929.

-- During a Sept. 12, 2008, speech in Columbia, Mo., Biden called for Missouri State Sen. Chuck Graham, who is wheelchair-bound, to "stand up."

"Oh, God love ya," Biden said, after realizing his mistake. "What am I talking about?"

-- At a Sept. 10, 2008, town hall meeting in Nashua, N.H., Biden said, "Hillary Clinton is as qualified or more qualified than I am to be vice president of the United States of America. Quite frankly, it might have been a better pick than me."

-- Biden mistakenly referred to Alaska governor Sarah Palin as the "lieutenant governor" of her state during a town hall meeting on Sept. 4, 2008 at George Mason University in Manassas, Va.

"I heard a very, by the way I mean this sincerely, a very strong and a very good political speech from a lieutenant governor of Alaska who I think is going to be very formidable, very formidable not only in the campaign but in the debate," Biden said.

-- Biden said he was running for president -- not vice president -- during a Sept. 1, 2008, roundtable discussion in Scranton, Pa.

"Today is the moment for me as a United States senator running for president to put aside the national politics and focus on what's happening down there," Biden said.

-- Biden referred to John McCain as "George" during his vice presidential acceptance speech on Aug. 27, 2008, at the Democratic National Convention in Denver, Co. "Freudian slip, folks, Freudian slip," he explained.

-- Biden confused army brigades with battalions when speaking about Obama's plan for sending troops to Afghanistan.

"Or should we trust Barack Obama, who more than a year ago called for sending two additional combat brigades to Afghanistan?"

-- During his first campaign rally with Obama as his vice presidential running mate on Aug. 23, 2008, Biden introduced Obama by saying, "A man I'm proud to call my friend. A man who will be the next President of the United States -- Barack America!"

-- On Jan. 31, 2007 -- the day Biden announced his presidential bid -- the Delaware Senator was roundly criticized for calling Obama "the first mainstream African-American who is articulate and bright and clean and a nice-looking guy. I mean, that's a storybook, man."

HometownGal
05-17-2009, 03:16 PM
http://www.theodoresworld.net/pics/0808/BidenImage3.jpg

tony hipchest
05-17-2009, 03:21 PM
ho hum... another "shock and awe" :shout: PANIC!!!! piece of propoganda.

What a shocker.......I can't find this story on CNN or MSNBC.

:jerkit:

maybe because this is ancient information and can hardly be called "news".

from 2001-

http://www.post-gazette.com/columnists/20011216homefrontp5.asp

WAYNESBORO, Pa. -- Three hours after Osama bin Laden turned the Pentagon into a broken rectangle, five helicopters touched down a few hundred yards from Hal Neill's house at the base of Raven Rock Mountain along the Pennsylvania-Maryland border.

Within minutes, a convoy of SUVs with black-tinted windows zoomed up Harbaugh Valley Road, turned left, and deposited the weight of the free world inside Site R, the inexplicably named city-in-a-mountain from which the Pentagon has operated and, from all indications Vice President Dick Cheney has directed his office in the days since the Sept. 11 attacks.

Site R, with its six-stories of underground offices, subterranean water reservoir, and banks of mysterious antennas, dishes and massive, steel doors, has been a designated backup command center since it was hewn out of the mountain in 1951.

All America knows about Camp David, 10 miles to the south, and Three Mile Island, several Geiger counter clicks to the north. Conspiracy theorists and UFO cultists even knew about the mysterious Area 51 in Nevada.

For decades, though, Site R's presence was a village secret, barely acknowledged to outsiders and attracting little outside interest in turn.

"I can go to Gettysburg and say, 'Site R,' and they won't know what I'm talking about," said Neill, who has spent all of his 39 years living next to the entrance, about 30 miles from Gettysburg. His father worked there and told him little of the place's operations.

"There are four entrances, but I've only ever been able to find three of them," said Neill, as he stood in his back yard, looking over at the guard station next to two oversize metal doors in the hillside. Six military men in sweatsuits jogged their way down the driveway and back up again.

"They weren't doing that before the attacks," Neill said. "Now, they're working out."

In 1992, the federal government cut back on staff at Site R, thinking the end of the Cold War spelled less need for underground bunkers that could accommodate 3,000 people.

Map: Underground complex on Pennsylvania border :chuckle: anyone need a map?

"In the Cold War, people thought they'd live underground for months waiting for the nuclear fallout to wear off," said Chris Hellman, a budget analyst at the Center for Defense Information. "The idea was to live as normally as possible." That would explain the barbershop planted hundreds of feet below the mountain next to Hal Neill's house.

After the terrorist attacks of three months ago, Site R's proximity to Camp David, Three Mile Island and the Letterkenny Army Depot has given it an uncomfortably public profile and its neighbors an earful. The tidy equilibrium of rural life has been upended. No one is surprised to hear jets over lower Manhattan, where the World Trade Center stood. Above the Main Line Hobby Shop in Blue Ridge Summit, Pa., it makes for strange nights.

from 2004-

www.drudgereport.com... WHITE HOUSE ANGER AFTER TIME MAGAZINE DETAILS LOCATION OF CHENEY'S 'SECRET BUNKER' Tue Jun 15 2004 11:11:34 ET Top White House officials expressed anger after TIME magazine detailed the location of Vice President Dick Cheney's secret bunker, the DRUDGE REPORT has learned. In new editions, TIME revealed "Site R," an underground bunker on the Maryland-Pennsylvania border where the Vice President spent much of his time in 2001.

i thought everyone knew this.

perhaps the title of this thread should read Biden Re-Reveals Location of Not-So-Secret VP Bunker

:hunch:

HometownGal
05-17-2009, 03:33 PM
ho hum... another "shock and awe" :shout: PANIC!!!! piece of propoganda.

maybe because this is ancient information and can hardly be called "news".

from 2001-

from 2004-

i thought everyone knew this.

perhaps the title of this thread should read Biden Re-Reveals Location of Not-So-Secret VP Bunker

Hi Ho, Hi Ho, more spin and deflection from a liberal schmo. :wink: :flap:

Biden told his dinnermates about the existence of a secret bunker under the old U.S. Naval Observatory, which is now the home of the vice president.

Whether or not the location of the VP secret hide-a-way was well known to the majority of the general public or not (quite frankly, as much as I read, I never saw the articles you link above and had no idea of where the VP bunker was), it was Joe Biden who opened his terminal big yap and revealed classified information, behavior that I don't think most Americans would expect from their Vice President. :doh: Nowhere in the articles you linked do I read that former VP Cheney purposely or accidentally breached security measures by revealing where that bunker is located.

tony hipchest
05-17-2009, 03:55 PM
"classified information"?

"breach of security"?

http://i132.photobucket.com/albums/q23/shortyshane_2006/20011216SiteR.jpg

the articles i linked were from TIME (one of this nations most well known periodicals) and the pittsburgh post gazette (which i am sure you are familiar with).

in other news VP Biden reveals Area 51 does not exist.

MasterOfPuppets
05-17-2009, 04:40 PM
:doh: ....geez hipchest..... stop givin out classified info !!! :laughing:

tony hipchest
05-17-2009, 04:44 PM
:chuckle: i think i can smell the federallies at my front door.

....secret hidden bunker....

:toofunny:

MasterOfPuppets
05-17-2009, 04:46 PM
:chuckle: i think i can smell the federallies at my front door. i wouldn't be suprised if you ended up at gitmo.....your a national security risk.....:toofunny:

tony hipchest
05-17-2009, 04:51 PM
i wouldn't be suprised if you ended up at gitmo.....your a national security risk.....:toofunny:

HA!

being that theyre closing gitmo they will just ship me off to america where i will be even MORE of a risk!

*rubbing hands together in a sinister manner*

:muhaha:

HometownGal
05-17-2009, 04:51 PM

"breach of security"?

the articles i linked were from TIME (one of this nations most well known periodicals) and the pittsburgh post gazette (which i am sure you are familiar with).

in other news VP Biden reveals Area 51 does not exist.

http://imagine.gsfc.nasa.gov/Images/try_this/spinning_top.gif

Once again . . . .

Biden told his dinnermates about the existence of a secret bunker under the old U.S. Naval Observatory, which is now the home of the vice president.

Whether or not the location of the VP secret hide-a-way was well known to the majority of the general public or not (quite frankly, as much as I read, I never saw the articles you link above and had no idea of where the VP bunker was), it was Joe Biden who opened his terminal big yap and revealed classified information, behavior that I don't think most Americans would expect from their Vice President. Nowhere in the articles you linked do I read that former VP Cheney purposely or accidentally breached security measures by revealing where that bunker is located.

I don't give a flyin' fandoozle what Time Magazine reported in its periodical. Whoever leaked that story to them 8 years ago (and I guarantee it wasn't former VP Cheney) should have been taken to task. The Vice President of our country should have exercised more class, professionalism and better judgment, which really shouldn't surprise me or anyone else, given his long history of opening his big mouth in the wrong place and at the wrong time.

Why can't you just admit that Biden was wrong here???

Telephone, telegraph, tell Joe Biden.

tony hipchest
05-17-2009, 04:54 PM
:shout: SEND BIDEN TO GITMO!!!!!

:toofunny:

tony hipchest
05-17-2009, 05:04 PM
The Vice President of our country should have exercised more class, professionalism and better judgment.

so what youre saying is...

http://i132.photobucket.com/albums/q23/shortyshane_2006/dick-thumb.gif????

:noidea:

make you a deal. you admit cheney was a complete f-up and i will admit biden was wrong.

Cape Cod Steel Head
05-17-2009, 05:08 PM

make you a deal. you admit cheney was a complete f-up and i will admit biden was wrong.:rofl::rofl: Seriously Area 51 doesn't exist?????

MasterOfPuppets
05-17-2009, 05:08 PM

make you a deal. you admit cheney was a complete f-up and i will admit biden was wrong. maybe they'll send you hunting with cheney , instead of sending you to gitmo....:noidea:

HometownGal
05-17-2009, 05:13 PM

make you a deal. you admit cheney was a complete f-up and i will admit biden was wrong.

But, but, but Cheney. :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

You wouldn't admit The Savior and his apostle were wrong even if they hung you from the top of the Washington Monument by your cahoonas.

Texasteel
05-17-2009, 05:26 PM

Why would you want to make a deal? Either Biden was wrong or he wasn't wrong.

You've been playing with politicians, and lawyers to long Tony.

tony hipchest
05-17-2009, 05:28 PM
no deal then?

speaking of saint cheney and yammering VP's lets really look at how much better off we are now. (great article) :wink:-

http://www.nytimes.com/2009/05/13/opinion/13dowd.html?_r=1

When Bush 41 was ramping up to the Gulf War, assembling a coalition to fight Saddam, Jimmy Carter sent a letter to members of the U.N. Security Council urging them not to rush into conflict without further exploring a negotiated solution.

The first President Bush and other Republicans in Washington considered this treasonous, a former president trying to thwart a sitting one, lobbying foreign diplomats to oppose his own country on a war resolution. In 2002, when Bush Junior was ramping up to his war against Saddam, Al Gore made a speech trying to slow down that war resolution, pointing out that pivoting from Osama to Saddam for no reason, initiating “pre-emptive” war, and blowing off our allies would undermine the war on terror.

Charles Krauthammer called Gore’s speech “a disgrace.” Michael Kelly, his fellow Washington Post columnist, called it “vile” and “contemptible.” Newt Gingrich said that the former vice president asserting that W. was making America less safe was “well outside the mark of an appropriate debate.”

“I think the president should be doing what he thinks is best as commander in chief,” Gingrich said flatly. Now, however, Gingrich backs Dick Cheney when he asserts that President Obama has made America less safe.

Asked by Bob Schieffer on Sunday how America could torture when it made a mockery of our ideals, Cheney blithely gave an answer that surely would have been labeled treasonous by Rush Limbaugh, if a Democratic ex-vice president had said it about a Republican president.

“Well, then you’d have to say that, in effect, we’re prepared to sacrifice American lives rather than run an intelligent interrogation program that would provide us the information we need to protect America,” Doomsday Dick said. :chuckle:

Cheney has replaced Sarah Palin as Rogue Diva. Just as Jeb Bush and other Republicans are trying to get kinder and gentler, Cheney has popped out of his dungeon, scary organ music blaring, to carry on his nasty campaign of fear and loathing. :toofunny:

The man who never talked is now the man who won’t shut up. The man who wouldn’t list his office in the federal jobs directory, who had the vice president’s residence blocked on Google Earth, who went to the Supreme Court to keep from revealing which energy executives helped him write the nation’s energy policy, is now endlessly yelping about how President Obama is holding back documents that should be made public.

Cheney, who had five deferments himself to get out of going to Vietnam, would rather follow a blowhard entertainer who has had three divorces and a drug problem (who also avoided Vietnam) than a four-star general who spent his life serving his country.

“Bush 41 cares about decorum and protocol,” said an official in Bush I. “I’m sure he doesn’t appreciate Cheney acting out. He is giving the whole party a black eye just as Jeb is out there trying to renew the party.”

Cheney unleashed, egged on by the combative Lynne and Liz, is pretty much the same as Cheney underground: He’s batty, and he thinks he was the president. :rofl: [so true!]

W. admired Cheney’s brass (he used another word) but grew increasingly skeptical of him, the more he learned about foreign policy himself, and the more he got pulled into a diplomatic mode by Condi in the second term. There were even reports of W. doing a funny Cheney imitation and that it dawned on him that Cheney and Rummy represented a scofflaw, paranoid Nixon cell within his White House.

“Toward the end, 43 was just as confused as anybody about what makes Cheney tick,” said a Bush family loyalist.

Cheney’s numskull ideas — he still loves torture (dubbed “13th-century” stuff by Bob Woodward), Gitmo and scaring the bejesus out of Americans — are not only fixed, they’re jejune.

He has no coherent foreign policy viewpoint. He still doesn’t fathom that his brutish invasion of Iraq unbalanced that part of the world, empowered Iran and was a force multiplier for Muslims who hate America. He left our ports unsecured, our food supply unsafe, the Taliban rising and Osama on the loose. No matter if or when terrorists attack here — and they’re on their own timetable, not a partisan red/blue state timetable — Cheney will be deemed the primary one who made America more vulnerable.

W.’s dark surrogate father is trying to pull the G.O.P. into a black hole of zealotry, just as the sensible brother who lost his future to the scamp brother is trying to get his career back on track.

When Cheney was in the first Bush administration, he was odd man out. Poppy, James Baker, Brent Scowcroft and Colin Powell corralled Cheney’s “Genghis Khan” side, as it was known, and his “rough streak.” Cheney didn’t care for Powell even then.

But with W., “Back Seat” — Cheney’s Secret Service name in the Ford administration — clambered up front. Then he totaled the car. And no amount of yapping on TV is going to change that when history is written.

HometownGal
05-17-2009, 05:36 PM
no deal then?

speaking of saint cheney and yammering VP's lets really look at how much better off we are now. (great article) :wink:-

http://www.nytimes.com/2009/05/13/opinion/13dowd.html?_r=1

No deal to make. Either you feel Biden was wrong or he wasn't. It isn't rocket science. :coffee:

More but, but, but Cheney. Please stay on the topic of the thread, which has absolutely nothing to do with our FORMER Veep.

tony hipchest
05-17-2009, 05:46 PM
Either you feel Biden was wrong or he wasn't. It isn't rocket science. :coffee:

i feel (and have already proven) this thread is wrong.

"breach of security"?

...Please stay on the topic of the thread

i can think of atleast 1 other thread that this sentence would be much more applicable.

anyways this thread is about bashing VP's therefore i am on topic. :drink:

Texasteel
05-17-2009, 06:05 PM
The thread was about VP Biden, not Cheney, the Times, the Post , or any other news paper. Did he blow off at the mouth about something that was considered classified, and if he did when will he do it again, maybe about something that could cause real damage.

MasterOfPuppets
05-17-2009, 06:09 PM
The thread was about VP Biden, not Cheney, the Times, the Post , or any other news paper. Did he blow off at the mouth about something that was considered classified, and if he did when will he do it again, maybe about something that could cause real damage.hasn't tony already provided proof that it's already common knowledge ? :noidea: i'd say the article is a pretty lame attempt to assign blame , but the ship has sailed long ago...... hey i just heard on cnn, that biden said we're after bin ladden....damn big mouth....now he'll just go into hiding....:doh:

tony hipchest
05-17-2009, 06:11 PM
....something that was considered classified.

