Pages : 1 [2] 3 4 5 6

Fire Haley
05-31-2009, 10:04 PM
Good night Irene.

Pens still overmatched, but the margin is smaller than last year

2 goals in two games won't cut it.

X-Terminator
05-31-2009, 10:05 PM
Well, the worst-case scenario has happened, and the Pens are down 2-0.

Damn.

Despite how well the Pens have played, there are 2 reasons why they are down:

1. The brick wall known as Chris Osgood
2. The Wings' depth players are outplaying the Pens' depth players. I mean, 2 goals from Justin Abdelkader, who has only been playing since the Ducks series? Come on.

And that's the bottom line.

Hope Geno isn't suspended for his instigator penalty at the end of the game (which BTW is the worst friggin rule they've ever come up with).

Gotta win both games at home. Don't give up boys, because I'm not.

Go Pens.

SteelCityMan786
05-31-2009, 10:07 PM

Damn.

2. The Wings' depth players are outplaying the Pens' depth players. I mean, 2 goals from Justin Abdelkader, who has only been playing since the Ducks series? Come on.

Hope Geno isn't suspended for his instigator penalty at the end of the game (which BTW is the worst friggin rule they've ever come up with).

Go Pens.

I won't be surprised if Zetterberg gets suspended to for punching the ref. both at least are probably going to get fines.

Edman
05-31-2009, 10:12 PM
The officiating is awful, but the Pens are faced with an even worse dilemma. They still need to solve Osgood. They still need to make opportunities for themselves and start slamming pucks into the Net.

They're playing better than last year, but as we've seen, that isn't enough. It's going to take more than that to beat the Wings.

Godfather
05-31-2009, 10:13 PM

The official who called that penalty should be suspended. Zetterberg CLEARLY instigated that fight. Geno was just defending his teammate.

I agree with Steelcityman--Zetterberg might have a problem. What's the NHL's rule if a ref gets caught in the crossfire? And is it worse if a player hits the ref multiple times like Zetterberg did?

HometownGal
05-31-2009, 10:16 PM

Damn.

Go Pens.

You forgot to add . . .

3. The refs ignored the obvious goaltender interference that resulted in the 2nd goal, at least 3 interference calls and a slash by Hossa on Talbot which would have put us on a PP instead of the Wings getting that goal. You know I don't usually bitch about the refs but the non-calls tonight were infuriating to say the least. :mad: Especially when all throughout these playoffs, the opposing team's fans go on and on like a freakin' broken record about how the Pens get all of the refs calls and the NHL wants the Pens to hoist the Cup. Tonight proved all of them DEAD WRONG.

As I said before the game started - I believe in this team and I won't stop. They've stared adversity in the eyes before and have come through and I know they believe in themselves and each other. I know we're all frustrated and I'm sure they are, as well, but they've been right there in each of these 2 games going skate to skate with the Wings and I'm so proud of 'em!

We're going to take 2 in da Burgh - you heard it here first! :tt03::thumbsup:

fansince'76
05-31-2009, 10:22 PM
The refs ignored the obvious goaltender interference that resulted in the 2nd goal, at least 3 interference calls and a slash by Hossa on Talbot which would have put us on a PP instead of the Wings getting that goal. You know I don't usually bitch about the refs but the non-calls tonight were infuriating to say the least. :mad: Especially when all throughout these playoffs, the opposing team's fans go on and on like a freakin' broken record about how the Pens get all of the refs calls and the NHL wants the Pens to hoist the Cup. Tonight proved all of them DEAD WRONG.

Yes, but you're forgetting about the primer:

The Whiny-Assed Crybaby's Primer to NHL Officiating

1. Any and every call and no-call which benefits any and every opponent of the Penguins is always 100% correct and fair.

2. Any and every call and no-call which benefits the Penguins in any way, shape or form, are never correct and always the result of paid-off refs and unfair favoritism by the NHL and the Penguins-loving media.

RunWillieRun
05-31-2009, 10:44 PM
Pens got rapped by the refs....that is all

I_Bleed_Black_And_Gold
05-31-2009, 10:48 PM
Such a frustrating loss.

The refs were atrocious. I agree with letting them play to an extent, but you have to call obvious penalties. The elbow was clear as day in front of the net where everyone's eyes should have been focused. The slash was a must call as well (I thought they ALWAYS called it when a stick gets broken?) I will have to watch again for the interference no-call on Fluery, I was too busy screaming into my couch cushion to pay attention.

That said, two of the three goals and one in particular were VERY soft goals. Fluery goes from shutting down what are obvious scoring chances only to get beat on a 1 on 3 with no screen from distance. You have to stop those goals! I have to agree with the announcers that Fluery's goaltending so far leaves a lot to be desired. The Red Wings are going to bring it hard, so you can't afford to let them get away with the easy ones.

JEFF4i
05-31-2009, 11:04 PM
We're a momentum team.

We'll regroup tomorrow, get back in Pittsburgh and win in game 6 with a streak of 4.

Dodt
05-31-2009, 11:23 PM
love that way of thinking jeff4i.

KeiselPower99
05-31-2009, 11:32 PM
When there is 3 Red Wings in the goalie net shouldnt that be a penalty?

X-Terminator
05-31-2009, 11:36 PM
You forgot to add . . .

3. The refs ignored the obvious goaltender interference that resulted in the 2nd goal, at least 3 interference calls and a slash by Hossa on Talbot which would have put us on a PP instead of the Wings getting that goal. You know I don't usually bitch about the refs but the non-calls tonight were infuriating to say the least. :mad: Especially when all throughout these playoffs, the opposing team's fans go on and on like a freakin' broken record about how the Pens get all of the refs calls and the NHL wants the Pens to hoist the Cup. Tonight proved all of them DEAD WRONG.

As I said before the game started - I believe in this team and I won't stop. They've stared adversity in the eyes before and have come through and I know they believe in themselves and each other. I know we're all frustrated and I'm sure they are, as well, but they've been right there in each of these 2 games going skate to skate with the Wings and I'm so proud of 'em!

We're going to take 2 in da Burgh - you heard it here first! :tt03::thumbsup:

Yes, but you're forgetting about the primer:

Well of course the primer definitely comes into play - even last game, I was hearing that the refereeing favored the Penguins, which is complete bullshit. But you know, I'm not going to complain about the officiating. If we're going to get on other team's fans for their constant bitching about the refs and the Pens allegedly always getting favorable calls, then we shouldn't bitch when calls go against us, at least IMO. Again, the Pens played well, but it just wasn't good enough. It is extremely frustrating watching scoring chance after scoring chance either being stonewalled by Osgood or hitting the post. They have to find a way to get some pucks by him if they're going to win these 2 games at home.

MACH1
05-31-2009, 11:37 PM
SOB
Not much of a hockey fan here, but I'm hoping the Pen's can pull it out this year.

HometownGal
06-01-2009, 05:20 AM
But you know, I'm not going to complain about the officiating. If we're going to get on other team's fans for their constant bitching about the refs and the Pens allegedly always getting favorable calls, then we shouldn't bitch when calls go against us, at least IMO.

Ummmm - I don't think most of us here were bitching about the calls on the Pens - we were bitching about the blatantly obvious non-calls on the Wings. Even the announcers who were sucking the Wings' asses all night questioned why a couple of those very obvious penalties were not called.

On to the Burgh where I think the Pens are going to shine! :drink:

Fire Haley
06-01-2009, 06:29 AM
After the atrocious calls the refs were ignoring - they know better

Malkin was given an instigator penalty for the incident, but the NHL has rescinded the penalty and he will not be suspended for Game 3.

http://tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=280536

Time to tie it up at home.

The_WARDen
06-01-2009, 06:39 AM
After the atrocious calls the refs were ignoring - they know better

Malkin was given an instigator penalty for the incident, but the NHL has rescinded the penalty and he will not be suspended for Game 3.

http://tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=280536

Time to tie it up at home.

which proves what a joke the NHL is...he should have been suspended but his name's Malkin so he won't be suspended.

The_WARDen
06-01-2009, 06:41 AM
Ummmm - I don't think most of us here were bitching about the calls on the Pens - we were bitching about the blatantly obvious non-calls on the Wings. Even the announcers who were sucking the Wings' asses all night questioned why a couple of those very obvious penalties were not called.

We don't have the goalie to beat Detroit and they're certainly not winning 4 of 5 against Detroit.

This reminds me of the Jazz being good at the wrong time...during Jordan's reign.

X-Terminator
06-01-2009, 06:52 AM

They also blatantly missed Zetterberg covering the puck on Osgood's back in game 1 while he was in the crease, which should have been a penalty shot.

To me, it's like we're blaming the refs for the loss, just like the opposing fans who scream "CONSPIRACY!!!" every time the Pens get a call. That's why I won't complain about it, and instead just move on to game 3 and hope the refs call a decent game.

X-Terminator
06-01-2009, 06:54 AM
which proves what a joke the NHL is...he should have been suspended but his name's Malkin so he won't be suspended.

It's not an automatic suspension when you get an instigator in the last 5 minutes of a game, contrary to popular belief. The league has rescinded the penalty in the past, and not just against stars either.

stlrtruck
06-01-2009, 07:34 AM
Personally what I saw this weekend was two good hockey games. The difference being is that the Pens tried to skate with the Red Wings and that's not how you beat them.

You've got to be physical with them and knock them off their rhythm. I've noticed that about half way through the game, the Pens defense looks slower than usual and the Wings continue to have fresh legs. They look faster and more determined to get to the puck first and create their own opportunities.

The Pens have to knock them off the puck and not give them an inch of ice. Just like they played ovechkin.

I applaud the red wings for the way they played the first two games. They showed the grit and determination to win. Regardless of missed calls, it's just like we mentioned during the Steelers run to their
6th Super Bowl (and even their 5th), great teams overcome adversity and the Pens now have to do that!

MUST WINE, CAN NO LOSE ANYMORE GAMES!!!!

Fire Haley
06-01-2009, 08:55 AM
No no no

You try to "get physical" you play right into their hands and get off your game.

Which is exactly what happened.

2 goals in 2 games ... no excuses for the missed opportunities - Pens just aren't getting it done.

X-Terminator
06-01-2009, 09:32 AM
We don't have the goalie to beat Detroit and they're certainly not winning 4 of 5 against Detroit.

This reminds me of the Jazz being good at the wrong time...during Jordan's reign.

I don't care about winning 4 of 5 right now. I only care about the next 2 games. They hold serve at home, it becomes a best of 3. And I certainly am not going to say that they can't win 4 of 5 against Detroit. People act like they're friggin invincible - they're NOT. They are very good, yes. It will be tough to beat them 4 times in 5 games. But it isn't impossible.

Even if the Pens don't win the Cup this year, they WILL eventually win it. It's just a matter of time.

HometownGal
06-01-2009, 10:03 AM

Well if it isn't Mr. Optimism. :rolleyes:

We most certainly do have the goalie to beat Detroit. Though we've lost Games 1 and 2, Fleury has made almost as many great saves as Osgood. Detroit is very beatable - hell, the Ducks came within a gnat's eyelash of eliminating them in Round 2. The pucks have just been bouncing their way and though the Pens have had a lot of great opportunities, Osgood has been outstanding in their net. As I said last night - the guy has 8 pairs of eyes.

To me, it's like we're blaming the refs for the loss, just like the opposing fans who scream "CONSPIRACY!!!" every time the Pens get a call.

As I said above - Frick 'n Frack announcing the game last night made mention several times of penalties that were committed by the Wings that were not called, and were appalled that Hossa was not given a penalty after he slashed Talbot and broke his stick right before the Wings second goal. Had the call been made, as it should have because it was so obvious, the Pens would have been on a PP instead.

How about the blatant interference on Fleury that resulted in another Wings goal?

On the Wings 3rd goal, there was no review. Matt watched the replay several times last night and I watched it this morning - sure doesn't look like a legit goal to me. All of the intereference that wasn't called against the Wings - I could go on and on and on. That was one of the worst called SC Finals games I've ever watched and I've watched a lot of 'em over the years.

You of all people know that I'm not a sour grapes type of fan, but the bullshit that the Wings got away with last night contributed greatly to them winning that game, as did Osgood's stellar performance in goal once again.

I'm with you - I'm not looking too far down the road. Win 2 at home and take each subsequent game one game at a time. I firmly believe they can do it. :tt03:

Godfather
06-01-2009, 10:10 AM
It's not an automatic suspension when you get an instigator in the last 5 minutes of a game, contrary to popular belief. The league has rescinded the penalty in the past, and not just against stars either.

Plus there's the fact that Zetterberg, not Malkin, was the instigator. Malking was just defending Talbot.

Godfather
06-01-2009, 10:12 AM
[QUOTE=X-Terminator;611537]Well of course the primer definitely comes into play - even last game, I was hearing that the refereeing favored the Penguins, which is complete bullshit. But you know, I'm not going to complain about the officiating. If we're going to get on other team's fans for their constant bitching about the refs and the Pens allegedly always getting favorable calls, then we shouldn't bitch when calls go against us, at least IMO. /QUOTE]

Agree. But we need to keep a record of those horrible calls so we can post them anytime we see the "zebras chear for the Pens" crap.

Not to mention the no-goal last year against the Cryers.

SteelCurtain
06-01-2009, 12:22 PM
What I saw last night was the Luckier team, not the Better team won. The Pens seemed to dominate at least 75% of the game, but saw their attempts hit the post or denied by a very good goalie. The goals by detroilet have been bullsh!t luck goals. Their luck is going to run out in Pittsburgh. As for the refs; I am all for letting play continue, but it better damn well be fair to both sides. The penalty on Malkin was a joke and the non calls were blatant penalties that should not have been overlooked. Non calls are great when they are fair and balanced....

Edman
06-01-2009, 12:43 PM
According to the media and the air of the current atmosphere. The Wings are invincible, and the Pens are about as good as dead. Thank God they don't decide the game.

I know the referees have sucked. But our forward play is struggling, and we're not finishing our shots and putting pressure on Osdouche, and we're getting a shitload of bad bounces. That's the most frustrating part of all. So much for the Stanley Cup experience helping us out. This is against a Wings team without Datsyuk.

Hopefully the Pens will change my tune in Game 3, but it doesn't look good right now. This team has been down 2-0 before in this playoffs and in a similar situation with Varlamov. Now we'll see how badly the Pens want it in Mellon.

pittsburghp8baller
06-01-2009, 01:16 PM

Scott Walker wasnt suspended for his sucker punch which should of lead to a suspension and he has no way near the star power that Malkin has. Its been obvious that the refs and NHL have decided to let them play, which im glad i dont want the cup to be decided on a ticky tack call just because they have been calling all the ones close to being the same play so they got to call that too.

Plus there's the fact that Zetterberg, not Malkin, was the instigator. Malking was just defending Talbot

it doesnt matter if your jumping in to defend a teammate, and like everyone else on the Red Wings Henrik has his gloves glued on so Malkin got tagged with the instigator

Both teams have gotten away with some calls, but it looks like the wings have obviously gotten away with more. The Hossa one should of been called no doubt, the Samuelsson 'pick' play off the face off that lead to the Ericksson goal, well if they dont call it on the Caps who did it EVERY faceoff then they arent gonna call it now in the Stanley Cup.

How about the blatant interference on Fleury that resulted in another Wings goal?
HTG, were you talking about the second goal? cause im pretty sure the replay showed Malkin shoving the Wings player into Fleury which then wouldnt be considered Goalie interference. I taped the game too and ill watch it again but im pretty sure Malkin shoved the guy into Fleury.

The only difference in this series is that they have capatilzed on there opportunities and we havent. We both have turned the puck over, we both been getting away with some calls, its just when we turn the puck over and when they get away with some calls- they have capatilzed on them. We gotta make them pay for turning it over in there zone, at least just throw the puck at the net and get a faceoff when you take the puck away

Oh well, whats done is done no sense in going on and on about it. Pierre actually made a good point (feels weird saying that) in saying that we arent in trouble until we lose at home. With the way we ended the game and the fact we are heading home, we got to seize the momentum early in the game. Whether it is throwing a big hit, Fleury making a huge save or even better scoring, the first part of the first period is gonna be crucial.

sorry for the long rant, two games of mixed emotions coming out

pittsburghp8baller
06-01-2009, 01:20 PM
According to the media and the air of the current atmosphere. The Wings are invincible, and the Pens are about as good as dead. Thank God they don't decide the game.

if we went by what the majority of the media was saying, we wouldnt even have played a game and they would of just handed the Wings the cup.

What I saw last night was the Luckier team, not the Better team won

thats just how the dice rolls sometimes, you dont get to 16 wins in the Stanley Cup without winning at least one game with luck

PisnNapalm
06-01-2009, 04:19 PM
It's official.... I'm cursed.

I got home late Saturday. Took a shower and turned on the tv just in time to see the Wings score their second goal. I watched until they scored their third. I stopped watching after that.

Last night I turned on the tv to watch the game. Honest to God, not 5 seconds after I turned it on the Wings scored their second goal. I cursed up a storm and then turned off the tv.

This is what happened to me last year. Each game I watched last year the Pens lost in the finals.

AHHHHH!!!! I wanna watch but I can't anymore. I'm not normally a superstitious person but even my wife told me I'm jinxed. :(

I promise I won't watch any of the 3rd game folks. I promise.

I_Bleed_Black_And_Gold
06-01-2009, 06:55 PM
I thought wearing my old Stanley Cup Champions shirt would bring us luck... it didn't

SteelMember
06-02-2009, 06:35 AM
4 in a row, and lift it at home!

I know, we need one first, but that would be absolutely awesome.

Let's go Pens! :tt03:

stlrtruck
06-02-2009, 07:37 AM
It's official.... I'm cursed.

I got home late Saturday. Took a shower and turned on the tv just in time to see the Wings score their second goal. I watched until they scored their third. I stopped watching after that.

Last night I turned on the tv to watch the game. Honest to God, not 5 seconds after I turned it on the Wings scored their second goal. I cursed up a storm and then turned off the tv.

This is what happened to me last year. Each game I watched last year the Pens lost in the finals.

AHHHHH!!!! I wanna watch but I can't anymore. I'm not normally a superstitious person but even my wife told me I'm jinxed. :(

I promise I won't watch any of the 3rd game folks. I promise.

And here I thought it was me. And this morning I was thinking the same thing, not watching game 3 could turn it around. Maybe both of us shouldn't watch it :chuckle:

The_WARDen
06-02-2009, 08:15 AM
Well if it isn't Mr. Optimism. :rolleyes:

We most certainly do have the goalie to beat Detroit. Though we've lost Games 1 and 2, Fleury has made almost as many great saves as Osgood. Detroit is very beatable - hell, the Ducks came within a gnat's eyelash of eliminating them in Round 2. The pucks have just been bouncing their way and though the Pens have had a lot of great opportunities, Osgood has been outstanding in their net. As I said last night - the guy has 8 pairs of eyes.

As I said above - Frick 'n Frack announcing the game last night made mention several times of penalties that were committed by the Wings that were not called, and were appalled that Hossa was not given a penalty after he slashed Talbot and broke his stick right before the Wings second goal. Had the call been made, as it should have because it was so obvious, the Pens would have been on a PP instead.

On the Wings 3rd goal, there was no review. Matt watched the replay several times last night and I watched it this morning - sure doesn't look like a legit goal to me. All of the intereference that wasn't called against the Wings - I could go on and on and on. That was one of the worst called SC Finals games I've ever watched and I've watched a lot of 'em over the years.

You of all people know that I'm not a sour grapes type of fan, but the bullshit that the Wings got away with last night contributed greatly to them winning that game, as did Osgood's stellar performance in goal once again.

I'm with you - I'm not looking too far down the road. Win 2 at home and take each subsequent game one game at a time. I firmly believe they can do it. :tt03:

Fleury lets in backbreakers...they had almost tied it after working their arses off and then their guy just shoots it on net from above the faceoffs circles as the Wings are in the middle of a change and Fleury gives it up...game over.

Fleury has to a wall back there against Detroit and he isn't one.

By the way, there's a difference betwen optimist and realist. I was optimistic that the would split in Detroit making this a series. Since they didn't, there is the realistic side to it now. Winning 4 of 5 against this team (they don't have a swiss cheese D like the Caps) would be like climbing Mt. Everest. Can it be done? Sure. Will it? I'm not placing any $$ on it.

and it's all thanks to Fleury's soft goals.

SteelCurtain
06-02-2009, 08:30 AM
Fleury lets in backbreakers...they had almost tied it after working their arses off and then their guy just shoots it on net from above the faceoffs circles as the Wings are in the middle of a change and Fleury gives it up...game over.

Fleury has to a wall back there against Detroit and he isn't one.

By the way, there's a difference betwen optimist and realist. I was optimistic that the would split in Detroit making this a series. Since they didn't, there is the realistic side to it now. Winning 4 of 5 against this team (they don't have a swiss cheese D like the Caps) would be like climbing Mt. Everest. Can it be done? Sure. Will it? I'm not placing any $$ on it.

and it's all thanks to Fleury's soft goals.

I totally agree Fleury has had some pretty soft, well rather pathetic goals scored against him. He really hasn't been on in the playoffs period...

Steel Head
06-02-2009, 09:34 AM
Fleury hasn't been great but you can't blame either losses on him. We only scored 1 goal in each game and our D has been pretty porous especially Hal Gill who is a -4 after the first 2 games

stlrtruck
06-02-2009, 12:59 PM
Bottom line is that in the first two games the red wings have out skated the Pens. PERIOD! You especially can see it in the third period when the Pens are standing still or skating backwards while the red wings players continue to skate forward and are not challenged for possession of the puck.

Now with the series in Pittsburgh, we'll get the line changes we want but that doesn't mean squat if the players don't challenge for the puck and skate like their lives depend on it.

One thing I've noticed about Detriot is that they are constantly moving and anticipating where the puck is going to be instead of where it's at. They also anticipate the Pens passes, setting up odd man rushes or at least a quick escape from their own zone.

Right now, the red wings are showing that they are the better team and until the Pens play together as a cohesive unit, they will not beat such a solid team.

Fire Haley
06-02-2009, 04:55 PM
Pens 7-0.

Go get em Sid.

HometownGal
06-02-2009, 05:51 PM
Fleury hasn't been great but you can't blame either losses on him. We only scored 1 goal in each game and our D has been pretty porous especially Hal Gill who is a -4 after the first 2 games

Don't you ever freakin' stop B & M'ing? :rolleyes: Anyone who has been watching these playoffs can plainly see the guy has, for the most part, played well alongside Scuds. If Bylsma didn't feel he and Scuds were more than capable of handling Detroit's creme de la creme, he sure as hell wouldn't put that pairing out there against them. :coffee: You sure love to scapegoat, don't ya?

It's not like the Pens haven't had umpteem scoring chances, but Osgood is a very experienced playoff goaltender and has been brilliant in the net against us.

Tonight is the night the Pens turn it around. :tt03:

LETS GO PENS!

Texasteel
06-02-2009, 06:05 PM
I've got to agree with HTG. I know I am the least knowledgeable fan here, but in spite of a couple mistakes I thought Gill has played pretty well. Remember it was Gill that caught that guy on a breakaway and kept him from getting a clean shot at Fleury

OneForTheToe
06-02-2009, 06:19 PM
Just jumping in (been absent cause of work). Fleury is not the reason we are lost the first two games. we got flat out played top to bottom. Also, I don't understand bthe Gill hate. He has played better that some others on this team.

Gota get to in da 'burgh.

X-Terminator
06-02-2009, 07:04 PM
Just jumping in (been absent cause of work). Fleury is not the reason we are lost the first two games. we got flat out played top to bottom. Also, I don't understand bthe Gill hate. He has played better that some others on this team.

Gota get to in da 'burgh.

No they haven't been outplayed from top to bottom - the Pens carried the play for much of the 2 games and outplayed the Wings on Sunday. They've outshot the Wings in both games, outchanced them and have played decently defensively despite all of the talent they have. The difference has been one man, and one man only - Chris Osgood. If he plays even average, the Pens win at least one of the games.

Texasteel
06-02-2009, 07:06 PM
OK, the first game of a 4 game run.

Go Get Um Pens!!!!!!!!!!!!!

HometownGal
06-02-2009, 07:11 PM
Opening face-off coming up. It's now or never boyz! :tt03:

LETS GO PENS!!!!

HometownGal
06-02-2009, 07:16 PM
MARIO!!!!! Gawd, that was awesome!

HometownGal
06-02-2009, 07:18 PM
I LOVE the boos on Hossa! :upyours:

Texasteel
06-02-2009, 07:21 PM
I LOVE the boos on Hossa! :upyours:

He can't expect to be too popular in Pitt.

Texasteel
06-02-2009, 07:24 PM
Gooooooooooooooal

HometownGal
06-02-2009, 07:24 PM
WOOOOO HOOOOOOO!!!!!!! MAX SCORES!!!!! :banana: :banana: :banana:

Texasteel
06-02-2009, 07:27 PM
Daaaammmmiiit

HometownGal
06-02-2009, 07:27 PM
SHHHHHITTTTTTTT.

SteelCityMan786
06-02-2009, 07:28 PM
Can't allow crap goals.

HometownGal
06-02-2009, 07:30 PM
I think the Pens look pretty good thus far. It sucks that the Wings scored shorty after Talbot's goal, but they have to keep shooting the puck at Oz.

LETS GO PENS!

HometownGal
06-02-2009, 07:33 PM
Damn it - Wings on PP. If you're gonna knock someone down Brooksie - don't do it right in front of the refs -LOL!

SteelCityMan786
06-02-2009, 07:37 PM
2 SHIT GOALS!!!!

HometownGal
06-02-2009, 07:37 PM
G-damn it. WTF don't the Pens get these guys out from in front of the damned net???? Ughhhhh.

HometownGal
06-02-2009, 07:39 PM
Now I know these refs need seeing-eye dogs. Pens had 7 men on the ice for at least 20 secs and they never saw it and neither did the Wings. :jawdrop:

HometownGal
06-02-2009, 07:43 PM
Pens on PP. Let's answer here! :hope:

Edman
06-02-2009, 07:45 PM
This is what will hold the Penguins back from a Cup.

Marc Andre Fleury. You gotta wake up, man.

HometownGal
06-02-2009, 07:47 PM
KRIS LETANG TIES IT UP!!!! :banana: :thumbsup: :drink:

KeiselPower99
06-02-2009, 07:48 PM
Hell YEA!!!!

Texasteel
Tied UP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Steel Head
nice goal Letang

Steel Head
06-02-2009, 07:50 PM
why are my posts being deleled?

is the mod a communist? Gill cost us that 2nd goal by doing nothing as per usual

HometownGal
06-02-2009, 07:50 PM
Pens on another PP!!! Lets take control of this game. :hope:

HometownGal
06-02-2009, 07:51 PM

is the mod a communist? Gill cost us that 2nd goal by doing nothing as per usual

Because you are deliberately trying to instigate, that's why. You NEVER have anything positive to say and only come into this thread when the Pens are behind like you did tonight.

KNOCK IT THE HELL OFF!!!!

P.S. Call me a communist again and you'll be on the outside looking in. This is your warning.

Texasteel
06-02-2009, 07:51 PM
Don't waist this guys!!!!!

Steel Head
06-02-2009, 07:52 PM
Because you are deliberately trying to instigate, that's why. You NEVER have anything positive to say and only come into this thread when the Pens are behind like you did tonight.

KNOCK IT THE HELL OFF!!!!

funny how you dont delete the posts of people that bash Fleury

watch the play, Gill layed down and did nothing.....notice other good d-men get their stick on the puck

HometownGal
06-02-2009, 07:54 PM
funny how you dont delete the posts of people that bash Fleury

watch the play, Gill layed down and did nothing.....notice other good d-men get their stick on the puck

Even funnier how the only time you ever come into this thread is when the Pens are behind - you've done it this entire series. People see you for what you are - a FWF and a boo bird. Get lost.

Texasteel
06-02-2009, 08:01 PM
boyz are looking real lively on the ice. Osgood all of a sudden looked human for a moment.

I think were looking pretty good so far.

SteelCityMan786
06-02-2009, 08:06 PM
Good Job on both goals. Lets pick up the intensity this period and get the lead back!!!

SteelCityMan786
06-02-2009, 08:16 PM
Boring Doc???? THIS GAME IS FREAKING INSANE!!!

Steel Head
06-02-2009, 08:21 PM
our team D needs to tighten up, we are giving up way too many chances

Texasteel
06-02-2009, 08:24 PM

I just read this shit, you owe someone an apology clown.

HometownGal
06-02-2009, 08:25 PM
Boring Doc???? THIS GAME IS FREAKING INSANE!!!

I think he was being a little light-hearted, Matt. :chuckle:

Pens are more than holding their own in this game thus far. I'd love to see them break out and get a couple of scores this period.

SteelCityMan786
06-02-2009, 08:30 PM
I think he was being a little light-hearted, Matt. :chuckle:

Pens are more than holding their own in this game thus far. I'd love to see them break out and get a couple of scores this period.

I thought I'd just poke fun at him. :sofunny:

HometownGal
06-02-2009, 08:31 PM
Pens only have 10 SOG to the Wings 20. Need to get that puck in the offensive zone and keep it there for longer than a few seconds to get some shots in on Oz.

Steel Head

for what?

im not the only Pens fan that criticizes Gill. He has been playing poorly for a long time

Letang on the other hand has really stepped up his defensive game this postsesason

HometownGal
I thought I'd just poke fun at him. :sofunny:

I know. :wink02:

I so wish the game was being broadcast on FSN.

SteelCityMan786
06-02-2009, 08:32 PM
Pens only have 10 SOG to the Wings 20. Need to get that puck in the offensive zone and keep it there for longer than a few seconds to get some shots in on Oz.

Detroit's pretty damn good with that to.

Texasteel
both teams are showing why their here, but I think we're starting to wear them down. Give us a goal Pens.

HometownGal

I'm not holding my breath on that one. Ignorance is bliss.

Edman
06-02-2009, 08:34 PM
The Pens are giving the Wings too many chances. One of them is going to go in sometime. Detroit is like that.

Texasteel
06-02-2009, 08:36 PM
for what?

im not the only Pens fan that criticizes Gill. He has been playing poorly for a long time

Letang on the other hand has really stepped up his defensive game this postsesason

You just call HTG what everyone on this site knows is the worse thing you could call her. Try to use you freakin head before you start throwing around names.

Steel Head
06-02-2009, 08:36 PM
Ignorance is bliss.

lol the irony is killing me :toofunny:

HometownGal
06-02-2009, 08:38 PM
Wings on another PP. Got to hold 'em here guys. :hope:

HometownGal
06-02-2009, 08:39 PM
lol the irony is killing me :toofunny:

I think you'd better stop . . . now.

Steel Head
06-02-2009, 08:43 PM
You just call HTG what everyone on this site knows is the worse thing you could call her. Try to use you freakin head before you start throwing around names.

i didnt know which mod was deleting my posts

deleting other people's post you disagree (me criticizing Gill) andkeeping one's you agree with (other people criticizing Fleury) is communist like

Texasteel
06-02-2009, 08:45 PM

deleting other people's post you disagree (me criticizing Gill) andkeeping one's you agree with (other people criticizing Fleury) is communist like

You just don't know when to stop do you?

HometownGal
06-02-2009, 08:47 PM

I'm the only Mod in this thread. :doh:

As I've said twice now - the only time you participate in this thread is when the Pens fall behind and to bash Gill. There is only 1 other person who agrees with you and he makes positive contributions to this board. Everyone else has pretty much praised Gill's play since the postseason began.

The criticisms on Fleury are somewhat justified and are done respectfully and by posters who make positive contributions to the board, unlike YOU. That's the difference.

Edman
06-02-2009, 08:49 PM
I wish something gets going. This business with Steel Head is tiring to say the least.

Texasteel
06-02-2009, 08:53 PM
I wish something gets going. This business with Steel Head is tiring to say the least.

Sorry Ed, Hopefully its over.

Edman
06-02-2009, 08:56 PM
Sorry Ed, Hopefully its over.

No need to apologize. We should be commenting on the game, but Steel Head wants to get into a shouting with one of the mods. In this case, HTG.

I hope the Pens score so we can have something to cheer about.

HometownGal
06-02-2009, 09:03 PM
We have bad thunderstorms moving into the area. I hope it holds off until after the game so the hundreds of people watching the game on the big screen outside the arena can see the entire game without getting drenched. :hope:

Sorry Ed - I don't like getting into heated arguments with anyone, but I won't sit back and allow people to ruin everyone else's experience either. I can't stomach Negative Neds or boo birds.

We absolutely HAVE to get more SOG. 4 in the last period and that's just not going to cut it in the 3rd.

LETS GO PENS - you can do it! :tt03:

SteelCityMan786
06-02-2009, 09:04 PM
We have bad thunderstorms moving into the area. I hope it holds off until after the game so the hundreds of people watching the game on the big screen outside the arena can see the entire game without getting drenched. :hope:

Sorry Ed - I don't like getting into heated arguments with anyone, but I won't sit back and allow people to ruin everyone else's experience either.

We absolutely HAVE to get more SOG. 4 in the last period and that's just not going to cut it in the 3rd.

LETS GO PENS - you can do it! :tt03:

They may ask them to leave though. I know people who did that and they said if lightning happens, they'll ask all to leave.

HometownGal
06-02-2009, 09:06 PM
They may ask them to leave though. I know people who did that and they said if lightning happens, they'll ask all to leave.

That's a smart (and safe) move. We're starting to get some really nasty lightning.

HometownGal
06-02-2009, 09:08 PM
No freakin' penalty on Staal being hauled down. :banging:

Texasteel
06-02-2009, 09:15 PM
I am developing a honest deslike for Osgood.

HometownGal
06-02-2009, 09:17 PM
Pens on PP again. Lets make this one count with a goal.

Pens are on FIRE this period. :thumbsup:

Texasteel
06-02-2009, 09:18 PM
Make this count!!

Crushzilla
06-02-2009, 09:18 PM
Please score... so I can breathe.

HometownGal
06-02-2009, 09:19 PM
THAT'S MY BABY!!!!!!! Atta boy Serg!!! Gawd I love that man! :heart: :banana:

Texasteel
06-02-2009, 09:19 PM
yyyyyyyyyyyyyeesssssssssssss

Crushzilla
06-02-2009, 09:20 PM
THANK YOU, SARGE AND GUERIN

http://kissingsuzykolber.uproxx.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/05/animated_siren.gif

Crushzilla
06-02-2009, 09:20 PM
Flower Power!

SteelCityMan786
06-02-2009, 09:23 PM
That's a smart (and safe) move. We're starting to get some really nasty lightning.

Wow, hopefully it doesn't really hit until after everyone or in the least the majority thereof can get in their cars.

GREAT GOAL BY GONCHAR!!!! LETS GO PENS!!!!

Texasteel
06-02-2009, 09:26 PM
Wish they would get the puck out of this end

HometownGal
06-02-2009, 09:30 PM
:hope: :hope: :hope:

SteelCityMan786
6 Minutes off the clock. NICE!!!!

Crushzilla
Eat sh**, Hossa.

2 minutes.

Texasteel
Play defence for 2 more minutes

SteelCityMan786
Play defence for 2 more minutes

An extra goal wouldn't hurt. Odds are good to get an empty net goal if they can hold serve.

HometownGal
06-02-2009, 09:31 PM
Pens have to keep up the pressure and get the puck down into their zone so Osgood can't come out of the net. 2 to go. :hope:

SteelCityMan786
06-02-2009, 09:31 PM
Pens have to keep up the pressure and get the puck down into their zone so Osgood can't come out of the net. 2 to go. :hope:

That's what I would prefer, but in whatever manner the Penguins can assure that a game 5 will be needed I'll take.

Crushzilla
06-02-2009, 09:33 PM
SUPERSTAAAR!

HometownGal
ITS OVER!!!!!!! :banana: :banana: :banana:

Don't ever count these guyz out of ANY game!

Texasteel
An extra goal wouldn't hurt. Odds are good to get an empty net goal if they can hold serve.

You called it

SteelCityMan786
06-02-2009, 09:35 PM
NICE WORK MAX!!!!! GAME OVER!!!!!

Texasteel
First game of 4. Go Pens!!!!!

Edman
PENGUINS WIN!!!!!

WHOOOHOOOO!!!!

HometownGal
06-02-2009, 09:36 PM
The Pens proved that they can definitely run with the big dogs!

What a game! Grats' guys and let's keep that winning streak going. :tt:

Texasteel
06-02-2009, 09:38 PM
Well that was fun, I'm exhausted.

Fire Haley
06-02-2009, 09:45 PM
Game on bitches!

I am so wasted.

I_Bleed_Black_And_Gold
06-02-2009, 09:49 PM
Great game, my heat is still beating out of my chest!

Refs finally making the obvious calls and a little luck and we are now back in the dance!

Fire Haley
06-02-2009, 10:03 PM
Hal Gill played the game of his life.

HometownGal
06-02-2009, 10:04 PM
Just heard on KDKA that there were over 8,000 fans watching the game outside of Mellon Arena tonight. :drink:

HometownGal
06-02-2009, 10:05 PM
Hal Gill played the game of his life.

Did hell just freeze over? :wink02::flap::chuckle: Quick - grab your pitchforks!

Fire Haley
06-02-2009, 10:09 PM
I just call em like I see em ma'am.

X-Terminator
06-02-2009, 10:32 PM
Finally, we have ourselves a series! Great job by the Pens to bounce back after being dominated in the 2nd period, take over the game in the 3rd and get the win. I unfortunately had to listen to the 3rd period on the way to work, but it sure seemed to me like somebody - or a couple guys - in that room stood up and said something in the 2nd intermission, because they came out flying from the drop of the puck in the 3rd and didn't let up.

Two guys who didn't show up on the stat sheet that deserve big props - Kunitz and Cooke. They were taking the body against the Wings all night long - Kunitz alone had 11 hits in the game. Another one - Hal Gill. Played great in the first 2 periods that I saw and must have played well in the 3rd if Killer is giving him props :wink02:

Well, that's one. They are back in the series, but it will be all for naught if they don't win game 4.

LET'S GO PENS!!!! :tt02::tt03:

Fire Haley
06-02-2009, 10:45 PM
Don't go by me, it's all a blur after 2-2.

Ding Ding - off the post

OneForTheToe
06-02-2009, 11:53 PM
Just heard on KDKA that there were over 8,000 fans watching the game outside of Mellon Arena tonight. :drink:

Yea give some credit to Versus. They take a lot of heat for their coverage, but not every network permits those giant srceen displays, I bet NBC puts the kaboosh on it for game6.

X-Terminator
06-03-2009, 02:12 AM
Yea give some credit to Versus. They take a lot of heat for their coverage, but not every network permits those giant srceen displays, I bet NBC puts the kaboosh on it for game6.

They won't - they don't allow any of their games to be shown on the big screen in any sport because it cuts into their bottom line, since they make all of their money off advertising, unlike cable, and they use ratings to set the price. Those 8,000 fans only count as one person in the ratings. It sucks, of course, but that's the way it is.

OneForTheToe
06-03-2009, 02:57 AM
A pic of a random Pens' fan: :wink02:

http://espn-i.starwave.com/media/apphoto/308a9216-ba05-407c-89ee-22bbec1cea0b.jpg

Seriously, gota love Tomlin's son's reaction.

pancake
06-03-2009, 03:01 AM
A pic of a random Pens' fan: :wink02:

http://espn-i.starwave.com/media/apphoto/308a9216-ba05-407c-89ee-22bbec1cea0b.jpg

Seriously, gota love Tomlin's son's reaction.

Awesome photo of Tomlin!:tt02:

jev7452
06-03-2009, 07:17 AM
great pic!! i love the support the pittsburgh teams have for one another!! great game last night, hopefully they can do it again thursday

trauben
06-03-2009, 07:28 AM
And they call Detroit hockey town? LOL! You don't see this kind of enthusiasm there.
Did you hear the announcers last night comment on how they, "Versus", enjoyed inviting more people to the party when showing the crowd outside? It was a subtle slam to NBC. Good for Versus. I hate NBC's announcers and their obvious lovefest for their Wings.

Some thoughts:

Last night's win was a must. We all knew that. The Pens did what they had to do, but now they must not repeat what they did last year and that is to split at home. ITS A MUST WIN THURSDAY!
First two games we out-shot Detroit yet lost. Last night's game they out-shot us and they lost. Interesting.
MAF seems fueled by the home fans more this year. After the first two goals and the fans subtle but audible "ohs" and sighs, he perked up. Thats my observation of it anyway. He needs to be more in zone. I love the Flower, but we need him 200% right now.
Oz still hasn't had an "off" game yet this series as he almost always does. When that moment comes it's another win.
I still believe that this series is still ours. I'm not convinced Detroit is the better team at all.
I still hate #81, probably more now than ever.
LOL @ our undeclared power play for 20 seconds. I heard Detroit whining from my window. :drink:

stlrtruck
06-03-2009, 07:46 AM
They won't - they don't allow any of their games to be shown on the big screen in any sport because it cuts into their bottom line, since they make all of their money off advertising, unlike cable, and they use ratings to set the price. Those 8,000 fans only count as one person in the ratings. It sucks, of course, but that's the way it is.

Unless that screen was established as part of the Nielsen "Family" it doesn't matter how many people watch it on one TV. The ratings are setup by using estimates. So those 8,000 fans won't matter, when it comes out last nights game will still have a huge rating for Pittsburgh based on the number of people participating as part of the Nielsen "Family".

Networks and media outlets attempt to use the ratings as a means to justify such actions as limiting the viewing of the game because of lost revenue but the bottom line is that they truly don't lose revenue because of the statistics used to calculate the rating.

SteelMember
06-03-2009, 07:51 AM
4 in a row, and lift it at home!

I know, we need one first, but that would be absolutely awesome.

Let's go Pens! :tt03:

:danceshout: One down, 3 to go. Let's do this!

OK, the first game of a 4 game run.

Go Get Um Pens!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:applaudit: There 'ya go, positive vibes.

The Pens proved that they can definitely run with the big dogs!

What a game! Grats' guys and let's keep that winning streak going. :tt:

:thumbsup: Keep grinding 'em out.

Let's Go Pens! :tt03:

stlrtruck
06-03-2009, 07:53 AM
Last night I saw the game I've been wanting to see. The defense stepped up and disrupted the red wings flow. And while detroit played their game, it wasn't the same when they couldn't flow correctly.

That's the type of game I expect to see on Thursday as well. It wasn't about being more physical than them but just anticipating what they are going to do. It is what detroit does better than anyone but they haven't learned to play against the system when used against them. It showed against Chicago when they did it to them and it showed last night.

As for the missed call and detroit's whining. Suck it up! I bet not one red wing's fan remembers the missed call in game 2 but will be whining their arse off today about the one missed in Pittsburgh. Save it you bunch of pansy waists.

As I mentioned before this game, great teams over come obstacles and the bounce of the puck was in detroit's favor for the first two games and last night it went Pittsburgh's way. It happens!

As for Babc0ck and his post-game interview, the man needs to either speak his mind or shut up. It sounded like he was straddling the fence on bitchin' and moanin' about the refs and saying it was good game. Well which one is there Babc0ck?

I'm really starting to dislike the red wing's and their fans!

GAME 4 - LET'S GET IT ON!

LET'S GO PENS
LET'S GO PENS
LET'S GO PENS

KeiselPower99
06-03-2009, 08:44 AM
I dont enjoy watchin games on NBC for anything. NHL or NFL.. Great game last night and after everyone was talking about Detriots role players being the differance Talbot gets 2 and Letang gets 1. After last night the big mo is on our side.

Fire Haley
06-03-2009, 09:13 AM
After last night the big mo is on our side.

win on Thursday and mo will be on our side

X-Terminator
06-03-2009, 09:40 AM
As for the missed call and detroit's whining. Suck it up! I bet not one red wing's fan remembers the missed call in game 2 but will be whining their arse off today about the one missed in Pittsburgh. Save it you bunch of pansy waists.

As I mentioned before this game, great teams over come obstacles and the bounce of the puck was in detroit's favor for the first two games and last night it went Pittsburgh's way. It happens!

As for Babc0ck and his post-game interview, the man needs to either speak his mind or shut up. It sounded like he was straddling the fence on bitchin' and moanin' about the refs and saying it was good game. Well which one is there Babc0ck?

I'm really starting to dislike the red wing's and their fans!

This is precisely why I don't whine about the referees. I'm tired of every time a team loses, the first thing they complain about is the calls. Look, the refs completely missed the too many men call, and yes, it is inexcusable when there are 4 officials on the ice. I understand that. But to blame that on why you lost...give me a break. How about the Red Wings' pathetic PK unit and their inability to score in the 2nd period when they dominated the play, and thus opening the door for the Pens to take the game in the 3rd? Or failing to score when they had a critical PP in the 2nd? Or managing just 3 measly shots in the 3rd period? None of that contributed to the loss, no...it was those damn referees blowing the too many men call, so therefore it MUST be a conspiracy to get "Cindy" his Stanley Cup. :rolleyes:

I really dislike today's fans. Bunch of whiny SOBs. And the coaches/media do nothing but egg it on.

PisnNapalm
06-03-2009, 10:03 AM
I told yinz I was cursed.

Last night I did not watch the game at all. I did not even check the score until this morning. We won. It figures.

The_WARDen
06-03-2009, 10:03 AM
Great game last night! I rip Fleury alot but now I have to give him some credit. He played very well in the last 2 periods. Kudos to showing up to the party!

If he plays like that the rest of way, then they may actually have a shot here.

I am not into conspiracy theories, but how do all the refs and all the Red Wings miss the 6 on 5 power play for over 20 seconds? Mind boggling....

stlrtruck
06-03-2009, 10:23 AM
I told yinz I was cursed.

Last night I did not watch the game at all. I did not even check the score until this morning. We won. It figures.

Guess you'll be scheduling something else for Thursday night?

I_Bleed_Black_And_Gold
06-03-2009, 01:03 PM
I still notice that there is rarely/never a reply showing when a Pen commits a penalty. They just say it happened and go right back to playing.

OneForTheToe
06-03-2009, 01:18 PM
Datsyuk back.

PITTSBURGH – The Detroit Red Wings not only expect to have Pavel Datsyuk back for the Stanley Cup final, there’s a very good chance he will suit up Thursday night for Game 4.

Datsyuk has missed the first three games of the Stanley Cup final and the past six with a foot injury he sustained during the Western Conference final, but a source close to the Wings said if Datsyuk doesn’t play in Game 4, he’ll definitely go in Game 5.

The Wings take to the ice at 2 p.m. EST Wednesday and Datsyuk will practise with the team. He is expected to be evaluated after that practice and the morning skate Thursday before a final decision is made. There is no doubt he is very close to getting back into the lineup.

Having Datsyuk would be an obvious boon to the Red Wings and would almost certainly take some of the defensive responsibility away from Henrik Zetterberg, who has been closely checking Sidney Crosby in this series.

http://www.thehockeynews.com/articles/26573-Datsyuk-may-return-for-Game-4-will-play-in-Game-5.html

While Datsyuk is a great player, at this point, I would be rooting for the Wings to take Zetterberg off Crosby some and put a injured Datsyuk on him for a while. Maybe Sid can exploit some rust on Pavel in game 4 or 5?

Steel Head
06-03-2009, 01:39 PM
While Datsyuk is a great player, at this point, I would be rooting for the Wings to take Zetterberg off Crosby some and put a injured Datsyuk on him for a while. Maybe Sid can exploit some rust on Pavel in game 4 or 5?

yeah, i doubt that will happen. Zetterberg has been doing a good job on Crosby.

They will use Datsyuk to try and slow down Malkin who has been the Pens best player thus far

It would be really cool if Staal's line would contribute some secondary scoring

stlrtruck
06-03-2009, 02:01 PM
I still notice that there is rarely/never a reply showing when a Pen commits a penalty. They just say it happened and go right back to playing.

Versus does an excellent job on all the penalties as far as reviewing them and calling them out.

Texasteel
06-03-2009, 04:13 PM
I really dislike today's fans. Bunch of whiny SOBs. And the coaches/media do nothing but egg it on.

Not really whining, just a fact. Heard the commentators say again last night, the Wings play to SLIGHTLY interfere. Now what the hell does that mean? I guess it mean interferons is part of the Wings game plan, and they will keep doing it until someone make them stop.

HometownGal
06-03-2009, 05:51 PM
Not really whining, just a fact. Heard the commentators say again last night, the Wings play to SLIGHTLY interfere. Now what the hell does that mean? I guess it mean interferons is part of the Wings game plan, and they will keep doing it until someone make them stop.

The Wings, as well as the Caps, are infamous for doing that and it's rarely ever called. Interference is when an opponent attempts to impede a player not in possession of the puck. I think every team "picks" to a degree, but the Wings are very sneaky about it and as I said - it rarely ever draws a penalty.

When Serg scored that goal last night, I pulled his picture down off of my wall and gave him a huge :kiss: LOL! What a game and particularly - what a third period domination by our Pens! :tt03:

Pens are going to carry a huge amount of momentum into tomorrow night's game and I think we're going to see one helluva performance by the guys.

LETS GO PENS!!!

X-Terminator
06-03-2009, 06:49 PM
The Wings, as well as the Caps, are infamous for doing that and it's rarely ever called. Interference is when an opponent attempts to impede a player not in possession of the puck. I think every team "picks" to a degree, but the Wings are very sneaky about it and as I said - it rarely ever draws a penalty.

When Serg scored that goal last night, I pulled his picture down off of my wall and gave him a huge :kiss: LOL! What a game and particularly - what a third period domination by our Pens! :tt03:

Pens are going to carry a huge amount of momentum into tomorrow night's game and I think we're going to see one helluva performance by the guys.

LETS GO PENS!!!

I've a feeling there's going to be quite a few penalties called tomorrow night and that the majority will go against the Pens. Babc0ck's whining will not fall on deaf ears with the refs. So the Pens need to be on their toes and their PK will need to be sharp. Really, other than the Capitals series when they brought up the interference, have the Pens complained AT ALL about the officiating when it has gone against them? I don't remember any other time. It seems like Bylsma is above that.

Also, if Datsyuk does play tomorrow, I say bring it. I want the Wings at full strength so that there are no excuses when we win. Wings fans I'm sure think having him back means doom for the Pens. But that's why they play the games.

LET'S GO PENS!!!!

SteelCityMan786
06-03-2009, 07:28 PM
I've a feeling there's going to be quite a few penalties called tomorrow night and that the majority will go against the Pens. Babc0ck's whining will not fall on deaf ears with the refs. So the Pens need to be on their toes and their PK will need to be sharp. Really, other than the Capitals series when they brought up the interference, have the Pens complained AT ALL about the officiating when it has gone against them? I don't remember any other time. It seems like Bylsma is above that.

Also, if Datsyuk does play tomorrow, I say bring it. I want the Wings at full strength so that there are no excuses when we win. Wings fans I'm sure think having him back means doom for the Pens. But that's why they play the games.

LET'S GO PENS!!!!

I do to, but I have a feeling they'll be equal.

The Penguins have beaten the Wings with Datsyuk in the lineup. Who says they can't do it again.

HometownGal
06-03-2009, 07:32 PM

LET'S GO PENS!!!!

Let Bitter Beer Face cry all he wants, freakin' Lurch clone. :crying01:

Datsyuk is a damned good player, but the Pens have pretty much limited the
Wings big guns, including that pri ck Hossa, and I have no doubt that they'll game plan for Datsyuk being in the lineup.

I perused one of the Wings boards this morning and they think they're invincible. See how invincible they'll feel after tomorrow night. :tt03: They're still whining like bitches about the "too many men on the ice" penalty that the refs (and their own team) missed. Too bad, so sad. :crying02:

LETS GO PENS!!!! :banana:

Fire Haley
06-03-2009, 07:34 PM
Sid needs to shoot the damn puck - the Wings are waiting for his passes.

