PDA

View Full Version : Loyalty

billybob
05-23-2009, 05:47 PM
Loyalty,as a general term, signifies a persons devotion or sentiment of attachment to a particular object , which may be another person or group of persons , an ideal , a duty , or a cause .
It expresses itself in both thought and action and strives for identification of the interests of the loyal person with those of the object ,
Loyalty turns into fanaticism when it becomes wild and unreasonable , and into resignation when it displays the characteristics of reluctant acceptance .
A man without loyalty , does not exist. It stirs and arouses him , brings meaning , direction , and purpose into his life and unifies his activities .
At the same time , loyalty has a social function.
Only man's willingness , in cooperation with others , to invest his intellectual and moral resourses generously and wholeheartedly in something beyond his own narrow circle could possibly lead to what the Steelers have achieved to this date .
This article came from the britannica .
it fits it well with the way i'm feelin , but i'm in tune , right in tune , and i'm gonna tune ,right in on you . Loyalty is number one .

triphahn
05-23-2009, 06:26 PM
I hear what your saying.

billybob
05-23-2009, 06:47 PM
esta no problema mi hombre .

xfl2001fan
05-23-2009, 07:09 PM
http://www.worldfreeinternet.net/archive/arc3.htm
LOYALTY, as a general term, signifies a person’s devotion or sentiment of attachment to a particular object, which may be another person or group of persons, an ideal, a duty, or a cause. It expresses itself in both thought and action and strives for the identification of the interests of the loyal person with those of the object. Loyalty turns into fanaticism when it becomes wild and unreasoning; and into resignation when it displays the characteristics of reluctant acceptance. A man without loyalty does not exist. It stirs and arouses him, brings meaning, direction, and purpose into his life and unifies his activities. At the same time, loyalty has a social function. Only man’s willingness, in cooperation with others, to invest his intellectual and moral resources generously and wholeheartedly in something beyond his own narrow circle has it been possible for communities of various kinds to emerge and continue to exist; among them, family, church and nation.

I'm feeling it too bro!

triphahn
05-23-2009, 07:12 PM
I guess we can all agree we are loyal to our teams and we all love football. Even if it is being played by the browns LOL.

xfl2001fan
05-23-2009, 07:19 PM
I guess we can all agree we are loyal to our teams and we all love football. Even if it is being played by the browns LOL.

Yeah, I just wish that my team would play better! Still, they're my team. I bleed Orange and Brown just like you do Black and Gold.

triphahn
05-23-2009, 07:24 PM
Yeah, I just wish that my team would play better! Still, they're my team. I bleed Orange and Brown just like you do Black and Gold.

Fair enough. Good luck next season.

xfl2001fan
05-23-2009, 07:31 PM
Fair enough. Good luck next season.

You too, but not too much. :flap:

Texasteel
05-23-2009, 07:37 PM

I wouldn't give 2 cents for you if you didn't. Good lucky in the up coming season, but you guys still suck.

Try drinking heavily before the games.:drink:

xfl2001fan
05-23-2009, 07:54 PM
I wouldn't give 2 cents for you if you didn't. Good lucky in the up coming season, but you guys still suck.

Try drinking heavily before the games.:drink:
I come from a long family line of very stupid drunks, so I don't drink any alcoholic beverages (not even Nyquil). That's not to say I've never drank (or been drunk) but I'd rather not chance being the stupid @sshats my family ends up being. It's especially strong on my father's side of the family...and of all my mom's kids, I'm the most like my father.

stlrtruck
05-23-2009, 09:49 PM
Loyalty (imho) is the willingness of a person or group of persons to lay down their own cause for the justification of another.

I am loyal to God, my country, my family, and my friends!

T.Richardson
05-23-2009, 10:01 PM
im loyal to the Pirates! and Steelers of course, but Pirates are my number 1 team.

xfl2001fan
05-24-2009, 06:03 AM
Loyalty (imho) is the willingness of a person or group of persons to lay down their own cause for the justification of another.

^
This

billybob
05-24-2009, 12:22 PM

Thats all fine and well , and shows some moral background on your part . It shows your loyalty to your religion .However , "Loyalty is the willingness of another person or group of persons to lay down their own cause for the justification of another ." That is you're definition of loyalty ? That is a blatent definition of bandwagon jumping . How does giving up your own beliefs to join another cause represent loyalty ? Unless of course you've switched loyalties . Then it would explain a lot .
I'm going out and shoot some crows , because there are too many of them , and it's legal too . I would rather shoot them , than eat them . Just hope i see a Raven too !!!!!!!!

LVSteelersfan
05-24-2009, 01:09 PM
I must say I am happy that way back when in my formative years that I became a diehard Pirates and Steelers fan. I actually became a Steelers fan before they were really good because I enjoyed their smashmouth style and I was rooting for Clemente and company back when the Pirates were actually good. So it seemed like a good fit. Thank God I did not become a Clowns or Cowboys fan or something disgusting like that. But to each his own. I wish no luck whatsoever to any other team because there is no other team besides the Steelers. But everyone is entitled to be a diehard fan of insignificant teams if that is what floats their boat. No skin off my nose.

xfl2001fan
05-24-2009, 01:43 PM
Thats all fine and well , and shows some moral background on your part . It shows your loyalty to your religion .However , "Loyalty is the willingness of another person or group of persons to lay down their own cause for the justification of another ." That is you're definition of loyalty ? That is a blatent definition of bandwagon jumping . How does giving up your own beliefs to join another cause represent loyalty ? Unless of course you've switched loyalties . Then it would explain a lot .
I'm going out and shoot some crows , because there are too many of them , and it's legal too . I would rather shoot them , than eat them . Just hope i see a Raven too !!!!!!!!

I have my own personal agendas and goals in life. Whether that be time spent with family and friends, playing various sports in various intramural leagues or whatever. Sometimes, the Military gets in the way of that. My loyalty to my family, my friends, my sports and my personal life never waivers...but sometimes I HAVE to give them up for a greater cause. Because I am loyal to them, I am willing to sacrifice some of that time spent in order to ensure (down the road) that I (as well as others) have that time to spend with them.

Unless you think I am switching loyalties. While I can't speak for him, I believe that is what he was inferring to...it was certainly what I was inferring to when I agreed with his statement.

billybob
05-24-2009, 01:51 PM
Feel ya there brother. When i started liken em they still had the other Terry . The year was 1974, and i found my loyalty then , on a cold Monday night game in Pittsburgh , it was cold in Mummasburgh , Pa . too . I was in the 6th grade at that time . Of course i did not know about home desk top computers then either . I did have a Texas Instruments calculator at the time . It was all the rave . Dan Pastorini lost that game to another Terry , and the Houston Oilers are no longer in existence , but my loyalties are . Bradshaw made his debute , and even till this day the legacy continues . I will never change anything to do with how passionate i am , when it has to do with the Steelers . It will never be hard to figure out where my loyalties are layed to rest , for all the world to see . I am proud of that , and never will i change ! EVER !!!!!!:tt02:

billybob
05-24-2009, 02:13 PM
I have my own personal agendas and goals in life. Whether that be time spent with family and friends, playing various sports in various intramural leagues or whatever. Sometimes, the Military gets in the way of that. My loyalty to my family, my friends, my sports and my personal life never waivers...but sometimes I HAVE to give them up for a greater cause. Because I am loyal to them, I am willing to sacrifice some of that time spent in order to ensure (down the road) that I (as well as others) have that time to spend with them.

Unless you think I am switching loyalties. While I can't speak for him, I believe that is what he was inferring to...it was certainly what I was inferring to when I agreed with his statement.

I , ah , there ya go again , i was not directing a post to you . I quoted someone else . You need to lay off me dude . My father was an infantry man in the front lines of Normandy , with two purple hearts , with oakleaf cluster . good conduct , and the list goes on . You keep jumping on me , and i even gave a definition straight from a dictionary about loyalty .If you have some type of beef with me , send me a personal message , and we can make arrangements to settle it . I will gladly take some time to meet you at your choice of destinations . Keep your negative vibrations to yourself .I can shoot crow , but i don't have to eat it like you do year after year . Get over it and , PLEASE , PLEASE , stop directing your Ohio stupidity toward me . If you want to follow a proven winner in Ohio , just stick with the Buckeyes , they could probably beat the Brown-eyes .
Farther more , if you can not speak for the person that i was addressing , what are you doing then ?

T.Richardson
05-24-2009, 02:24 PM
I , ah , there ya go again , i was not directing a post to you . I quoted someone else . You need to lay off me dude . My father was an infantry man in the front lines of Normandy , with two purple hearts , with oakleaf cluster . good conduct , and the list goes on . You keep jumping on me , and i even gave a definition straight from a dictionary about loyalty .If you have some type of beef with me , send me a personal message , and we can make arrangements to settle it . I will gladly take some time to meet you at your choice of destinations . Keep your negative vibrations to yourself .I can shoot crow , but i don't have to eat it like you do year after year . Get over it and , PLEASE , PLEASE , stop directing your Ohio stupidity toward me . If you want to follow a proven winner in Ohio , just stick with the Buckeyes , they could probably beat the Brown-eyes .
Farther more , if you can not speak for the person that i was addressing , what are you doing then ?

your an idiot. especially with the bold statement.

triphahn
05-24-2009, 02:30 PM
You too, but not too much. :flap:

Thats OK. Steelers only need a little luck.

billybob
05-24-2009, 02:35 PM
Farther more , if you can not speak for the person that i was addressing , what the F____k are you doing then ?

You're really startin to piss me off now ! If you command respect from me , you will have to earn it . Being a Browneye fan here , is not quite good enough for me . You wanna go after every post i make , feel free , you asshole . Every post i make refers to you ? What a shallow , dimwitted , punk you must really be . This Memorial day i will be thinking of good men like my father was , and others that gave more than you could ever imagine . You are not my commander , and i doubt you will ever be anyones .You seem to lack the qualities needed for such positions . Get off my back , and let the person i "quoted" make his own statement . You should get a merit for gut s, but the one you get for stupidity , done canceled it out .

T.Richardson
05-24-2009, 02:38 PM
You're really startin to piss me off now ! If you command respect from me , you will have to earn it . Being a Browneye fan here , is not quite good enough for me . You wanna go after every post i make , feel free , you asshole . Every post i make refers to you ? What a shallow , dimwitted , punk you must really be . This Memorial day i will be thinking of good men like my father was , and others that gave more than you could ever imagine . You are not my commander , and i doubt you will ever be anyones .You seem to lack the qualities needed for such positions . Get off my back , and let the person i "quoted" make his own statement . You should get a merit for gut s, but the one you get for stupidity , done canceled it out .

You quoted yourself, and directed some comments towards it. is there 2 billybobs?

billybob
05-24-2009, 02:42 PM
You quoted yourself, and directed some comments towards it. is there 2 billybobs?

You mean , Are there 2 billybobs , not is there . What bold print are you referring to ?

billybob
05-24-2009, 02:43 PM
I never bold printed jack .

Borski
05-24-2009, 02:45 PM
edit: wrong thread

T.Richardson
05-24-2009, 02:46 PM
I referred to this statement: "If you have some type of beef with me , send me a personal message , and we can make arrangements to settle it . I will gladly take some time to meet you at your choice of destinations"

Only an idiot would say that.

Borski
05-24-2009, 02:48 PM
You mean , Are there 2 billybobs , not is there . What bold print are you referring to ?

what are you saying? He asked if you are talking to yourself, which is what it looks like.

billybob
05-24-2009, 02:53 PM
I referred to this statement: "If you have some type of beef with me , send me a personal message , and we can make arrangements to settle it . I will gladly take some time to meet you at your choice of destinations"

Only an idiot would say that.

Oh , an idiot aye , if there is something personal going on , i think it would be quite realistic , to keep it off the board , don't you . This thread is about loyalties , any questions ?

T.Richardson
05-24-2009, 03:05 PM
Oh , an idiot aye , if there is something personal going on , i think it would be quite realistic , to keep it off the board , don't you . This thread is about loyalties , any questions ?

...im referring to the "meet me at ___ location and settle it there" comment.

billybob
05-24-2009, 03:06 PM

I made a move too fast . there is only one billybob . I did not feel like reentering the whole post . sorry . personal messages are made to keep stupid shit off the board . i said nothing wrong to the dumb-ass that called for him to call me out onced again .
If you want to join the "Hate Billybob " club too , you have to wait your turn . But one thing that you need to know , is ole billybob will still be around backing up his loyalties , and never , ever wavering .
Do you like being accused of something you did not do ?
It was only a continuation of the same post . You never saw that before ?

T.Richardson
05-24-2009, 03:14 PM
I made a move too fast . there is only one billybob . I did not feel like reentering the whole post . sorry . personal messages are made to keep stupid shit off the board . i said nothing wrong to the dumb-ass that called for him to call me out onced again .
If you want to join the "Hate Billybob " club too , you have to wait your turn . But one thing that you need to know , is ole billybob will still be around backing up his loyalties , and never , ever wavering .
Do you like being accused of something you did not do ?

well..you did make that comment about the Pirates, and how they suck and dont matter in Pittsburgh.

billybob
05-24-2009, 03:14 PM
...im referring to the "meet me at ___ location and settle it there" comment.

What is wrong with that ? Ya think we are going to meet and fight or something ? Maybe i could force him into buying me a beer or something , while we talk over all of the reasons why the Brown-eyes suck , and the Steelers are # 1 .

billybob
05-24-2009, 03:16 PM
well..you did make that comment about the Pirates, and how they suck and dont matter in Pittsburgh.

Thats cuz i like the Phillies in Baseball . Always have . It's a dad thing .

billybob
05-24-2009, 03:22 PM
When was the last time that two of your teams were world champions in the same year ?

MasterOfPuppets
05-24-2009, 03:37 PM
i poop orange and brown....:noidea:

T.Richardson
05-24-2009, 03:42 PM
When was the last time that two of your teams were world champions in the same year ?

the Pirates and Steelers in '79

billybob
05-24-2009, 03:46 PM
i poop orange and brown....:noidea:

Man , i can only imagine the way the poop must smell . Orange and brown is not a good combination . Guess loyalties do the dictation .:poop:

billybob
05-24-2009, 03:50 PM
the Pirates and Steelers in '79

Oh , nothing wrong with that , coming from a fan that his team lost the most games in a season like me . I think the O's challenged the Phills on that stat , but i think the Phills still own it .

xfl2001fan
05-24-2009, 03:51 PM
I , ah , there ya go again , i was not directing a post to you . I quoted someone else . You need to lay off me dude .

Bit touchy, aren't you? I answered a question. Never called names or anything. Never brought up teams. Never thought to bring up violence.

My father was an infantry man in the front lines of Normandy , with two purple hearts , with oakleaf cluster . good conduct , and the list goes on .

Great for your father. A heart felt :salute: to him and his service is earned!

That being said, I'm not sure what your father's status in the military has anything to do with this...but that's fine. Your pride is well placed. I'm sure it was in reference to my military status...but if you think we need to compare careers, then you completely missed the point of my post.

You keep jumping on me , and i even gave a definition straight from a dictionary about loyalty .

You gave a definition from an encyclopedia. Not a dictionary. Merriam Webster (a dictionary) defines it as:

: the quality or state or an instance of being loyal

It goes on further to describe "loyal" as :

: unswerving in allegiance: as
a: faithful in allegiance to one's lawful sovereign or government
b: faithful to a private person to whom fidelity is due
c: faithful to a cause, ideal, custom, institution, or product

If you have some type of beef with me , send me a personal message , and we can make arrangements to settle it . I will gladly take some time to meet you at your choice of destinations . Keep your negative vibrations to yourself .I can shoot crow , but i don't have to eat it like you do year after year .

How exactly would we "settle" this? While I'm sure what you are inferring, all that proves is who is capable of fighting better at that given moment...nothing else. So I'm not sure how that would actually "settle" anything. Win or lose in a fight, my opinions don't change. The fact that you are inferring violence as an answer speaks less of you and your intelligence. We're not caveman.

Get over it and , PLEASE , PLEASE , stop directing your Ohio stupidity toward me . If you want to follow a proven winner in Ohio , just stick with the Buckeyes , they could probably beat the Brown-eyes .
Farther more , if you can not speak for the person that i was addressing , what the F____k are you doing then ?

Ohio stupidity? This from the guy who qouted himself and said "you're pissing me off". :sofunny:

Bringing in the Browns...seriously? What does that have to do at all with this conversation? Too funny. I was pointing out that their opinion on loyalty might not match mine...but since I liked how they defined loyalty, I figured I'd give an alternative view point that would certainly provide you with some possible insight into their thought process.

Pi Kapp Steeler
05-24-2009, 04:08 PM
Geez you know its definately the OFF-season when stuff like this goes on. Lets drop it guys i think we are all just bored out of minds that it isnt football season so we are resorting to jumping down eachothers throats with ever comment we make.

billybob
05-24-2009, 04:11 PM
It's all good man , just stop thinkin all my posts are directed toward you , and we are good ta go , even though the browns suck . That is one post you could not argue though ........hmmmmmm?

xfl2001fan
05-24-2009, 04:21 PM
It's all good man , just stop thinkin all my posts are directed toward you , and we are good ta go , even though the browns suck . That is one post you could not argue though ........hmmmmmm?

I don't believe that all of your posts are directed at me. I responded to the bolded portion of your response...because I thought it would be informative. I didn't like that you said it defined bandwagon...though in some sense, you are right in that it can be bandwagon.

As for the Browns Sucking? I can absolutely argue it. Most of it would be illogical...and since I am a fan of the game first and foremost, I won't do that. The one logical point I'll argue is that while they are not up to snuff as a week in and week out NFL caliber competitor, they're better than any other team on the face of the planet outside the NFL. They're still my team...and while I want them to improve, it won't change my loyalty to them.

triphahn
05-24-2009, 04:33 PM
I don't believe that all of your posts are directed at me. I responded to the bolded portion of your response...because I thought it would be informative. I didn't like that you said it defined bandwagon...though in some sense, you are right in that it can be bandwagon.

As for the Browns Sucking? I can absolutely argue it. Most of it would be illogical...and since I am a fan of the game first and foremost, I won't do that. The one logical point I'll argue is that while they are not up to snuff as a week in and week out NFL caliber competitor, they're better than any other team on the face of the planet outside the NFL. They're still my team...and while I want them to improve, it won't change my loyalty to them.

Look this is a Steelers sight. Billybob gave you a good place to end this and let it rest and you came back with this. You need to lay off. I understand you love your team the same as we love the Steelers but you are the guest here. Talking football is one thing this is just bickering and YOU need to let it rest.

xfl2001fan
05-24-2009, 04:42 PM
Look this is a Steelers sight. Billybob gave you a good place to end this and let it rest and you came back with this. You need to lay off. I understand you love your team the same as we love the Steelers but you are the guest here. Talking football is one thing this is just bickering and YOU need to let it rest.

That's funny, I thought I was being extremely respectful to him. Then I added the last paragraph as a bit of a joke...but still let him know that his opinion of my team has merit.

I know I'm a guest here. Guess what, so are you.

billybob
05-24-2009, 04:51 PM

Hey triphahn , its ok . Let the shit roll man . I don't want to see you get disciplined because of me . You surely have the loyalty that this thread suggested . I would feel dishonored if you caught a club upside the head cause of me . He has his loyalty too , it's just the wrong place for it . I have not figured that part out yet . But i think i am getting closer to it .
we are one as far as the team we support , we come here to support that said team . Lets you and i be the biggest of men , and let this ride . Cool ? I ain't backin down , but i don't want you to go down also . :tt02: :tt02: :tt02: :tt02: :tt02: :tt02: :tt02:

billybob
05-24-2009, 05:10 PM

I have to say one more thing private , i never have one time in all my posts , ever bolded letters , or any portion of my posts , because i am too dumb to know how to do that . That my friend , is where i caught you in a lie .

triphahn
05-24-2009, 05:34 PM
I am sorry to all. This is the last post I will make on this subject and will let it drop. It's freakin ridiculous that we have to even be involved in an arguement with another teams fan on this site. The only reason this has gone so far is because he is a browns fan. I can go on MSN Sports and get involved in an arguement with fans from all teams. This is steelers fever. I love this site. I am humbled by the knowledge of some of the users on this site. I have been largely uninvolved in this arguement. But this damn browns fan won't let it rest. Its BS that we have to take this. And I am sure he will come back with crap after I post this but as I said I am out of this and again sorry about the bickering.

xfl2001fan
05-24-2009, 05:37 PM
I have to say one more thing private , i never have one time in all my posts , ever bolded letters , or any portion of my posts , because i am too dumb to know how to do that . That my friend , is where i caught you in a lie .

Yeah, my bad, I should have said the part of your post that I bolded (when I quoted you). Verbage issue. I wouldn't call you dumb, I'd say you were ignorant.

billybob
05-24-2009, 05:50 PM
I am sorry to all. This is the last post I will make on this subject and will let it drop. It's freakin ridiculous that we have to even be involved in an arguement with another teams fan on this site. The only reason this has gone so far is because he is a browns fan. I can go on MSN Sports and get involved in an arguement with fans from all teams. This is steelers fever. I love this site. I am humbled by the knowledge of some of the users on this site. I have been largely uninvolved in this arguement. But this damn browns fan won't let it rest. Its BS that we have to take this. And I am sure he will come back with crap after I post this but as I said I am out of this and again sorry about the bickering.

You can't just leave after making a valid point dude . I have very few friends on this site , and i am extremely impressed at the support that you seemed to show towards the same views . I made a lot of enemies last pre-season , by saying that the o-line was well enough to handle what layed ahead . I named them the MACH 5 , and now they are proud wearers of a Superbowl ring . I think they have the potential to have at least one more . People don't agree with that , and think we should change up the whole o-line . Well my loyalties are well seated , and placed , and that is what this thread was created for . Don't go because of what some ignorant , non - steeler fan has to say . Come on man .......keep your ass here .

triphahn
05-24-2009, 06:22 PM
You can't just leave after making a valid point dude . I have very few friends on this site , and i am extremely impressed at the support that you seemed to show towards the same views . I made a lot of enemies last pre-season , by saying that the o-line was well enough to handle what layed ahead . I named them the MACH 5 , and now they are proud wearers of a Superbowl ring . I think they have the potential to have at least one more . People don't agree with that , and think we should change up the whole o-line . Well my loyalties are well seated , and placed , and that is what this thread was created for . Don't go because of what some ignorant , non - steeler fan has to say . Come on man .......keep your ass here .

All right. You talked me into it. That calling you ignorant couple posts back helped too. What a douche nozzle that guy is. We should thank him and his loser team. The browns and bengals in our division pretty much gives us 4 wins a year. But seriously he's just on here now trying to start shit and we should not have to take.

That was you with the MACH 5 thing. They did win the superbowl with them. Think a lot of it was trying to find themselves after Faneca left. Fight the good fight man.

xfl2001fan
05-24-2009, 06:24 PM
Ignorant? I like this. Ignorance is a lack of knowledge. What exactly am I lacking? Enlighten me. You perceive me in a bad light because I'm a Browns fan. My loyalty to my team shouldn't be an issue. It doesn't make me less than you in any way shape or form. So don't go there.

tripahn is right about one thing, my being a Browns fan is the only real issue here. If I was a Steelers fan, the conversation directed at me wouldn't have been nearly as harsh...and this would have likely been a non issue many posts ago.

Sorry that you can't handle the fact that I'm a (generally) well-respected Browns fan on this site. I'm not going anywhere guys. Don't like it, quit posting about me and I promise, I'll quit posting at you.

billybob
05-24-2009, 06:33 PM
All right. You talked me into it. That calling you ignorant couple posts back helped too. What a douche nozzle that guy is. We should thank him and his loser team. The browns and bengals in our division pretty much gives us 4 wins a year. But seriously he's just on here now trying to start shit and we should not have to take.

That was you with the MACH 5 thing. They did win the superbowl with them. Think a lot of it was trying to find themselves after Faneca left. Fight the good fight man.

thanks bro for having fortitude , on you're own teams site . I left you a message and hope we can chat , leave me a # . I will call ya within the hour . It's one thing to bash somebody on their site , but when they bash ya on you're own , and its accepted , it becomes somewhat hard to swallow . Yeah that was me with the Mach 5 thing , was i wrong ?

triphahn
05-24-2009, 06:53 PM
thanks bro for having fortitude , on you're own teams site . I left you a message and hope we can chat , leave me a # . I will call ya within the hour . It's one thing to bash somebody on their site , but when they bash ya on you're own , and its accepted , it becomes somewhat hard to swallow . Yeah that was me with the Mach 5 thing , was i wrong ?

No one likes to see your franchise QB taking so many hits. But they did get some continuity towards the end of the season and the Steelers went 17-4 which can't be all bad. I think we are going to see Tony Hills this year too. I am heading to dinner. I will catch you tomorrow. Don't take no shit from no browns fan.

billybob
05-24-2009, 07:00 PM
Ignorant? I like this. Ignorance is a lack of knowledge. What exactly am I lacking? Enlighten me. You perceive me in a bad light because I'm a Browns fan. My loyalty to my team shouldn't be an issue. It doesn't make me less than you in any way shape or form. So don't go there.

tripahn is right about one thing, my being a Browns fan is the only real issue here. If I was a Steelers fan, the conversation directed at me wouldn't have been nearly as harsh...and this would have likely been a non issue many posts ago.

Sorry that you can't handle the fact that I'm a (generally) well-respected Browns fan on this site. I'm not going anywhere guys. Don't like it, quit posting about me and I promise, I'll quit posting at you.

Like i said earlier , merit for guts , minus one for stupidity . If i can't fight ya on my own turf , i wll take it to yours . Unless this is your turf . You need a laser guided bomb pointed in direct coordinates to your small pea - sized brain . It would be such a shame to waste such a big , proven weapon on such a small target . In this case , i think it would be worth it .Now that would be ignorant .

billybob
05-24-2009, 07:09 PM
No one likes to see your franchise QB taking so many hits. But they did get some continuity towards the end of the season and the Steelers went 17-4 which can't be all bad. I think we are going to see Tony Hills this year too. I am heading to dinner. I will catch you tomorrow. Don't take no shit from no browns fan.

Are you allowed to say that dude ? You better be careful . Eat some brussel sprouts for me . Ben causes some of that on his own . He has got to make that big play . What line is going to follow him around and back him up for that amount of time ? Ben is a special quarterback and he needs a special o-line . The mach 5 is up to the task , i would bet money on it .

xfl2001fan
05-24-2009, 07:20 PM
Like i said earlier , merit for guts , minus one for stupidity . If i can't fight ya on my own terf , i wll take it to yours . Unless this is your terf . You need a laser guided bomb pointed in direct coordinates to your small pea - sized brain . It would be such a shame to waste such a big , proven weapon on such a small target . In this case , i think it would be worth it .Now that would be ignorant .

Saying this isn't my turf because I'm a Browns fan is small scale "separate but equal BS."

If the job I am applying for in Indy was instead in Pittsburgh, I'd still move and fly my Orange and Brown colors. My home would still be my home and it wouldn't matter one iota that I'm a Browns fan, because it would be my turf.

You not seeing past my fanhood, my choice of team, is blatant stupidity on your part. I have every right to be here and post here, same as you. If you don't like that I've made a home in "Pittsburgh" territory, leave. Because until the Mods tell me to leave, I'm staying.

billybob
05-24-2009, 07:49 PM
Saying this isn't my turf because I'm a Browns fan is small scale "separate but equal BS."

If the job I am applying for in Indy was instead in Pittsburgh, I'd still move and fly my Orange and Brown colors. My home would still be my home and it wouldn't matter one iota that I'm a Browns fan, because it would be my turf.

You not seeing past my fanhood, my choice of team, is blatant stupidity on your part. I have every right to be here and post here, same as you. If you don't like that I've made a home in "Pittsburgh" territory, leave. Because until the Mods tell me to leave, I'm staying.

Dude , you keep talking about ignorance , i would never leave because of some Browns fan that obviously has some type of brain damage , or some other undiagnosed brain disorder . Or that has kinship to the mods . Who do you take me for , Tim Lumber ? Your fanhood has no meaning whatsoever to me . None ! Zilch ! Much like the Superbowl wins you have accumulated . NADA ! You seem to have placed a target on my back for some reason , well thats fine . Now all ya have to do is hit it . Make sure you bring your night vision , and sgm's with ya too . You will need every weapon at your disposal to , not only take me out , but the team that i stand behind . You freak on an enemy site !!!!

Texasteel
05-24-2009, 08:17 PM
Dude , you keep talking about ignorance , i would never leave because of some Browns fan that obviously has some type of brain damage , or some other undiagnosed brain disorder . Or that has kinship to the mods . Who do you take me for , Tim Lumber ? Your fanhood has no meaning whatsoever to me . None ! Zilch ! Much like the Superbowl wins you have accumulated . NADA ! You seem to have placed a target on my back for some reason , well thats fine . Now all ya have to do is hit it . Make sure you bring your night vision , and sgm's with ya too . You will need every weapon at your disposal to , not only take me out , but the team that i stand behind . You freak on an enemy site !!!!

Back off the Mods billy, these 2 work very hard to to keep this place you say you like so much up and running. Most of the time without even a thank you. They are also IMO very fair and usually too patient with most of us.

Before you call me a lier, I did make that sentence bold so you could see what I was talking about.

billybob
05-24-2009, 08:24 PM
Did we prove yet what loyalty is? I can keep going . I actually am gearing up now , packin for the long haul . I don't take my pack off at every stop . I find it easier that way .What part of the BROWNS SUCKS , did ya not quite hear yet ? You are either deaf , blind , or dumb . Maybe all , and in which case i have no sympathy for you . You robustly bolded lines in my posts that was not authorized by me . Therefore you are not blind . As for the deaf and dumb part , that is still debatable . Some Cleveland Browns fans are respectable , and carry themselves in such a mannor . I am here to inform you that you are one of the ones who are not . If the site likes ya , then thats fine . My opinions may or may not reflect the same as the sites . I do know that this site is " STEELERS FEVER " not Browns hard luck . If you don't like me , tell me that .We can work from that point . I will never run from a Browns fan , and i will never ,ever hide either. I would be the one that was crazy , if i did that . Lay down your arms , and i will do the same . Maybe we can come up with some type of peace treaty or something . But i doubt it . Browns fans speakem with forked toungue .

billybob
05-24-2009, 08:29 PM
Back off the Mods billy, these 2 work very hard to to keep this place you say you like so much up and running. Most of the time without even a thank you. They are also IMO very fair and usually too patient with most of us.

Before you call me a lier, I did make that sentence bold so you could see what I was talking about.

I like the mods here , but he keeps using them for his coup de gras .

MACH1
05-24-2009, 08:40 PM
This thread is about as dumb as the name you gave the line.

Isn't it about time to lock this thing down yet and let it sink out of sight?

billybob
05-24-2009, 08:42 PM

Why of all the nerve .

billybob
05-24-2009, 08:44 PM

Now that was rude .Go hunt a wild fire , or hunt some elk or something . Sheez .

billybob
05-24-2009, 08:48 PM

Yeah , but it isn't as dumb as the name you gave yourself . Mach 1 . Mach 5 gotta superbowl win . Why do you read a thread that is so dumb anyway ?:noidea:

MACH1
05-24-2009, 08:54 PM
Yeah , but it isn't as dumb as the name you gave yourself . Mach 1 . Mach 5 gotta superbowl win . Why do you read a thread that is so dumb anyway ?:noidea:

Timmybob,

Mach1 = real. I own one.

Mach5 = fictional, not real. Made up cartoon. + dumb ass name

billybob
05-24-2009, 09:16 PM
I guess loyalty is dumb . I should never have broached the subject . It has nothing to do with sports , or life in general . Guess i will be banned for my belief in such a long lost part of civilization . Sometimes i wonder if it is really me that is the stupid one .You surely can not call someone else stupid , therefore all signs point to me as the stupid one . There should not be any such thing as loyalty . It is dumb to even begin to think that way . The Steelers have taught me a lot , following them the way i have. Some have made sacrifices that brought loyalty to my mind , that shame is on me for even thinking that way . You think about it MACH 1 , and what loyalty means to you . Without loyalty to someone , or something , what is your purpose in life ? Ask yourself that question , and then tell me how stupid this thread is . You may find a part of yourself , that you never even knew existed . Now that is stupid !

billybob
05-24-2009, 09:17 PM
Timmybob,

Mach1 = real. I own one.

Is it a yellow boss 302 ?

billybob
05-24-2009, 09:25 PM
Timmybob,

Mach1 = real. I own one.

the mach 5 is real now . what was your name for them ? You could probably not even run down an olds 442 cutless

HometownGal
05-24-2009, 09:25 PM

Personally, I think you need to MYOB. Everyone who posts here - no matter what team holds their loyalties - is a MEMBER, not a "guest".

MACH1
05-24-2009, 09:27 PM
the mach 5 is real now . what was your name for them ? You could probably not even run down an olds 442 cutless

:rofl::rofl:

Eat them for breakfast.

MACH1
05-24-2009, 09:31 PM
Is it a yellow boss 302 ?

No. Its orange and black.

http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w11/bcrab/Mach1.jpg?t=1226433575

HometownGal
05-24-2009, 09:34 PM
OK folks - I'm giving this thread the lethal injection, as it turned into an all out flame fest.