PDA

View Full Version : Cribbs can RETURN the favor

mmalone
05-22-2009, 02:20 PM
He earned Pro Bowl honors in 2007 for his return ability, amassing over 6,000 return yards and 6 touchdowns during his four seasons with the Browns.

Huge runs against the Steelers.

Switch him to Black and Gold?

xfl2001fan
05-22-2009, 02:22 PM
I find it very unlikely that the Browns would trade him to the Steelers. You'd have to give up something massive to give the best Special Teams player in the NFL (as well as a potential Wild Cat QB) to our chief "rival."

RodWoodsonwasprettycool
05-22-2009, 02:45 PM
He earned Pro Bowl honors in 2007 for his return ability, amassing over 6,000 return yards and 6 touchdowns during his four seasons with the Browns.

Huge runs against the Steelers.

Switch him to Black and Gold?

Sure.

You give us Lamar Woodley, Troy Polamalu and Rashard Mendenhall and we'll make the deal.

The Browns may not be the best run organization in all of sports, in fact thanks to Lerner probably towards the bottom, but I doubt Cribbs isn't going anywhere, and if he was he'd be going to the NFC.

The Duke
05-22-2009, 03:12 PM
A trade within the division? NEVER gonna happen

browns have to pay this guy. he's probably in their top 5 players anyway....

Steely McSmash
05-22-2009, 03:18 PM
... I doubt Cribbs isn't going anywhere,.....

So you think he's going somewhere then?

:laughing:

Cmdurand21
05-22-2009, 03:25 PM
Isn't he a UFA after this year?

The Definiti0n
05-22-2009, 03:42 PM
Every year there is some returner that thinks he is underpaid because he had one decent season returning kicks on a bad team. Let me guess Cribbs wants to be used more on offense too? Ask Devon Hester and Dante Hall how that worked out. Your a K.R. which means your a 6th round ex college QB who does not have the hands to play WR or brains to be a NFL QB.. But the Stains will do what those other bad teams did (K.C. Chicago.) and over pay him. Maybe if Cleveland's defense wasn't an oily bag of red hot dingle berries they wouldnt be on kick return 15x a game.

bmickman47
05-22-2009, 03:42 PM
Isn't he a UFA after this year?

No Josh Cribbs signed a six year extension in 2006

he wont be a free agent until 2013

Joshua Cribbs Defensive Back 11/3/2006: Signed a six-year, $6.77 million contract extension through 2012. The deal included a $2 million signing bonus. Another $400,000 is available through yearly incentives. He can also earn $25,000 workout bonuses in each year. 2009: $620,000, 2010: $635,000, 2011: $650,000, 2012: $790,000, 2013: Free Agent[/B]

SunshineMan21
05-22-2009, 04:11 PM
Every year there is some returner that thinks he is underpaid because he had one decent season returning kicks on a bad team. Let me guess Cribbs wants to be used more on offense too? Ask Devon Hester and Dante Hall how that worked out. Your a K.R. which means your a 6th round ex college QB who does not have the hands to play WR or brains to be a NFL QB.. But the Stains will do what those other bad teams did (K.C. Chicago.) and over pay him. Maybe if Cleveland's defense wasn't an oily bag of red hot dingle berries they wouldnt be on kick return 15x a game.

Cribbs isn't just a returner.

He's the best special teamer in the game, as he both returns and is an ace coverage man.

He's also the Browns' Wildcat QB in the "Flash" package, so it's not like he isn't used on offense.

Cribbs is a very, very different player than Devin Hester, and he's much more than a KR (although he's pretty good at that, too).

I would love to have him on the Steelers, but it's not going to happen.

The Definiti0n
05-22-2009, 04:16 PM
No sorry, Josh Cribbs is a KR on one of the worst teams in the NFL. No more than that. Being the best special teamer in the game is like have the number one sitcom on UPN. Nobody gives a sh!t

pancake
05-22-2009, 04:18 PM
No Josh Cribbs signed a six year extension in 2006

he wont be a free agent until 2013

Joshua Cribbs Defensive Back 11/3/2006: Signed a six-year, $6.77 million contract extension through 2012. The deal included a $2 million signing bonus. Another $400,000 is available through yearly incentives. He can also earn $25,000 workout bonuses in each year. 2009: $620,000, 2010: $635,000, 2011: $650,000, 2012: $790,000, 2013: Free Agent[/B]

Wow, he is cheap too... He will never be traded inside the division.

billybob
05-22-2009, 04:22 PM
How does this crap get started ? We have our own to bring along . Sheez whizz .

xfl2001fan
05-22-2009, 05:11 PM

He plays on offense as our Wildcat...and Mangini is talking about moving him to defense as a nickelback/safety this season as well. I'm not saying we should pay him 40M over 4 years like the way Chicago did...but he's worth more than 600K a year. I'd look for a 2M/year package for him...because of his versatility...let him have a few good seasons at something other than ST and then pay him more.

The Definiti0n
05-22-2009, 05:24 PM
He plays on offense as our Wildcat...and Mangini is talking about moving him to defense as a nickelback/safety this season as well. I'm not saying we should pay him 40M over 4 years like the way Chicago did...but he's worth more than 600K a year. I'd look for a 2M/year package for him...because of his versatility...let him have a few good seasons at something other than ST and then pay him more.

Yea... The fact that he is gonna play defense only adds the dingleberriness of the Cleveland Browns defense. And please don't say "Troy Brown did it" that was an emergency because of a extreme need at CB because of injuries. Not an off season plan.

billybob
05-22-2009, 05:28 PM
He is fine in Cleveland . What happens in Cleveland , should stay there in my opinion . Can't see we want him , and i can't see we need him either . Maybe shut down your little fantasy now , before you get your feelings hurt . If he wanted to come to a proven winner , and would be willing to play for minimum wage , well that might just be ok . Just barely !

xfl2001fan
05-22-2009, 05:31 PM
Yea... The fact that he is gonna play defense only adds the dingleberriness of the Cleveland Browns defense. And please don't say "Troy Brown did it" that was an emergency because of a extreme need at CB because of injuries. Not an off season plan.

The thing is, he covers on kicks, so we know he can tackle in the open field...which is one of our biggest weaknesses as a team. You want to dismiss Troy Brown. What Troy Brown did was amazing because there wasn't an offseason to train him.

We're talking about giving a guy an offseason to learn to play some defense. I don't think it will work (long term) but when you look at the Browns talent (or lack there of) you have to try something to get a spark from the team.

xfl2001fan
05-22-2009, 05:31 PM
He is fine in Cleveland . What happens in Cleveland , should stay there in my opinion . Can't see we want him , and i can't see we need him either . Maybe shut down your little fantasy now , before you get your feelings hurt . If he wanted to come to a proven winner , and would be willing to play for minimum wage , well that might just be ok . Just barely !

Who are you talking to?

billybob
05-22-2009, 05:34 PM
Who are you talking to?

Seems like you , any more questions?

The Duke
05-22-2009, 05:35 PM
No more than that. Being the best special teamer in the game is like have the number one sitcom on UPN. Nobody gives a sh!t

I bet mike tomlin does. his emphasis on special teams has made our squad a lot better than past years

but still, it won't happen

xfl2001fan
05-22-2009, 05:40 PM
Seems like you , any more questions?

Yeah. You think it's my fantasy that Cribbs play for the Steelers? Were you born this stupid or do you work at it? Do you have reading comprehension skills above a 2nd grade level?

I'm serious. I can't see how you possibly turned this on me. The only guy here who I've had a conversation with involving Cribbs play (and his money) is The Definiti0n. Even then, we're pretty much in agreeance with each other in principle.

Here's a thought, if you are going to talk to me, stick with my portion of the conversation. Not somebody else's. Quote me and refute my statements.

In case you missed it...you seem to be good at missing points that I make:

I have no desire to see Cribbs leave the Browns. I have no desire to see Cribbs play for the Steelers.

billybob
05-22-2009, 06:00 PM
Yeah. You think it's my fantasy that Cribbs play for the Steelers? Were you born this stupid or do you work at it? Do you have reading comprehension skills above a 2nd grade level?

I'm serious. I can't see how you possibly turned this on me. The only guy here who I've had a conversation with involving Cribbs play (and his money) is The Definiti0n. Even then, we're pretty much in agreeance with each other in principle.

Here's a thought, if you are going to talk to me, stick with my portion of the conversation. Not somebody else's. Quote me and refute my statements.

I have no desire to see Cribbs leave the Browns. I have no desire to see Cribbs play for the Steelers.

Ok , to myself , the thought of Cribbs becoming a Steeler is very absurd . It is not going to happen , thus the fantasy encryption . It is nice to know , and i feel proud , that Believeland Browns fans find a Steeler site so hospitable .
I have read every post in this thread , and you would think i fired an RPG at you or something .
Lets get this cleared now , Cribbs will not be a STEELER !!!!! We don't need him , and i doubt we even want him , and thats the bottom line .
I'm a born and bred Steeler fan , and am very proud of it . So proud i would not even think of going on another site and making absurd , myth - based , hypothetical insinuations , such as i have read in this thread .
Maybe i should have just thrown a battery or two .

triphahn
05-22-2009, 06:13 PM
The worst opinion of a Steelers fan is still better then the best from a browns fan.

triphahn
05-22-2009, 06:15 PM
Ok , to myself , the thought of Cribbs becoming a Steeler is very absurd . It is not going to happen , thus the fantasy encryption . It is nice to know , and i feel proud , that Believeland Browns fans find a Steeler site so hospitable .
I have read every post in this thread , and you would think i fired an RPG at you or something .
Lets get this cleared now , Cribbs will not be a STEELER !!!!! We don't need him , and i doubt we even want him , and thats the bottom line .
I'm born and bred a Steeler fan , and am very proud of it . So proud i would not even think of going on another site and making absurd , myth - based , hypothetical insinuations , such as i have read in this thread .

I am with you brother. Browns fans are the worse.

billybob
05-22-2009, 06:18 PM
Throw in Thomas , and maybe we can talk .

billybob
05-22-2009, 06:30 PM
I am with you brother. Browns fans are the worse.

Thankyou Steel brother . It must be tough being a Believeland Browns fan on an enemy site , and not being able to take some heat from the home crowd !

billybob
05-22-2009, 06:39 PM
Guess he is still looking up the meaning of the word encrypted . That is a word i learned , and is in my second grade vocabulary . Must be tough . My comprehensive skills are soooooooooo lacking .

triphahn
05-22-2009, 06:48 PM
Thankyou Steel brother . It must be tough being a Believeland Browns fan on an enemy site , and not being able to take some heat from the home crowd !

No problem. I took issue with a Cowboys fan being on here a while back and was told by others here they were cool and leave it alone so I did. I don't want here from some other teams fans especially browns.

Psyychoward86
05-22-2009, 07:05 PM
Lol, serious hazing on this page :rolleyes:

billybob
05-22-2009, 07:19 PM
No problem. I took issue with a Cowboys fan being on here a while back and was told by others here they were cool and leave it alone so I did. I don't want here from some other teams fans especially browns.

That is cool , there are some encroachers that are welcome here , me not being one , but i have been disciplined before . I did not think i stated something wrong to that ..................,................, but you need to be respectful . Keep that in mind dude , and you are good to go .
We all have our own opinions , and most of mine back up our team history , and the spice , and fire that go along with it . I always try to focus on the fact that this is a Steeler site , and it could prove injurious to think that way sometimes .

billybob
05-22-2009, 07:22 PM
Lol, serious hazing on this page :rolleyes:

Hey man , gots ta lay the law right ?

HometownGal
05-22-2009, 07:35 PM
The worst opinion of a Steelers fan is still better then the best from a browns fan.

That is simply NOT TRUE in this case. SF is blessed to have quite a few knowledgeable and well-respected un-Steelers fans (as I call them) and xfl2001fan ranks there at the top. He isn't here to troll or to bash - he loves his team like we love our Steelers and posts/debates in a very respect manner. No need to pounce on him just because he's a Browns fan. All fans of the game are welcome here.

With regard to Cribbs - we'd have to scrub him down with Comet and disinfect him with Lysol before even considering bringing him into the black 'n gold fold. :wink02::chuckle:

HometownGal
05-22-2009, 07:38 PM
Hey man , gots ta lay the law right ?

How 'bout if I lay down my ban hammer? Knock it off with the hazing shit please. Not only is it juvenile, it is totally unfounded and unnecessary.

billybob
05-22-2009, 07:43 PM
How 'bout if I lay down my ban hammer? Knock it off with the hazing shit please. Not only is it juvenile, it is totally unfounded and unnecessary.

I'm not hazing , i'm not phazing , I'm speaking through my own experiences . Thats all i have to go on . Did you read the part where i was disciplined before ?

HometownGal
05-22-2009, 07:51 PM
I'm not hazing , i'm not phazing , I'm speaking through my own experiences . Thats all i have to go on . Did you read the part where i was disciplined before ?

No - you're acting like a two year old playing King of the Mountain. Stop acting like a big, bad internet bully and attack the post, not the poster.

Yes I read it - - and your point is?

billybob
05-22-2009, 08:02 PM
No - you're acting like a two year old playing King of the Mountain. Stop acting like a big, bad internet bully and attack the post, not the poster.

I'm far from being an internet bully , i think at 48 those days are gone . I was however , directing a message to a newer user of your fine site , that other teams fans frequent this site , and you should be careful of what you can and can not say . I have been down that route before .
If i was wrong , and i had no idea anything about hazing was going on , i issue my appology here and now . That was not my intention what-so-ever . Guess you gotta do what you gotta do .

billybob
05-22-2009, 08:15 PM

Don't even think about swingin that stick at me . I'll duck .

scsteeler
05-22-2009, 08:15 PM
Sure.

You give us Lamar Woodley, Troy Polamalu and Rashard Mendenhall and we'll make the deal.

The Browns may not be the best run organization in all of sports, in fact thanks to Lerner probably towards the bottom, but I doubt Cribbs isn't going anywhere, and if he was he'd be going to the NFC.

Oh wow why not add the next 5 first round picks also!!!!!!!!!!

Better yet why not wait for the Steelers to make their cuts and the Brownies can upgrade their team then. :chuckle::chuckle::chuckle:

HometownGal
05-22-2009, 08:29 PM
I'm far from being an internet bully , i think at 48 those days are gone . I was however , directing a message to a newer user of your fine site , that other teams fans frequent this site , and you should be careful of what you can and can not say . I have been down that route before .
If i was wrong , and i had no idea anything about hazing was going on , i issue my appology here and now . That was not my intention what-so-ever . Guess you gotta do what you gotta do .

I just think you were being a little unnecessarily unfair with regard to xfl2001fan and other teams' fans in general, that's all. They are just as welcome here as Steelers fans and as long as they aren't here to troll and flame our other members, they're A-OK with me. :thumbsup:

HometownGal
05-22-2009, 08:30 PM
Don't even think about swingin that stick at me . I'll duck .

I don't swing - one good swat of the paddle usually does the trick. :wink02::chuckle:

billybob
05-22-2009, 08:33 PM
If only i could speak in the language that the grown-ups on Charlie Brown cartoons used to speak . Bwoool ,bwool , bwool , bwool ,bwool ,bwool , bom ,bwool bwool .
Comet , bleach ,hydrogen peroxide , listerene , boiling water , reaching the point of absolute zero , no matter , cribbs will never wear a Steeler uniform .

billybob
05-22-2009, 08:37 PM
I don't swing - one good swat of the paddle usually does the trick. :wink02::chuckle:

That would be abuse . LOL

HometownGal
05-22-2009, 08:41 PM
That would be abuse . LOL

I dunno - some of our male members seems to like it. :chuckle:

billybob
05-22-2009, 08:58 PM
I dunno - some of our male members seems to like it. :chuckle:

Been there absorbed that . Actually made me a better person when it comes to violence. My boss is the biggesst Browns fan ya ever want to meet , or not want to meet . He is a Federal tax attorney , and i give him the same treatment , because he knows what team i stand for . He never one time ever threatened to fire me because of my beliefs , i never threatened to quit because of his . I actually told him i did not mind the Browns . His reply ....... well i guess not , you have two wins before the season even starts , then i remind him of the Bengals , and that makes 4 . He was born and raised in Ohio , and i never miss a chance to remind him of that . Maybe i carry some of that over to the forums .......sorry .

HometownGal
05-22-2009, 09:38 PM
Been there absorbed that . Actually made me a better person when it comes to violence. My boss is the biggesst Browns fan ya ever want to meet , or not want to meet . He is a Federal tax attorney , and i give him the same treatment , because he knows what team i stand for . He never one time ever threatened to fire me because of my beliefs , i never threatened to quit because of his . I actually told him i did not mind the Browns . His reply ....... well i guess not , you have two wins before the season even starts , then i remind him of the Bengals , and that makes 4 . He was born and raised in Ohio , and i never miss a chance to remind him of that . Maybe i carry some of that over to the forums .......sorry .

I totally respect the die-hard longtime Browns fans. They haven't won a championship since George Washington was still a Sammy sperm (exag.) but their fans are as hardcore and loyal as we Steelers fans are. I have to give them mad props and respect for that.

Years ago, I worked with an attorney who moved here from Baaaaaahston and he was a huge Pats fan but that was back when only 5 people in the entire city knew they had an NFL franchise in bean town. :chuckle:

Not a problem. :drink: All we ask is that everyone's opinions be given the same degree of respect unless otherwise warranted.

devilsdancefloor
05-22-2009, 10:04 PM
:noidea:I dunno - some of our male members seems to like it. :chuckle:

thank you ma'am can i have another :flex::wave::tt03::wink02:

As for cribbs as of right now we dont need him we have so many opitions at KR PR as it is now why bring him in so we cut him :noidea:

xfl2001fan
05-22-2009, 10:41 PM
I'm a born and bred Steeler fan , and am very proud of it . So proud i would not even think of going on another site and making absurd , myth - based , hypothetical insinuations , such as i have read in this thread .

What I find absurd about this entire conversation is that the whole Cribbs to Steelers was started by one of your fellow fans. But you try to turn it on me.

I'm a born and bred Browns fan. So proud that I wear my colors on EVERY site that I go to. I don't need to just hovel with other Steelers fans and try to use Mob tactics. I go to Pittsburgh, I wear my Browns clothes. I go to Notre Dame, I wear my OSU colors. I go to Detroit, I'm wearing my Cavs shirts. Where ever I go, I am not afraid to venture alone. I don't need anyone else to support me or my fanhood.

So take your " myth - based , hypothetical insinuations" somewhere else...because they don't need to be directed at me.

billybob
05-23-2009, 06:38 AM
What I find absurd about this entire conversation is that the whole Cribbs to Steelers was started by one of your fellow fans. But you try to turn it on me.

So take your " myth - based , hypothetical insinuations" somewhere else...because they don't need to be directed at me.

Where did i turn , and direct this thread toward you ? The part where you ask "ME" , who i was talking to? Now you are being a dick , true colors always seem to come through in the end .

Galax Steeler
05-23-2009, 07:20 AM
I like Cribbs he is a good returner I cringe every time he get the ball when we play them but he will never be in black and gold.

fansince'76
05-23-2009, 07:25 AM
Where did i turn , and direct this thread toward you ? The part where you ask "ME" , who i was talking to? Now you are being a dick , true colors always seem to come through in the end .

You were told to stop with the namecalling. Please knock it off already.

xfl2001fan
05-23-2009, 08:09 AM

This is when you turned this towards me:

The bolded part is where the confusion comes in for me. I can see how you would make every other part of the post directed at me...but I was not the original OP. My comments have all been about Cribbs not going to the Steelers. It's not my fantasy, but one of your teams fans fantasy.

Then, you follow up more of the conversation with:

None of this has any value to anything I said initially before you butted in with your rudeness.

Then, you have the audacity to claim I'm being the d!ck!!!! Seriously? I've held back out of respect for the Mods and other Steelers fans that I enjoy conversing with.

Two Mods have had to ask you to back down. Not me, You. When I cross a line, they let me know it. Often times, when you point a finger at someone, there are three more of your own pointed back at you.

rich4eagle
05-23-2009, 09:21 AM

Josh Cribbs would be an asset to any team he played on including the Steelers, he would be a great addition. He is probably the best player on the Browns roster:tt03:

xfl2001fan
05-23-2009, 09:29 AM
Josh Cribbs would be an asset to any team he played on including the Steelers, he would be a great addition. He is probably the best player on the Browns roster:tt03:

I think Joe Thomas is better/more valuable. BE is more talented, but consistently disappears. Cribbs is up there. Top 5 (at worst) However, at this time, he is a ST/Gimmick player. Until he performs a starters function (whether it's WR/DB) he really should just show up and play.

I don't believe he's done enough to warrant a 4 year 40Million dollar contract like what Hester got...but then again, I didn't believe Hester was worth it either.

El-Gonzo Jackson
05-23-2009, 09:55 AM
Could we trade our gimmick player for your gimmick player XFL2001??

Cribbs for Dixon........then you guys can run the "Wildcat", which is taking the NFL by storm. :rolleyes:

xfl2001fan
05-23-2009, 09:57 AM
Could we trade our gimmick player for your gimmick player XFL2001??

Cribbs for Dixon........then you guys can run the "Wildcat", which is taking the NFL by storm. :rolleyes:

Don't hold your breath on it. I freely/openly admit that your team/organization is better than mine. However, I don't think that Mangini really wants to run the Wildcat formation. He's looking at Cribbs more on defense than he is on offense...which is why he brought in two aging veteran WRs and drafted two rookies.

Dixon is likely to be more than just a gimmick player for you guys. I doubt that he was drafted that high to only be a gimmick player. He's being groomed to be a solid backup QB for Big Ben. Pittsburgh wouldn't trade him out unless they knew they had a long term backup QB in place...

ricksteelers55
05-23-2009, 11:52 AM
I might be one of the few,but I really dont want that guy.He's a myself first type of guy and we dont need that in da burgh.Look if you want to play for money then why dont you go to the raiders or the skins so you could end up having tons of money to watch superbowl games at home

the guy signed extension in 2006 i think and already wants to restructure his contract,if he's not smart enough to sign something he'll respect then it says a lot about the guy

stay with the browns dont want u cribbs

austinfrench76
05-23-2009, 11:54 AM
Yeah, don't we have like 17 kick returners going into camp anyways! Let him stay a Clown!!!

xfl2001fan
05-23-2009, 12:19 PM
I might be one of the few,but I really dont want that guy.He's a myself first type of guy and we dont need that in da burgh.Look if you want to play for money then why dont you go to the raiders or the skins so you could end up having tons of money to watch superbowl games at home

the guy signed extension in 2006 i think and already wants to restructure his contract,if he's not smart enough to sign something he'll respect then it says a lot about the guy

stay with the browns dont want u cribbs

Up until this off season, he's been a tremendous team player. I, for one, believe that the old management (and Lerner) promised him to rework his contract. I don't blame him for being peeved.

He's getting paid good money for a ST player...and he hasn't proven to be much more than that. I understand MANKOKs feelings that they need to see him do more than just play ST before they pay him.

However, I also understand it from his perspective. He kills himself for the organization and said organization is asking him to do more...so why not get the pay. He's been our most consistent performer for the last 3 seasons. Catch-22.

MasterOfPuppets
05-23-2009, 01:43 PM
I doubt that he was drafted that high to only be a gimmick player. .
5th round ? :huh:

xfl2001fan
05-23-2009, 01:46 PM
5th round ? :huh:

For some reason, I thought he was drafted higher...

Was he projected higher before his injury?

tony hipchest
05-23-2009, 01:50 PM
dixon is the next doug williams. if ben ever goes down in his career, dixon will step in and win us a SB.

(since ben isnt going down next year, that would mean SB #8 or #9).

Was he projected higher before his injury?

possible 1st and definite 2nd rounder.

billybob
05-23-2009, 02:22 PM
This is when you turned this towards me:

The bolded part is where the confusion comes in for me. I can see how you would make every other part of the post directed at me...but I was not the original OP. My comments have all been about Cribbs not going to the Steelers. It's not my fantasy, but one of your teams fans fantasy.

Then, you follow up more of the conversation with:

None of this has any value to anything I said initially before you butted in with your rudeness.

Then, you have the audacity to claim I'm being the d!ck!!!! Seriously? I've held back out of respect for the Mods and other Steelers fans that I enjoy conversing with.

Two Mods have had to ask you to back down. Not me, You. When I cross a line, they let me know it. Often times, when you point a finger at someone, there are three more of your own pointed back at you.

If i may say so ,as politely as i can ......I never mentioned anyones name , you happened to ask that question . You were so busy backing up your losing team , on a site that is dedicated to the STEELERS , that you failed to realize that . So you don't troll , or lurk ? Why such interest in a nobody like me then ? I don't care who started the thread , you chimed in . So did i . I spoke my mind , and if you can't handle the rejection , by all means have the Mods. eject me from the site . You seem to carry a lot of weight around here , but in my book , you are nothing . Our team was not always the winners that we are today . We even surpassed you all time . You called me out ,not vice versa . If you ask me , you are actually raggin on your team ,for having such a respectable following around here , i don't play that brother , sorry . Josh Cribbs is a Brown-eye , and he will not wear the black and gold ever . No matter who started the thread !!!!! I have no disrespect for the Brown-eyes , and what they have been through . My disrespect is directed toward the type of Brown-eye fans like you that spend so much time on a foes site . You ain't sellin your stuff here , and more importantly , i ain't buyin anyway . My beliefs , have no reflection on this site , they are solely mine . The only one responsible for my beliefs is me .
Now you can bring in you're mods .

HometownGal
05-23-2009, 02:36 PM
Now you can bring in you're mods .

WTH are you talking about?????? xfl never ONCE complained to either Gary or I about some of the things you spewed at him which we both felt were way out of line and totally without merit.

I don't give a rat's patoot if he's a Browns fan, a Pats fan, a Rats fan or any other team's fan. He is not here to troll, he is not here to bash, he is not here to instigate flame wars. Obviously, you haven't read many of his posts which are very respectful and sometimes quite complimentary to the Steelers. Just because he doesn't particularly like the Steelers because his team is a long-time rival, doesn't mean he doesn't respect them. Just because he is a Browns fan on a Steelers site doesn't mean he's a :troll: xfl is well respected here because he contributes in a positive way to the discussions around here. Others, including YOU, should learn from his example.

I've asked you nicely to back off and let this go and I'm not going to ask you nicely again.

billybob
05-23-2009, 02:57 PM
WTH are you talking about?????? xfl never ONCE complained to either Gary or I about some of the things you spewed at him which we both felt were way out of line and totally without merit.

I don't give a rat's patoot if he's a Browns fan, a Pats fan, a Rats fan or any other team's fan. He is not here to troll, he is not here to bash, he is not here to instigate flame wars. Obviously, you haven't read many of his posts which are very respectful and sometimes quite complimentary to the Steelers. Just because he doesn't particularly like the Steelers because his team is a long-time rival, doesn't mean he doesn't respect them. Just because he is a Browns fan on a Steelers site doesn't mean he's a :troll: xfl is well respected here because he contributes in a positive way to the discussions around here. Others, including YOU, should learn from his example.

I've asked you nicely to back off and let this go and I'm not going to ask you nicely again.

No disrespect to you HTG , or this sight . How can he keep bashin me ? He took my post personal , how can i help that ? I happen to enjoy this site . It is one of my most favorites . He questioned me , as to who i was talking to , when in reality , i was joining a thread . I lived without affection for the Browns for my whole life . I hope i continue to do so . I love you . You can not fault me for the strength of my beliefs , particularly on a site of one of the best Football teams ,to ever take the field . :tt:

xfl2001fan
05-23-2009, 02:57 PM
If i may say so ,as politely as i can ......I never mentioned anyones name , you happened to ask that question .
I was curious as to why you were talking to me. It seemed to me that you were acting like an ass towards me (claiming fantasy and such) when I merely chimed in that Cribbs wasn't going to be a Steeler. Seems to me that we agree on that point. All the other crap was unnecessary. You didn't have to rag in on me. It was uncalled for.

You were so busy backing up your losing team , on a site that is dedicated to the STEELERS , that you failed to realize that . So you don't troll , or lurk ? Why such interest in a nobody like me then ? I don't care who started the thread , you chimed in . So did i . I don't fail to realize anything. It's a constant reminder with the black background and the gold trim. The big SF logo. I see it all the time. Every post I see the smilies waving their terrible towels.

I spoke my mind , and if you can't handle the rejection , by all means have the Mods. eject me from the site . IMO (and the Mods) you carried your "speak my mind" too far. I didn't ask the Mods for protection and rarely ever do I complain to them about anything. I did tell Gary (after he had warned you) that you were annoying. That's it. After, not before. I don't ask them to do anything, let alone tell them.

You seem to carry a lot of weight around here , but in my book , you are nothing . Our team was not always the winners that we are today . We even surpassed you all time . You called me out ,not vice versa .
How do I carry a lot of weight around here? I have the exact same amount of authority here as you do. None. The difference is that I'm more respected (overall) by a great majority of the posters here. I don't generally go around calling people names or shooting insults their way. I am also well aware of our respective teams histories...and how they look, both old school and long term. I've been a Browns all my life. As for calling you out, I didn't challenge you until you started posting your comments towards me. As for being a nothing. So. Who are you? Nobody, same as me.

If you ask me , you are actually raggin on your team ,for having such a respectable following around here , i don't play that brother , sorry . Josh Cribbs is a Brown-eye , and he will not wear the black and gold ever . No matter who started the thread !!!!! I have no disrespect for the Brown-eyes , and what they have been through .
You see it as disrespect, but do you hate everyone who isn't a Steelers fan? Seems to me that my fanhood is just fine. Respect your organization, most of it's fan, but still cheer for the Brown and Orange. I can't help it if you're short sighted and narrow minded. That's your problem. The issue (on this sight) only comes about when you choose to make it someone elses. Is it disrespect towards the Browns that I represent them so well? That I'm a classier breed of a fan? Obviously, we will just have to agree to disagree on that.

My disrespect is directed toward the type of Brown-eye fans like you that spend so much time on a foes site . You ain't sellin your stuff here , and more importantly , i ain't buyin anyway . My beliefs , have no reflection on this site , they are solely mine . The only one responsible for my beliefs is me .
Now you can bring in you're mods .I'm not trying to sell my stuff here. I am representing my team. I like the non-football chatter here, which is (generally) where I spend most of my time. However, when I see a Browns player mentioned outside of the Blast Furnace and in the Steelers section, I chose to get involved. I am well aware that your classless posts are not a direct reflection of the great majority of this site and it's other posters.

I don't need to "bring on the Mods" when you do such a good job of that yourself. Haven't asked for their help in dealing with your pettiness...and I won't ask for their help in dealing with your pettiness. Know this, I'm a true fan and I'm here to stay. You don't like that, you don't have to log in here.

billybob
05-23-2009, 03:13 PM
You keep blowin my mind with your approach to my posts . You are obviously more high above anything that i could throw out there at cha . Maybe i will lurk in the backcground and let you come to me . Let you have the chance to destroy yourself .

HometownGal
05-23-2009, 03:15 PM
Haven't asked for their help in dealing with your pettiness...and I won't ask for their help in dealing with their pettiness.

Huh? :confused:

xfl2001fan
05-23-2009, 03:17 PM
Huh? :confused:

Touche ma friend. Meant his. Got to typing too fast...and it's a rare thing when I actually go back and look at what I wrote.

HometownGal
05-23-2009, 03:21 PM
No disrespect to you HTG , or this sight . How can he keep bashin me ? He took my post personal , how can i help that ? I happen to enjoy this site . It is one of my most favorites . He questioned me , as to who i was talking to , when in reality , i was joining a thread . I lived without affection for the Browns for my whole life . I hope i continue to do so . I love you . You can not fault me for the strength of my beliefs , particularly on a site of one of the best Football teams ,to ever take the field . :tt:

He's not bashing you, imho, billbob. He's defending himself which I would do were I in the same position. I told you last night that I felt some of your posts directed to xfl2001fan were inflammatory and I haven't changed my opinion on that. You've given me nothing to change that opinion. :noidea:

I don't fault you for the strength of your beliefs, but on the other hand, I don't fault a fan of another team for their beliefs, either, as long as those beliefs are projected respectfully, which, imho, they were.

As I've said many times - I play no faves around here. I'm asked to do a job and I do it. I've asked you several times now to drop this hazing bullshit and all you keep doing is running around in circles :yap: I'm not asking anything of you that I haven't asked of others here in the past. The only difference is - they've respectfully complied with my request for the sake of the other members here who don't want to have to weed through all of this muckity muck to get to a post which falls in line with the original topic of this thread.

billybob
05-23-2009, 03:22 PM
maybe start a thread to see where things really stand . Cleveland Sucks , has already been started . Let me think here ???????????????

HometownGal
05-23-2009, 03:27 PM
maybe start a thread to see where things really stand . Cleveland Sucks , has already been started . Let me think here ???????????????

How 'bout we get back to the original topic, whatd'ya say? :banging:

billybob
05-23-2009, 03:53 PM
How 'bout we get back to the original topic, whatd'ya say? :banging:

There is no topic , Cribbs will never don a Black and gold suit , less he finds one at a yard sale , and good luck with that too .

HometownGal
05-23-2009, 04:03 PM
There is no topic , Cribbs will never don a Black and gold suit , less he finds one at a yard sale , and good luck with that too .

Cool beans! That's all you really needed to say! :wink02::drink:

billybob
05-23-2009, 04:19 PM
Cool beans! That's all you really needed to say! :wink02::drink:

cuttin down my amount of words there aren't ya sweetpea ? Swing batta , batta , batta , Swing .:rofl:

HometownGal
05-23-2009, 04:43 PM
cuttin down my amount of words there aren't ya sweetpea ? Swing batta , batta , batta , Swing .:rofl:

I didn't cut down on your words. I quoted exactly what you said, which is really all you needed to say in the first place. :doh:

Cribbs will never don a Black and gold suit , less he finds one at a yard sale , and good luck with that too .

Pitch, Swing, 4 bagger! :banana:

billybob
05-23-2009, 05:01 PM
I didn't cut down on your words. I quoted exactly what you said, which is really all you needed to say in the first place. :doh:

Pitch, Swing, 4 bagger! :banana:

Phillies still rock !!!!!

LVSteelersfan
05-23-2009, 05:27 PM
With all the kick and punt returners we have going into camp that can do multiple jobs, we don't need a one trick pony like Cribbs. Sorry, but he is a mediocre WR and I scoff at the fact that he will be any good at defense. The Steelers are great at finding players who can play many positions and they hit the nail on the head big time in this year's draft. Can't wait to see Frank the Tank take Cribb's head off on special teams.

RoethlisBURGHer
05-24-2009, 09:25 PM
I like Cribbs, but right now we wouldn't need him with all of the potential kick/punt returners we have going into camp.

Now in the past, outside of Antwaan Randle-El, we have not had hit it with return guys.

Holmes has given a spark on punt returns, but he only returns in situations when we absolutely need a big return. Holmes is such a big part of our offense, I don't like him on ST. If he's gonna get hurt, I would rather him get hurt catching passes instead if returning punts/kicks.

As for a trade, Cleveland isn't trading one of their best players within the division, and they'd try to trade him out of the conference if they could do so.

But I do agree, he's not worth Hester money, Hester wasn't worth the contract he got. Now if he (Cribbs) successfully performs on defense and/or offense, then he deserves a raise.

Cribbs is an excellent athlete that has proven he is a solid open field tackler on special teams. There is no reason to think that won't translate to defense, even just as a nickel or dime back. He's going to have an offseason to learn the plays and work on technique...no reason why he can't have Troy Brown type success.

And as for his offensive "shortcomings", when has he ever really been given a chance? Crennell's staff never really gave him a chance. He was rarely on the field on offense, and when he was he wasn't often thrown to (partly because Anderson can only throw 25+ yards downfield).

Galax Steeler
05-25-2009, 07:57 AM
I like Cribbs, but right now we wouldn't need him with all of the potential kick/punt returners we have going into camp.

That is exactly right we would not need him now but in the past we would have.

revefsreleets
05-25-2009, 03:33 PM
Cribbs has other issues. He was caught with like POUNDS of dope when he was in college. I highly doubt that was his own recreational stash.

I can see the Santo thing on one hand...being caught with one 3/4 smoked blunt in the ash tray and fessing up, but dealing is a different issue. I think Cribbs is a bit of a troublemaker, so, in spite of his awesome return skills, his ability to play a "slash" role (which we already have in Dixon) and his limited ability to play WR, I'd say....Um.....Nope!

xfl2001fan
05-25-2009, 04:05 PM
Cribbs has other issues. He was caught with like POUNDS of dope when he was in college. I highly doubt that was his own recreational stash.

Wow, I didn't know that. And to think, I used to like the guy.

Preacher
05-25-2009, 04:30 PM
Dang I show up and the Mach 5 is banned?

Don't the mods know never to mess with Speed Racer?

:chuckle:

Where's that list o' mine about how many would be banned in the offseason... we gotta be getting close!

Good job keeping the threads clear... and thank you.

RoethlisBURGHer
05-25-2009, 05:41 PM

I can see the Santo thing on one hand...being caught with one 3/4 smoked blunt in the ash tray and fessing up, but dealing is a different issue. I think Cribbs is a bit of a troublemaker, so, in spite of his awesome return skills, his ability to play a "slash" role (which we already have in Dixon) and his limited ability to play WR, I'd say....Um.....Nope!

Seriously? Damn, I had no idea.

revefsreleets
05-26-2009, 12:41 PM
On top of that, he's a bit selfish. They already ripped up one contract and "paid" him once. Now he wants Devon Hester money.

xfl2001fan
05-26-2009, 01:03 PM
On top of that, he's a bit selfish. They already ripped up one contract and "paid" him once. Now he wants Devon Hester money.

Hester isn't worth what he's being paid to begin with...then again, he's being paid to be the #1 WR in Chicago. Nobody is making Cribbs the #1 in anything on this team (except special teams.) For that matter, I don't think he's currently manning the #2, or #3 spot in any position either.

As for the contract...I understand the player perspective. They want paid...because their contracts aren't really much of contracts when the NFL team can just rip them up and not pay the player.

RodWoodsonwasprettycool
05-28-2009, 01:04 AM
Cribbs showed up to mini-camp apparently, per Mangini and the PD.

I think he needs to realize that at this point, he's not going to be more than a gimmick player and ST guy. Not that those are bad things, they are important. The Browns ST, are I think one of the best in the leagues (Pontbriand rocks, Dawson has stayed with us since we came back, and Zastudil is..eh?).

Our depth at receiver has grown, Braylon-Robiskie-Patten-Massaqui-Furrey and with any luck Jordan Norwood ;), are probably ahead of him, same with the idea tossed around of him playing CB/S/FS, really the only other position he could be is "emergency" QB, that is if Brady goes down, and so does Ratliff. Hey maybe he could play TE? We're a bit weak there.

If he did go to Pittsburgh, he'd be stuck in the same type of situation with only being able to really be a ST guy, unless he really impresses Tomlin and he moves on to be a Randle-El/Kordell type of guy, and even that's sort of iffy. Granted he'd be on a winning team, but he'd also probably make the same amount of money, maybe even less, as I don't think the Rooney's like paying out the Wazoo for you unless you like Choco Tacos and helmetless motorcycle rides (I keed, I keed, :chuckle:)

Besides do you guys really need him? I recall Holmes returning a Punt return for a TD against the Chargers or Rats. I also think, that if there's any Browns players you guys would want they'd be either Steinbach or Mack ;).

revefsreleets
05-28-2009, 09:19 AM
Actually, what most likely happened is Mangini sat him down and said "Look, we picked up some WR's, and we don't t really need you at that position. You aren't all that important to us. You're a KR. Strictly a KR. And we have some other guys who can ALSO play KR. So STFU and play KR."

rich4eagle
05-28-2009, 08:06 PM
I think Joe Thomas is better/more valuable. BE is more talented, but consistently disappears. Cribbs is up there. Top 5 (at worst) However, at this time, he is a ST/Gimmick player. Until he performs a starters function (whether it's WR/DB) he really should just show up and play.

I don't believe he's done enough to warrant a 4 year 40Million dollar contract like what Hester got...but then again, I didn't believe Hester was worth it either.

despite popular opinion Offensive Lineman can be changed like underwear with NO apparent change

guys who run punts back and KO's back for TD's are game changers

But opinion is what it is the great NFL ..........mostly misguided and WRONG:tt03:

MasterOfPuppets
05-28-2009, 08:14 PM
despite popular opinion Offensive Lineman can be changed like underwear with NO apparent change

guys who run punts back and KO's back for TD's are game changers

But opinion is what it is the great NFL ..........mostly misguided and WRONG:tt03: :rofl: dumbest thing i've ever heard.... so by YOUR reasoning, there's no difference between kemoautu and faneca ? or hartings and mahan? then why did they go from one of the top rushing teams in the league for years and years, to the crappy rushing team they are now ?

revefsreleets
05-29-2009, 11:38 AM
Joe Thomas >>>>>>> Josh Cribbs

Cribbs can give you a splash play here and there. He might make a the difference in a game or two. But a guy like Thomas is INVALUABLE not only over the course of a game or a season, but over an entire career. Protecting a QB's blindside is priceless.

Also, a team might have 6 guys who can effectively KR, but they most likely only have 2, at MOST, (and some teams don't have ANY!) who can effectively play LT.

You can keep Cribbs. But I would KILL to get Thomas in the B&G.

El-Gonzo Jackson
05-29-2009, 01:16 PM
Yeah, who really needs a guy to protect your QB's blind side or open holes for your RB with great blocks. Better off to get a kick returner like Cribbs who was such a "game changer" for the Browns last year.

Cribbs has 6return TD's in 4 seasons. Big deal.

Josh Cribbs isnt even as valuable as Tra Thomas to a football team..........never mind Joe Thomas.

Bubby Blister
06-01-2009, 12:48 PM
Cribbs would only get hurt with the Steelers because Arians would run him up the middle on every KR, PR and 3rd and long.

The Duke
06-01-2009, 08:38 PM
Cribbs would only get hurt with the Steelers because Arians would run him up the middle on every KR, PR and 3rd and long.

ok, this has got to be the worst Arians bash ever

try harder

xfl2001fan
06-01-2009, 08:42 PM

Wow...apparently you guys should take it easier on Arians. On the other 31 teams, the OC has nothing to do with Special Teams.

The Duke
06-01-2009, 08:48 PM
Wow...apparently you guys should take it easier on Arians. On the other 31 teams, the OC has nothing to do with Special Teams.

everything wrong with the steelers is because of arians. didn't you know that xfl?

after him comes willie of course

revefsreleets
06-02-2009, 10:00 AM
Arians is the "Bush of the Steelers". He's responsible for everything and anything that has gone wrong in the last 30 years.

MasterOfPuppets
06-02-2009, 10:03 AM
ok, this has got to be the worst Arians bash ever

try harder
i thought it was even too dumb to dignify it with a responce.....:coffee:

mmalone
06-02-2009, 12:02 PM
last 2 years

mmalone
07-14-2009, 08:42 AM
NFL has Cribbs as the #1 return man today...

Cribbs wants out of cleveland....

We need to pick him up.

Or the ravens or bungles will pick him up.

Well, if the Pats dont pick him up first.. Welker and Cribbs ... wow....

revefsreleets
07-14-2009, 08:50 AM
Nah, too much baggage...he's a whiner, and he was busted in college for having a HUGE bag of dope, no doubt to sell. Not the kind of player the Steelers are looking for...

mmalone
07-14-2009, 08:56 AM
Nah, too much baggage...he's a whiner, and he was busted in college for having a HUGE bag of dope, no doubt to sell. Not the kind of player the Steelers are looking for...

holmes had dope in his ash tray - used??

revefsreleets
07-14-2009, 08:59 AM
holmes had dope in his ash tray - used??

BIG difference between a guy smoking a little and a dope dealer. Plus Santo doesn't bitch and moan the way Cribbs does. Josh also suffers under the delusion that he's the best player in the AFC North.

No go...

mmalone
07-14-2009, 09:05 AM
we try to get Cribbs, since the Browns took Alex Mack, from us.

i think cribbs would take a large deep breath and a sigh of relief if he went black and gold... he would fit in.

fansince'76
07-14-2009, 09:24 AM
Mmmm....why, considering we'll already have about 10 guys competing for return duties as it is?

revefsreleets
07-14-2009, 09:24 AM
There's just no way it ever happens...he's a malcontent with a former MAJOR drug bust on his record. He's simply not Steelers material...also, Alex Mack wasn't even on the Steelers radar, and if he was sitting there at 32 we would not have taken him. I think the FO had him rated as their #3 C in the draft.

As I understand it, Cribbs was also on the academic hotseat at KSU, and, let me tell you, Kent State is hardly the Ivy League...more like glorified High School.

mmalone
07-14-2009, 09:32 AM
Mmmm....why, considering we'll already have about 10 guys competing for return duties as it is?

Go for the #1 man if you can...

our new guys are mostly all rookies. we dont know if they can take the hit and hold the ball.

cribbs can kick butt. i seen him kick ours... twice at least...

better on our side than the other teams.

mmalone
07-14-2009, 09:33 AM
As I understand it, Cribbs was also on the academic hotseat at KSU, and, let me tell you, Kent State is hardly the Ivy League...more like glorified High School.

you are high......

our number 92 is from there......

mmalone
07-14-2009, 09:36 AM

92 Harrison, James ROLB 6-0 242 5/4/78 6 Kent State

revefsreleets
07-14-2009, 09:43 AM
Um, I LIVE in Akron and I WORK in Kent. My station CARRIES all the KSU athletics, so it's not like I don't know what I'm talking about...

You are barking up the wrong tree if you want to argue, junior...

mmalone
07-14-2009, 10:21 AM
Um, I LIVE in Akron and I WORK in Kent. My station CARRIES all the KSU athletics, so it's not like I don't know what I'm talking about...

you just said harrison is from a glorified high school.

im not arguing...

i say cribbs is an asset for our team. if hes available i would try to get him.

problem is he will be a trade deal and not a free agent.

revefsreleets
07-14-2009, 10:25 AM
There is a 0.00 percent chance the Steelers even take a look at Cribbs. He is NOT Steelers material.

Let's move along now...

mmalone
07-14-2009, 10:26 AM

Junior need to post one more:

Just a few in recent years. Not bad for Kent State..

Baker, Eugene (1999 - 2004)
Cribbs, Joshua (2005 - 2008)
Elam, Abram (2006 - 2008)
Feldman, Todd (1987 - 1987)
Gates, Antonio (2003 - 2008)
Hallen, Bob (1998 - 2005)
Harmon, Andy (1991 - 1997)
Harrison, James (2002 - 2008)
Muir, Daniel (2007 - 2008)
Santiago, O.J. (1997 - 2006)
Walter, Ken (1997 - 2006)
Wilkerson, Eric (1989 - 1989)
Williams, Jack (2008 - 2008)
Young, Usama (2007 - 2008)
Zahursky, Steve (1999 - 2001)

revefsreleets
07-14-2009, 10:40 AM
I'm talking about the academics, nitwit! It means Cribbs is STUPID! It's like a Juco, hardly challenging, but Josh struggled with his basket weaving and TV 101 classes.

I'm well aware of the pro's who have come out of both KSU and Akron U. Please, let's move this back into the realm of reality, now...the Steelers have no interest in players with character issues like Josh Cribbs.

mmalone
07-14-2009, 10:42 AM
NFL.com

What transpires at that meeting could dictate Cribbs’ next course of action. A holdout, trade demand or leaving training camp at some point are all possibilities, but reaching a compromise on a new contract before things get to those points are the goal, the source said.

Cribbs is one of the NFL’s top kick returners and a versatile offensive weapon who can play wide receiver or come out of the backfield.

Steely McSmash
07-14-2009, 11:58 AM
Some thoughts on this:

Pros and Cons for the Steelers picking up Cribbs if he's available.

Cribbs might be the best return guy at the moment. -- PRO
The Steelers have a lot of promising prospects at KR/PR - CON
but none of them are proven (excluding Holmes) - PRO
He's a malcontent -- big CON
Character(weed) issues - big CON
If we ended up paying him what he's worth we wouldn't have money to extend Heath or Clark - Huge CON
FO is obsessed with return game - PRO

I just don't see why it's such a big deal. If you look at the stats for average return guys vs the elite guys, the average return is not that different in terms of overall yards.

The argument for it is that the elite guys have a chance to give you a boost in some game with that lightning score and momentum changer. To be perfectly honest, I'm content with the guy making the catch and heading in the right direction with two hands on the ball.

Steely McSmash
07-14-2009, 12:01 PM
oh and Adios to Billybob...

Don't know how he managed to stick it out this long.

RodWoodsonwasprettycool
07-14-2009, 12:06 PM
I'm talking about the academics, nitwit! It means Cribbs is STUPID! It's like a Juco, hardly challenging, but Josh struggled with his basket weaving and TV 101 classes.

I'm well aware of the pro's who have come out of both KSU and Akron U. Please, let's move this back into the realm of reality, now...the Steelers have no interest in players with character issues like Josh Cribbs.

Yeah because James Harrison is such an overall great guy and has no character flaws what-soever, I mean he's never done anything controversial :rolleyes: same with Santonio Holmes who just happened to have got off a pot bust. Or Joey Porter, or Gregg Llloyd.

No offense to those guys, they're great players, but to say that the Rooney's run a team of saints and schoolboys is very much wrong. The Steelers have their share of off the field problems, every team in the league has.

Now with all that being said. I don't see the Browns giving up their Wildcatter/KR/PR to their rivals. Hell, Savage turned down a trade with the Rats that would have given us a first round pick in '07 for DA (Still am bitter about that).

We found him, you guys find your own. I'm sure there's some guy like Dixon or somebody you could use.

fansince'76
07-14-2009, 12:20 PM
I just don't see why it's such a big deal. If you look at the stats for average return guys vs the elite guys, the average return is not that different in terms of overall yards.

The argument for it is that the elite guys have a chance to give you a boost in some game with that lightning score and momentum changer. To be perfectly honest, I'm content with the guy making the catch and heading in the right direction with two hands on the ball.

Agreed. Besides, he'd want Devin Hester money and Hester is GROSSLY overpaid. Cribbs had ONE TD on a KR and zero TDs on punt returns in 2008. Not worth it. For that kind of money (in Hester's case, $7.5 million per over 4 years minimum), they'd better be giving you a LOT of production in other areas and neither one really does.

MasterOfPuppets
07-14-2009, 12:24 PM
Yeah because James Harrison is such an overall great guy and has no character flaws what-soever, I mean he's never done anything controversial :rolleyes: same with Santonio Holmes who just happened to have got off a pot bust. Or Joey Porter, or Gregg Llloyd.

No offense to those guys, they're great players, but to say that the Rooney's run a team of saints and schoolboys is very much wrong. The Steelers have their share of off the field problems, every team in the league has.

Now with all that being said. I don't see the Browns giving up their Wildcatter/KR/PR to their rivals. Hell, Savage turned down a trade with the Rats that would have given us a first round pick in '07 for DA (Still am bitter about that).

We found him, you guys find your own. I'm sure there's some guy like Dixon or somebody you could use.
ok lets re-phrase that....the steelers don't PURSUE players with known character issues ... meaning they don't draft or sign FA's with questionable pasts or attitude problems...:popcorn: who in the hell dug this stupid ass, unrealistic thread back up....:banging:

RodWoodsonwasprettycool
07-14-2009, 12:44 PM
ok lets re-phrase that....the steelers don't PURSUE players with known character issues ... meaning they don't draft or sign FA's with questionable pasts or attitude problems...:popcorn: who in the hell dug this stupid ass, unrealistic thread back up....:banging:

what about Najeh Davenport? ":chuckle:

The Browns really don't try to do that either, yet that occasionally bites them in the ass. (Though the Bengals at this point seem to almost be drafting solely on that, but that's for another time)

Great example of it would be this current draft class we had a guy who won the academic Heisman, a guy who was all WAC Academic and a guy who could have went to Yale but couldn't afford it (Also grew up a Steeler fan lol)

For every player that's a Bettis or just an overall class act in the NFL, there's one or two that's pretty much a troublemaker.

And Cribbs has been fine lately, really turned it around, does a lot of chairty work around Cleveland, is well liked, has his own reality show. Really, there's worse people out there then him being perfectly honest.

..and the answer is still NO, you can't have him. Uness we get Woodley and Mendenhall as a part of trade. :sofunny:

mmalone
07-14-2009, 12:45 PM
: who in the hell dug this stupid ass, unrealistic thread back up....:banging:

Me...

i started it again today... Cribbs popped back up on the radar screens this week.

i think Mangini and him may have problems... Cribbs says Romeo told him he was getting a raise and Mangini said that doesnt matter anymore...

I just dont want to see cribbs in a ravens uniform or bengals uniform.

if he stays with the browns thats fine, they are crippled either way....

he is good. he would help us...

El-Gonzo Jackson
07-14-2009, 06:14 PM
: who in the hell dug this stupid ass, unrealistic thread back up....:banging:

I know what you mean. I think we need to start a thread about:

-we need a big RB
-why dont the Steelers have cheerleaders?
-should we get block letters back on the jerseys
-should we get field turf?
-Arians sucks
-Ben holds onto the ball too long. etc.

Josh Cribbs would be a waste of $$ and time in B&G.

KeiselPower99
07-14-2009, 06:42 PM
I know what you mean. I think we need to start a thread about:

-we need a big RB
-why dont the Steelers have cheerleaders?
-should we get block letters back on the jerseys
-should we get field turf?
-Arians sucks
-Ben holds onto the ball too long. etc.

Josh Cribbs would be a waste of $$ and time in B&G.

This is about as worthless as one of them threads.

RodWoodsonwasprettycool
07-15-2009, 12:07 AM
Serious Question to Steeler fans...

If there would be one or two players that you'd beg on your hands and knees from the Browns who would they be?

vasteeler
07-15-2009, 10:41 AM

If there would be one or two players that you'd beg on your hands and knees from the Browns who would they be?

jim brown:flap:

KeiselPower99
07-15-2009, 10:54 AM

Joe Thomas

revefsreleets
07-15-2009, 12:00 PM
Yeah, Thomas and maybe Eric Wright. I consider most of the Browns OL to be overrated. Shaun Rogers would be interesting but he's a bit of a malcontent.

Quite frankly, about 85% of the Browns players would not even be good enough to start on the Steelers. There's just not much there to covet.

LVSteelersfan
07-15-2009, 01:19 PM

Joe Thomas. That's about it. Cribbs is no better than the 4 or 5 people we brought in over the offseason to return kicks. (ok, maybe he is better, but too much of a malcontent. We don't need another Plaxico.) And he would want way too much money for his overinflated ego. KRs are not worth giving away the house and destroying the salary cap. If he had any brains at all he wouldn't have accepted that contract that he is now complaining about. Get a new agent moron. He would not even break onto the roster in Pittsburgh except on special teams. We don't need him. We don't want him.

pancake
07-15-2009, 03:24 PM

I would love to have Joe Thomas in the black and gold... :applaudit:

MasterOfPuppets
07-15-2009, 06:11 PM

ok first of all i wound''nt :beg", for any of them. common sence , success vs's suckiness tells you that the steelers are far superior in virtually every position. BUT.. the browns do have a few olinemen, that i wouldn't mind if they "tried out" for the team. i also wouldn't mind having D'qwell jackson for depth and eventual replacement for farrior.. brian robiskie would also be welcomed.

TheWarDen86
07-15-2009, 06:39 PM
I like Eric Wright and Braylon Edwards, but I'm not sure they'd improve our current roster.

So that said, all I would offer is some old gym equipment and a couple gallons clorox so someone can finally clean up that damn medical facility. :chuckle:

RodWoodsonwasprettycool
07-15-2009, 06:41 PM
Yeah, Thomas and maybe Eric Wright. I consider most of the Browns OL to be overrated. Shaun Rogers would be interesting but he's a bit of a malcontent.

Quite frankly, about 85% of the Browns players would not even be good enough to start on the Steelers. There's just not much there to covet.

Eric Wright?

Interesting pick for that.

I thought in '08 both him and McDonald both had a sophomore slumps, He strikes me as a Number 2 Corner thus far in his career. He's not bad, I'm glad he's on the team, but he's a bit of a tossup type of guy. Fast and speedy, but not very physical which is what I like moreso in my corners and secondary.

I'm sort of shocked of the lack of love for Eric Steinbech, a lot of Browns fans felt that he's an underrated part of the o-line along with Ryan Tucker

revefsreleets
07-16-2009, 11:37 AM
McDonald was a poseur all along...he was routinely burnt like toast, and there's no reason for it other than him being a situational/role DB being asked to do too much.

I think Wright has some real skill, but I forgot about his character issues, so I retract that selection.

The Browns OL is overrated. They essentially had one good year. Steinbach is undersized at 295.

I do think Robiskie will be a good one...he needs to survive "The Cleveland Curse" first...that, and the filthy conditions in the locker room.

El-Gonzo Jackson
07-16-2009, 11:49 AM

Depends on the contract. Of the veterans, the only guy I would want is Joe Thomas.

Otherwise, I'd like some rookies like Alex Mack, Brian Robiske or David Veikune before they get tainted with that stench of losing and staph infection.

RodWoodsonwasprettycool
07-16-2009, 12:14 PM
McDonald was a poseur all along...he was routinely burnt like toast, and there's no reason for it other than him being a situational/role DB being asked to do too much.

I think Wright has some real skill, but I forgot about his character issues, so I retract that selection.

The Browns OL is overrated. They essentially had one good year. Steinbach is undersized at 295.

I do think Robiskie will be a good one...he needs to survive "The Cleveland Curse" first...that, and the filthy conditions in the locker room.

Which is where it looks like he'll be put at for the rest of his career, as Mangini has brought in a whole mess of CB's to start opposite of Wright at the moment. It's looking like Roderick Hood a Cardinals castoff could be starting opposite of him at the moment as he is the front runner.

Definitely agree with Robo, probably becoming one of my favorite players on the roster. I think he'll help Quinn out and actually help Edwards not look as bad either. Edwards seems to really benefit from a guy like Robo starting opposite along side him. Also, I picked up both Home/Away jerseys' of his (When he was a buckeye), for 20 bucks. :).

Steinbach is actually being moved around a bit, Mangini seems to be having the same sentiments at the moment .The thought is that he may be moved to Right Tackle or just be told beef up.

Veikune and Kaluka intrigue me very much, I don't think they'll be starting, but I'm excited to see if Mangini can develop them right.

revefsreleets
07-16-2009, 02:48 PM
I'm also not one of the people who think that the Steelers line is awful. There are an awful lot of factors involved in an OL, including chemistry and coaching, skill players and play calling, just to name a few. I said that if Starks could play at a decent level (average or above), the Steelers would win the Super Bowl last year. Guess what?

I think there's some talent there but it's also a work in progress. That's why there's only one Cleveland OLman I covet.

El-Gonzo Jackson
07-16-2009, 04:40 PM
Veikune and Kaluka intrigue me very much, I don't think they'll be starting, but I'm excited to see if Mangini can develop them right.

Veikune is somewhat of a samoan version of Trent Cole. He is just an energizer bunny of pass rush fury that doesnt stop. That is one guy that I hope the Browns can coach the energy out of so he just becomes Kameron Wimbley.