:toofunny::toofunny::toofunny:

whatever.

all i can do is laugh.

has anyone here EVER heard of the INTERNET????

you guys kill me.

:shout: - BLAME!!!!!!!

(i doubt most here would lose 2 winks of sleep if a slug was put in bidens head anyways.)

however we are much safer with him as co-captain as opposed to renegade dick. you all should count your blessings and be thankful.

Texasteel
05-17-2009, 06:14 PM
hasn't tony already provided proof that it's already common knowledge ? :noidea:

Common knowledge or not, the question is has it been declassified. If it has, there is no story. If not we have a VP that is taking it on himself what he can reveal and what not to. That is what we use to call a loose canon, one that could go off at any time hurting a lot of people that have trusted him to keep his mouth shut.

Texasteel
05-17-2009, 06:21 PM
:toofunny::toofunny::toofunny:

whatever.

all i can do is laugh.

has anyone here EVER heard of the INTERNET????

you guys kill me.

:shout: - BLAME!!!!!!!

(i doubt most here would lose 2 winks of sleep if a slug was put in bidens head anyways.)

however we are much safer with him as co-captain as opposed to renegade dick. you all should count your blessings and be thankful.

Laugh all you what Tony. You have taken this thread in every direction but the one it was intended for. I have seen you berate other people when you thought they had done that to one of yours. You seem to think you can say or do anything you like and if anyone dares to question you on it you just put up a few little smiles and call them stupid. You sir are a hypocrite.

tony hipchest
05-17-2009, 06:26 PM
That is what we use to call a loose canon, one that could go off at any time hurting a lot of people that have trusted him to keep his mouth shut.speaking of 'loose cannons" dont go hunting with cheney or bobby night.

so you felt more comfortable with loose cannons such as cheney or palin? :doh:

the hypocricy of the right still continues to amaze me.

Texasteel
05-17-2009, 06:32 PM
speaking of 'loose cannons" dont go hunting with cheney or bobby night.

Again, off topic. and as you would say and total defection.

tony hipchest
05-17-2009, 06:43 PM
Again, off topic. and as you would say and total defection.
theres nothing to deflect from. :noidea: ive already put out the fire and killed this thread. the bug is squashed.

everything else is just fun and games.

tony hipchest
05-17-2009, 06:45 PM
hasn't tony already provided proof that it's already common knowledge ? :noidea: i'd say the article is a pretty lame attempt to assign blame , but the ship has sailed long ago...... hey i just heard on cnn, that biden said we're after bin ladden....damn big mouth....now he'll just go into hiding....:doh:
shhhhhh...

:nono:

common sense will not be tolerated in this thread.

HometownGal
05-17-2009, 06:48 PM
speaking of 'loose cannons" dont go hunting with cheney or bobby night.

Jesus Christ - for the last freakin' time Tony - this thread has NOTHING to do with FORMER VP Cheney or FORMER GOP candidate Palin.

Stick to the topic at hand or stay out of the thread. It's that simple. :doh:

HometownGal
05-17-2009, 06:54 PM
hasn't tony already provided proof that it's already common knowledge ? :noidea: i'd say the article is a pretty lame attempt to assign blame , but the ship has sailed long ago...... hey i just heard on cnn, that biden said we're after bin ladden....damn big mouth....now he'll just go into hiding....:doh:

No he certainly has not. All he's proven is that Time Magazine ran with a story that was obviously leaked by neighbor of the site. As I said - with all of the reading I do, I never read that article and I don't believe it was "common knowledge".

I'd say there is a HUGE difference between a neighbor leaking a story to Time Magazine to get his big payday and a newly elected Vice President spewing it at an official dinner.

I'd say the original article is proof positive that our Vice President has a BIG MOUTH, not that he hasn't proven that time and time again prior to this latest fubar.

fansince'76
05-17-2009, 06:55 PM
Something doesn't add up here.

In December 2002, neighbors complained of loud construction work being done at the Naval Observatory, which has been used as a residence by vice presidents since 1974.

The upset neighbors were sent a letter by the observatory's superintendent, calling the work "sensitive in nature" and "classified" and that it was urgent it be completed "on a highly accelerated schedule."

Residents said they believed workers were digging deep into the ground, which would support Biden's report of a secret bunker, but officials never confirmed the purpose of the work performed.

Site R, with its six-stories of underground offices, subterranean water reservoir, and banks of mysterious antennas, dishes and massive, steel doors, has been a designated backup command center since it was hewn out of the mountain in 1951.

Why would there be heavy construction work going on to build a bunker in 2002, if it were already built in 1951? :confused:

They probably have "hidden bunkers" for these guys spread out all across the country - chances are they have older ones that have even been forgotten about by the government itself.

hasn't tony already provided proof that it's already common knowledge ?

It ain't "common knowledge" if the bunkers Time magazine and Biden were speaking of are two different places.

tony hipchest
05-17-2009, 07:01 PM
article by the post gazette from 2001 (3 years before the TIME mag article-

"breach of security"?

seriously people.....

do a freaking google.

this information is available to anybody.

MasterOfPuppets
05-17-2009, 07:08 PM
thats not far from where i live....i'm gonna go knock on the door....:chuckle:

X-Terminator
05-17-2009, 07:12 PM
theres nothing to deflect from. :noidea: ive already put out the fire and killed this thread. the bug is squashed.

Not exactly...

From the OP:

According to a report, while recently attending the Gridiron Club dinner in Washington, an annual event where powerful politicians and media elite get a chance to cozy up to one another, Biden told his dinnermates about the existence of a secret bunker under the old U.S. Naval Observatory, which is now the home of the vice president.

And the old U.S. Naval Observatory is where?

http://www.whitehouse.gov/about/vp_residence/

Located on the grounds of the United States Naval Observatory (USNO), the white 19th Century house at Number One Observatory Circle in northwestern Washington, D.C., was built in 1893.

And from your reply to the OP:

WAYNESBORO, Pa. -- Three hours after Osama bin Laden turned the Pentagon into a broken rectangle, five helicopters touched down a few hundred yards from Hal Neill's house at the base of Raven Rock Mountain along the Pennsylvania-Maryland border.

Obviously, we're talking about 2 different bunkers here. One is common knowledge. The other, obviously, was not. Guess which one Biden revealed?

Texasteel
05-17-2009, 07:39 PM

everything else is just fun and games.

No Tony you haven't . The question still is. Was I classified information. If it was, military protocol states that you do NOT divulge it unnecessarily, no matter who you may think knows it. The VP should know that.

tony hipchest
05-17-2009, 09:03 PM
No Tony you haven't . The question still is. Was I classified information. If it was, military protocol states that you do NOT divulge it unnecessarily, no matter who you may think knows it. The VP should know that.

actually i have. the "question" (if there ever was one) can be found in the title of THIS thread.

did biden reveal the location of a "Secret VP Bunker"?

of course not.

it wasnt secret. anyone with internet access across the world had access to this information.

what is it about this that is so hard for you ribs to understand?

Texasteel
05-17-2009, 09:12 PM
actually i have. the "question" (if there ever was one) can be found in the title of THIS thread.

did biden reveal the location of a "Secret VP Bunker"?

of course not.

it wasnt secret. anyone with internet access across the world had access to this information.

It's not hard to understand. If it is still classified information. He can not divulge that information until it is declassified. He can not make a judgment call on this. He just plainly should not have done it. When I was in the service I had knowledge of classified information, much of which was generally known by all the locals. I was still bound by law not to speak of it. It is the same, even for the VP. Again he should know this.

HometownGal
05-17-2009, 09:21 PM

The one thing all of us "ribs" here understand completely and without the slightest doubt whatsoever is that The Savior and his apostle can do absolutely NO wrong in your eyes no matter what the circumstance, scenario, or in this case, ^*$@-up. :bowdown: In just about every political thread that has been started with regard to Obaaaaaaama, you have provided very little credible rebuttal - you spin, spin, spin and deflect away from the topic and hijack it beyond recognition and much as I like you, that is tragically pathetic because I've always believed you to be an extremely intelligent man. :shake01:

HometownGal
05-17-2009, 09:23 PM
Not exactly...

From the OP:

And the old U.S. Naval Observatory is where?

And from your reply to the OP:

Obviously, we're talking about 2 different bunkers here. One is common knowledge. The other, obviously, was not. Guess which one Biden revealed?

Look out XT. You might get "OWNED" like I did. :rofl::rofl:

tony hipchest
05-17-2009, 09:43 PM

uhhhh. the one that is common knowledge! :idea:

check the OP once again...

The bunker is believed to be the secure, undisclosed location former Vice President Dick Cheney remained under protection in secret after the 9/11 attacks.

..now that youve had a chance to reflect, show me where biden provided an address to this "new" bunker.

:toofunny: you guys are a riot!

if joe biden can throw american SF posters so far off the trail, i have no fear of sand digging terrorists hunnerds of miles away.

i will sleep well tonight. i wish the same for y'all but aint holding my breath.

this thread is SO dead.

stick a fork in it.

its done.

tony hipchest
05-17-2009, 09:51 PM
Look out XT. You might get "OWNED" like I did. :rofl::rofl:

:huh: OWNED in quotes???

ive searched through this thread and still havent come across the word "owned".

:noidea: are you making stuff up now too?

typical rib response....

:coffee:

great job by biden to throw all the terrorists off his trail. anyone who is a true american should applaud the measure. :chuckle:

tony hipchest
05-17-2009, 10:18 PM

:jawdrop:*gasp*:jawdrop:

no terrorist woulda EVER thought to look for the vice president at the vice presidents home... :sofunny:

:nono: bad joe... bad, bad, joe. BAAAAAAD, BAD Gitmo joe! :nono:

seriously... this shit is killing me.

really guys, once it is confirmed to me that this is a republican exclusive board, i will gladly walk away from the SF "Political Forum" aka "locker room".

until then....

:popcorn:

X-Terminator
05-17-2009, 10:34 PM
uhhhh. the one that is common knowledge! :idea:

check the OP once again...

..now that youve had a chance to reflect, show me where biden provided an address to this "new" bunker.

:toofunny: you guys are a riot!

if joe biden can throw american SF posters so far off the trail, i have no fear of sand digging terrorists hunnerds of miles away.

i will sleep well tonight. i wish the same for y'all but aint holding my breath.

this thread is SO dead.

stick a fork in it.

its done.

Tony, the one in the OP says it's the one that's at the U.S. Naval Observatory in D.C. You gave us info about a no-longer-secret compound that's MILES away from the bunker in question. They are obviously NOT the same bunker.

Now why is that so hard for YOU to understand?

really guys, once it is confirmed to me that this is a republican exclusive board, i will gladly walk away from the SF "Political Forum" aka "locker room".

until then....

And of course, here is the predictable liberal response whenever people disagree with their opinion.

