PDA

View Full Version : Embarrassed Preacher...

Preacher
05-17-2009, 01:06 PM
So I am in a meeting last night (church start meeting). We were talking about finances and how much it will cost to keep having meals at our meetings.

I looked over at the young lady who is hosting the meeting and asked her, WITHIN THIS CONTEXT...

"So how much do you put out?"

She looked at me... and then her face got all strange, as she was trying to stifle the hysteria in laughter that was about to ensue...

OOPS.

Thank goodness she is my wife's best friend and KNEW what I meant.

lamberts-lost-tooth
05-17-2009, 01:24 PM
So I am in a meeting last night (church start meeting). We were talking about finances and how much it will cost to keep having meals at our meetings.

I looked over at the young lady who is hosting the meeting and asked her, WITHIN THIS CONTEXT...

She looked at me... and then her face got all strange, as she was trying to stifle the hysteria in laughter that was about to ensue...

OOPS.

If it makes you feel any better...A couple of weeks ago I worked until 3 am then got up and came back to work at 9 am....I returned a call to the Chief of Police and when we finished he said goodbye and I replied..."Okay..love ya...bye-bye"

I hung up and he immediately rang me back to tell me that he... "loved me back"
:doh:

Godfather
05-17-2009, 01:32 PM

OOPS.

15 years ago, when I was with the Tulane Hullabaloo (student newspaper) the student government guy in charge of student media came into our office and asked "When do you guys put out?"

Last I heard the Hullabaloo's unofficial slogan was still "We put out on Fridays".

steelwall
05-17-2009, 06:50 PM
Preacher!!!!!! My goodness, be a bit more descrete next time....

Seriously that is funny....

HometownGal
05-17-2009, 06:55 PM
Why Father - you dirty ole' man you! :chuckle::wink02:

If I were that woman, I would have simply replied "well that depends on how much you are going to give". :chuckle:

JEFF4i
05-17-2009, 09:19 PM
Preacher, I would've killed to be there.

Preacher
05-18-2009, 03:44 AM
The saving grace... or not so saving... is that my wife was sitting right there too. SHe just shook her head and laughed.

Galax Steeler
05-18-2009, 04:39 AM

OOPS.

It's a good thing she didn't take you seriously.:toofunny:

revefsreleets
05-19-2009, 09:26 AM
Reminds me of a joke...which is too long to relate, but which has the punchline...

"Only 6 women?"

"Hey! That's not bad for the priest of a small parrish!"

Godfather
05-19-2009, 09:56 AM
Reminds me of a joke...which is too long to relate, but which has the punchline...

"Only 6 women?"

"Hey! That's not bad for the priest of a small parrish!"

Are you thinking of the Golf Genie or another joke with a similar punchline?

revefsreleets
05-19-2009, 12:02 PM
Are you thinking of the Golf Genie or another joke with a similar punchline?

Tis one and the same!