Pens - 0 shots for the whole 2nd period?

Get the puck in deep, there's no cute passes to be made in the neutral zone against this team - just turnovers.

Keep pounding them boys.

HometownGal
06-03-2009, 07:55 PM
Sid needs to shoot the damn puck - the Wings are waiting for his passes.

Pens - 0 shots for the whole 2nd period?

Get the puck in deep, there's no cute passes to be made in the neutral zone against this team - just turnovers.

Keep pounding them boys.

Pens had 4 shots in the 2nd last night, Killer, but had no official scoring chances in that 20 minutes.

I agree - Sid needs to shoot the puck more, as pretty little passes just aren't going to cut it against the Wings. In his defense, however, Zetterberg has covered him like a blanket. I say he scores one tomorrow night. :hope:

What I want to see more of is the Pens parking Guerin's fan danny in front of Osgood at every opportunity. Ryan Malone was great at doing that successfully and I believe Guerin could be just as successful.

SteelMember
06-04-2009, 07:44 AM
What I want to see more of is the Pens parking Guerin's fan danny in front of Osgood at every opportunity.

:iagree:

Get somebody in front...Anybody!

imo, to make this happen, its going to have a lot to do with our D play. Starting with Fleury. I don't think he has been near the top of his game in this series. He needs to step it up. Our D pairs have played ok for the most part, but they have plenty of room to improve. Things like clearing the zone need to be done more efficiently. They have been giving the wings too many second chances to hold, therefore tiring the line. Lastly, the forwards need to get the back checking going. For the first 3 series, we were causing plenty of turnovers and causing problems in the neutral zone. Right now the neutral zone dosen't seem to be a problem for them (wings).

As for the offense, we all know we have the talent. I'd just like to see the shots go up closer to 30. Sometimes they get too cute, although those always look great on replay. Throw they puck at the net (with somebody screening in front) and get some ugly ones. They count just the same.

Let's go Pen's!

Even it up!

Steel Head
06-04-2009, 07:52 AM
imo, to make this happen, its going to have a lot to do with our D play. Starting with Fleury. I don't think he has been near the top of his game in this series. He needs to step it up. Our D pairs have played ok for the most part, but they have plenty of room to improve. Things like clearing the zone need to be done more efficiently.

It's always easy to blame the goalie. IMO Fleury has played better than our D has. Orpik has been out of position a lot, Gonchar has played as well as can be expected (still not 100%), Eaton and Scuderi have been okay but can play better, Letang has impressed me, Gill needs to try and play better especially clearing the puck instead of turning it over

I'd like to see Staal's line step up and contribute a goal or 2. Don't get me wrong, Staal has been playing great defensively but it's time to step up and score some goals

stlrtruck
06-04-2009, 08:34 AM
On top of what has been mentioned recently, the team needs to play all 60 minutes with the same enthusiasm and determination that they do the first 10 minutes of the first period.

Continue to knock the wings out of rhythm and it won't matter who they have on the ice. It's easy to tell that their performance is based on flow of the players. Disrupt that, anticipate the puck movement and you will send the wings home demoralized.

LET'S GO PENS!

MUST WINE, CAN NO LOSE ANYMORE GAMES!

Steel Head
06-04-2009, 08:55 AM
apparently Zigomanis has been cleared to play: http://sports.yahoo.com/nhl/rumors/post/Pens-Zigomanis-cleared-to-play-but-will-he-?urn=nhl,167731

I'm guessing he won't play tonight but it will be tempting to dress him for defensive zone faceoffs (he is the best at faceoffs in the NHL)

SteelMember
06-04-2009, 09:22 AM
It's always easy to blame the goalie. IMO Fleury has played better than our D has. Orpik has been out of position a lot, Gonchar has played as well as can be expected (still not 100%), Eaton and Scuderi have been okay but can play better, Letang has impressed me, Gill needs to try and play better especially clearing the puck instead of turning it over

I'd like to see Staal's line step up and contribute a goal or 2. Don't get me wrong, Staal has been playing great defensively but it's time to step up and score some goals

I'm not sure how your equating "blame" with needs to improve, or is not at the top of his game. He has given up some soft goals. He probably would admit to that himself. The Flower has big time talent. I just hate to see Osgood get the better of the comparison.

As far as Gill, we've heard this song before. Personally, I appreciate the fact that he isn't puck gazing and stands the guy up and attempts to run him to the boards. It's a more "physical" approach contrasting some of the guys who are more comfortable poke checking the puck. He isn't a great stick handler or skater, but those are not the strengths of his game, and he knows that. Something you should too.

I will agree that I would like to see Staal's line, Staal imparticular, get some more points, but hey, let's be realistic, I'd like to see more points from the entire team, because the object, of course, is to get more than the opponent. :wink02: Maddenism :chuckle:

Let's Go Pen's!

1 down, 3 to go. :tt03:

Fire Haley
06-04-2009, 12:28 PM
I agree - Sid needs to shoot the puck more, as pretty little passes just aren't going to cut it against the Wings.

anybody that agrees with me gets instant karma
:drink:

Steel Head
06-04-2009, 12:40 PM
okay, I am getting absolutely no work done today......must start drinking soon

This is a must win game for the Pens

Fire Haley
06-04-2009, 01:12 PM
All games are must-wins, but this is a really, really, really must-win.

SI cover jinx?

http://thepensblog.com/images/stories/2009_playoffs/random_posts/june/si.jpg

Edman
06-04-2009, 02:14 PM
Talk about premature. Claiming victory for the Wings already.

Game 3 was a great game, but it's all wasted if the Pens don't win tonight. They're still down and can't afford a split in Pittsburgh. Especially with Datsyuk returning for Detroit.

Tonight is as big a must win as any. Win, it's a brand new best of 3 series. Lose, and you're in a 3-1 hole. The Pens rallied from a 2-0 deficit in these playoffs before. Let's see if they can do it again. Let's see how badly they want this cup.

Fire Haley
06-04-2009, 06:11 PM
Big game

Big game

Big game

I believe

GO PENS!!!

SteelCityMan786
06-04-2009, 06:16 PM
Big game

Big game

Big game

I believe

GO PENS!!!

Wouldn't be surprised if they're at the game tonight.

HometownGal
06-04-2009, 06:20 PM
Big game

Big game

Big game

I believe

GO PENS!!!

Hey Killer - did ya know tonight is a BIG GAME??? :chuckle: :drink:

Pens should be riding on a ton of momentum and adrenaline tonight. :tt03:

Take this game tonight and keep riding that wave!

LETS GO PENS!!!!

SteelCityMan786
06-04-2009, 06:38 PM
It appears Pavel is going to be in the lineup tonight.

HometownGal
06-04-2009, 06:51 PM
It appears Pavel is going to be in the lineup tonight.

I saw that. I'm sure he isn't at 100% but nonetheless, the Pens will find a way to contain him as they have that shitball Hossa.

I see we have the Versus 3 Stooges again tonight. :puke:

Fire Haley
06-04-2009, 06:52 PM
I don't care if they have Pavlov's dog playing - the Pens are gonna kick their assgry's.

I got a feeling.

HometownGal
06-04-2009, 06:54 PM
I think I'm going to :puke: All 3 stooges are slobbering all over Hossa's knob. :jerkit: Making a huge deal over Hossa getting 2 goals in every Game 4 in the playoffs. Whoop dee doo - he's playing against our Pens and we aint gonna give him jack shit!

LETS GO PENS!!

HometownGal
06-04-2009, 06:59 PM
Just heard on Versus that Datsyuk WILL NOT play tonight. :thumbsup:

NEPAsteeler
06-04-2009, 07:02 PM
I don't have to work today so I actually get to contribute here and watch the game. I'm so pumped. :tt03:

Let's Go Pens!

SteelCityMan786
06-04-2009, 07:09 PM
Just heard on Versus that Datsyuk WILL NOT play tonight. :thumbsup:

Draper though is in. It will be crucial that if they're on the PP at all tonight, they will need to strategize pretty well for his presence.

HometownGal
06-04-2009, 07:12 PM
He's a Wing and I'm not supposed to like him, but I think Zetterberg is a total class act. I'd love nothing more, though, than to see Sid beat his ass like a rented mule tonight.

HometownGal
06-04-2009, 07:13 PM
Draper though is in. It will be crucial that if they're on the PP at all tonight, they will need to strategize pretty well for his presence.

I have faith in our guys - I'm sure both Yeo and Bylsma have game-planned for both him and Datsyuk, though Pav isn't in the lineup.

NEPAsteeler
06-04-2009, 07:15 PM
And we are underway.

Texasteel
06-04-2009, 07:15 PM
Man! I just got home, didn't think I was going to make it in time.

Go Pens!!!!!

HometownGal
06-04-2009, 07:16 PM
Pens on PP!!! :banana:

Let's put the first goal on the board! :hope:

Texasteel
06-04-2009, 07:17 PM
Got hom in time to see that PP

HometownGal
06-04-2009, 07:18 PM
GENO SCOOOOOOORES!!!!! :banana:

1-0 Our Pens!

Texasteel
06-04-2009, 07:19 PM
First Blood, I love it.

NEPAsteeler
06-04-2009, 07:19 PM
GEEEENNNNOOOOOO

NEPAsteeler
06-04-2009, 07:22 PM
So far so good. Let's keep it up Guys!

SteelCityMan786
06-04-2009, 07:25 PM
I have faith in our guys - I'm sure both Yeo and Bylsma have game-planned for both him and Datsyuk, though Pav isn't in the lineup.

No matter who is in, the Penguins can win.

NICE JOB BY GENO GETTING GOAL 1!!!!

HometownGal
06-04-2009, 07:26 PM
I'd really love to see Sid put one (or two, or three) in the net tonight. :hope:

Pittsburghfan
06-04-2009, 07:26 PM
hey guys, it has been a while since I was here to talk Pens with you guys.
So far so good.

HometownGal
06-04-2009, 07:27 PM
So far so good.

Long time no see - how ya doin? :drink:

Texasteel
06-04-2009, 07:29 PM
Keep the pressure on Osgood

Pittsburghfan
06-04-2009, 07:30 PM
Long time no see - how ya doin? :drink:

Not to happy with another certain Pittsburgh sports team for trading a fan favorite. anyway, I'm rather good thanks. Yourself?
I would have been better if Sid scored there. He will get at least 1 this game.

NEPAsteeler
06-04-2009, 07:33 PM
Great save by Fleury

Texasteel
06-04-2009, 07:35 PM
Oh yea, Fleurys no good. Insert sarcasm smiley

SteelCityMan786
06-04-2009, 07:35 PM
So far so good.

Good to have you back.

NEPAsteeler
06-04-2009, 07:36 PM
Oh yea, Fleurys no good. Insert sarcasm smiley

I couldn't agree with you more :chuckle:

HometownGal
06-04-2009, 07:37 PM
Wings PP coming up. Pens have to hold strong here.

NEPAsteeler
06-04-2009, 07:38 PM
Blah. Wings on a PP. Guess we'll just have to kill it.

Texasteel
06-04-2009, 07:38 PM
K guys, kill it.

Texasteel
06-04-2009, 07:39 PM
Half gone

Pittsburghfan
06-04-2009, 07:40 PM
Great PK. Defense is playing great so far, along with flower.

NEPAsteeler
06-04-2009, 07:40 PM
Good kill on the PP. Let's keep it up.

HometownGal
06-04-2009, 07:41 PM
Not to happy with another certain Pittsburgh sports team for trading a fan favorite. anyway, I'm rather good thanks. Yourself?
I would have been better if Sid scored there. He will get at least 1 this game.

I know how you feel. I wasn't at all pleased about what the Pirates did. :mad: Good to see you here. :drink:

Great job on PK! :tt03::applaudit::hatsoff:

Fleury is playing out of his mind in this period. :hatsoff:

NEPAsteeler
06-04-2009, 07:43 PM
Defense is definitely playing well so far.

Let's Go Pens!

Texasteel
06-04-2009, 07:45 PM
We're putting big time pressure on Osgood, he may crack, I hope.

NEPAsteeler
06-04-2009, 07:48 PM
Osgood has got to crack sooner or later. Come onnnnn.

HometownGal
06-04-2009, 07:49 PM
Pens on PP once again. Lets get goal #2 before the period ends. :hope:

NEPAsteeler
06-04-2009, 07:49 PM
Pens on a PP. Let's put it to good use!

HometownGal
06-04-2009, 07:50 PM
Even up time. :mad: BULLSHIT.

NEPAsteeler
06-04-2009, 07:51 PM
Oh come on. Wtf.

HometownGal
06-04-2009, 07:51 PM
OK - saw the replay. The penalty is justified.

Borski
06-04-2009, 07:53 PM
does anyone know of an online stream I can watch the game on?

HometownGal
DAMN IT. :mad: Scudsie turned the puck over.

NEPAsteeler
BLAHH. Tied up. :banging:

Texasteel
06-04-2009, 07:54 PM
Damn turnovers will kill ya.

NEPAsteeler
06-04-2009, 07:55 PM
No miscommunications.... PLEASE.

Texasteel
06-04-2009, 07:57 PM
Good period. One turnover away from the lead.

HometownGal
06-04-2009, 07:58 PM
Pens played well for the most part in the 1st. Hope they come out flyin' in the 2nd.

Helm got a lucky break there and put it in between Fleury's pad and the post. Bet that was one pass Scuds wished he had never attempted. It's OK, though - he's a guy who never gets the credit he deserves.

NEPAsteeler
06-04-2009, 07:59 PM
Not a bad 1st. Let's keep it going into the 2nd.

Steel Head
06-04-2009, 08:01 PM
great 1st period by Fleury, he is really keeping us in this game

Redwings on pace for 57 shots :doh: :jawdrop:

NEPAsteeler
06-04-2009, 08:03 PM
Glad to hear that the League seems to be doing well despite the economy.

NEPAsteeler
06-04-2009, 08:04 PM
great 1st period by Fleury, he is really keeping us in this game

Redwings on pace for 57 shots :doh: :jawdrop:

That's a little too much for comfort

steelersfanman92
06-04-2009, 08:04 PM
does anyone know of an online stream I can watch the game on?

This is a decent quality online stream http://www.ustream.tv/channel/TML-Live or you can go to mypsp.eu for more streams

Steel Head
06-04-2009, 08:06 PM
This is a decent quality online stream http://www.ustream.tv/channel/TML-Live or you can go to mypsp.eu for more streams

here's another 1 that usually works: http://atdhe.net/index.html

HometownGal
06-04-2009, 08:11 PM
My only complaint thus far (and it is something I've been complaining about most of the season) is that the Pens sometimes screw around with trying to pass the puck when they have a clear shot - SHOOT THE PUCK!!

SteelCityMan786
06-04-2009, 08:12 PM
My only complaint thus far (and it is something I've been complaining about most of the season) is that the Pens sometimes screw around with trying to pass the puck when they have a clear shot - SHOOT THE PUCK!!

That's my only beef. They keep taking shots at Osgood, he'll give up a few goals.

Steel Head
06-04-2009, 08:14 PM
Crosby needs to shoot more

Steel Head
06-04-2009, 08:15 PM
dayum, outside the arena is PACKED!!! Looks like 5k+ peeps out there

so cool

NEPAsteeler
06-04-2009, 08:16 PM
DAMN IT :mad: :banging:

HometownGal
G DAMN IT.

Let's answer guys! Get that goal back.

Steel Head
Guerin screening Fleury??????????

HometownGal
06-04-2009, 08:19 PM
Remember - last time the Wings led 2-1 the Pens ended up with the win 4-2. :drink: :hope:

SteelCityMan786
Come on Pens. You can come back. KEEP THE FAITH!!!!

NEPAsteeler
Gotta have faith. It's still early in the game. You can do it, Guys! :thumbsup: :tt03:

Texasteel
06-04-2009, 08:21 PM
Not worried at all, they'll get it back.

Steel Head
06-04-2009, 08:24 PM
WTF kinda penalty is that?

Zetterberg and Hossa do that stuff all the time without getting called....BS

HometownGal
Why is Geno so pissed? That was definitely a hook. :noidea:

NEPAsteeler
Grrr :mad:

NEPAsteeler
06-04-2009, 08:26 PM
Come on... let's get another kill here!

Steel Head
06-04-2009, 08:27 PM
nice dive

HometownGal
06-04-2009, 08:28 PM
Pens really need to settle down. Another PP for the Wings.

HometownGal
06-04-2009, 08:28 PM
WTF>?>???????????????

GENO WAS TRIPPED!!! :mad: :mad: :mad:

HometownGal
06-04-2009, 08:29 PM
STAAAAAAAALLLLLLL!!!!!!!!! WOOOO HOOOOOOO!!!!! :banana: :banana: :banana:

Steel Head
JORDAN M-FING STAAL IN DA HOUSE

(i called this all day)

NEPAsteeler
HE SHOOTS HE SCORES! :tt02: :tt03:

HometownGal
06-04-2009, 08:30 PM
What an absolutely BEAUTIFUL goal! :drink:

Texasteel
06-04-2009, 08:30 PM
I guess we've just been playing with too many guys.

Texasteel
06-04-2009, 08:31 PM
Killed two back to back and scored. God I love this team.

NEPAsteeler
06-04-2009, 08:31 PM
YEAHHHHHHHHHHHHHH :tt03:

HometownGal
06-04-2009, 08:32 PM
WOOOOOOOOOOOOOO HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!! Sid gets his goal!!!! :banana: :drink: :hatsoff: