PDA

View Full Version : N. Korea threatens war - again.

Fire Haley
05-27-2009, 01:44 PM
N. Korea threatens to attack US, S. Korea warships
By HYUNG-JIN KIM

SEOUL, South Korea (AP) — North Korea threatened military action Wednesday against U.S. and South Korean warships plying the waters near the Koreas' disputed maritime border, raising the specter of a naval clash just days after the regime's underground nuclear test.

Pyongyang, reacting angrily to Seoul's decision to join an international program to intercept ships suspected of aiding nuclear proliferation, called the move tantamount to a declaration of war.

"Now that the South Korean puppets were so ridiculous as to join in the said racket and dare declare a war against compatriots," North Korea is "compelled to take a decisive measure," the Committee for the Peaceful Reunification of Korea said in a statement carried by state media.

The North Korean army called it a violation of the armistice the two Koreas signed in 1953 to end their three-year war, and said it would no longer honor the treaty.

South Korea's military said Wednesday it was prepared to "respond sternly" to any North Korean provocation.

"It is a laughable delusion for the United States to think that it can get us to kneel with sanctions," it said in an editorial. "We've been living under U.S. sanctions for decades, but have firmly safeguarded our ideology and system while moving our achievements forward. The U.S. sanctions policy toward North Korea is like striking a rock with a rotten egg."

http://www.google.com/hostednews/ap/article/ALeqM5iURO8fOyWVOA0ytFlaAGuC9F7R9wD98EMMPO0

xfl2001fan
05-27-2009, 01:59 PM
The U.S. sanctions policy toward North Korea is like striking a rock with a rotten egg."

If this were about any other country...if this wasn't such a serious threat, this would be hilarious because of it's truth.

UN: We shall sanction you and warn you if you don't change.
NKorea: So
US: Let us wipe them off the map
UN: No, they will be sanctioned and warned. Stay back US, you interfere too much
NKorea: <snickers>
US: Fine, we'll stand by
UN: Korea, will you change your policy, will you back off
NKorea: No you are retarded.
UN: You have been sanctioned and warned. If you continue, we will sanction and warn you again.
US: <to themselves>Let's send ships into the area <we do>
SKorea We'll help you US, you have saved our butts for years
US:Thanks. NKOREA, we shall continue to patrol stopping potential radioactive pirates away
NKorea: SKOREA, this means war. US, screw you
UN: You will be sanctioned again and warned again. We don't tire of this.

TheWarDen86
05-27-2009, 02:18 PM
If this were about any other country...if this wasn't such a serious threat, this would be hilarious because of it's truth.

UN: We shall sanction you and warn you if you don't change.
NKorea: So
US: Let us wipe them off the map
UN: No, they will be sanctioned and warned. Stay back US, you interfere too much
US: Fine, we'll stand by
UN: Korea, will you change your policy, will you back off
NKorea: No you are retarded.
UN: You have been sanctioned and warned. If you continue, we will sanction and warn you again.
US: <to themselves>Let's send ships into the area <we do>
SKorea We'll help you US, you have saved our butts for years
US:Thanks. NKOREA, we shall continue to patrol stopping potential radioactive pirates away
NKorea: SKOREA, this means war. US, screw you
UN: You will be sanctioned again and warned again. We don't tire of this.

Yep. Sad but true.

I just don't understand why we don't start assassinating people. No armies or build ups. Just snipers and hitmen.

Vincent
05-27-2009, 02:25 PM
Message to UN - Go sanction yourselves.

What's the solution here? We have an administration and congress predisposed to "talking to our enemies" and disarmament. How do that bunch have meaningful dialog with genocidal (3.5M and counting) lunatics intend upon convincing the world they don't have little pee-pees?

Do you think we'd launch if they launched on us?

They'll do it at some point. Any nation that murders masses of its own citizens has no issue murdering the citizens of other countries.

I just don't understand why we don't start assassinating people. No armies or build ups. Just snipers and hitmen.

I entirely agree. Half the wars in history (OK, probably all of them), and the associated horrors could have been avoided by simply blowing up the @$$holes that started them - name yer despot.

This country doesn't have the stomach to waterboard known leaders of terror schemes, much less dispose of threats to all mankind.

MACH1
05-27-2009, 02:33 PM
Message to UN - Go sanction yourselves.

What's the solution here? We have an administration and congress predisposed to "talking to our enemies" and disarmament. How do that bunch have meaningful dialog with genocidal (3.5M and counting) lunatics intend upon convincing the world they don't have little pee-pees?

Do you think we'd launch if they launched on us?

They'll do it at some point. Any nation that murders masses of its own citizens has no issue murdering the citizens of other countries.

I entirely agree. Half the wars in history (OK, probably all of them), and the associated horrors could have been avoided by simply blowing up the @$$holes that started them - name yer despot.

This country doesn't have the stomach to waterboard known leaders of terror schemes, much less dispose of threats to all mankind.

Its hard to tell what our spineless leader will do. Probly invite them for a cup of tea and give them an ipod full of videos of himself.

Fire Haley
05-27-2009, 02:37 PM
China has been propping Dear Leader up for decades - let them take him out.

But they won't as long it's profitable for them to keep their puppet in place.

China debates its bond with North Korea

The longtime ties between the communist regimes are enduring some questioning among Chinese, who were rattled by the nuclear test near their border.

The relationship between North Korea and China is a product of history and geography. The 850-mile border with China is North Korea's main connection to the outside world -- given that the DMZ bordering South Korea is as fortified as ever. Virtually all flights in and out of North Korea pass through China.

Even as North Korea has tested nuclear weapons, test-fired missiles and generally made a nuisance of itself in the neighborhood, Beijing has supplied its old ally with goods varying from fuel to fertilizer, corn to cosmetics, shoes, clothing and electronics. Chinese exports to North Korea last year amounted to $2 billion.

http://www.latimes.com/news/nationworld/nation/la-fg-china-korea27-2009may27,0,4005894.story

Fire Haley
05-27-2009, 02:54 PM
Its hard to tell what our spineless leader will do..

How about - nothing - Barry says the situation is not worthy of his attention.

WASHINGTON (AP) - The White House says North Korea's threats against South Korea will not give it the attention Pyongyang wants and will only add to its isolation.

White House spokesman Robert Gibbs said Wednesday that North Korea should live up to its promises and stop its provocations against the South.

http://www.breitbart.com/article.php?id=D98EO06O3&show_article=1&catnum=0

Vincent
05-27-2009, 02:59 PM

He's baiting them. He's dying to put them on time out.

Fire Haley
05-27-2009, 03:14 PM
I suppose it will take them sinking a S. Korean ship to get his attention.

Then - more harsh words, possibly a memo.

BIGBENFASTWILLIE
05-27-2009, 03:24 PM
North Korea is not able to fight a war... They could hardly feed their own people...
I say we drop some bombs on them and kill off a buch of the mo'foes

SCSTILLER
05-27-2009, 03:33 PM

WASHINGTON (AP) - The White House says North Korea's threats against South Korea will not give it the attention Pyongyang wants and will only add to its isolation.

White House spokesman Robert Gibbs said Wednesday that North Korea should live up to its promises and stop its provocations against the South.

http://www.breitbart.com/article.php?id=D98EO06O3&show_article=1&catnum=0

:tap: Ummm, when was the last time the North Koreans actually held up to their end of the bargain?

When will the UN get a clue that this tiny little man of a leader in North Korea is going to do what he wants when he wants. He doesn't care about us ignoring him, the UN putting sanctions on him, or anything else. How much are we going to let him get away with? Correct me if I am wrong, but didn't a missile awhile ago fired by the North Koreans fly over Japan. What do we have to wait for, the next missile to land in Japan with a nuke on the tip of it, or maybe we are waiting for one to hit Anchorage. Something has to be done about Kim Jong Ill and the North Koreans before something bad happens.

Fire Haley
05-27-2009, 03:37 PM
Same ol tune.They'll just hold an attack on Seoul over our heads like they have for the past 50 years.

Pull out our troops - let the Koreas settle it.

We can get all the Asian chicks we need from Bangkok, Nam and the PI.

Preacher
05-27-2009, 03:45 PM
Actually people,

Obama's remarks are very reminiscent of Reagan's remarks concerning terrorism.

By not engaging them, you don't give them credibility in the interantional arena.

I gotta hand it to Obama, he has come a long way in a few months since he said he would talk to AhmanadijaknowIamscrewedinthehead.

I don't agree with Obama often. But I do here.

BehindSteelCurtain
05-27-2009, 04:07 PM
Hahahaha talk about bulletin board material! We'd DESTROY them if we went to war.

Dino 6 Rings
05-27-2009, 04:22 PM
Well this has no importance here in the US, I mean, its not like the department of Home Land Security has warned me about potential North Korean terrorists. What's the point in even bothering with these folks. They are clearly peaceful and want nothing more than to join the modern world to make it a better, cleaner and safer place for us all to live.

I'm heading to the VFW to watch out for real terrorists.

Dino 6 Rings
05-27-2009, 04:27 PM
In reality, NK wants to draw SK and Japan into a fight because it knows that if Japan gets involved China would join in on the side of NK due to the flat out hatred between China an Japan.

I feel sorry for the people of NK who have zero education and zero exposure to the realities of the planet. I've seen stories where they children of NK are told that Kim Jong Il is actually like a god and that the map of the world pretty much has NK at its center. Sad stuff. An entire generation of people brainwashed for one purpose, to serve Dear Leader.

Fire Haley
05-27-2009, 05:45 PM
Then again Dear Leader might be dying or had some new brain damage and wants to go out in a blaze of glory - who knows - his minions would hardly try and stop him.

http://www.foxnews.com/images/534658/5_28_c450.jpg

http://i423.photobucket.com/albums/pp314/pauly_cy/north20korea20missile20obama.jpg

MasterOfPuppets
05-27-2009, 06:25 PM
would someone like to tell me what ANY of the FORMER adminisrtations have done concerning NK ? its not like they just started acting up in the last few months...:noidea:

i'd say giving them 2 thumbs down and a very harsh call to cease its activities would be right in line with the long standing policies concerning them....:popcorn:

HometownGal
05-27-2009, 06:34 PM
North Korea is not able to fight a war... They could hardly feed their own people...
I say we drop some bombs on them and kill off a buch of the mo'foes

Ooooooooo - Obaaaaaama is gonna be mad at you. :nono:

Texasteel
05-27-2009, 06:58 PM
North Korea may not be a large threat to us, but with short range missiles they could cause a lot of trouble to country's we have strong ties to.

Question is will this administration cut and run, and leave some of our friends to fend for themselves.

Fire Haley
05-27-2009, 07:19 PM
would someone like to tell me what ANY of the FORMER adminisrtations have done concerning NK ?

The peanut farmer and Clinton were no match for the Dear Leader

From a 2003 report:

During the early Clinton years, hard-liners and so-called conservative hawks advocated a pre-emptive strike to halt North Korea’s nuclear weapons development before it could field an atomic bomb.

Instead of taking the hard line, President Clinton elected to rely on former
President Jimmy Carter and decided to appease the Marxist-Stalinist
dictatorship.

Carter met with North Korean leader Kim Jong-il in Pyongyang and returned to
America waving a piece of paper and declaring peace in our time. Kim,
according to Carter, had agreed to stop his nuclear weapons development.

The Clinton appeasement program for North Korea included hundreds of
millions of dollars in aid, food, oil and even a nuclear reactor. However,
the agreement was flawed and lacked even the most informal means of
verification.

In return, Kim elected to starve his people while using the American aid to
build uranium bombs. The lowest estimate is that Kim starved to death over 1
million of his own people, even with the U.S. aid program.

http://cgi.stanford.edu/group/wais/cgi-bin/?p=17483

Texasteel
05-27-2009, 07:36 PM
would someone like to tell me what ANY of the FORMER adminisrtations have done concerning NK ? its not like they just started acting up in the last few months...:noidea:

:

There is nothing that the other presidents can do right now MOP. Its up to the one that we have now, I hope he is up to the task. This is going to be a very tricky situation. Remember he is trying to work with the same candy ass UN that the rest of them had to.

steelwall
05-27-2009, 07:41 PM
I can tell you just from the overall feeling I get from looking at Chinese news...they are getting tired of sticking up for N Korea...it's starting to mess with their income....

Fire Haley
05-27-2009, 07:57 PM
...they are getting tired of sticking up for N Korea...it's starting to mess with their income....

That's true.

If China wants Chevy and Ford, they better learn to sit up and beg.

HometownGal
05-27-2009, 07:57 PM
North Korea may not be a large threat to us, but with short range missiles they could cause a lot of trouble to country's we have strong ties to.

Question is will this administration cut and run, and leave some of our friends to fend for themselves.

Kim Jong-il is a certifiable loon, so you never know what he has up the sleeve of his straightjacket. :screwy: I'd keep eyes in the back of my head with that kookbag.

stillers4me
05-27-2009, 08:11 PM
Kim Jong-il is a certifiable loon, so you never know what he has up the sleeve of his straightjacket. :screwy: I'd keep eyes in the back of my head with that kookbag.

Not to mention there are American troops within reach of those missles.

Texasteel
05-27-2009, 08:14 PM
I can tell you just from the overall feeling I get from looking at Chinese news...they are getting tired of sticking up for N Korea...it's starting to mess with their income....

The Chinese have always been their major ally, if they cut North Korea loose that will hurt them, but as HTG has pointed out, these guys are nuts, and that makes them dangerous even to the Chinese.

steelwall
05-27-2009, 08:16 PM
That's true.

If China wants Chevy and Ford, they better learn to sit up and beg.

No to mention the F'n unbelievable amount of funds/goods China sends to N Korea, they're starting to think he....maybe we could use all that stuff.

missle defense sheild in place.

Fire Haley
05-27-2009, 08:18 PM
They don't need missles.

Just a human wave of One Million soldiers charging over the DMZ into Seoul with bayonets fixed.

They already live in hell, they got nothing to lose.

All your women are belong to us

Texasteel
05-27-2009, 08:20 PM

I'm sorry to say, that those brave men and women will probably play only a small part in the presidents decision's.

HometownGal
05-27-2009, 08:31 PM

I don't want their women. I want a couple of their chefs - Korean food is awesome! :yummy: :chuckle:

With a leader as nutty as a fruitcake, I'm not taking this latest develoment lightly and neither should our administration. As was already pointed out - they really don't have much to lose by attacking - we do.

steelwall
05-27-2009, 08:32 PM
They don't need missles.

Just a human wave of One Million soldiers charging over the DMZ into Seoul with bayonets fixed.

They already live in hell, they got nothing to lose.

should make it pretty easy to take out all one million of them with one fail swoop. :noidea:

TheWarDen86
05-27-2009, 08:49 PM
I don't want their women. I want a couple of their chefs - Korean food is awesome! :yummy: :chuckle:

With a leader as nutty as a fruitcake, I'm not taking this latest develoment lightly and neither should our administration. As was already pointed out - they really don't have much to lose by attacking - we do.

Woof woof?

HometownGal
05-27-2009, 09:04 PM
Woof woof?

Meowwwwww! :chuckle:

steelwall
05-27-2009, 09:05 PM
If this is a conventional war....they would be crushed....I mean crushed......

I allways said if we went to war with north korea I'd re-inlist........ dang, should have kept my mouth shut.

Godfather
05-27-2009, 09:32 PM
There is nothing that the other presidents can do right now MOP. Its up to the one that we have now, I hope he is up to the task. This is going to be a very tricky situation. Remember he is trying to work with the same candy ass UN that the rest of them had to.

It's not really the UN. It's Russia, South Korea, China, and Japan--those four countries are going to suffer far worse consequences than we will if the NK situation blows up.

That's why we do, and should, let them take the lead. Bush refused to engage NK directly and insisted on staying with the six-party talks. And he was right.

steelwall
05-27-2009, 09:35 PM
That's why we do, and should, let them take the lead. Bush refused to engage NK directly and insisted on staying with the six-party talks. And he was right.

An this was a very smart move...bu bu bu Bush foreign polices sucked.... he should have went and had a sit fown with Kim Jong 'ILL' over a nice BBQ Labrador......

Texasteel
05-27-2009, 09:41 PM
It's not really the UN. It's Russia, South Korea, China, and Japan--those four countries are going to suffer far worse consequences than we will if the NK situation blows up.

Russa has already taken the lead. They are preparing for a possible nuclear strike right now.

HometownGal
05-27-2009, 09:42 PM
Russa has already taken the lead. They are preparing for a possible nuclear strike right now.

Oh God - could this be the start of WWIII?

Texasteel
05-27-2009, 09:46 PM
An this was a very smart move...bu bu bu Bush foreign polices sucked.... he should have went and had a sit fown with Kim Jong 'ILL' over a nice BBQ Labrador......

There comes a time that the talking has to stop. I think that before long someone will have to take out their capability, or there will be hell to pay.

Psyychoward86
05-27-2009, 09:51 PM
Kim Jong Il is an epic fail. I dont give a crap that they have nukes. Threatening to attack U.S and South Korean ships is an even bigger act of warmongery than making those nukes. Learn to fk around elsewhere. How about on your own turf. I have relatives in Seoul. Go shoot yourselves.

steelwall
05-27-2009, 09:59 PM
There comes a time that the talking has to stop. I think that before long someone will have to take out their capability, or there will be hell to pay.

Yeap...unfortunatly it is human nature.....fighting will never stop...we are just too emotional beings.

But in this case I do not agree with a pre-emptive strike (and I dont think Obama would ever do that anyway) we need to be portrayed as the good guys on this one.

Again....this would be conventional war, not like we've seen recently this will be different, and in a conventional war there is no debate..WE ARE THE SUPERPOWER...

they are a country that cant even feed its own people without major assistance, if they attacked it would go down as one of the biggest military blunders of all time.

Texasteel
05-27-2009, 10:02 PM
Yeap...unfortunatly it is human nature.....fighting will never stop...we are just too emotional beings.

But in this case I do not agree with a pre-emptive strike (and I dont think Obama would ever do that anyway) we need to be portrayed as the good guys on this one.

Again....this would be conventional war, not like we've seen recently this will be different, and in a conventional war there is no debate..WE ARE THE SUPERPOWER...

they are a country that cant even feed its own people without major assistance, if they attacked it would go down as one of the biggest military blunders of all time.

I pray to God that your right, and I'm wrong.

steelwall
05-27-2009, 10:18 PM
[QUOTE=steelwall;610367]

they are a country that cant even feed its own people without major assistance[QUOTE]

And given this....our propoganda machine could do wonders, as well as the effect of over moral on their part especial, after they aare carpet bombed a few times and their Generals taken out by seals.

BozMan
05-27-2009, 10:45 PM
Life Imitates 'Team America' (http://www.opinionjournal.com/best/?id=110009073)

Hans Blix: "I'm sorry, but the U.N. must be firm with you. Let me see your whole palace, or else." Kim Jong Il: "Or else what?" Blix: "Or else we will be very, very angry with you, and we will write you a letter, telling you how angry we are."--dialogue from "Team America: World Police" (2004)

"The world lined up against North Korea on Monday for staging a nuclear test denounced even by key allies. . . . There was no talk of military action. But the Security Council quickly condemned North Korea's decision to flout a U.N. appeal to cancel the test after the reclusive regime announced it had set off an underground atomic explosion."--Associated Press, Oct. 9, 2006

steelwall
05-27-2009, 10:47 PM
I think everyone realizes the UN is a joke, and not even a funny joke... We need to create an alliance of countries with the te-bags to do what needs to be done.

BozMan
05-27-2009, 10:51 PM
U.S. to Respond to North Korea with ‘Strongest Possible Adjectives'
Obama: We are Prepared to Consult Thesaurus
One day after North Korea launched a successful test of a nuclear weapon, President Obama said that the United States was prepared to respond to the threat with "the strongest possible adjectives."

In remarks to reporters at the White House, Mr. Obama said that North Korea should fear the "full force and might of the United States' arsenal of adjectives" and called the missile test "reckless, reprehensible, objectionable, senseless, egregious and condemnable."

-- http://www.borowitzreport.com/article.aspx?ID=7029

MACH1
05-27-2009, 10:56 PM
Mr. Obama said that North Korea should fear the "full force and might of the United States' arsenal of adjectives"

Whats he going to do, tax them.

Fire Haley
05-27-2009, 11:13 PM
Team America was a highly underrated movie.

I believe that's the first time I ever watched puppet porn.

tony hipchest
05-27-2009, 11:25 PM
Team America was a highly underrated movie.

I believe that's the first time I ever watched puppet porn.:chuckle:

and what good puppet porn it was. :thumbsup: (right up there with "fritz the cat" as far as cartoon porn goes.)

i used to walk around singing the themesong until i heard my 2 year old (at the time) saying 'fuk yeah.... fuk yeah....'

*sniffle* it was her 1st cuss word, and when i learned it was time to watch my mouth around the baby.

who knew puppets could toss salad? ...i mean besides the chef and the beakers on the muppets?

Vincent
05-28-2009, 04:10 AM
Instead of taking the hard line, President Clinton elected to rely on former President Jimmy Carter and decided to appease the Marxist-Stalinist dictatorship.

Carter met with North Korean leader Kim Jong-il in Pyongyang and returned to America waving a piece of paper and declaring peace in our time. Kim, according to Carter, had agreed to stop his nuclear weapons development.

The Clinton appeasement program for North Korea included hundreds of millions of dollars in aid, food, oil and:jawdrop: even a nuclear reactor. :jawdrop:However, the agreement was flawed and lacked even the most informal means of verification.

In return, Kim elected to starve his people while using the American aid to build uranium bombs. The lowest estimate is that Kim starved to death over 1 million of his own people, even with the U.S. aid program.

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/images/wysiwyg_images/chamberlain-hitler.jpg

"Let me assure you Mr 3rd World Tinhorn Wackjob Dictator, the President is vitally interested in your "program" and pledges our very best technology. Now leggo of my hand you little freak!!""

Remember he is trying to work with the same candy ass UN that the rest of them had to.
I think everyone realizes the UN is a joke, and not even a funny joke...
Hey, hey, hey! If Wang Hung Lo don’t straiten up and yield to those sanctions, the UN will send in their crack troops with the manly baby blue helmets.

Bush refused to engage NK directly and insisted on staying with the six-party talks. And he was right.
I’m appalled at this statement. Bush did something right??!! Arrest this man!!

.... he should have went and had a sit fown with Kim Jong 'ILL' over a nice BBQ Labrador......
Dear Leader’s “special” fried dumplings anyone?

Oh God - could this be the start of WWIII?
I wouldn’t worry. The president has surrounded himself with the best of advisors.

http://www.moonbattery.com/archives/nancy_pelosi.jpghttp://www.topnews.in/usa/files/Senator-Harry-Reid.jpghttp://peacemoonbeam.typepad.com/.a/6a00d83451af9f69e201156f258a4c970c-500wihttp://1.bp.blogspot.com/_2p6Yuhk5U9g/SaADZctFkGI/AAAAAAAACBU/QplQjgsVioA/s400/Hillary%2520Clinton.jpghttp://www.lataco.com/taco/wp-content/uploads/eric_holder.jpghttp://www.swamppolitics.com/news/politics/blog/2008/10/22/joe-biden.jpghttp://blogs.e-rockford.com/applesauce/files/2008/09/000strangelove.jpghttp://westminsterroad.com/iWeb/Westminster%20Road/Images/HeadUpAss.jpg

In remarks to reporters at the White House, Mr. Obama said that North Korea should fear the "full force and might of the United States' arsenal of adjectives" and called the missile test "reckless, reprehensible, objectionable, senseless, egregious and condemnable."

Added the Banking Queen “Its simpwy wepwehensible!!”.

http://shotsonthehouse.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/03/frankgrabass.jpg

"Oooooo!!! I get all chubby when you talk tough." :sissies:

xfl2001fan
05-28-2009, 05:53 AM

Redistribute the wealth of our evil, greedy capitalistic (most right winged terrorists) to them so that they can all eat too.

BIGBENFASTWILLIE
05-28-2009, 08:20 AM
Ooooooooo - Obaaaaaama is gonna be mad at you. :nono:

How long, and how many threats do we allow NK to do theses things before Little Kim blows something up

HometownGal
05-28-2009, 02:27 PM
How long, and how many threats do we allow NK to do theses things before Little Kim blows something up

That's not a question either you or I can answer, BBFW. Me thinks you need to ask Obaaaaaama. Without even hearing his answer, I know I'm probably not going to like it.

Tea and boo-shit cookies anyone?

http://farm1.static.flickr.com/75/164820323_935128f10e.jpg

AllD
05-28-2009, 05:07 PM
Give Japan and South Korea the bomb and let's have a real reality show.

steelwall
05-28-2009, 08:15 PM

:toofunny: