PDA

View Full Version : Why is Harrison allowed to be held every single play?

thumper
05-18-2009, 01:14 PM
Just go back and look at game films - he held every play and it almost never gets called. Why has the league decided that it's OK to let OL hold JH? Why isn't Rooney going to Goodell's office and just camping outside his office until he does something to make this more fair?

It's insane.

Steel Head
05-18-2009, 01:17 PM
they finally started calling it in the playoffs thank god...hopefully it continues and i think it will since he is the DPOY

Vincent
05-18-2009, 01:44 PM
Pick your reason...

1. The league is committed to parity. We're not allowed to win EVERY game.

2. The league knows he'd get about 20 sacks a game if they didn't allow the holding, and that's not a statistic the NFL fan base is ready to digest. :chuckle:

3. If they didn't hold, they'd have to use snipers. :rofl:

I_Bleed_Black_And_Gold
05-18-2009, 02:26 PM
We are the Steelers, not the Partricheats. It's O.K. to rape our pass rushers and cheap shot our quarterback.

steelwall
05-18-2009, 03:14 PM
Man not just saying this cause Im a hommer, but I seen holding going down on Hampton, Farriror and Woodly seemed like at least one of them every single down....blatent shyte... Sometimes blatent holding on a freakin double team.

steelreserve
05-18-2009, 03:25 PM
We are the Steelers, not the Partricheats. It's O.K. to rape our pass rushers and cheap shot our quarterback.

I think that in order to make things fair for everyone else, they'll probably pass a new rule that every time someone is called for holding James Harrison, the Patriots are awarded a compensatory draft pick.

thumper
05-18-2009, 04:16 PM
Pick your reason...

1. The league is committed to parity. We're not allowed to win EVERY game.

2. The league knows he'd get about 20 sacks a game if they didn't allow the holding, and that's not a statistic the NFL fan base is ready to digest. :chuckle:

3. If they didn't hold, they'd have to use snipers. :rofl:

I don't buy #1. Pat were allowed to go 16-0. Not saying the calls were made to allow it, but not enough calls/non calls stopped them from winning every game. So #1 not valid.

#2 is a joke - I mean purposeful joke.

and so is #3. So I guess the whole thing was. OK

LVSteelersfan
05-18-2009, 04:39 PM
It irritates me to no end especially because of some of the very questionable holding calls on our Oline that stop drives dead in the water. Especially when they call holding on Heath Miller. I have rarely seen him hold but he gets called way too much for it on bogus calls.

jjpro11
05-19-2009, 12:20 AM
there were weekly threads about this during the season. i expect the trend to continue.

top dawg
05-19-2009, 12:35 AM
Panthers fans ask the same question about Pep.

I_Bleed_Black_And_Gold
05-19-2009, 01:06 AM
It irritates me to no end especially because of some of the very questionable holding calls on our Oline that stop drives dead in the water. Especially when they call holding on Heath Miller. I have rarely seen him hold but he gets called way too much for it on bogus calls.

You mean like the "safety" in the superbowl?

Galax Steeler
05-19-2009, 03:29 AM
If they didn't hold him then he would have about 5 sacks a game. He brings the rush just about every play.

Kindjunior
05-19-2009, 06:38 AM
I think even the refs are suprised by the power of the Steelers D on game day. They know if they called all the holds they see the game would be over in the 1st quarter, and so would the opposing QB's career

madtowndrunkard
05-19-2009, 09:53 AM
The NFL has committed to protecting their largest investment....the QB.

You'd have to be living in a box if you don't realize it's all about protecting the QB. Every owner in the league has supported rule changes to protect QB's....if you think the owners wouldn't allow refs to look the other when with out side pass rushers then you are naive.

Under the new commish the NFL is taking extreme steps to protect the QB. QB's are sitting ducks. These teams are investing $100's of millions in cap space to this one position.

Hopefully Ben starts getting some of that same protection sometime soon. His career will be over in a couple years if Ben doesn't change his game or the steelers find a way to reduce the amount of hits this guy takes. Once he hits 30 years old Ben's body will break down. Ben is a big boy....he falls hard. He takes hits harder then he should. Qb's with longevity find ways to not get hit hard. Ben welcomes those hits.

lamberts-lost-tooth
05-19-2009, 09:56 AM
I don't buy #1. Pat were allowed to go 16-0. Not saying the calls were made to allow it, but not enough calls/non calls stopped them from winning every game. So #1 not valid.

#2 is a joke - I mean purposeful joke.

and so is #3. So I guess the whole thing was. OK

:doh: