PDA

View Full Version : Mike Tyson's Daughter Dies In Tragic Accident

HometownGal
05-26-2009, 07:55 PM
What a heartbreaking and tragic story. Thoughts and prayers out to the Tyson family. :tombstone: little angel.

http://sports.espn.go.com/sports/boxing/news/story?id=4207704

Exodus Tyson dies from injuries

PHOENIX -- The 4-year-old daughter of boxer Mike Tyson died at a hospital Tuesday, a day her neck apparently got caught in a treadmill cord at her Phoenix home, police said.

Exodus Tyson was pronounced dead just before noon, police Sgt. Andy Hill said. She had been on life support and police have said their investigation showed her injury on Monday was a "tragic accident."

"There are no words to describe the tragic loss of our beloved Exodus," the family said in a statement. "We ask you now to please respect our need at this very difficult time for privacy to grieve and try to help each other heal."

Police said Exodus either slipped or put her head in the loop of a cord hanging under the console. Her 7-year-old brother found her and told their mother. She took Exodus off the cord, called 911 and tried to revive her.

Responding officers and firefighters performed CPR as they took the girl to the hospital.

Former heavyweight champion Tyson was in Las Vegas at the time of the accident and flew Monday to Phoenix, where he was seen entering the hospital.

Tyson spokeswoman Cynthia Schwartz said the family had not arranged a funeral yet.

steelwall
05-26-2009, 08:01 PM
That is soooooo aweful... I havent been a big fan of Mike but god bless him and his family, what a terrible thing to happen.

Edman
05-26-2009, 08:14 PM
Mike Tyson has made plenty of mistakes, but nobody deserves for this to happen to them. What a horrible accident. Just another chapter in the Tragic Life of Mr. Tyson.

TheWarDen86
05-26-2009, 08:39 PM
I never imagined myself feeling bad for Mike Tyson until now. R.I.P. Little Exodus.

stlrtruck
05-26-2009, 10:18 PM
Prayers for Mike and his family.

fansince'76
05-26-2009, 10:26 PM
Geez, that's horrible. Prayers to the family. :tombstone

LambertIsGod58
05-28-2009, 04:44 AM
I wouldn't wish the death of a child on my worst enemy. I just can't imagine what the family must be going through. Mike has made alot of mistakes, but at one time he was the baddest man on the planet.

Galax Steeler
05-28-2009, 04:54 AM
Thoughts and prayers for the family.

I_Bleed_Black_And_Gold
05-29-2009, 04:34 AM
Wow! Like others have said I never thought I would feel sorry for Mike Tyson, but this is truly tragic. Scariest part is this is something that could happen to any family.

CanadianSteel
05-29-2009, 09:26 AM
Mike seeemd to be turning the corner with all his personal demons lately and now this.
Wow God Bless him & the family in this troubled time.