PDA

View Full Version : Ever had a "spinal" headache

hindes204
05-24-2009, 07:39 PM
If not....you dont want one. i just spent the last week in and out of the ER due to a spinal headache brought on by getting a spinal tap. Worst pain ive ever felt in my entire life...it lasted almost five days and took two separate blood patches to fix. Moral of the story: Dont EVER agree to a spinal tap unless the doctors truly believe it is absolutely necessary

HometownGal
05-24-2009, 08:01 PM
If not....you dont want one. i just spent the last week in and out of the ER due to a spinal headache brought on by getting a spinal tap. Worst pain ive ever felt in my entire life...it lasted almost five days and took two separate blood patches to fix. Moral of the story: Dont EVER agree to a spinal tap unless the doctors truly believe it is absolutely necessary

Yep - I've had two of those ferocious spinal headaches in my life - both happened after I had "spinals" for my C-sections. OMG - worse headaches I've ever experienced!! :horror: I'm so sorry you had to deal with that and hope you are feeling better. :hug:

hindes204
05-24-2009, 09:03 PM
thanks....yea, the doc said it happens alot with baby delivery because of the epidural.....i cant imagine going thru that twice, i cant even think about that amount of pain ever again, ive never felt anything like that before

fansince'76
05-24-2009, 09:33 PM
Never had a spinal tap or a spinal headache, fortunately, and I definitely don't want either. Glad you're feeling better. :drink:

steelwall
05-24-2009, 11:02 PM
I've been shot 2 times...once I was grazed on my right side (not serious more of a burn, and a good story) and I had a bullet go through my calf (that one smarted a bit).....but NOTHING compaired to the pain of pancreatitus..

I never thought I would ever be in so much pain Id rather be dead but that was one time I did.....

Edit:

Imagine someone with about a 6 inch rusty, dull steak knife stuck in your breadbasket....while twisting it...then you will have an inkling of what it feels like.

MACH1
05-24-2009, 11:13 PM
I've been shot 2 times...once I was grazed on my right side (not serious more of a burn, and a good story) and I had a bullet go through my calf (that one smarted a bit).....but NOTHING compaired to the pain of pancreatitus..

I never thought I would ever be in so much pain Id rather be dead but that was one time I did.....

Edit:

Imagine someone with about a 6 inch rusty, dull steak knife stuck in your breadbasket....while twisting it...then you will have an inkling of what it feels like.

My appendix ruptured when I was younger. I think that's pretty close. Only way too explain it, it feels like you've been gut shot.

Never had a spinal headache though.

Preacher
05-24-2009, 11:56 PM
Never had a spinal tap or a spinal headache, fortunately, and I definitely don't want either. Glad you're feeling better. :drink:

Neither have I, nor a c-section :chuckle:

Vincent
05-25-2009, 06:24 AM
My appendix ruptured when I was younger. I think that's pretty close. Only way too explain it, it feels like you've been gut shot.

Ah, the memories. Mine ruptured one night when I was 15. Didn't realize what it was, just that I thought I was deathly ill. 24 hours later when my temp had gone to 104, my parents thought it might be a good idea to visit the doctor. The doctor had me rushed to the ER. Problem was that a nearby factory had exploded that night and the ORs were backed up for hours. By the time they opened me I was over 107 and Peritonitis had set in.

Speaking of passing through hell...

A month in isolation with daily removal of dead tissue. Unbelievable pain. I'll spare the details.

xfl2001fan
05-25-2009, 07:42 AM

Same...but I complain about my uterus hurting every time the wife gets pregnant. :laughing:

The nurses/docs love having me around.

Galax Steeler
05-25-2009, 08:30 AM

Preacher there is something definetly wrong with you if you have had a c-section.:toofunny:

MACH1
05-25-2009, 10:51 AM
Ah, the memories. Mine ruptured one night when I was 15. Didn't realize what it was, just that I thought I was deathly ill. 24 hours later when my temp had gone to 104, my parents thought it might be a good idea to visit the doctor. The doctor had me rushed to the ER. Problem was that a nearby factory had exploded that night and the ORs were backed up for hours. By the time they opened me I was over 107 and Peritonitis had set in.

Speaking of passing through hell...

A month in isolation with daily removal of dead tissue. Unbelievable pain. I'll spare the details.

Yep, been there done that. When the docs flayed me open, emergency surgery, they found a small hole my stomach and whatever was left in there leaked out. Personally I think they nicked it going in. Can't imagine that much of anything was left, only been puking(dry heaving) for a while. After I woke up I had a tube sticking out of my gut for drainage, and they didn't stitch me up. They taped me up, just in case they had to go back in. But yeah it was 4-6 weeks of hell in the hospital. So now I have a big ugly scar 7"-8" inches long right down the middle of my stomach. Who needs a belly button anyway. :doh:

lamberts-lost-tooth
05-26-2009, 03:30 PM
Tore the cartlidge in my right knee during a football game (I turned to my left but the knee didnt) . Apparantly it was only "half-tore" and locked my knee up solid in a bent position...but an Assistant Coach who thought he was a physical trainer, grabbed it and "straightened" it out for me. Effectively ripping the cartlidge the rest of way.

Pain beyond explanation.

HometownGal
05-26-2009, 03:34 PM
Preacher there is something definetly wrong with you.

There - fixed that for ya! :drink::chuckle:

lamberts-lost-tooth
05-26-2009, 03:37 PM
There - fixed that for ya! :drink::chuckle:

:laughing:

xfl2001fan
05-26-2009, 05:13 PM
True story,

Right after our recent baby was born, they were pushing on the wife's belly to try and work the placenta out.

She said it was painful and I was too close to the bedside when I told her to suck it up and get over it. She hit me in the thigh (fortunately, I tend to move faster than my mouth) and the nurses just glared at me. I laughed it off and she did too after a second. She reacted pretty fast herself.

It didn't actually hurt, except for my sides when I told my mom afterwards on the phone (I was laughing pretty hard about it.)

beSteelmyheart
05-27-2009, 03:05 PM
Thankfully I haven't had the joy of any serious medical emergencies but I've had a few horrendous toothaches in my life & never knew any pain that could be greater than that.( And I hope I never find out)