PDA

View Full Version : Esiason Praises Steelers/Slams Bengals

Atlanta Dan
01-12-2006, 08:46 AM
Well, here's a man bites dog story - Boomer Esiason praises the Steelers and slams the Bengals.

Boomer says Marvin Lewis was out of line with post-game statement on Ben, confirms the halftime fight between Chad Johnson and a coach took place (by comparison attempting to get Joey Porter to shut up is no problem at all) and then throws out this quote on Chad:

"He's a knucklehead. He's a wide receiver in the NFL. Not everybody can be Hines Ward. If I could have 100 Hines Wards on my team, we would never lose a game. The bottom line is that (Ward) is the quintessential, unselfish, tremendous football player that every wide receiver should be like. He never complains. He blocks downfield. He understands his role in the offense and he just loves winning."

http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/tribune-review/sports/s_412642.html

JustaFan
01-12-2006, 08:58 AM
WOW.....

As long as Boomer has been a loyal Bengals supporter, this is shocking.

Prosdo
01-12-2006, 09:05 AM
I'm pretty surprised to see this coming out of Boomer.

Avoid Lloyd
01-12-2006, 09:34 AM
Whoa....that is very very suprising because the Bengals could do no wrong all year....

Hell has officially frozen over.

RoethlisBURGHer
01-12-2006, 11:55 AM
Holy crap!The world will end now!

ngreene15
01-12-2006, 12:32 PM
Well, here's a man bites dog story - Boomer Esiason praises the Steelers and slams the Bengals.

Boomer says Marvin Lewis was out of line with post-game statement on Ben, confirms the halftime fight between Chad Johnson and a coach took place (by comparison attempting to get Joey Porter to shut up is no problem at all) and then throws out this quote on Chad:

"He's a knucklehead. He's a wide receiver in the NFL. Not everybody can be Hines Ward. If I could have 100 Hines Wards on my team, we would never lose a game. The bottom line is that (Ward) is the quintessential, unselfish, tremendous football player that every wide receiver should be like. He never complains. He blocks downfield. He understands his role in the offense and he just loves winning."
http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/tribune-review/sports/s_412642.html

I love that!!

SteelerFanInCA
01-12-2006, 02:16 PM
Damn, I never thought I'd see a day were anything positive would come out of Boomer's mouth regarding The Steelers.

stillers
01-12-2006, 02:23 PM
Damn, I never thought I'd see a day were anything positive would come out of Boomer's mouth regarding The Steelers.

hes seen the light on the other side of the tunnel now and he realizes the bungles arent the light.

MichiSteeler
01-12-2006, 03:36 PM
Holy crap!The world will end now!
For real. I'd never expect something like this to come from Boomer.

BB2W
01-12-2006, 05:42 PM
Wow!... I bet that one stung a little bit, Boomer is like a god in Cincy.

Milkman
01-12-2006, 06:07 PM
Yeah, I couldn't believe that Boomer would say that about his beloved Bengals.
Maybe he is smarter than I gave him credit for.

clevestinks
01-12-2006, 06:10 PM
I apologize to Boomer for all the bad thins I ever said about him. Well only 100 or os anyway

CASTEEL
01-12-2006, 06:16 PM
Wow!... I bet that one stung a little bit, Boomer is like a god in Cincy.

The truth does sometimes hurt..... real bad! :sofunny::point::sign09:

I am so glad that someone, especially one so looked up to in Bungleland, called out Lewis and his childish team.

And I too was shocked by his praises.....

BB2W
01-12-2006, 06:47 PM
I apologize to Boomer for all the bad thins I ever said about him. Well only 100 or os anyway
I know what you mean Cleve...my opinion of Boomer has done a 180. :busted:

louisvillecards
01-12-2006, 08:07 PM
hes just trying to get them to shape up trust me he still hates us

BlitzburghRockCity
01-12-2006, 09:47 PM
Boomer and Chris Collinsworth are so pro bengal is just disgusting... but atleast he's making some sense for once!

CantStop85
01-12-2006, 10:27 PM
Boomer and Chris Collinsworth are so pro bengal is just disgusting... but atleast he's making some sense for once!
I've never really liked Boomer all that much to be honest. I hate how he came out with those statements on Chad like he actually saw the incident occur or had some real confirmed source. If Chad really did do what Boomer said he did, then Boomer would be correct...but you can't jump to conclusions like that.

Stlrs4Life
01-12-2006, 11:11 PM

I'm no fan of either of them 2, but. Don't you think that Terry Bradshaw, and Dan Marino are the same way?