PDA

View Full Version : What team will Vick go to?

Borski
05-20-2009, 05:28 PM
I detest Vick for what he did, and feel he should never wear an NFL uniform again.

That being said, I think we all know that he will get reinstated the only question is when and which team will he play for.

I think his best chances are:

Baltimore
Cleveland
Cincy
Dallas

MDSteel15
05-20-2009, 11:27 PM
Let's hope NONE!!!

lilyoder6
05-21-2009, 12:15 AM
i doubt dallas would take him.. it will be a team who would want to run a wildcat to be productive, a team who badly needs a qb.. or a team that needs a player to make them money

Borski
05-21-2009, 01:01 AM
I dont know if he will be taken back as a starting QB or even a QB at all, they might want him as a WR or RB that always has the risk of of a gadget play.

Galax Steeler
05-21-2009, 04:12 AM
I could see him in a Dallas uniform.

steelwall
05-21-2009, 05:07 AM
Man come one people... some say oh... he just killed a dog... well thats not entirely true, he electrocuted them, forced their heads under water to drown them, put them killed them in ways that is just F'n sadistic, used his house (which he bought with nfl money to facilitate felonious activity)

He should not be let back in, no way. You think his little stint in prison has changed his sick behavior....sure....now he'll be more carefull about being caught...

F Vick!!!! I used to really like him in college, but he has lost all my respect. Allowing him to play would be a travesty.

If it was little ole me that had all those charges trumped on me.... you guys wouldnt be hearing from me for at least 5 years.... I'm tired of celebrites getting breaks.... No way should he play....

Bring it on Vick lovers and 2nd chance givers.....well ... not like this is even his 2nd chance.

steelwall
05-21-2009, 05:19 AM
Oh yeah and lets not forget the fact that when the electric shocks and drownings failed to work they hung the dogs by the neck from trees...laughing gleefully....yeah a real stand up guy that deseres to be a millionaire....

when there's really good men that would love to have this opportunity...

Trust me... if a team hires Vick... it wont be because his 'talent'...it will be to get fans in the stadium..... and that is the sadest part of it all.

Godfather
05-21-2009, 08:28 AM
I agree that what he did was horrific, but you can't let Ray Lewis and Leonard Little back into the league and then keep Vick out.

Of course, I'm not sure what team is going to want him. The teams that don't care about character (Bungholes, Cowboys, Ratbirds) don't need him.

fansince'76
05-21-2009, 09:30 AM
I agree that what he did was horrific, but you can't let Ray Lewis and Leonard Little back into the league and then keep Vick out.

Gotta agree with Godfather here - the precedent has already been set and it's not a very good one, unfortunately.

revefsreleets
05-21-2009, 09:34 AM
The list of teams that could use his talent is different than the list of teams known to accept human pieces of garbage. The only teams I see that meet the latter criteria are:

Ratbirds
Bungals
Cowgirls
Redskins
Raiders
Patriots

Of that list, who really needs a QB who can run, but has no accuracy and can't read a defense, and is rusty to boot?

steelreserve
05-21-2009, 11:17 AM
The 49ers and Broncos somehow made it all the way through the offseason with no quarterback, so they could both definitely use Vick. But they probably won't take him.

Honestly, I think being an emergency fill-in for someone who gets injured is his best shot at making it back this year. That gives the team an easy excuse of desperation that they wouldn't have in the offseason.

Maybe he ends up with the Bills in Week 4 after their annual QB injury happens. They might figure what the hell, we already took T.O., so what do we have to lose? Or Carolina is also pretty screwed if Delhomme gets hurt, so maybe that'll happen.

Dino 6 Rings
05-21-2009, 11:22 AM
I think Vick is the perfect person to join that new league that Dennis Green is a part of this year. The one that will be a supplemental developmental league that ends just prior to the NFL Playoffs.

This would allow NFL teams to evaluate if Vick is even worth taking a chance on physically, never mind the baggage of PETA and what not. It also would allow for Vick to be the "high profile" guy in that League, see if he can carry that type of responsibility before he disrespects the NFL Again. Also, that smaller league will allow Vick the time to put in some serious Community efforts into protecting Animals and working with Local Communities to atone for his Sins. Then, after a year of playing in that league and proving himself, the NFL would be a better fit. It would give fans an opportunity to vent their anger on him, while he's Not in the NFL but still high profile.

But that's just what I think.

revefsreleets
05-21-2009, 11:57 AM
He could join Maurice Clarret on the Youngstown Assassins.

steelwall
05-21-2009, 07:30 PM

Of course, I'm not sure what team is going to want him. The teams that don't care about character (Bungholes, Cowboys, Ratbirds) don't need him.

2 wrongs dont make a right IMO they should have goten the boot as well.

Godfather
05-21-2009, 10:05 PM
2 wrongs dont make a right IMO they should have goten the boot as well.

It's not two wrongs making a right. I'm just worried it would send a message that killing dogs is worse than killing people.

steelwall
05-21-2009, 10:22 PM
It's not two wrongs making a right. I'm just worried it would send a message that killing dogs is worse than killing people.

I think everyone with a brain cell knows that killing a human being is worse than killing a dog, but the manor in which he killed the dogs is indicative of a man with serious mental issues.

And Ray did get out of the charge so techniclly he's innocent which would make the 2 situations different.

Steel-Bryan
05-21-2009, 10:29 PM
49ers, panthers, or the Rams

HughC
05-21-2009, 10:47 PM
I could see him in a Dallas uniform.
Jerry Jones seems to have taken a new approach this year, dumping Terrell Owens, Adam Jones and Terry Johnson. (Sorry if you don't recognize them, I refuse to pay homage to these guys by referring to them by their celebrity nicknames.)

I would say the most likely destination is the CFL, but there are two problems with that. One, will his probation allow for him to leave the country? And second, doesn't there season start in about a month? After this much time away from football I can't imagine Vick is going to be ready to play again that quickly.

As far as NFL teams go I see three likely candidates, based more on the character of the team and past history than anything else:

Ravens
Bengals
Raiders

SteelersinCA
05-22-2009, 12:13 AM
There are lots of employers that disqualify people based up criminal past, I don't see why the NFL doesn't. It would be easy, you get a felony or federal crime you don't play. It's sort of like the MLB though, if they really wanted to clean up the mess they could, they just are afraid of the side effects.

Godfather
05-23-2009, 12:49 PM
Jerry Jones seems to have taken a new approach this year, dumping Terrell Owens, Adam Jones and Terry Johnson. (Sorry if you don't recognize them, I refuse to pay homage to these guys by referring to them by their celebrity nicknames.)

I would say the most likely destination is the CFL, but there are two problems with that. One, will his probation allow for him to leave the country? And second, doesn't there season start in about a month? After this much time away from football I can't imagine Vick is going to be ready to play again that quickly.

As far as NFL teams go I see three likely candidates, based more on the character of the team and past history than anything else:

Ravens
Bengals
Raiders

The Ratbirds have Flacco and the Bungholes have Cartoon.

The Raiders have JaMarcus Russell--who, as much as people like to dog him, has a slightly higher completion percentage than Ookie Mexico in spite of having horrible receivers. JR also had a higher passer rating last year than Ookie did in his last two seasons. Then you add in the fact that JR is younger, hasn't been out of football for two years, and is a recent #1 overall pick, and Al Davis would have to be off the charts stupid to sign Ookie---oh yeah. Definitely the Raiders.

Dino 6 Rings
07-13-2009, 02:44 PM
I think Vick is the perfect person to join that new league that Dennis Green is a part of this year. The one that will be a supplemental developmental league that ends just prior to the NFL Playoffs.

This would allow NFL teams to evaluate if Vick is even worth taking a chance on physically, never mind the baggage of PETA and what not. It also would allow for Vick to be the "high profile" guy in that League, see if he can carry that type of responsibility before he disrespects the NFL Again. Also, that smaller league will allow Vick the time to put in some serious Community efforts into protecting Animals and working with Local Communities to atone for his Sins. Then, after a year of playing in that league and proving himself, the NFL would be a better fit. It would give fans an opportunity to vent their anger on him, while he's Not in the NFL but still high profile.

But that's just what I think.

Holy Crap, I'm starting a Blog.

Mon Jul 13, 2009 10:36 am EDT

Is Michael Vick looking at a salary of $620,000 in 2009?
By MJD

There’s nothing close to a guarantee that says Michael Vick will be plying his trade in the National Football League in 2009; in fact, if you judge by Roger Goodell’s suspension-happy past, it’s more likely that Vick won’t be in the big leagues this season.

That would leave Vick looking at the upstart UFL and presumably their maximum salary of $620,000. That’s the figure at the high end of the new league’s salary scale, with $35,000 being what most of the anonymous UFL’ers will make.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/blog/shutdown_corner/post/Is-Michael-Vick-looking-at-a-salary-of-620-000-?urn=nfl,176183

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/blog/shutdown_corner/post/Is-Michael-Vick-looking-at-a-salary-of-620-000-?urn=nfl,176183

fansince'76
07-13-2009, 02:50 PM
Mon Jul 13, 2009 10:36 am EDT

Is Michael Vick looking at a salary of $620,000 in 2009?
By MJD

There’s nothing close to a guarantee that says Michael Vick will be plying his trade in the National Football League in 2009; in fact, if you judge by Roger Goodell’s suspension-happy past, it’s more likely that Vick won’t be in the big leagues this season.

That would leave Vick looking at the upstart UFL and presumably their maximum salary of $620,000. That’s the figure at the high end of the new league’s salary scale, with $35,000 being what most of the anonymous UFL’ers will make.

Yeah, real good idea for a brand new league to try to put butts in the seats while militant PETA wackos picket every game he plays in. The NFL can absorb the PR hit his playing again is guaranteed to create, a brand new league trying to establish an identity like the UFL won't be able to, IMO.

steelax04
07-13-2009, 02:54 PM
Holy Crap, I'm starting a Blog.

At least it would be worthwhile and have more readers than Limp Timber's.

But I digress...

I think Vick will be with a different team after he's reinstated for three years until he "retires" with his failed comeback attempts.

He'll keep his nose clean, but it's going to be a bumpy ride as a bottom feeder.

millwalldavey
07-13-2009, 03:04 PM
I honestly do not think anyone in the NFL will give him a chance. No matter the reputation of the team. I think based on events of the past few years and the way teams seem to be getting rid of the problem children, noone is going to want the negative publicity or disruption.

The Orlando franchise if the UFL owns his rights. Thats a two edged sword... it will give the league instant star power, while chasing away potential fans at the same time.

I still don't think he will be breathing this time next year.

TackleMeBen
07-13-2009, 03:16 PM
He could join Maurice Clarret on the Youngstown Assassins.
:rofl:now that is a name i hadnt heard in awhile. isnt he in jail or something?

BIGBENFASTWILLIE
07-13-2009, 03:18 PM
Vick paid for what he did.... maybe payed a bit more than was necessary... lost his money... 2 years in one of the toughest prisons.... blablabla.... but he paid his time... let him back in....no problems

fansince'76
07-13-2009, 03:27 PM
Vick paid for what he did.... maybe payed a bit more than was necessary... lost his money... 2 years in one of the toughest prisons.... blablabla.... but he paid his time... let him back in....no problems

Absolutely. He was literally ruined by this, and he did his time. If some GM is stupid enough to stake his job on it, why not? Especially in light of the fact that guys like Leonard Little and Donte Stallworth have gotten slaps on the wrists for killing human beings.

Dino 6 Rings
07-13-2009, 03:41 PM
I just think it makes sense for him to play in this league from the stand point of getting his Game Legs back under him. If he breaks a couple 60 yard td runs and has a couple 200+ Passing yards, someone will sign him to the Big Boy Roster before the playoffs.

This league could really work to help the NFL find better players. Plus, with a "lock out" / "Strike" looming...we'll have Tape on potential Scab Players now!

millwalldavey
07-14-2009, 09:48 AM

As disgusting as I think his crime was (I'm an animal rights activist, vegan, the whole lot)... I think that laking away his livelyhood is too much of a punishment. The guy has to eat.

revefsreleets
07-14-2009, 10:00 AM
He was engaged in an ONGOING criminal enterprise. He knew about and oversaw every aspect of this criminal activity. He was tried, and found guilty, and carried out his sentence. This is exactly how the legal system should work, and it did.

I cannot speak to the Little and Stallworth cases in comparison, because there was no ongoing, premeditated criminal activity in those cases. Vicks intent was to cause harm to dogs, even though he knew it to be wrong. He had chances to stop, and he did not. The DUI's are bad, and neither of those guys was punished severely enough, but in my book, Vick got what he had coming. If I got caught doing what he got caught doing, I'd lose everything too...which makes him even stupider than the average Joe BECAUSE he had so much more to lose...

revefsreleets
07-14-2009, 10:01 AM
He was engaged in an ONGOING criminal enterprise. He knew about and oversaw every aspect of this criminal activity. He was tried, and found guilty, and carried out his sentence. This is exactly how the legal system should work, and it did.

I cannot speak to the Little and Stallworth cases in comparison, because there was no ongoing, premeditated criminal activity in those cases. Vicks intent was to cause harm to dogs, even though he knew it to be wrong. He had chances to stop, and he did not. The DUI's are bad, and neither of those guys was punished severely enough, but in my book, Vick got what he had coming. If I got caught doing what he got caught doing, I'd lose everything too...which makes him even stupider than the average Joe BECAUSE he had so much more to lose...

SteelMember
07-14-2009, 10:19 AM
According to local sports radio, the only team that hasn't publicly announced disinterest is the Miami Dolphins...that letter may be forth coming :noidea:

fansince'76
07-14-2009, 10:40 AM

I completely agree that Vick got what he had coming. But he's done his time at this point. If there is a GM or owner out there stupid enough to take the chance that he can still hack it at the NFL level (which I seriously doubt, on either count) and is willing to chance having militant PETA wackos following their team around to picket EVERY game he plays in, why not allow him back in? The precedent has already been set (and it's not a good one) by allowing the likes of Leonard Little and Ray Lewis to keep right on playing after human beings have lost their lives as a direct result of their actions, and barring Vick from the league for life at this point as a further disciplinary measure would be completely unfair, IMO.

revefsreleets
07-14-2009, 10:43 AM
I have no problem letting him back in...football is all he knows how to do.

fansince'76
07-14-2009, 10:52 AM
According to local sports radio, the only team that hasn't publicly announced disinterest is the Miami Dolphins...that letter may be forth coming :noidea:

I can still see him in a Cowboys or Raiders uniform at this point....

SteelMember
07-14-2009, 10:54 AM
Not to condone anything about the decisions made by mike vick, but I find it interesting that so many people have strong outward opinions about the treatment of animals (not that I don't agree) but may not take the time to think about how many of our "best friends" are put down every single day in animal shelters.

As Bob Barker used to say, "spay and neuter your animals".

-End of Public service announcement.

SteelMember
07-14-2009, 10:57 AM
I can still see him in a Cowboys or Raiders uniform at this point....

Ya. Both those owners have proven that they would be willing to take a chance on a player with a questionable history, so it wouldn't suprise me at all. He does deserve a 2nd chance imo.

lilyoder6
07-14-2009, 02:41 PM
i heard that the bengals were interested in him...

i don't think the ravens will go after him.. they do have troy smith behind flacco who can run the wildcat...

HometownGal
07-14-2009, 02:45 PM
He should go to the Browns so the drunkards in the Dawg Pound can throw BONZ at him.

The ONLY team I can see taking a chance on that POS is the Raiders, as Al Davis has the morals of an alley cat. (Sorry s&b :wink:)

fansince'76
07-14-2009, 02:50 PM
He should go to the Browns so the drunkards in the Dawg Pound can throw BONZ at him.

http://i211.photobucket.com/albums/bb136/garyb12001/dawg_pound_wants_michael_vick_3.jpg

:toofunny: :toofunny: :toofunny:

steelreserve
07-14-2009, 05:06 PM
If I got caught doing what he got caught doing, I'd lose everything too...which makes him even stupider than the average Joe BECAUSE he had so much more to lose...

That's the one point I don't quite agree with. I think that once the justice system's involvement is done, your typical Average Joe would find it a lot easier to return to a more or less normal state. If you were, say, an auto mechanic, I don't think this would stop you from finding work indefinitely once you got out of jail. Vick has a lot of extra hurdles in front of him because he was in the public eye.

Having said that, it doesn't make him any less stupid, because as you said, he had a lot to lose and should've known better.

steelreserve
07-14-2009, 05:12 PM
Also, I don't think it'll be the Raiders that he ends up with. It'll be whatever team has its starting quarterback go down in Week 7 and still thinks it has a shot at the playoffs, and isn't worried about maintaining some clean-cut image. I nominate Dallas and Buffalo as candidates because they both stooped low enough to live with T.O. and are in that borderline area. Same for the Ravens if anything happens to Flaccid. I mean, they've already got one felon on the team.

RoethlisBURGHer
07-14-2009, 05:15 PM
I don't think he will play in the NFL.

There will be a lot of fan backlash towards Vick. Protests at every stadium ever week, bad press. With the economy the way it is, I don't think any team wants to take the chance of people not attending their home games due to Vick.

Not to mention, he's been out of football for what, two years? Tons of rust, and can he hold up physically? What position does he play....QB, WR, RB, all three?

Also, he wasn't that good of a quarterback to begin with. So I don't see any teams taking a chance on him as a starter or a #2 QB.

SteelCityKing
07-14-2009, 05:24 PM
...hmmm...what team will Michael Vick go to? let me answer your question by asking another question...

...is there a team in hell? because i'm sure he can play there!

silver & black
07-14-2009, 05:31 PM

The ONLY team I can see taking a chance on that POS is the Raiders, as Al Davis has the morals of an alley cat. (Sorry s&b :wink:)

No need to say sorry to me. I really don't think he will end up with the Raiders. I haven't heard so much as a squeek about taking him.... but, you never know with Al. :noidea:

SteelCityKing
07-14-2009, 05:34 PM
oh, the irony! Michael Vick, an ex-con convicted of animal cruelty goes to the Cleveland Browns and plays for the fans in The Dog Pound!!! that sounds like a nice twist of fate. karma is a bitch! (no pun intended!)

steelreserve
07-14-2009, 06:01 PM
With the economy the way it is, I don't think any team wants to take the chance of people not attending their home games due to Vick.

Yeah, and on the other hand, I think with the economy the way it is, people have other things to worry about than spending all afternoon in a stadium parking lot protesting over some dogs every weekend. Everyone's going "OMG, think about all the bad publicity" but honestly? I think it's something that happened a couple years ago and people are mostly tired of hearing about it.

If it really came down to it, by the second home game, you'd probably only get about 30 hardcore PETA nutcases showing up to protest, and people's reaction would be "Whatever. I came here to watch the football game and drink beer." By the third home game, they'd probably give up and go home.

HometownGal
07-14-2009, 06:14 PM
I don't think he will play in the NFL.

There will be a lot of fan backlash towards Vick. Protests at every stadium ever week, bad press. With the economy the way it is, I don't think any team wants to take the chance of people not attending their home games due to Vick.

Not to mention, he's been out of football for what, two years? Tons of rust, and can he hold up physically? What position does he play....QB, WR, RB, all three?

Also, he wasn't that good of a quarterback to begin with. So I don't see any teams taking a chance on him as a starter or a #2 QB.

You make some very valid points Roeth. Maybe I'm thinking a little differently because I am a dog lover, but I'd pay top dollar for the opportunity to watch our D pummel that creton SOB into the turf. :thumbsup:

RoethlisBURGHer
07-14-2009, 06:48 PM
You make some very valid points Roeth. Maybe I'm thinking a little differently because I am a dog lover, but I'd pay top dollar for the opportunity to watch our D pummel that creton SOB into the turf. :thumbsup:

Oh, I would love to see that. I love dogs, and I think what Vick did was horrible. Watching James Harrison and LaMarr Woodley smash Vick around for an entire afternoon.

And to steelreserve, members of Peta don't give up. There are dog lovers like me and HTG, and then there are members of Peta who are rather insane.

Ever walk out of a movie theater and have fake blood thrown on you, ruining your clothes? Peta does that to people, it has happened to me. Their lives revolve around this stuff, they don't give up.

Oh yeah, and someone ruins one of my Steelers jerseys, I will kick their ass.

Psyychoward86
07-14-2009, 07:16 PM
How 'bout a Canadian one?

HometownGal
07-14-2009, 07:47 PM
How 'bout a Canadian one?

Hey - I'm Canadian born buster. Don't be filthing up Canada with that dirtbag. :chuckle:

Venom
07-14-2009, 08:42 PM
If I had to take a guess, Ill say the Rams

tony hipchest
07-14-2009, 08:48 PM
According to local sports radio, the only team that hasn't publicly announced disinterest is the Miami Dolphins...that letter may be forth coming :noidea:i heard an interview with denny greene last week and he pretty much said with 100% confidence that miami would be the team to sign him.

he was talking as if he had personal insight from bill parcels or something (im not saying he does but thats how he sounded).

he talked how parcels loves these reclamation projects and how he would be perfect for vick and ensure his success and rehabilitation back into an nfl player.

:noidea:

SteelCityKing
07-15-2009, 03:06 PM
the funniest thing about this whole situation is, i asked people at work, "what team do you think Vick will play for if he comes back?" every single one of them said, "he can either play for the Raiders or go to hell!" haha!

how come everyone thinks the Raiders are interested in everybody that's out on the free agent market? if that was the case, wouldn't they already be swooping in on Marvin Harrison?

fansince'76
07-15-2009, 03:24 PM
how come everyone thinks the Raiders are interested in everybody that's out on the free agent market? if that was the case, wouldn't they already be swooping in on Marvin Harrison?

Marvin Harrison doesn't have sprinter speed anymore, Vick does (or did, anyway), and that's all Crazy Al cares about when evaluating prospects at skill positions.

steelreserve
07-15-2009, 03:29 PM
And to steelreserve, members of Peta don't give up. There are dog lovers like me and HTG, and then there are members of Peta who are rather insane.

Ever walk out of a movie theater and have fake blood thrown on you, ruining your clothes? Peta does that to people, it has happened to me. Their lives revolve around this stuff, they don't give up.

OK, maybe the hardcore PETA nutjobs wouldn't give up, but all they'd end up doing is making fools of themselves. And I have no doubt that the first time they even thought of trying some stunt like you mentioned, it would take about 4.3 seconds for them to be in handcuffs, and then get the book thrown at them. The NFL isn't going to mess around when it comes to protecting its precious family-friendly image, and attacking the patrons is the biggest no-no of all. There are few enough PETA zealots around that no one would be left to take their place once that happened.

steelreserve
07-15-2009, 03:31 PM

Dude, it's the Raiders. They don't go after good free agents. They go after free agents with at least one gigantic goddamn question mark hanging over their heads. I think it's in their team charter.

millwalldavey
07-15-2009, 07:35 PM
OK, maybe the hardcore PETA nutjobs wouldn't give up, but all they'd end up doing is making fools of themselves. And I have no doubt that the first time they even thought of trying some stunt like you mentioned, it would take about 4.3 seconds for them to be in handcuffs, and then get the book thrown at them. The NFL isn't going to mess around when it comes to protecting its precious family-friendly image, and attacking the patrons is the biggest no-no of all. There are few enough PETA zealots around that no one would be left to take their place once that happened.

PETA is nothing compared to some of the groups out there. Some of the more militant ones will be looking to make a name for themselves. And they want nothing to do with anyone but the guilty parties.

PETA is really no more of a batch of "nutjobs" than any other group who are zealous about the message they preach.

silver & black
07-15-2009, 08:16 PM
Marvin Harrison doesn't have sprinter speed anymore, Vick does (or did, anyway), and that's all Crazy Al cares about when evaluating prospects at skill positions.

As much as I would like to disagree with you...... I can't. :banging:

silver & black
07-15-2009, 08:17 PM
Dude, it's the Raiders. They don't go after good free agents. They go after free agents with at least one gigantic goddamn question mark hanging over their heads. I think it's in their team charter.

Well.... maybe. I think it has more to do with the mindset of the owner.

millwalldavey
07-16-2009, 08:49 AM
I wish Davis would just be out of the picture. Something just seems right to me about the Raiders winning 10+ games a year.

silver & black
07-16-2009, 05:00 PM
I wish Davis would just be out of the picture. Something just seems right to me about the Raiders winning 10+ games a year.

I hear that! It's been time for Al to stay out of things for a while now. Unfortunately, the only thing that will make that happen is divine intervention.

Fordy
07-16-2009, 05:12 PM
Oh, I would love to see that. I love dogs, and I think what Vick did was horrible. Watching James Harrison and LaMarr Woodley smash Vick around for an entire afternoon.

Oh yeah, and someone ruins one of my Steelers jerseys, I will kick their ass.

Were you wearing a fur coat? Why else would they do that to you if not?

HometownGal
07-16-2009, 05:43 PM

I love those fur-huggers. The best response when they go postal on people who wear furs is . . .

"Do you eat beef"?

Shuts them up right away. :chuckle:

millwalldavey
07-16-2009, 05:45 PM
I love those fur-huggers. The best response when they go postal on people who wear furs is . . .

"Do you eat beef"?

Shuts them up right away. :chuckle:

What do you do when one of us says, "No i do not!"?

RoethlisBURGHer
07-16-2009, 06:15 PM

Fake leather jacket. Wasn't so pissed about that, it was $9.99...but the $90 Nike tennis shoes and the $50 sweatshirt I was wearing did get ruined.

Not to mention, throwing liquid around does hit innocent bystanders in the crowd, not that those wearing fur and leather aren't innocent.

And please don't go on some tangent about people wearing fur and leather.

Fordy
07-16-2009, 10:34 PM

LOL, dude im not a peta freak I was just curious why they did that to you and assumed you had a fur coat. I have never heard that done to someone wearing leather. wow that sucks that happened to you! you must have been pissed...Nothing hotter than a woman in a leather skirt, pants, or lingerie:naughty: Fur is pretty lame tho considering alot of the fur trade is from China and they skin dogs and cats while they are still alive..I still cant believe they targeted you for wearing leather, wow thats ridiculous. Peta and extremists like that give people who care about animals a bad name.

MasterOfPuppets
07-16-2009, 10:57 PM

"Do you eat beef"?

Shuts them up right away. :chuckle: that or.....

http://img187.imageshack.us/img187/5434/big3439182.jpg (http://img187.imageshack.us/i/big3439182.jpg/)

millwalldavey
07-17-2009, 10:47 AM
that or.....

http://img187.imageshack.us/img187/5434/big3439182.jpg (http://img187.imageshack.us/i/big3439182.jpg/)

To which I say... humans are made out of meat as well.

Psyychoward86
07-17-2009, 10:51 AM
Hey - I'm Canadian born buster. Don't be filthing up Canada with that dirtbag. :chuckle:

Ha, my bad :rofl:.

~How 'bout NFL Europe? Any guess is a serious guess for Vick at this point :hunch:

steelreserve
07-17-2009, 06:24 PM
Fake leather jacket. Wasn't so pissed about that, it was $9.99...but the $90 Nike tennis shoes and the $50 sweatshirt I was wearing did get ruined.

Not to mention, throwing liquid around does hit innocent bystanders in the crowd, not that those wearing fur and leather aren't innocent.

You know, I'm pretty sure that if someone does that to you out of the blue, it counts as attacking you by surprise, and you're well within your legal rights to punch them right in the face. As long as you do it right away, I mean.

revefsreleets
07-24-2009, 11:05 AM
This guy is clearly smoking crack:

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=jc-vickstatus072309&prov=yhoo&type=lgns

Vick, the No. 1 overall pickoff the Atlanta Falcons in the 2001 NFL draft, must now find a suitor. Though several teams have been speculated in connection to Vick this year, the executive said his best chance would be to sign with a team that has an established quarterback.

Teams such as the New England Patriots and Pittsburgh Steelers might fit that bill because both have well-established quarterbacks that Vick wouldn’t be able to unseat. Furthermore, both have fan bases that would be accepting of the team taking a chance on Vick.

“You better have fans who are behind you and trust you,” the executive said. “If it’s a questionable situation, Vick could really blow up the whole situation. You’d have a coach on the hot seat and the players could split if the team isn’t winning and some guys think Vick should be playing.

There is a 0.000000001% chance the Steelers sign this guy. Why would we? He's a poor man's Dennis Dixon!

RodWoodsonwasprettycool
07-25-2009, 10:37 AM
The Browns really should take a flier on him.

I don't think he's starting QB material anymore, but it would be good to move him around to receiver and runningback to help create some form of a spark on offense.

The guy is an athelete, but not a guy I'd want at starting QB.

fansince'76
07-25-2009, 10:40 AM
Vick, the No. 1 overall pickoff the Atlanta Falcons in the 2001 NFL draft, must now find a suitor. Though several teams have been speculated in connection to Vick this year, the executive said his best chance would be to sign with a team that has an established quarterback.

Teams such as the New England Patriots and Pittsburgh Steelers might fit that bill because both have well-established quarterbacks that Vick wouldn’t be able to unseat. Furthermore, both have fan bases that would be accepting of the team taking a chance on Vick.

“You better have fans who are behind you and trust you,” the executive said.

One reason team management has the backing and trust of the fans in the first place is because they DON'T sign guys like Vick.

beSteelmyheart
07-25-2009, 05:49 PM
oh, the irony! Michael Vick, an ex-con convicted of animal cruelty goes to the Cleveland Browns and plays for the fans in The Dog Pound!!! that sounds like a nice twist of fate. karma is a bitch! (no pun intended!)
That is the ultimate irony!! Imagine the embarrassment of standing on the sidelines & having the fans of your own team throwing dog biscuits at you. :sofunny:

Kaeg
07-25-2009, 06:28 PM
One reason team management has the backing and trust of the fans in the first place is because they DON'T sign guys like Vick.

Perfectly said, '76.
WTF is this guy on? I don't think there would be any Steeler fans even tolerant of signing this guy. That seems like one of the most clueless statements I've read regarding the Steelers in a long time.
/rant off before I get going...

Fire Haley
07-27-2009, 12:14 PM
The rumors begin...

Per rotoworld-

Quote:
NFL Network's Jason La Canfora reports that he's heard the Bengals, Jaguars, and Raiders mentioned in scouting circles when discussing possible landing spots for free agent Michael Vick.

lamberts-lost-tooth
07-27-2009, 12:33 PM
PETA is really no more of a batch of "nutjobs" than any other group who are zealous about the message they preach.

Peta needs to get a new PR man...whoever thought that having HOT chicks go nude to protest those who wear fur and leather...is NUTS!!!

I mean, if they are naked because of my wearing fur and leather...what is the incentive to QUIT wearing fur and leather??
:noidea:

Hell...have Rosie O'Donell get naked in protest ....I'll wear friggin aluminum foil!!!!

lilyoder6
07-27-2009, 12:39 PM
vick will sure enough find a team to play on this yr.. the man is still an athlete..

we all know he signed up with tim shaw to workout with and u know vick will be rdy again condition wise to play in the nfl..

and the wildcat coming in this yr does not hurt his chances

Fire Haley
07-27-2009, 02:47 PM
It's official - he's back

NEW YORK – Michael Vick has been conditionally reinstated by NFL commissioner Roger Goodell.

Vick can participate without delay in preseason practices, workouts and meetings and can play in the final two preseason games — if he can find a team that will sign him.

MasterOfPuppets
07-27-2009, 03:06 PM
It's official - he's back

NEW YORK – Michael Vick has been conditionally reinstated by NFL commissioner Roger Goodell.

Vick can participate without delay in preseason practices, workouts and meetings and can play in the final two preseason games — if he can find a team that will sign him.
musta been TO's rant that convinced goodell....:noidea:

BIGBENFASTWILLIE
07-27-2009, 03:07 PM
There is NO reason whey Vick should not be reinstated.... He paid his price...(proubably too much) and now he should be aloud to earn a living the best he can....

Fire Haley
07-27-2009, 03:11 PM
Hmmm...Browns need a QB - who let the dogs out?....woof woof!

RodWoodsonwasprettycool
07-27-2009, 03:20 PM
Hmmm...Browns need a QB - who let the dogs out?....woof woof!

I'd take him.

Not so much as a QB, but as a WR/RB/Wildcatter, we need a lot of help on offense and he'd help provide it.

I'm willing to wait two years for Terrell Pryor if Quinn doesn't work out, don't care if we have to go say...back to back 4-12 seasons, I'm not willing to waste a draft pick on Bradford or some other QB of that note over the awesomeness that could be Pryor.

revefsreleets
07-27-2009, 03:50 PM
I'd take him.

Not so much as a QB, but as a WR/RB/Wildcatter, we need a lot of help on offense and he'd help provide it.

I'm willing to wait two years for Terrell Pryor if Quinn doesn't work out, don't care if we have to go say...back to back 4-12 seasons, I'm not willing to waste a draft pick on Bradford or some other QB of that note over the awesomeness that could be Pryor.

That, in a nutshell, is why the Browns will never win a championship. "Win at any cost" doesn't work anymore. Vick is trouble, and as soon as he gets his first big paycheck he'll revert right back to who he is. Can you imagine him and Cribbs partying together? NOT a good scene!

fansince'76
07-27-2009, 03:53 PM
Vick is trouble, and as soon as he gets his first big paycheck he'll revert right back to who he is.

That's just it, though - who will be stupid enough to give him a BIG paycheck (by NFL standards), never mind a shot? I have a feeling he'll get a vet minimum contract laden with incentives - the days of $130 mil contracts for his services are over. Besides, isn't he still ass-deep in debt too?

NJarhead
07-27-2009, 03:58 PM
What about Denver? :noidea:

fansince'76
07-27-2009, 04:01 PM
What about Denver? :noidea:

Don't see why not - McDaniels seems hell bent on getting rid of the few really good players they have already.

Fordy
07-27-2009, 04:16 PM
Im glad he is reinstated because im sick of reading and hearing about when he will be allowed back. Im so sick of hearing his name every 10 seconds..Let him come back and be the average-at-best-QB he is than go away forever...yawn...

RodWoodsonwasprettycool
07-27-2009, 04:17 PM
That, in a nutshell, is why the Browns will never win a championship. "Win at any cost" doesn't work anymore. Vick is trouble, and as soon as he gets his first big paycheck he'll revert right back to who he is. Can you imagine him and Cribbs partying together? NOT a good scene!

In all seriousness..why this hellbent assumption that Cribbs is this huge partier and this is why the it costs the Browns wins?

Heck, if that's the case, Big Ben should not have two super bowl rings right now. (No I'm not talking about the rape case,I'm talking about the pics of him drunk. I don't think he raped a girl, but I don't think he's exactly the model golden boy). Santonio Holmes got arrested for the exact same thing that Cribbs did WHILE IN THE PROS..not in college, playing pro ball.

I'm sorry, I'm not disrespecting the league champs in any way shape or form, but to assume the Browns won't be able to win anything just because they have a few players that may have misbehaved a long time ago and to assume that every last player on the Steelers is home for milk and cookies and then straight to bed at 8:30 is fairly absurd.

Now, I will argue that the lack of depth, the lack of leadership in the ownership dept, and lack of having sold defense since we've been back has cost us. But I really doubt that Cribbs getting busted for weed over at Kent was a significant reason why the Browns have not won a playoff game since 1994.

steelreserve
07-27-2009, 04:34 PM
Besides, isn't he still ass-deep in debt too?

I saw something this morning that said he had $16 million in assets and $20 million in debt, which would put him $4 million in the hole. So pretty bad, but not completely unmanageable if he were to come back, play well, and get a medium contract. Which, although I'm no expert, is probably about the best he can hope for.

Like it matters. If past history is any indicator, even if he makes it out of debt and retires with a few million in the bank, he'll probably just piss it all away on hella weed an gold teef. I'd put the over/under for that at two years.

NJarhead
07-27-2009, 04:40 PM
Don't see why not - McDaniels seems hell bent on getting rid of the few really good players they have already.

Yeah, but he wants to replace them with ex-patriots. :chuckle:

NJarhead
07-27-2009, 09:37 PM
Well some idiot finally called into "Late Hits" (NFL Radio on Sirius) and suggested Vick will go to the Steelers. :rolleyes:

Why people?

cubanstogie
07-27-2009, 10:14 PM

I think this is one of the first times I agree with you completely. Probably because it's not about politics. Vick did his time and in my opinion he did more than enough jail time. I base that in comparison to some of these pedophile and other sexual assault assailants who serve very little time and deserve to die in prison or be killed in prison. Give him one chance and one only. He has a family and kids and hopefully can turn things around. Maybe he will get involved with more community service or other ways to give back. Maybe he will realize he is on thin ice and watch film and become a decent QB. I know thats a stretch. Everyone deserves a second chance. TO has gotten 9 or 10, pacman same, and Ray Ray has also got a second chance. Plus I cant wait to see these whinny arse peta people protesting their worthless life away every Sunday Vick suits up.

NEPAsteeler
07-27-2009, 10:55 PM
He's definitely payed his dues for what he did. What's done is done. We all make mistakes in our lives... certainly some worse than others, but it happens.

BehindSteelCurtain
07-27-2009, 11:17 PM
On ESPN the one guy suggested that he goes to the Steelers. Because the Steelers have no back up behind BBR.

JPPT1974
07-27-2009, 11:48 PM
Definately not the Cowboys as they say they don't want him!

Preacher
07-28-2009, 12:06 AM
I do see the major players here as San Francisco, maybe even the Vikings if Favre doesn't end up there, or who knows, Oakland? Does JeMarcus Russel have it this year?

Wouldn't be real shocked to see him end up on the Patriots in the role that Lefty had with us this year, with a one year contract to boot.

fansince'76
07-28-2009, 12:13 AM
On ESPN the one guy suggested that he goes to the Steelers. Because the Steelers have no back up behind BBR.

Reason # 15,783,256 why I don't bother watching Disney Channel II....

Preacher
07-28-2009, 12:15 AM
Reason # 15,783,256 why I don't bother watching Disney Channel II....

Years ago it was a great channel.

I remember when I was board, I would turn over there and they would sometimes have Australian rules football, Rugby, etc.

Back when that channel was good and MTV was actually MUSIC television.

fansince'76
07-28-2009, 12:16 AM
Years ago it was a great channel.

I remember when I was board, I would turn over there and they would sometimes have Australian rules football, Rugby, etc.

Back when that channel was good and MTV was actually MUSIC television.

Yep, it was a great network back in the '80s and even in the '90s until Disney took it over and ruined it.

millwalldavey
07-28-2009, 09:00 AM
Vick will go to New England and be eligible to play week one! It is at Goodell's discretion.

And for being so nice and taking a chance on him, the Patriots will be awarded a first round draft pick next year!

lilyoder6
07-28-2009, 09:05 AM
i saw where tony dungy is the mentor for vick.. and dungy said that the colts could use him behind manning..

haha.. don't know y when u have 1 of the best qb's in the league.. and i don't see them running the wildcat

Fire Haley
07-28-2009, 10:32 AM
Interesting...

Vick Is Favored to Join Patriots or Steelers, Oddsmaker Says

July 28 (Bloomberg) -- Michael Vick’s second chance in the National Football League is most likely to come from the New England Patriots or Pittsburgh Steelers, according to the Internet gambling Web site BetUS.com.

“The ideal situation for Vick coming out of this process is to land with a respectable franchise that has strong leadership from the owner to the coaches to the players,” BetUS.com spokesman Reed Richards said from the Web site’s Costa Rica-based office. “New England and Pittsburgh both fit that description. They would keep him on a short leash.”

The Patriots and Super Bowl-champion Steelers are given 4-1 odds of adding Vick by BetUS.com.

Other teams listed by BetUS are the Tennessee Titans (5-1), Miami Dolphins (6-1), Minnesota Vikings (13-2), Oakland Raiders (7-1), Jacksonville Jaguars (8-1) and Seattle Seahawks (15-1).

http://www.bloomberg.com/apps/news?pid=20601079&sid=ar9gBU9klsTY

revefsreleets
07-28-2009, 11:00 AM
Yeah, something like this was on yahoo a few days ago. The Steelers will NEVER sign Mike Vick...there is just a zero chance of this. I have NO idea where this garbage comes from...

X-Terminator
07-28-2009, 11:06 AM
It'll never happen in a million years. And as much as I hate New Cheatland*, I don't think they would sign him either. Neither team wants the headaches that would come from Vick being on the team, from the constant media scrutiny to the PETA nutjobs protesting every game he plays in.

I still say he goes to Oakland. Al Davis is the only guy crazy enough to take him in.

stlrtruck
07-28-2009, 11:08 AM
I can see him going to Miami, they don't have a stellar enough QB to run the system and he would add a great threat to the wildcat formation.

Fire Haley
07-28-2009, 11:10 AM
Sporting News gives a better bet

Ranking NFL teams in terms of how much they need and want Michael Vick for the 2009 season:

1. Redskins. They could use a quarterback of Vick's skills to push Jason Campbell, who is only two years younger than Vick.

2. Raiders. If JaMarcus Russell doesn't work out, adding a great athlete who can perform like another running back would be tempting.

3. 49ers. They have uncertainty at quarterback, and coach Mike Singletary would be an ideal mentor.

4. Jaguars. Jacksonville could use another box-office draw. Vick would fit well as David Garrard's backup and Maurice Jones-Drew's Wildcat-mate.

5. Dolphins. They have a bold front-office personality (Bill Parcells) and a well-suited offensive package (Wildcat).

6. Seahawks. If injuries hamper Matt Hasselbeck, Vick would make intriguing insurance, especially given his experience under coach Jim Mora and coordinator Greg Knapp.

7. Chargers. San Diego is loaded with skilled and speedy playmakers, and Vick would offer even more offensive versatility.

8. Patriots. They don't appear to be interested, but that might change if Miami is in pursuit.

9. Jets. The media blitz would ease some pressure on rookie QB Mark Sanchez.

10. Vikings. Vick would come a lot cheaper than Brett Favre.

11. Bengals. They have a habit of giving skilled but troubled players second and third chances.

12. Cowboys. They could use another weapon for their new Wildcat attack.

13. Buccaneers. They collect quarterbacks, and Vick has more talent than them all.

14. Browns. Vick in the Dawg Pound? It isn't farfetched if Cleveland's QB battle fizzles.

15. Texans. It would be an interesting twist if Vick got a chance to become Matt Schaub's backup.

16. Panthers. Considering Jake Delhomme's playoff struggles, it wouldn't be so crazy for them to sign their old nemesis as insurance.

17. Rams. They don't really have a solid backup, and Vick would seem to work well in their new offense.

18. Chiefs. They paid big money to lock up Matt Cassel, but they need more athletes on offense.

19. Broncos. They can't necessarily pin their future on Kyle Orton and Chris Simms, but they could do without more negative buzz.

20. Cardinals. If that other lefthanded quarterback doesn't show much as a backup, they might want to push him with another.

21. Ravens. Probably not, because they already have Troy Smith as a versatile athlete for Wildcat-like formations.

22. Lions. They already have a temporary starter (Daunte Culpepper) in front of Matthew Stafford.

23. Bears. Unless he moved to wide receiver, Vick doesn't fit here.

24. Eagles. With Donovan McNabb, they are a strong contender and don't need the controversy.

25. Saints. New Orleans already is overflowing with skill players.

26. Packers. Vick's big Lambeau moment will continue to be his playoff win there.

27. Bills. Getting both Terrell Owens and Vick would give them attention-overload disorder.

28. Titans. They already have a controversial quarterback with a similar playing style.

29. Colts. Tony Dungy is a big supporter, but his former team just isn't a fit for Vick.

30. Giants. There is no need for them to shake up the locker-room karma.

31. Steelers. The Super Bowl champions already are dealing with a No. 7 getting the wrong kind of headlines.

32. Falcons. They already have proved they can win without him.

http://www.sportingnews.com/nfl/article/2009-07-27/ranking-interest-vick-1-32

revefsreleets
07-28-2009, 11:13 AM
Vick can't throw the ball as well as Dixon, and he can't read a defense to save his life. No legs at all to this...

steelreserve
07-28-2009, 11:35 AM
Out of that list, I'd say I still like the odds of Vikings (if no Favre), Jags, and 49ers. I have no idea why the Broncos aren't showing more interest, since their QBs all suck. I still like the idea of the Bills grabbing him by Week 6, since that's about the time when whoever their starting QB is seems to get injured every year.

Fire Haley
07-28-2009, 11:52 AM
I say No NFL team will sign Vick this year.

Between the month he is going to miss and all the negative attention signing him - won't happen.

Next season he'll be a Cowboy after Romo flops again.

lamberts-lost-tooth
07-28-2009, 12:08 PM
I'm thinking:

1) Redskins
2) Cowboys
3) Raiders
4) Vikings
5) Rams

I think you have to take two things into consideration...1) a fanbase that would be forgiving of his crimes...and you can put a teams past experience of taking knuckleheads with talent (like Raiders and Cowboys) or region that isnt incredibly liberal (like the midwest) into that equation. 2) Team need...teams that either have an iffy starter or little backup.

revefsreleets
07-28-2009, 12:11 PM
Either way, I can't WAIT to see the signs in the stands of the opposing teams when he comes to town. It boggles the imagination....

xfl2001fan
07-28-2009, 01:21 PM
Why not put the Bengals on the list? With their line, they need a guy who can scramble to backup up Palmer...they're used to knuckleheads...and he'll be cheap this season.

The_WARDen
07-28-2009, 01:34 PM
Yeah, something like this was on yahoo a few days ago. The Steelers will NEVER sign Mike Vick...there is just a zero chance of this. I have NO idea where this garbage comes from...

It's coming from this stupid philosophy that he will go to a team with good leaders. I guess to "show him the way" or whatever. Most people believe that the Steelers and Cheatriots have that and voila - instant story.

stlrtruck
07-28-2009, 01:52 PM
Sporting News gives a better bet

Ranking NFL teams in terms of how much they need and want Michael Vick for the 2009 season:

3. 49ers. They have uncertainty at quarterback, and coach Mike Singletary would be an ideal mentor.

Sorry but I don't see Singletary as the mentor. He seems more like the, "One mistake and I'll rip your Effin' head off!" type.

lamberts-lost-tooth
07-28-2009, 02:42 PM
Sorry but I don't see Singletary as the mentor. He seems more like the, "One mistake and I'll rip your Effin' head off!" type.

I thought the same thing...this is a coach who during his FIRST game as interim coach sent a prima donna to the showers.

HughC
08-01-2009, 01:52 AM
UFL

I don't see any NFL team signing him at this point in time. No OTA's, no mini camps, and no games for two years?

No way.

Well, other than maybe Al Davis.

Fire Haley
08-01-2009, 06:40 AM
Steelers coach Mike Tomlin was noncommittal when asked Friday about a potential interest in Michael Vick.

Tomlin's answer was downright Belichick-ian: "I'll say this, we'll be prudent and do our due diligence as far as exploring people that could potentially help us win, guys who can throw, run, catch, block, tackle on a professional level."

Vegas oddsmakers have made the Patriots and Steelers the favorites to sign Vick, largely because the organizations are so stable and the head coaches have a strong handle on the team.

Rumors swirled about Vick meeting with the Steelers Friday. And they were fueled in part by a caller to a Pittsburgh radio station who claimed to be a cab driver that had driven the former Atlanta Falcons quarterback from the airport to the team's South Side practice facility.

There is no indication that the Steelers met with or worked out Vick yesterday, and Tomlin said, "I'm in Latrobe and everybody else in our organization is."

http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/pittsburghtrib/sports/steelers/s_636301.html?source=rss&feed=9

lilyoder6
08-01-2009, 08:01 AM
vick was not there friday.. he was there thursday.. lol

silver & black
08-01-2009, 10:46 AM
UFL

I don't see any NFL team signing him at this point in time. No OTA's, no mini camps, and no games for two years?

No way.

Well, other than maybe Al Davis.

Not going to happen. The Raiders turned him down already.

CantStop85
08-01-2009, 10:51 AM
The Patriots seem to have some legitimate interest...throw him into the mix and that offense could be more explosive than the 08 team.

SteelCityMan786
08-01-2009, 11:35 AM
He should try to go to San Francisco if Possible. They have no solid QB that can take them through the year and keep them in the playoff hunt.

stillers4me
08-01-2009, 12:40 PM
Tavarious Jackson just got hurt in Minnesota........

MCL sprain for Tarvaris
Posted by Mike Florio on August 1, 2009 1:22 PM ET
A league source tells us that Vikings quarterback Tarvaris Jackson has undergone an MRI to gauge the extent of the damage he suffered today during a training-camp scrimmage.

Per the source, Jackson suffered an MCL sprain.

Initial word is that it's only a Grade I sprain, and that Tarvaris might be day-to-day.

If it's Grade II or worse, however, Jackson likely would miss multiple weeks -- which likely would make Sage Rosenfels the Week One starter by default.

Meanwhile, we're still wondering why in the hell defensive lineman Letroy Guion's body made contact with the red-shirted Jackson.

"I don't know," Guion told Sean Jensen of the St. Paul Pioneer Press regarding the cause of the injury. "It was the heat of the moment. Things were moving fast."

Apparently, the Vikings would be wise to replace the red jersey with a portable plastic bubble.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2009/08/01/mcl-sprain-for-tarvaris/

revefsreleets
08-01-2009, 01:44 PM
The Pats are perfect...they have no scruples and will, quite literally, do ANYTHING to win. Vick is a perfect match for them...

LVSteelersfan
08-01-2009, 03:22 PM
Damn, Tarvaris Jackson is hurt. Another running QB who can't hit the broad side of a barn with a pass. Why do NFL teams keep doing this when IT DOESN"T WORK? It boggles the mind. They should have grabbed someone like Jeff Garcia when they had the chance. Michael Vick is s joke.

RodWoodsonwasprettycool
08-01-2009, 03:30 PM
Cross the Brownies off the list.

* Any interest in Michael Vick. “We don’t,” Mangini said. “I’m happy with our group of guys.”

http://www.cantonrep.com/browns/x1551837159/Quinn-opens-Browns-training-camp-first-under-center