PDA

View Full Version : Marcus Washington???

Blackvette
05-27-2009, 12:43 PM
The Steelers had interest in Washington a few years ago before he signed with the Pigskins....why not have him come in to provide depth?

Do you think the Steelers are one of the "6" teams???

Free agent LB Marcus Washington is "intent" on continuing his playing career.

The 31-year-old already rejected a one-year, minimum offer from the Skins, who've since moved on with Brian Orakpo on the strong side. Washington claims he's received interest from six teams, but he's gotten no other offers.

- Washington Post

ShutDown24
05-27-2009, 01:00 PM
I would really like having Washington around. I've always thought he was an excellent player. If he could play in the middle then I would say absolutely bring him in for the right price. However, if five other teams are supposedly going after him the price might be a little too high for my liking.

LVSteelersfan
05-27-2009, 01:15 PM
There are so many bodies in camp right now competing for spots. I doubt they bring in any player who is going to want a big contract. If he comes cheap, who knows but I doubt it. The Steelers don't typically do much in the FA market.

xfl2001fan
05-27-2009, 01:37 PM
Legit question, but I doubt it.

You tend to let these guys go about this age...and you certainly aren't lacking for a lot of depth in the LB department.

steelreserve
05-27-2009, 02:52 PM
I dunno ... if we were trying to pick up a cheap veteran backup for depth to replace Foote, I'd personally rather have taken Napoleon Harris. I wonder if that ever went anywhere. Judging from the time that's passed, probably not.

BlastFurnace
05-27-2009, 04:19 PM
They need depth on the inside. I'd pass on him.

St33lersguy
05-27-2009, 05:17 PM
For a low price why not

Burghfan58
05-27-2009, 06:27 PM
I doubt it. He had his chance a few years ago. He took Dannyboys money and ran to the Skins in 04. He should of signed with the Black and Gold. He'd be wearing a couple of rings.

Cheppy
05-27-2009, 10:49 PM
Washington ain't coming here.

As for as the linebacking unit goes, one of my biggest questions going into this year is whether or not Keyaron Fox will be able to handle being the 3rd inside linebacker. His play on special teams has been huge for us but his role this coming season will be more crucial than ever.

Galax Steeler
05-28-2009, 03:32 AM
I don't see him comming to the balck and gold either. He will make more money some where else.