This board is not, nor has it ever been, a "Republican exclusive board." Just because there appears to be more conservatives that post here than liberals does not make it a Republican board. That's a ridiculous assumption. I guess if it is, then I guess I shouldn't post in here anymore either, since I'm not a Republican, huh?:noidea:

tony hipchest
05-17-2009, 11:20 PM
is that so?
Stick to the topic at hand or stay out of the thread. It's that simple. :doh:

sounds pretty exclusive to me.

so where does the VP actually go incase of an emergency? the undisclosed location that supposedly nobody knows, or does he just stay at home?

biden didnt 'reveal' nothing, and i feel sorry for the sheeple who dont recognize that.

fact of the matter is that nobody really knows, and anyone who pretends they do is better off just S'ingTFU.

X-Terminator
05-17-2009, 11:39 PM
is that so?

sounds pretty exclusive to me.

Wow, talk about a leap of faith. So HTG asking you to stick to the topic at hand in this thread = this board being Republican-exclusive? Really??? I'd love to see you explain the logic behind that one, because it makes absolutely no sense. There isn't one person on this board who is a Democrat who is not permitted to comment on any thread in this forum. Period. And there isn't a thing wrong with asking someone to stick to the topic at hand rather than try to divert.

so where does the VP actually go incase of an emergency? the undisclosed location that supposedly nobody knows, or does he just stay at home?

biden didnt 'reveal' nothing, and i feel sorry for the sheeple who dont recognize that.

fact of the matter is that nobody really knows, and anyone who pretends they do is better off just S'ingTFU.

Well then wouldn't Biden be better off S'ingTFU about it? I mean, why even bring it up, ESPECIALLY when there are media types around who will take anything and run with it? It's not smart, but then again, given Biden's history, no one should be surprised.

tony hipchest
05-18-2009, 12:15 AM
X-T, we all know you will back HTG no matter what.

with all due respect, i will refrain from posting other recent threads that have been hijacked and gone unmoderated.

that being said, only haters and the completely clueless believe that biden actually revealed the location of secret VP bunker.

:yawn:

i provided maps. if you are so sure of yourself, put your money where your mouth is and tell me where VP biden will be if there is a catastrophy.

you cant and you wont because you dont know, despite what your nemesis "joe biden" has recently said.

and really... you and HTG are personal friends. can you really claim objectivity in the matter? past history says NO.

X-Terminator
05-18-2009, 01:26 AM

with all due respect, i will refrain from posting other recent threads that have been hijacked and gone unmoderated.

that being said, only haters and the completely clueless believe that biden actually revealed the location of secret VP bunker.

i provided maps. if you are so sure of yourself, put your money where your mouth is and tell me where VP biden will be if there is a catastrophy.

you cant and you wont because you dont know, despite what your nemesis "joe biden" has recently said.

and really... you and HTG are personal friends. can you really claim objectivity in the matter? past history says NO.

What does me being personal friends with HTG have to do with anything? It doesn't matter who said it, the fact is that the statement was NOT meant to be exclusive of Democrats in this thread - only someone looking for a boogeyman would believe that. It was a call for you stick to the topic of the thread, something that far more people than HTG has asked you to do on numerous occasions. So someone who says "well, if you don't like what's being said, then don't read the thread" means that you're not permitted to comment? I mean after all, that was pretty much what you told me to do when I complained about the nasty turn the political threads took before the election. What's the difference between the two statements?

Plenty of Demos have commented in this forum; it's not my, HTG's or anyone else's fault that you guys apparently don't like having your opinions challenged. :noidea: This is not a Republican-exclusive board. It never has been, and any claim as such is nothing more than paranoia.

And really, just because HTG is my best friend doesn't mean we agree on everything. We don't. She likes Sarah Palin; I don't. She is a Republican while I am not, and will never join the party for a whole host of reasons. And that's just a couple of places we disagree. There are many others. But the true mark of a friendship means that we don't let those disagreements get in the way of that. Ever.

Texasteel
05-18-2009, 03:27 AM
:jawdrop:*gasp*:jawdrop:

no terrorist woulda EVER thought to look for the vice president at the vice presidents home... :sofunny:

:nono: bad joe... bad, bad, joe. BAAAAAAD, BAD Gitmo joe! :nono:

seriously... this shit is killing me.

until then....

In a case like this, even it's existence would been classified, and no one whats to send Biden to prison. We just want him to think before he speaks.

However in a conversation like this years of train will kick in and I will simply say. " Yes Dear. "

revefsreleets
05-18-2009, 08:37 AM
Fact: Biden lives here: Number One Observatory Circle in northwestern Washington, D.C.

The bunker he recently spoke of is located UNDER that residence.

FACT: The Time article is about a completely seperate location. A different location.

FACT: Biden revealed something here that was classified.

Yes, there was some construction in 2002. But it was never confirmed what the purpose was UNTIL Biden let the cat out of the bag.

Tony, for the love of Christ, stop and study up on what you are defending before you just blindly start defending the Obama administration. Biden was wrong, you're caught, and you lose.

steelwall
05-18-2009, 03:22 PM
Biden just posted actual video of said bunker on youtube..... and updated his facebook with new TS scematics on improved rocketry...

Seriously......this man has done some of the craziests things I've ever seen a VP do, can a VP be impeached?

revefsreleets
05-18-2009, 03:26 PM
Biden just posted actual video of said bunker on youtube..... and updated his facebook with new TS scematics on improved rocketry...

Seriously......this man has done some of the craziests things I've ever seen a VP do, can a VP be impeached?

Sure...Spiro Agnew (Nixon) was, for one. I believe his was tax fraud or tax evasion.

Biden can't be impeached, though...there is a Democratic House and Senate, and they'd never do this to themselves, even if (and it is) it's best for the Country.

HometownGal
05-18-2009, 03:54 PM
And really, just because HTG is my best friend doesn't mean we agree on everything. We don't.

Do you mean like me predicting the Pens would beat the Caps and take the series and you insisting they wouldn't? :toofunny::wink02:

Totally untrue. We have disagreed on many different topics in these forums over the past several years and it is well documented. Just more deflecting. You're a ping pong champion, aren't ya?

revefsreleets
05-19-2009, 07:50 AM
So I'm wondering...where is "The smoking gun"?

I mean, where are the maps and proof that Biden actually revealed something that was already known, even though he didn't and it wasn't?

revefsreleets
05-25-2009, 03:10 PM
:rofl:^^^^ Bump for more maps ^^^^:rofl:

revefsreleets
05-26-2009, 01:36 PM
Still waiting.

It's hard for some people to admit when they are 100% wrong...

tony hipchest
05-26-2009, 11:06 PM

lol. your lame attempts to clown me show nothing but desperation and diversion on your part.

how funny that a supposed "expert" on the media seems so oblivious to what was discussed nationally on a daily basis after 9-11. have you ever even looked at any portion of the 9-11 commission report?

since the location of the vice presidential palace is old hat, and a bunker laying beneath is common knowledge, i will see your request for a map and raise you the white house bunkers "secret" location-

http://www.historycommons.org/timeline.jsp?day_of_9/11=dickcheney&timeline=complete_911_timeline

(9:10 a.m.) September 11, 2001: Vice President Cheney Apparently Goes to White House Bunker; Other Accounts Have Him Moving Locations Later According to counterterrorism “tsar” Richard Clarke and others, Vice President Dick Cheney goes from his White House office to the Presidential Emergency Operations Center (PEOC), a bunker below the East Wing of the White House, at about this time. There is no video link between response centers in the East and West Wings, but a secure telephone line is used instead. [New York Times, 9/16/2001; Daily Telegraph, 12/16/2001; ABC News, 9/14/2002; Clarke, 2004, pp. 3-4]
Cheney Leaves Office 'Just after 9 a.m.' - One eyewitness, David Bohrer, a White House photographer, will say Cheney leaves for the PEOC just after 9:00 a.m. [ABC News, 9/14/2002] White House adviser Karl Rove, who is with the president in Florida, will appear to corroborate this account, later telling NBC News that when Bush tries phoning Cheney at around 9:16 a.m., he is unable to contact him because “the vice president was being… grabbed by a Secret Service agent and moved to the bunker” (see (9:16 a.m.-9:29 a.m.) September 11, 2001). [MSNBC, 9/11/2002] And Transportation Secretary Norman Mineta will say that when he arrives at the PEOC, at around 9:20-9:27, Cheney is already there (see (Between 9:20 a.m. and 9:27 a.m.) September 11, 2001). [MSNBC, 9/11/2002; 9/11 Commission, 5/23/2003; Academy of Achievement, 6/3/2006]
Cheney Leaves Office 'Just before 9:36' - However, there is a second account claiming that Cheney does not leave his office until sometime after 9:30 a.m. (The 9/11 Commission will say he is evacuated “just before 9:36.”) In this account, Secret Service agents burst into Cheney’s office. They carry him under his arms—nearly lifting him off the ground—and propel him down the steps into the White House basement and through a long tunnel toward the underground bunker. [New York Times, 10/16/2001; Newsweek, 12/31/2001; Washington Post, 1/27/2002; BBC, 9/1/2002; MSNBC, 9/11/2002; 9/11 Commission, 6/17/2004]According to journalist and author Stephen Hayes, it takes “Less than a minute” for the Secret Service agents to escort Cheney from his office down to the secure tunnel leading to the PEOC. [Hayes, 2007, pp. 335] Although its specifications

are highly classified, two sources will tell journalist and author Barton Gellman that the PEOC is located two floors below ground. [Gellman, 2008, pp. 420]

just remember revs... feigning ignorance never makes you more right, it just shows you are more wrong.

biden revealed nothing. a speculative blogger and "jounalist" did rehash old "news" though.

and you guys bought it hook, line, and sinker.

steelwall
05-26-2009, 11:20 PM
2 wrongs allways makes a right doent it..... Never admit you could be wrong or blided, cause someone else did it...

And regardless I'd throw Cheney in a debat with Biden in a heartbeat...... who wins????:toofunny:

tony hipchest
05-26-2009, 11:34 PM
2 wrongs allways makes a right doent it..... Never admit you could be wrong or blided, cause someone else did it...

:if the cat is out of the bag, you very well cant put it back in and then take it out again, now can you? :hunch: maybe in china they can.

And regardless I'd throw Cheney in a debat with Biden in a heartbeat...... who wins????:toofunny: ...definitely not the families of 4000+ troops and a couple o' hunnerd bilked tax payers. :noidea:

haliburton wins, hands down.

seriously... youre calling me blinded, when i actually knew where these so called top secret classified locations were, when so many others didnt even have a clue? LOL :toofunny:

youre a riot!

steelwall
05-26-2009, 11:43 PM
if the cat is out of the bag, you very well cant put it back in and then take it out again, now can you? :hunch: maybe in china they can.

...definitely not the families of 4000+ troops and a couple o' hunnerd bilked tax payers. :noidea:

haliburton wins, hands down.

Get personal if you want, I've stopped caring with you Toney. I think you are an intelligent person, but you see any sort of disagreement with 'your' party you get all bent out of shape and sometimes F'n down right nasty no call for that bro.

Fact is both parties choses for VP's
were 'tokens'.... Mcain the 'woman' governer from Alaska in Palin.... Biden... the first old looking white guy Obama could find, who has never been in a major scandel, so that Obama's running mate will make those conservatives who need that old white guy to make them feel all warm an cushy to offset Obamas race and age, same with Mcain only sex and then age.

I'd gladly trade Biden for a black governer, or experienced senator who is not a complete moron.

Toney....no defending it....the guy is a straight up dumass.

tony hipchest
05-26-2009, 11:55 PM
Get personal if you want, I've stopped caring with you Toney. I think you are an intelligent person, but you see any sort of disagreement with 'your' party you get all bent out of shape and sometimes F'n down right nasty no call for that bro.

Fact is both parties choses for VP's
were 'tokens'.... Mcain the 'woman' governer from Alaska in Palin.... Biden... the first old looking white guy Obama could find, who has never been in a major scandel, so that Obama's running mate will make those conservatives who need that old white guy to make them feel all warm an cushy to offset Obamas race and age, same with Mcain only sex and then age.

I'd gladly trade Biden for a black governer, or experienced senator who is not a complete moron.

Toney....no defending it....the guy is a straight up dumass. lol. i dont know what palin or race have to do with any of this, therefore dont know much of what you are getting at.

however, who is getting personal? it seems like you operate under a different set of rules than everyone else. maybe one CAN put the cat back into the back and maybe actually arguing "disproportionate" means one is NOT not arguing "disproportionate".

:hunch: you tell me....

is this a case where up is actually down and left is really right?

just a suggestion... youve made no bones about it that you are in china. dont advertize it if you dont want to be personal.

steelwall
05-27-2009, 12:20 AM
lol. i dont know what palin or race have to do with any of this, therefore dont know much of what you are getting at.

however, who is getting personal? it seems like you operate under a different set of rules than everyone else. maybe one CAN put the cat back into the back and maybe actually arguing "disproportionate" means one is NOT not arguing "disproportionate".

:hunch: you tell me....

is this a case where up is actually down and left is really right?

just a suggestion... youve made no bones about it that you are in china. dont advertize it if you dont want to be personal.

If you cant understand what I just said then you cant speak English. Or perhaps you are confused since Im actually sticking to the subject matter, whill entroducing a new side of the subject......ohhh but noone was talking about women or race....well I did, and it still pertains to the subject.

Your spin, your persona, your lack of knowledge of people and how they act and react are severely lacking. Sometimes you try to debate with me when Im on your freakin side, so F it Toney...

I will say again so it is clear Biden is a dumbass. (thats pretty much all you need to know about what Im saying)

tony hipchest
05-27-2009, 12:25 AM
If you cant understand what I just said then you cant speak English. :laughing: Or perhaps you are confused since Im actually sticking to the subject matter, whill entroducing a new side of the subject :sofunny: ......ohhh but noone was talking about women or race....well I did, :toofunny: and it still pertains to the subject. :busted:

Your spin, your persona, your lack of knowledge of people and how they act and react are severely lacking.) :rofl:

since i actually have to spell things out for revs, shall i also provide a map to you?

http://maps.google.com/

steelwall
05-27-2009, 12:28 AM

since i actually have to spell things out for revs, shall i also provide a map to you?

http://maps.google.com/

No don't bother..if you do not have the insight, street smarts, people skills....or whatever to know what kind of person I am Toney then don't worry about it.....

tony hipchest
05-27-2009, 12:40 AM
No don't bother..if you do not have the insight, street smarts, people skills....

are you talking about an american street where they mostly drive cars or a chinese street where they drive bikes?

seriously... one needs street smarts to "get" your stylo?

really?

you wear your emotions on your sleeve. i get that much.

steelwall
05-27-2009, 03:37 AM
you wear your emotions on your sleeve. i get that much.

thats what you think, then ?F u ,mods I will take my suspension just to say that.... you are as wrong on this as you are on95% of the last 3 months worth of posts you slimed this board with. Bad thing is, you got some people fooled....... ohhh you know were to insert the smilies and make someone feel dumb, but not me pal, I tried to be your friend and you shit on that,....ask for a link my asss you know you did but whatever.... i'll take my suspension now mods, thats all he's really after,

steelwall
05-27-2009, 03:50 AM
Add to my suspension....

You're a self loathing white man, who lets his liberal indocrination control every aspect of his life including his friends and thought processes. You thought Bush was sooooo wrong you can't stand the fact that Obama and his administration are taking some heat (as well as adopting many Bush policies cause maybe they were good????) you say you dont deflect but 9 out of 10 times you address a comment with something that does not have said comment's subject matter in it at all.

You dont fool me, you never have you never will. I know your agenda, sometimes I actually agree with it, but that does not matter to you because I am a conservative and therefor a sworn enemy in your liberal mind.

You think so many people on this site say you deflect for no reason????.then you are stupid.... it is because you do.!... but your militant left wing liberal pea brain mindset has you so intuned to BS that you think all conservatives want to kill your babies, OR WANT TO STAMP OUT COMMUNISM OR SOCIALISM...EWWWWWW....BADDDD... you dont care what a conservatine says after it is known he is a conservative.

Spin it, do what you will with this article, after your f'n memorial day disgrace and your constant BS I no longer have use to talk to you, I'm sure you won't lose any sleep over it but neither will I.

HometownGal
05-27-2009, 07:22 AM
Another thread receives the lethal injection.

Seriously people - are we all that bored around here that we have to turn threads into personal flame wars? :banging: