PDA

View Full Version : A new "Terminator" movie?

SteelersMongol
05-25-2009, 12:00 AM
I just found out they're making another Terminator.

<object width="560" height="340"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/OIjiKj-sOp8&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/OIjiKj-sOp8&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>

:thumbsup: But they're saying they've used robots in this 1. How cool is that?

<script src="http://i.cdn.turner.com/cnn/.element/js/2.0/video/evp/module.js?loc=int&vid=/video/showbiz/2009/05/20/the.scene.terminator.salvation.cnn" type="text/javascript"></script><noscript>Embedded video from <a href="http://www.cnn.com/video">CNN Video</a></noscript>

http://edition.cnn.com/2009/SHOWBIZ/Movies/05/22/the.scene.terminator.salvation/index.html?iref=werecommend

lilyoder6
05-25-2009, 12:16 AM
sry to burst ur bubble.. but the movie came out this past thursday in the US

steelwall
05-25-2009, 12:36 AM
I heard it sucked to high heaven....

lilyoder6
05-25-2009, 12:46 AM
i heard it was good.. and it made some good money on a busy weekend with other movies showing

GBMelBlount
05-25-2009, 07:00 AM
I heard it sucked to high heaven....

I hope not. My wife and I planning on going to see it. :thumbsup:

T.Richardson
05-25-2009, 11:00 AM
I saw it this weekend, It was pretty good, there was a surprise appearance by Arnold Swarmajigger.

pittsburghp8baller
05-25-2009, 11:19 AM
yea i liked it a lot. weird to say, but it was my favorite of the series but not the best of them. The first two will always be classics but this one stands alone based on the fact that it is post judgement day.

stillers4me
05-25-2009, 11:22 AM
Did it have anything to do with the TV show or did it continue on from the movies?

pittsburghp8baller
05-25-2009, 11:41 AM
Did it have anything to do with the TV show or did it continue on from the movies?

continues from the movies.

they cancelled the TV show which pissed me off

nojobny
05-25-2009, 03:51 PM
I saw it this weekend, It was pretty good, there was a surprise appearance by Arnold Swarmajigger.

Well not anymore.. thanks for the spoiler. :mad:

JEFF4i
05-25-2009, 04:10 PM
I just got home from it, LOVED IT!

revefsreleets
05-25-2009, 04:20 PM
I saw Angels & Demons and Star Trek this weekend, but this up next.

This is the Terminator movie I've been waiting for since 1985. It SHOULD have been #2. I'm pretty sure I'll love it...

pittsburghp8baller
05-25-2009, 04:45 PM
I saw Angels & Demons and Star Trek this weekend, but this up next.

This is the Terminator movie I've been waiting for since 1985. It SHOULD have been #2. I'm pretty sure I'll love it...

if the #2 was about post judgement day we wouldnt of gotten the classic that was T2 (which i thought was the BEST, but Salvation is my favorite now)

i dont think Cameron ever planned on letting it go this far but with how big of a following the series got it was only a matter of time they did it with or without Cameron. The idea of showing a whole movie based on a world where 3 billion people wasnt what he wanted. His message of the first two was 'No fate but what we make' was smashed by T3 and now this one.

And for those who havent seen it, pay close attention- there are quite a bit of references from the first 2, and not just quotes

Borski
05-26-2009, 12:45 AM
I hear some people saying it sucked, but I don't understand it, I think this movie was awesome! I'd like to see a sequel that shows how they go back in time

steelwall
05-26-2009, 01:07 AM
I just heard it sucked from a guy I know...with all the comments I better go check this out....ahhhmmmmm download from Chinese website....

lilyoder6
05-26-2009, 01:11 AM

haha.. it wasn't rly a suprise.. it was in the news. that they were going to but a young arnold's face on someone..

what computer's can do today

SteelersMongol
05-26-2009, 01:44 AM

:toofunny: U 2 R so funny. :laughing:

Hammer67
05-26-2009, 07:29 AM
People still go to the movies?? Wow...that's news to me! I haven't been to a theater since Blu Ray came out!

GBMelBlount
05-26-2009, 08:36 AM
People still go to the movies?? Wow...that's news to me! I haven't been to a theater since Blu Ray came out!

LOL.

We have a 65" HD Television & monster surround system(s) - (Bose Acoustimass & Definitive technology / Boston Acoustics) - but until I get my hi-def 1080 projector I will continue to occasionally go to a theater for a movie like this!

I am psyched! :drink:

SteelersMongol
05-27-2009, 10:30 AM

Yeah, we got those Blue-Ray DVD s here. But 2 me going 2 the theaters is lot more fun than watch movies at home. Specially if those movies R in English. Reminds me of my youth days in the states when I was dating with my wife. :wink02:

revefsreleets
06-02-2009, 01:23 PM
Overall, I thought it was good. Rumor has it that 5 will be Connor coming back in time to 2011 and a bunch of machines coming back to fight him, but I hate that idea. Been there, done that. Keep it in the future, and get to the night fighting like we saw in T1 already!

I think this flick is underrated. If you liked the first Terminators, you'll like this, although it's different enough to stand on it's own, it's still obviously a Terminator movie and there are enough cues to keep you on track with that Universe.

Indo
06-05-2009, 06:37 PM
I haven't seen it yet, but it occurs to me that it would be exceedingly cool if someone in, like, 2025 could send a Terminator back and frag TIMMAH's @ss we would all be the better for it

GBMelBlount
06-07-2009, 10:41 AM
Today is the day! My wife & I are going to see it this afternoon!

We faithfully watched the Sarah Connor Chronicles series on TV and needless to say we're both sad to see it cancelled....

Vincent
06-07-2009, 01:37 PM
We saw it on Friday. Good story line. Brings the franchise back into line after T3. They can build on this for some more. Ditto to all the other positive comments. Rating - I'll buy it when it comes out.

It does occur that if the Skynet "hybrid" technology were to be, we might have seen the future of professional sports, and certainly the military. :shake01::borg::yikes:

The Duke
06-07-2009, 05:03 PM
Today is the day! My wife & I are going to see it this afternoon!

We faithfully watched the Sarah Connor Chronicles series on TV and needless to say we're both sad to see it cancelled....

I've been wanting to watch it. sucks that it got cancelled though. maybe I'll get the dvd, IF it's released....

as for T4- awesome :thumbsup:

GBMelBlount
06-07-2009, 05:37 PM
Yep, just got back from my date. :chuckle:

We both liked it a lot. I give it an 8.5 out of 10. I thought Christian Bale was good. We also watched him in 3:10 to Yuma the other night & thought he was excellent. I didn't think he was that great in the Batman flick though.

Up to a Mexican joint in Peters Twp for some awesome wings afterwards, so all in all a good day. :thumbsup:

revefsreleets
06-08-2009, 09:04 AM
DVR malfunctioned and missed the last two episodes of Sarah Connor Chronicles.

GBMelBlount
06-08-2009, 09:12 AM
DVR malfunctioned and missed the last two episodes of Sarah Connor Chronicles.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! :chuckle:

revefsreleets
06-08-2009, 09:30 AM
I'm sure it didn't really answer any questions anyway...all the shows I like get cancelled, and they very rarely ever offer closure.

Life on Mars was a pleasant exception...

GBMelBlount
06-08-2009, 09:54 AM
I know. We really liked "Life on Mars" as well....

That's why I often enjoy the sit coms like Two & a half men or Gary Unmarried. They're funny, lighthearted and you don't have to worry about missing much if they "pull the plug".